HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The end of The Vines?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
anaobrad

avatar

Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:56 am

thelivingvines wrote:
Highly Evolved wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:
freak wrote:
On Wiki: "Heald is yet to confirm his departure from the band. He is currently playing bass for Gold Coast band Dune Rats."

You do all realise that Wikepedia is a notoriously unreliable source of information, don't you?

At least it gives us an idea on what is or could be happening

er... no, no it doesn't.

I could go on there and edit the entry to say that Patrick has re-joined the band and that Craig has grown extra arms with which he will play guitar and drums simultaneously.... would that be giving you an idea of what is or could be happening?

You have to ask yourself who is editing it. You have no idea where that information has come from, and therefore you can't trust it. The facebook page of a solo Craig is far more indicative of what's going on I think you'll find.

woooooahh calm down yall. other sites have backed up the fact that he is playing for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-vines.tumblr.com
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:43 am

anaobrad wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:
Highly Evolved wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:
freak wrote:
On Wiki: "Heald is yet to confirm his departure from the band. He is currently playing bass for Gold Coast band Dune Rats."

You do all realise that Wikepedia is a notoriously unreliable source of information, don't you?

At least it gives us an idea on what is or could be happening

er... no, no it doesn't.

I could go on there and edit the entry to say that Patrick has re-joined the band and that Craig has grown extra arms with which he will play guitar and drums simultaneously.... would that be giving you an idea of what is or could be happening?

You have to ask yourself who is editing it. You have no idea where that information has come from, and therefore you can't trust it. The facebook page of a solo Craig is far more indicative of what's going on I think you'll find.

woooooahh calm down yall. other sites have backed up the fact that he is playing for them.

such as?

and where do you think they sourced their information from?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 19
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:59 am

thelivingvines wrote:
such as?

and where do you think they sourced their information from?

From seeing him actually play a gig for them somewhere?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Highly Evolved wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:
such as?

and where do you think they sourced their information from?

From seeing him actually play a gig for them somewhere?

Phrased as a question because you're assuming and don't know the answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 19
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Of course I wouldn't know the answer because I'm not a journalist who's needing to release an article about Brad and his whereabouts and future of the vines, plus I've never seen the Dune Rats play before, and I'm not even in the Gold Coast where they're based.

So I'm still sticking with that's he's with the Dune Rats for now
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
anaobrad

avatar

Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:34 pm

http://musicfeeds.com.au/gig/dune-rats-neverland-bar-coolangatta-17052012/

first paragraph

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-vines.tumblr.com
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:41 pm

anaobrad wrote:
http://musicfeeds.com.au/gig/dune-rats-neverland-bar-coolangatta-17052012/

first paragraph


... and that gives a conclusive answer from a legitimate source that Brad is / is not still in The Vines does it? No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 19
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:53 pm

thelivingvines wrote:
... and that gives a conclusive answer from a legitimate source that Brad is / is not still in The Vines does it? No.

Brad's gone to fly with the unicorns that ride the rainbows throughout the sky spreading wonderful cheer and love to one and all, and he won't be back until the unicorns have flown all over the world. Then he'll rejoin the wonderful Craigles and continue playing in his band.

That, is 100% legit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
anaobrad

avatar

Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 pm

thelivingvines wrote:
anaobrad wrote:
http://musicfeeds.com.au/gig/dune-rats-neverland-bar-coolangatta-17052012/

first paragraph


... and that gives a conclusive answer from a legitimate source that Brad is / is not still in The Vines does it? No.

lol ur a little trickster aren't you! fairly legitimate source i'd say and as for the is brad still in the vines QQ wtf???????? since when was that a part of the ever important DUNE RATS debate? even the already-established-as-abhorently-unreliable wikipedia article doesn't make any assumptions about him staying or leaving woops
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-vines.tumblr.com
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Highly Evolved wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:
... and that gives a conclusive answer from a legitimate source that Brad is / is not still in The Vines does it? No.

Brad's gone to fly with the unicorns that ride the rainbows throughout the sky spreading wonderful cheer and love to one and all, and he won't be back until the unicorns have flown all over the world. Then he'll rejoin the wonderful Craigles and continue playing in his band.

That, is 100% legit.

Thank you for making my point for me. Your grammar is terrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:21 pm

anaobrad wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:
anaobrad wrote:
http://musicfeeds.com.au/gig/dune-rats-neverland-bar-coolangatta-17052012/

first paragraph


... and that gives a conclusive answer from a legitimate source that Brad is / is not still in The Vines does it? No.

lol ur a little trickster aren't you! fairly legitimate source i'd say and as for the is brad still in the vines QQ wtf???????? since when was that a part of the ever important DUNE RATS debate? even the already-established-as-abhorently-unreliable wikipedia article doesn't make any assumptions about him staying or leaving woops

It's simply tremendous that you made a huge assumption and that you're now in the embarrassing position of having to admit not only that you didn't understand the point I was making but also that assumptions are a terrible thing thereby also re-enforcing my argument for me. Excuse me while I take a victory sip........ ahhhh.... delicious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
infinityplus0ne



Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-06-05

PostSubject: why don't they relaease any info?!!!   Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:39 pm

ok, it's been how many months now and still no word on what is actually happening with the band. i have to say this is some serious bs. come on pr department is it really that hard to answer 3 simple questions and one that might be out of there power to answer at the moment. 1. are the vines dead or will they continue with new members or will they continue with the homebake line-up 2. if they are dead will craig be doing a solo project 3. what will happen to the unreleased album if the vines are dead, will it just be a dead project or will craig use the songs in a solo project as i'm assuming he wrote 90% if not all of them. 4.when do you expect to have said new project out "ruff idea". other then the last question i don't think any of those 3 are unreasonable questions considering there have been questions since the line up change at homebake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 622
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:21 am

thelivingvines wrote:
anaobrad wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:
anaobrad wrote:
http://musicfeeds.com.au/gig/dune-rats-neverland-bar-coolangatta-17052012/

first paragraph


... and that gives a conclusive answer from a legitimate source that Brad is / is not still in The Vines does it? No.

lol ur a little trickster aren't you! fairly legitimate source i'd say and as for the is brad still in the vines QQ wtf???????? since when was that a part of the ever important DUNE RATS debate? even the already-established-as-abhorently-unreliable wikipedia article doesn't make any assumptions about him staying or leaving woops

It's simply tremendous that you made a huge assumption and that you're now in the embarrassing position of having to admit not only that you didn't understand the point I was making but also that assumptions are a terrible thing thereby also re-enforcing my argument for me. Excuse me while I take a victory sip........ ahhhh.... delicious.



Be a pretentious prick on the internet again and you'll get banned.

_________________


Last edited by Kitty on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 19
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:58 am

http://thevines.forumotion.com/t165-new-record-no-no-two-new-records

There thelivingvines, happy now?
Yes there's nothing about Brad in it or whatever, but he's making music now so that should end your argument hopefully.

And really? Grammar comebacks?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 19
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:55 am



Wonder if Brad's going along for the ride
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Kitty wrote:




Be a pretentious prick on the internet again and you'll get banned.

Really? And how is anything I have said against the forum terms of use? Seriously, as an administrator, if you are going to police the forum at least do it properly. Banning me because you don't like what I am saying would be absurd. This place needs all the fans it can get, and as someone who has been around and actively and regularly posting under various alias since 2002, banning me would be forcing a long term and very supportive fan away from the band he loves and stands up for.

Furthermore, I suggest that an administrator calling a member a "pretentious prick" is a direct contravention of the terms of use constituting posting abusive, hateful, inflammatory, derogatory and threatening material.

Would you like me to continue, or shall I leave it there?

Highly Evolved wrote:
http://thevines.forumotion.com/t165-new-record-no-no-two-new-records

There thelivingvines, happy now?
Yes there's nothing about Brad in it or whatever, but he's making music now so that should end your argument hopefully.

And really? Grammar comebacks?

Yes, much better thank you.

As far as the Brad discussion is concerned, one should not have an opinion unless it is backed up by something legitimate. Brad might well be playing for the Dune Rats and I never doubted that, whether or not he is in The Vines or not is an opinion based purely on conjecture at present and I think to post a wikipedia entry as authority is misleading to fans who would be naive enough to believe it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(((A Name)))



Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:28 pm

I think nobody should get banned.
thelivingvines has his own opinion and that's ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 622
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:24 pm

(((A Name))) wrote:
I think nobody should get banned.
thelivingvines has his own opinion and that's ok.

I know, it's more of acting on your high horse because you won a petty argument over the internet.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    

Back to top Go down
 
The end of The Vines?!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Similar topics
-
» pumpkin vines
» Pumpkin vines/plants are HUGE! - HELP!
» Wilting pumpkin and squash vines
» Caged vines in SFG?
» Pruning Cucumber Plants?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: The Vines :: General Discussion-
Jump to: