The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ramy Gamal

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 6:42 am

Russsstyyyyy, where are you? Sad

Please tell me I'm not completely insane in thinking we used to have a Ramy topic and now it's gone? Shocked

I wanted to share this with you, though you've probably already seen it.

Hope all is well on your end. Hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Anysound wrote:
Russsstyyyyy, where are you? Sad

Please tell me I'm not completely insane in thinking we used to have a Ramy topic and now it's gone? Shocked

I wanted to share this with you, though you've probably already seen it.

Omg Elenaaa!! *speechless* a new Ramy thread Woot
Thank you thank you thank youuuu! Hug

Yes, I've seen this interview, but thanks all the same, you're just too awesome for words Hug

The song/vid was a special project to celebrate Mother's Day
There was a special concert in Cairo aaand here's a totally adorable pic of Rammeh with his parents ^_^
Ramy Gamal Ramowithparents
Lucky mom, heh

And a couple of pix from that Agmal Om Masreya ("The most beautiful Egyptian mother") vid photoshoot

Ramy Gamal RamyEgypt2

Ramy Gamal Ramyyyyyy2

There's no smiley on this planet which could properly express what I feel when I'm looking at this pic Neutral

Anysound wrote:

I've been ill with flu (a very nasty bout of it, dammit)
I'm still not quite out of the woods yet, but yay on seeing this thread here I feel much better already Woot

btw I wonder who takes care of Ramy when he is ill. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:24 am

Rusty wrote:

Omg Elenaaa!! *speechless* a new Ramy thread Woot
Thank you thank you thank youuuu! Hug

Eeee, no problem. ^_^ And wait, so what happened to the old thread? Don't tell me we never had one here? I'm sure we did! Shocked

Rusty wrote:

Yes, I've seen this interview, but thanks all the same, you're just too awesome for words Hug

The song/vid was a special project to celebrate Mother's Day
There was a special concert in Cairo aaand here's a totally adorable pic of Rammeh with his parents ^_^
Ramy Gamal Ramowithparents
Lucky mom, heh

Ohhh, that's what it's all about! I was watching it and couldn't help but notice the distinct mother-child-family theme but it didn't even cross my mind it might be about Mother's Day; I feel so stupid. Razz But awh, that's so cute. ^_^ As are those photos! You can really see the resemblance between him and his parents. Very Happy

Rusty wrote:

And a couple of pix from that Agmal Om Masreya ("The most beautiful Egyptian mother") vid photoshoot

Ramy Gamal RamyEgypt2

Ramy Gamal Ramyyyyyy2

There's no smiley on this planet which could properly express what I feel when I'm looking at this pic Neutral

Loooovely! Shocked And awh, you're so cute. Hug

Rusty wrote:

I've been ill with flu (a very nasty bout of it, dammit)
I'm still not quite out of the woods yet, but yay on seeing this thread here I feel much better already Woot

btw I wonder who takes care of Ramy when he is ill. Rolling Eyes

Awhh, no! D: That sucks. I hope you get better quickly, and I'm glad I could be of (some small) service. Razz

And hahah, awhh. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Anysound wrote:

Eeee, no problem. ^_^ And wait, so what happened to the old thread? Don't tell me we never had one here? I'm sure we did! Shocked
A Ramy thread here? Blink No, there never was one on this forum
There is some Ramy stuff in the "What's going thru your head" thread, so perhaps you got confused Wink

It's kinda weird now I think of it... the original "What's going thru your head"** thread (I mean the one on the old forum) was full of Ramy too before I made the proper thread...
...so it looks like the history is repeating itself, heh

**may it rest in peace Rolling Eyes

Anysound wrote:
Ohhh, that's what it's all about! I was watching it and couldn't help but notice the distinct mother-child-family theme but it didn't even cross my mind it might be about Mother's Day; I feel so stupid. Razz But awh, that's so cute. ^_^ As are those photos!
Nooo, don't feel stupid, PLZ!!
Actually, it wasn't just the Mother's Day itself, the song/vid was part of a special campaign to honour the Olympic Games Champions' Mothers; I guess they're bracing themselves for the London Games hahah
I so hope they win something this year as well, the Egyptians I mean, if only for Rammeh's sake ;p

Anysound wrote:
You can really see the resemblance between him and his parents. Very Happy
I can't say that I do, heh ;p

But I can see an uncanny resemblance between him and somebody else (!!)
I don't know if its scary or adorable or... or what

Ramses II

Rammeh

tell me I'm not just seeing things Blink lol

Anysound wrote:
Loooovely! Shocked And awh, you're so cute. Hug
"Cute"? I guess you mean "totally fangirly and sickeningly soppy" Wink
But thanks anyway Wink Hug

Anysound wrote:
Awhh, no! D: That sucks. I hope you get better quickly, and I'm glad I could be of (some small) service. Razz
Thanks ^_^

"small"? "small"??! That's the understatement of the century! lol
This place feels like home again thanks to this thread, hellZ yeah. Woot

Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:12 am

Rusty wrote:

A Ramy thread here? Blink No, there never was one on this forum
There is some Ramy stuff in the "What's going thru your head" thread, so perhaps you got confused Wink

It's kinda weird now I think of it... the original "What's going thru your head"** thread (I mean the one on the old forum) was full of Ramy too before I made the proper thread...
...so it looks like the history is repeating itself, heh

**may it rest in peace Rolling Eyes

I think I might be insane because I could have sworn we had one! Neutral I was trying to find a conversation we had about Ramy but I couldn't find it in the "What's going thru your head..." thread and I used the search tool and everything, so I just assumed it had been deleted. I guess it must've been on the old forum. Shocked

Hah, I didn't even realise. Very Happy And awh yeah, the old forum... Sad

Rusty wrote:

Nooo, don't feel stupid, PLZ!!
Actually, it wasn't just the Mother's Day itself, the song/vid was part of a special campaign to honour the Olympic Games Champions' Mothers; I guess they're bracing themselves for the London Games hahah
I so hope they win something this year as well, the Egyptians I mean, if only for Rammeh's sake ;p

Ohhh okay, that explains the sports theme, too. I just thought Egyptians were fond of their sport. :')
I'm excited for the London Olympic Games! Very Happy And yeah, I'll be rooting for Egypt for that reason too (unless Germany, Australia or Great Britain happen to be winning... Razz).

Rusty wrote:

I can't say that I do, heh ;p

But I can see an uncanny resemblance between him and somebody else (!!)
I don't know if its scary or adorable or... or what

Ramses II

Rammeh

tell me I'm not just seeing things Blink lol

Hahahh, yes! I do see it! :'D That's awesome. Razz And their names aren't exactly strikingly different, are they? Razz

Rusty wrote:

"Cute"? I guess you mean "totally fangirly and sickeningly soppy" Wink
But thanks anyway Wink Hug

Thanks ^_^

"small"? "small"??! That's the understatement of the century! lol
This place feels like home again thanks to this thread, hellZ yeah. Woot

Haha, awhh, no problem. ^_^ Hug
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Anysound wrote:

I think I might be insane because I could have sworn we had one! Neutral I was trying to find a conversation we had about Ramy but I couldn't find it in the "What's going thru your head..." thread and I used the search tool and everything, so I just assumed it had been deleted. I guess it must've been on the old forum. Shocked
I'm absolutely positive that we didn't have a Ramy thread here, and I would know lol
The funny thing is that whenever I came here I was thinking about it intensely, I mean, how empty this place was without it and stuff... I even vaguely considered making one but I didn't think it would make any sense... Ohh, it would to me of course, but perhaps not to, er... other people Fear

You going on about being so sure we had it here is kinda scary, you know Wink I think I'll start believing in thought projection :O

Anysound wrote:
Hah, I didn't even realise. Very Happy And awh yeah, the old forum... Sad
Yeah Sad

Anysound wrote:
Ohhh okay, that explains the sports theme, too. I just thought Egyptians were fond of their sport. :')
Oh, they are, especially football. Sometimes even too much. Remember that football game thing in Cairo the other day? (you know, that riot during which so many people died? God Almighty!!)

Anysound wrote:
I'm excited for the London Olympic Games! Very Happy
Somehow I'm not. I'm not a fan of such behemoth sports events, there's so much stuff going on at the same time, too much for my liking :S

Anysound wrote:
And yeah, I'll be rooting for Egypt for that reason too (unless Germany, Australia or Great Britain happen to be winning... Razz).
Haha thanks Very Happy

aaand on the Olympic note...

Ramy Gamal Ramyawfulsuit

unless my memory totally fails me, somebody was quite partial to suits in the old days Shifty

I still hate suits but omg THOSE EYES!! Love

btw why is "Egypt" written in French on that badge thingy behind him? Rolling Eyes

Anysound wrote:
Hahahh, yes! I do see it! :'D That's awesome. Razz And their names aren't exactly strikingly different, are they? Razz
No they aren't lol Scary, this whole thing lol

Anysound wrote:
Haha, awhh, no problem. ^_^ Hug
Hug
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:14 am

Rusty wrote:

I'm absolutely positive that we didn't have a Ramy thread here, and I would know lol
The funny thing is that whenever I came here I was thinking about it intensely, I mean, how empty this place was without it and stuff... I even vaguely considered making one but I didn't think it would make any sense... Ohh, it would to me of course, but perhaps not to, er... other people Fear

You going on about being so sure we had it here is kinda scary, you know Wink I think I'll start believing in thought projection :O

It's okay, I believe you. And I have no problem admitting I'm insane. Razz
And awwhh, that's cute, but you should've just made one! D: Who cares what the others would have thought, they can make threads on whatever they want, too. Razz

Haha okay, sorry, I'll stop. :')

Rusty wrote:

Oh, they are, especially football. Sometimes even too much. Remember that football game thing in Cairo the other day? (you know, that riot during which so many people died? God Almighty!!)

Somehow I'm not. I'm not a fan of such behemoth sports events, there's so much stuff going on at the same time, too much for my liking :S

Yeah, I remember that... Sad So sad.

And awh, oh well, each to their own. Very Happy Maybe I'm looking forward to it so much just because it's London... AND BECAUSE OF BLUR. cheers

Rusty wrote:
aaand on the Olympic note...

Ramy Gamal Ramyawfulsuit

unless my memory totally fails me, somebody was quite partial to suits in the old days Shifty

I still hate suits but omg THOSE EYES!! Love

btw why is "Egypt" written in French on that badge thingy behind him? Rolling Eyes

"Ramyawfulsuit" hahahah, awh. I mean: Evil or Very Mad HEY! Rude!

Haha, do you mean me? Because yeees, I love suits! Love And he looks adorable in it, though a bit sad, or is it just me? Neutral (Maybe it's just those expressive eyes?)

And hah, I didn't even notice. Where is the photo from? Maybe it was for a French channel/ TV show?

Rusty wrote:

No they aren't lol Scary, this whole thing lol

It's a conspiracy! Razz
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Anysound wrote:

It's okay, I believe you. And I have no problem admitting I'm insane. Razz
Heheh Wink Hug

Anysound wrote:
And awwhh, that's cute, but you should've just made one! D: Who cares what the others would have thought, they can make threads on whatever they want, too. Razz

Haha okay, sorry, I'll stop. :')
Ohhh... actually, I basically meant you Fear (don't kill me plz :S)
...Cos I wasn't sure if you still liked him the way you used to... :S
I didn't want to ram the thread down your throat as it were Fear
I'm soooo happy you made it, you have no idea!! Woot Hug

Anysound wrote:
And awh, oh well, each to their own. Very Happy Maybe I'm looking forward to it so much just because it's London... AND BECAUSE OF BLUR. cheers
Ahhaha OK then lol

Anysound wrote:
"Ramyawfulsuit" hahahah, awh. I mean: Evil or Very Mad HEY! Rude!
Fear

Anysound wrote:
Haha, do you mean me? Because yeees, I love suits! Love
Haha yes of course I did Very Happy

Anysound wrote:
And he looks adorable in it, though a bit sad, or is it just me? Neutral (Maybe it's just those expressive eyes?)
It's probably because his tie is too tight and he's slowly suffocating Razz
or/and
he's been prevented from flaunting his awful hairy chest, you know what he's like Wink

omg I'm so mean Neutral

OK, to atone for the above comment...

Ramy Gamal Shokranyaommi

He is... TALL. Neutral

Ramy Gamal RamyTie

I like him here, haha

Anysound wrote:
And hah, I didn't even notice. Where is the photo from? Maybe it was for a French channel/ TV show?
No, it was part of that shokran ya ommi campaign concert, apparently they interviewed him afterwards. Ah well, it doesn't matter lol
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Rusty wrote:

Ohhh... actually, I basically meant you Fear (don't kill me plz :S)
...Cos I wasn't sure if you still liked him the way you used to... :S
I didn't want to ram the thread down your throat as it were Fear
I'm soooo happy you made it, you have no idea!! Woot Hug

*Kills you* Just kidding. Razz
Awhh noo! Sad You're so sweet but no way, and even if I didn't, you should have made it anyway. Just because I don't have as much time as I used to to listen to more of his music doesn't mean I don't like him as much, you know?
And awhh, I'm glad. ^_^

Rusty wrote:

It's probably because his tie is too tight and he's slowly suffocating Razz
or/and
he's been prevented from flaunting his awful hairy chest, you know what he's like Wink

omg I'm so mean Neutral

Hahahah oh my god, I literally lol'd. Soo mean indeed! Evil or Very Mad But still, so funny. Razz

Rusty wrote:

OK, to atone for the above comment...

Ramy Gamal Shokranyaommi

He is... TALL. Neutral

Ramy Gamal RamyTie

I like him here, haha

Or maybe that lady is just short? Razz But wait, you wouldn't want him to be tall? Shocked How come?
Oh and is it just me, or do his LEGS LOOK ANOREXIC?! Like seriously, look how tiny his right calf in particular looks! Shocked

Rusty wrote:

No, it was part of that shokran ya ommi campaign concert, apparently they interviewed him afterwards. Ah well, it doesn't matter lol

Ohh okay, and heh, you're so in the know, so cute! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Anysound wrote:

*Kills you* Just kidding. Razz
Awhh noo! Sad You're so sweet but no way, and even if I didn't, you should have made it anyway. Just because I don't have as much time as I used to to listen to more of his music doesn't mean I don't like him as much, you know?
And awhh, I'm glad. ^_^
But... but... if you didn't what would be the point of making the thread?
Of course I'm perfectly capable of talking to myself, but that's another story Ramy Gamal Tongue0006

But hey, I'm SO HAPPY you still like him ^_______^

Anysound wrote:
Or maybe that lady is just short? Razz
Perhaps, but he is very tall, in all those pix he is almost always taller than everybody else lol
SEE?

and here lol

and here with his brother Ahmed

Anysound wrote:
But wait, you wouldn't want him to be tall? Shocked How come?
He's much too tall for my liking :S

Anysound wrote:
Oh and is it just me, or do his LEGS LOOK ANOREXIC?! Like seriously, look how tiny his right calf in particular looks! Shocked

His whole body looks just grotesquely distorted! I blame the suit. Fear
Though he is rather thin, I'll give you that ;p

Ramy Gamal RamyPortoSo5na4

He looks best in a casual shirt and jeans, yeah. Love

Anysound wrote:
Ohh okay, and heh, you're so in the know, so cute! ^_^
Haha I perfectly realize I'm just incurably obsessive and stuff. Drama
Ah well. ;p
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:03 am

Rusty wrote:

But... but... if you didn't what would be the point of making the thread?
Of course I'm perfectly capable of talking to myself, but that's another story Ramy Gamal Tongue0006

But hey, I'm SO HAPPY you still like him ^_______^

Wait, if I didn't what? :S
Hahah, awhh. Now you don't have to talk to yourself! Razz
Oh and eee, I'm glad. ^_^

Rusty wrote:

Perhaps, but he is very tall, in all those pix he is almost always taller than everybody else lol
SEE?

and here lol

and here with his brother Ahmed

He's much too tall for my liking :S

Oh wow, yeah, he is pretty tall! Unleeeess, all of those people are short! Okay, I'm kidding, obviously. Razz

And awhh, but it's not like he's a giant or anything. Neutral

Rusty wrote:

His whole body looks just grotesquely distorted! I blame the suit. Fear
Though he is rather thin, I'll give you that ;p

Ramy Gamal RamyPortoSo5na4

He looks best in a casual shirt and jeans, yeah. Love

Hahah, now you're just exaggerating! But yeah, he does look good in those clothes. Love

Rusty wrote:

Haha I perfectly realize I'm just incurably obsessive and stuff. Drama
Ah well. ;p

Fangirlism is renowned for its incurable nature. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Anysound wrote:

Wait, if I didn't what? :S
like him the way you used to
Anysound wrote:
... and even if I didn't, you should have made it anyway.
Cos I take it this is what you meant? Wink

Anysound wrote:
Hahah, awhh. Now you don't have to talk to yourself! Razz
Oh and eee, I'm glad. ^_^
Ramy Gamal Happy0169

Anysound wrote:
And awhh, but it's not like he's a giant or anything. Neutral
I sure hope not :S

Anysound wrote:
Hahah, now you're just exaggerating!

No I'm not. bounce bounce bounce

Anysound wrote:
But yeah, he does look good in those clothes. Love
Ramy Gamal Happy0169

Anysound wrote:
Oh great, now I'm stuck with him for the rest of my life, haha. Rolling Eyes
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh look what I've just found LOOOL
Ramy Gamal Ramywithdog3

tbh I intensely dislike chihuauas lol
But I guess I'll somehow force myself to like this one Rolling Eyes
btw It took me quite a while to notice the other dog lol
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:08 pm

Rusty wrote:

like him the way you used to

Cos I take it this is what you meant? Wink

Ohh okay. But wait, now I'm confused about your second comment. AHHH. Sorry, I'm an idiot. Mad

Rusty wrote:

I sure hope not :S

Imagine if all Egyptians were secretly giants/ the size of their famous statues hahah. Razz

Rusty wrote:

Anysound wrote:
Oh great, now I'm stuck with him for the rest of my life, haha. Rolling Eyes
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh, what a shame! Razz hehe.

Rusty wrote:

Oh look what I've just found LOOOL
Ramy Gamal Ramywithdog3

tbh I intensely dislike chihuauas lol
But I guess I'll somehow force myself to like this one Rolling Eyes
btw It took me quite a while to notice the other dog lol

Awhh, how come? Sad
And hahaha you won't believe this but the white dog is what I noticed first (besides Ramy Razz). I was skimming up the page to find your reply and breezed over the pic and I saw the white dog and as I only caught a glimpse of it, I was somehow sure it was a kid (baby goat). I did a double take and noticed it was a dog and I have to admit I was disappointed. :')
Anyway, cute picture nonetheless! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Anysound wrote:

Ohh okay. But wait, now I'm confused about your second comment.
OK, back to square one: ;p
You said: "...and even if I didn't, you should have made it anyway."
This "didn't" obviously meant "didn't like him the way I used to" (and this is what I referred to in my second comment, the one which confused you)

So I said: "But if you didn't* what would be the point of making the thread?"
*meaning didn't like him

I hope this cleared the matter up Wink

Anysound wrote:
AHHH. Sorry, I'm an idiot. Mad
lol Hug

Anysound wrote:
Imagine if all Egyptians were secretly giants/ the size of their famous statues hahah. Razz
Omg! lol Tall ppl make me quite uncomfortable :S
Dunno why, cos I'm quite tall myself, heh

btw It's a good thing those statues are the size they are, otherwise they would in all probability have ended up in the American/French/Italian etc. museums, like the rest of the ancient Egyptian artefacts. It's heartbreaking to read about the plunder and pillage perpetrated by those "archaeological" expeditions in the old days. Anything they were able to carry off, they did.
There are more museums with Egyptian stuff in America (or France, the UK and Italy for that matter) than there are in Egypt itself. Neutral
There's even some Egyptian stuff in Australia, in the Nicholls... I mean... Nicholson ;p Museum in Sydney.
And yes, we also have some bits and pieces Rolling Eyes

Anysound wrote:
Awhh, how come? Sad
Don't know really... I like big hairy dogs, like Alsatians Love
How do you explain why you like or dislike certain things anyway? You just do lol (or don't ;p)
Why do you like suits? Wink To me it's just incomprehensible, cos - correct me if I'm wrong** - men look definitely ungainly in them :S

**on second thoughts, don't correct me. Wink I know I'm right Razz

Anysound wrote:
And hahaha you won't believe this but the white dog is what I noticed first (besides Ramy Razz). I was skimming up the page to find your reply and breezed over the pic and I saw the white dog and as I only caught a glimpse of it, I was somehow sure it was a kid (baby goat). I did a double take and noticed it was a dog and I have to admit I was disappointed. :')
lol
a pet kid?! Ahhaha that's the darndest thing ever Wink
It's a miracle I noticed anything at all, cos when I come across a new pic of him I'm like aahhhh Ramy Gamal Happy0169 Love Ramy Gamal Happy0169 Love
I see only him and the rest is a blur Rolling Eyes (pun unintended Razz)

Anysound wrote:
Anyway, cute picture nonetheless! ^_^
Yeah Ramy Gamal Happy0169

Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:46 am

Rusty wrote:

OK, back to square one: ;p
You said: "...and even if I didn't, you should have made it anyway."
This "didn't" obviously meant "didn't like him the way I used to" (and this is what I referred to in my second comment, the one which confused you)

So I said: "But if you didn't* what would be the point of making the thread?"
*meaning didn't like him

I hope this cleared the matter up Wink

Ohhhh right! Then yes, that is what I meant. And yes, thank you, that helped a lot. *sigh* Where would I be without you? ^_^ Hug

Rusty wrote:

Omg! lol Tall ppl make me quite uncomfortable :S
Dunno why, cos I'm quite tall myself, heh

btw It's a good thing those statues are the size they are, otherwise they would in all probability have ended up in the American/French/Italian etc. museums, like the rest of the ancient Egyptian artefacts. It's heartbreaking to read about the plunder and pillage perpetrated by those "archaeological" expeditions in the old days. Anything they were able to carry off, they did.
There are more museums with Egyptian stuff in America (or France, the UK and Italy for that matter) than there are in Egypt itself. Neutral
There's even some Egyptian stuff in Australia, in the Nicholls... I mean... Nicholson ;p Museum in Sydney.
And yes, we also have some bits and pieces Rolling Eyes

Really? If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?
Also that's so funny because I'm reeeally short and I feel okay in the presence of tall people. Probably because my best friends are both 20cm taller than me. Rolling Eyes

And oh yeah, I know, it's so sad. I'm learning about Pompeii and Herculaneum atm and it's so sad, the exact same thing has happened there. The early "archaeologists" had zero respect for the items they were excavating. Before that, all digs were conducted by treasure hunters who took thousands of artefacts. Everything was about money, and I guess it's the same now.

Rusty wrote:

Don't know really... I like big hairy dogs, like Alsatians Love
How do you explain why you like or dislike certain things anyway? You just do lol (or don't ;p)
Why do you like suits? Wink To me it's just incomprehensible, cos - correct me if I'm wrong** - men look definitely ungainly in them :S

**on second thoughts, don't correct me. Wink I know I'm right Razz
You mean German Shepherds. Razz Click!
And hahah, okay, okay, I won't say anything else. Wink

Rusty wrote:

lol
a pet kid?! Ahhaha that's the darndest thing ever Wink
It's a miracle I noticed anything at all, cos when I come across a new pic of him I'm like aahhhh Ramy Gamal Happy0169 Love Ramy Gamal Happy0169 Love
I see only him and the rest is a blur Rolling Eyes (pun unintended Razz)

One of my best friends has a whole backyard of goats (and kids, every now and then), and someone down the street has a pet goat, too. Razz

Also hahahh, awhh. Cuuute. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Anysound wrote:

Ohhhh right! Then yes, that is what I meant. And yes, thank you, that helped a lot. *sigh* Where would I be without you? ^_^ Hug
Haha aww Hug

Anysound wrote:
Really? If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?
Not at all. I'm 1.70 exactly.

Anysound wrote:
Also that's so funny because I'm reeeally short and I feel okay in the presence of tall people. Probably because my best friends are both 20cm taller than me. Rolling Eyes
aww Ramy Gamal Happy0169

Anysound wrote:
And oh yeah, I know, it's so sad. I'm learning about Pompeii and Herculaneum atm and it's so sad, the exact same thing has happened there. The early "archaeologists" had zero respect for the items they were excavating. Before that, all digs were conducted by treasure hunters who took thousands of artefacts. Everything was about money, and I guess it's the same now.
Yeah, sad is the right word.
It's kinda funny though, cos most of the Egyptian tombs were raided and robbed in the ancient times, and somehow one doesn't feel as much outraged about that as one is about the later, let's say, 19th century expeditions.
Anyway, it's weird that the Egyptian authorities allowed them to carry off all that stuff. Neutral
But wait... Egypt was under the British rule then, so...yeah. Rolling Eyes
There are 27 museums in the US and the UK (15 and 12 respectively) housing Egyptian artefacts, as opposed to only 4 in Egypt itself, can you believe it? Neutral
Poor robbed Egypt Sad

Anysound wrote:
You mean German Shepherds. Razz
Razz
Anysound wrote:
Click!
LOL omg mean lol

Anysound wrote:
And hahah, okay, okay, I won't say anything else. Wink
Good Wink

Anysound wrote:
One of my best friends has a whole backyard of goats (and kids, every now and then), and someone down the street has a pet goat, too. Razz
Blink Do you think they'll all end up in a pot when the time comes? ;p

Can't imagine Ramy keeping a pet goat, no way lol
He seems to be a dog person, though he tends to like ugly dogs, the uglier the better Rolling Eyes
Remember this one? lol
(his name was Yassi ^_^)

Anysound wrote:
Also hahahh, awhh. Cuuute. ^_^
Is it? Haha thanks ;D

edit: Methinks this thread has healing properties. I feel like I've never been ill in my life Woot
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Rusty wrote:

Not at all. I'm 1.70 exactly.

You're like my two best friends' heights (though a tiny bit shorter). Very Happy

Rusty wrote:

Yeah, sad is the right word.
It's kinda funny though, cos most of the Egyptian tombs were raided and robbed in the ancient times, and somehow one doesn't feel as much outraged about that as one is about the later, let's say, 19th century expeditions.
Anyway, it's weird that the Egyptian authorities allowed them to carry off all that stuff. Neutral
But wait... Egypt was under the British rule then, so...yeah. Rolling Eyes
There are 27 museums in the US and the UK (15 and 12 respectively) housing Egyptian artefacts, as opposed to only 4 in Egypt itself, can you believe it? Neutral
Poor robbed Egypt Sad

Yeah, true. That's an interesting point. I guess it's because people reading history now look back at those people and think, "Well, they knew no better! Neutral " and the people of more recent times like, "They knew better! Evil or Very Mad "
Egypt was under British rule?! WHAT. When? Omg, I feel like I've just learnt the Earth is round, hahah. Neutral
And whoooa, no, I do not believe it. But simultaneously, I do. God, that is so sad. Sad

Rusty wrote:

LOL omg mean lol

Mean? How?! Razz

Rusty wrote:

Blink Do you think they'll all end up in a pot when the time comes? ;p

Whaaat? Shocked :S

Rusty wrote:

Can't imagine Ramy keeping a pet goat, no way lol
He seems to be a dog person, though he tends to like ugly dogs, the uglier the better Rolling Eyes
Remember this one? lol
(his name was Yassi ^_^)

Haha me neither. :')
And uuuhhhpp, looks like you'll never be able to marry Ramy and live with him happily ever after since you like different dogs to him. Neutral Then again, this Yassi fellow (cuuute name Love) is a big rather than small dog so that's good. Very Happy

Rusty wrote:

Is it? Haha thanks ;D

edit: Methinks this thread has healing properties. I feel like I've never been ill in my life Woot

Eeee! Very Happy That is awesome. So glad you're feeling better. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:53 am

Anysound wrote:

You're like my two best friends' heights (though a tiny bit shorter). Very Happy
Haha cool Very Happy

Anysound wrote:
Yeah, true. That's an interesting point. I guess it's because people reading history now look back at those people and think, "Well, they knew no better! Neutral " and the people of more recent times like, "They knew better! Evil or Very Mad "
Yeah...
It's funny the way history works though Blink
Just think of those old megalithic sites in Britain and how the Vikings plundered them when they invaded it in the 8th century, heh
The walls of Maes Howe (the Stone Age cairn which is older than the pyramids!!) are all defaced by the Viking graffiti and somehow you don't seem to mind (well, at least I don't, as I have a soft spot for them lol).
Just imagine, you go there and see those (kickass Very Happy) runic inscriptions saying: I was here – Thorgeir (or something in that vein lol)**
My point is, it's amazing to think that now those runes are themselves of an immense historical value lol

**the actual inscription mentions a guy named Hakon who "single-handed bore treasure from this howe" Rolling Eyes

Anysound wrote:
Egypt was under British rule?! WHAT. When? Omg, I feel like I've just learnt the Earth is round, hahah. Neutral

Well, perhaps "rule" is too strong a word, as Egypt was never a proper colony (like Libya or Algieria for example), but it was practically as good as. The 19th century a very turbulent time for Egypt cos Europan powers - especially France and Britain - vied for supremacy there (which Britain finally "won"). The British meddled in the Egyptian affairs something awful, although their historians would never put it in this way, no sir Rolling Eyes
The way you see historical events so depends on whether you learn about them through the eyes of the conquerors or the conquered...

Anysound wrote:
And whoooa, no, I do not believe it. But simultaneously, I do. God, that is so sad. Sad
To be fair, Egypt itself is not without blame. Guess what was the fate of certain ancient fortresses when they built the Aswan Dam. Yes, they are still there, under the water. Neutral
However, many priceless temples which otherwise would have shared their sad fate were saved thanks to the efforts of American/Italian/Spanish etc. egyptologists, but guess where they are now. Let me give you a hint: not in Egypt. Neutral

I'm probably boring you to death with all that stuff, sorry Fear

Anysound wrote:
Mean? How?! Razz
Well, that pic was kinda funny I admit, but on the other hand... somehow it was not quite right, ohh I can't explain it, it just made me vaguely uneasy... Perhaps I love them too much, those Alsatian Shepherds, I mean... Alsatian Germans. No, German Alsatians... oh heck, those big hairy things Razz Wink
Haha just ignore me, I'm sure the dog himself wouldn't mind the joke and its rather coarse nature Wink

Anysound wrote:
Whaaat? Shocked :S
Sorrrry, I was just, shall I say, kiddin'? Wink

Anysound wrote:
Haha me neither. :')
And uuuhhhpp, looks like you'll never be able to marry Ramy and live with him happily ever after since you like different dogs to him. Neutral
LOOL

Anysound wrote:
Then again, this Yassi fellow (cuuute name Love) is a big rather than small dog so that's good. Very Happy
Haha yeah, the name is soo feckin cute, but I suspect that he's dead Sad (this is what I gathered anyway).

Anysound wrote:
Eeee! Very Happy
I love it when you do this Very Happy

Anysound wrote:
That is awesome. So glad you're feeling better. ^_^
Thaaanks ^_^

Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:32 am

Rusty wrote:

Yeah...
It's funny the way history works though Blink
Just think of those old megalithic sites in Britain and how the Vikings plundered them when they invaded it in the 8th century, heh
The walls of Maes Howe (the Stone Age cairn which is older than the pyramids!!) are all defaced by the Viking graffiti and somehow you don't seem to mind (well, at least I don't, as I have a soft spot for them lol).
Just imagine, you go there and see those (kickass Very Happy) runic inscriptions saying: I was here – Thorgeir (or something in that vein lol)**
My point is, it's amazing to think that now those runes are themselves of an immense historical value lol

**the actual inscription mentions a guy named Hakon who "single-handed bore treasure from this howe" Rolling Eyes

*Didn't know about any of that Shocked * But yeah, that's awesome. Kind of off topic: there is some aweeesome (so funny! :'D) graffiti in Pompeii. I was reading my textbook and I couldn't stop laughing. Razz

Rusty wrote:

Well, perhaps "rule" is too strong a word, as Egypt was never a proper colony (like Libya or Algieria for example), but it was practically as good as. The 19th century a very turbulent time for Egypt cos Europan powers - especially France and Britain - vied for supremacy there (which Britain finally "won"). The British meddled in the Egyptian affairs something awful, although their historians would never put it in this way, no sir Rolling Eyes
The way you see historical events so depends on whether you learn about them through the eyes of the conquerors or the conquered...

If they didn't rule it, what did they do to gain supremacy over it? :S And why? What did they get out of it?

And hey, isn't there a saying about that, "History is written by the victors"?

Rusty wrote:

To be fair, Egypt itself is not without blame. Guess what was the fate of certain ancient fortresses when they built the Aswan Dam. Yes, they are still there, under the water. Neutral
However, many priceless temples which otherwise would have shared their sad fate were saved thanks to the efforts of American/Italian/Spanish etc. egyptologists, but guess where they are now. Let me give you a hint: not in Egypt. Neutral

I'm probably boring you to death with all that stuff, sorry Fear

Shocked My god, you know a lot about history. Respect! Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with nothing interesting to say. Neutral

And hahah, awh, that's okay. It's interesting. Very Happy

Rusty wrote:

Well, that pic was kinda funny I admit, but on the other hand... somehow it was not quite right, ohh I can't explain it, it just made me vaguely uneasy... Perhaps I love them too much, those Alsatian Shepherds, I mean... Alsatian Germans. No, German Alsatians... oh heck, those big hairy things Razz Wink
Haha just ignore me, I'm sure the dog himself wouldn't mind the joke and its rather coarse nature Wink

Haha, awhh, that's cute. I am not of your opinion, but I respect it. It's nice of you. Smile

Rusty wrote:

Haha yeah, the name is soo feckin cute, but I suspect that he's dead Sad (this is what I gathered anyway).

D: Awhh, why do you suspect that? Neutral

Rusty wrote:

I love it when you do this Very Happy

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Anysound wrote:

*Didn't know about any of that Shocked * But yeah, that's awesome. Kind of off topic: there is some aweeesome (so funny! :'D) graffiti in Pompeii. I was reading my textbook and I couldn't stop laughing. Razz
What does it say??? bounce

I've heard about a certain Pompeii graffiti which says: Festus hic fuituit cum Sodalibus (This is the spot where Festus made it with Sodalibus)
Fear

Anysound wrote:
If they didn't rule it, what did they do to gain supremacy over it? :S And why? What did they get out of it?
Their own perverted satisfaction?
It was all about the control** over the Suez Canal = a LOT of money Neutral
**which they achieved by means of dishonest deals, twisted diplomacy and general sneakiness Rolling Eyes

Anysound wrote:
And hey, isn't there a saying about that, "History is written by the victors"?
Yeah. Sad, innit.

Anysound wrote:
Shocked My god, you know a lot about history. Respect!
Thanks (:
I've been reading a lot about Egyptian history lately :S

I wonder if Ramy knows what where Poland is, ahhaha.

btw Now I'm reading a book about the everyday life in ancient Egypt Rolling Eyes and there's a chapter in it devoted to literature aaaand there's a mention there of a story entitled "A Tale of Neferkare and General Sisene". It's about pharaoh Neferkare (a fictional character) who disappeared from his palace every night and nobody had any clue where he went or what the heck he was up to. One of the courtiers decided to play detective and he discovered that the said pharaoh sneaked out of his residence under cover of the night to visit his commander-in-chief (he climbed a ladder to get into his room lol). He spent there four hours every night, returning to his palace at dawn.
Well, I won't make any comments as to the nature of that relationship, ha. Shifty
Niiiice, the way those ancient Egyptians entertained themselves Woot Fear

And omg how I would looove to get hold of that story bounce bounce bounce

Anysound wrote:
Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with nothing interesting to say. Neutral

Hey, it's NOT TRUE and you know it Hug

Anysound wrote:
And hahah, awh, that's okay. It's interesting. Very Happy
Really? Very Happy Aww, you're ever so nice Hug

Anysound wrote:

Haha, awhh, that's cute. I am not of your opinion, but I respect it. It's nice of you. Smile
thanks ^_^

Anysound wrote:
D: Awhh, why do you suspect that? Neutral

Because of Ahmed's comment which says Yassi I miss you so much
so I guess he's... gone Sad

Anysound wrote:
Embarassed
lol Very Happy Hug
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Rusty wrote:

What does it say??? bounce

I've heard about a certain Pompeii graffiti which says: Festus hic fuituit cum Sodalibus (This is the spot where Festus made it with Sodalibus)
Fear

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised! Razz

Oh and here you go Very Happy :
Ramy Gamal Tumblr_lzk7qcdvYC1qfp2sho1_r1_500

I hope you find it as hilarious (and sometimes lovely Love) as I do.
Rusty wrote:

Their own perverted satisfaction?
It was all about the control** over the Suez Canal = a LOT of money Neutral
**which they achieved by means of dishonest deals, twisted diplomacy and general sneakiness Rolling Eyes

Hahah, seems about right. Rolling Eyes
And ohh okay. I thought it'd be something to do with the monies (lol) but I didn't know what exactly.

Rusty wrote:

Yeah. Sad, innit.

Very. Neutral I once saw this really, really great satirical mini mockumentary on YouTube about the way history is recorded and reported (i.e. inaccurately) and it was so hilarious and thought-provoking but I haven't been able to find it since I first saw it. Mad

Rusty wrote:

Thanks (:
I've been reading a lot about Egyptian history lately :S

I wonder if Ramy knows what where Poland is, ahhaha.

Ohh, nice! Very Happy

And hahah awh, of course he would! ^_^

Rusty wrote:

btw Now I'm reading a book about the everyday life in ancient Egypt Rolling Eyes and there's a chapter in it devoted to literature aaaand there's a mention there of a story entitled "A Tale of Neferkare and General Sisene". It's about pharaoh Neferkare (a fictional character) who disappeared from his palace every night and nobody had any clue where he went or what the heck he was up to. One of the courtiers decided to play detective and he discovered that the said pharaoh sneaked out of his residence under cover of the night to visit his commander-in-chief (he climbed a ladder to get into his room lol). He spent there four hours every night, returning to his palace at dawn.
Well, I won't make any comments as to the nature of that relationship, ha. Shifty
Niiiice, the way those ancient Egyptians entertained themselves Woot Fear

And omg how I would looove to get hold of that story bounce bounce bounce

That's so cool - I always have hated how the everyday life of the ancient societies we study in school are so briefly skimmed over. We spend all this time on kings and pharaohs and royals and politics and blah blah blah but learn only the basics of everyday life for the plebs. I know there's only limited information and that those who ruled determined how life itself ran, but I don't know, I just find most the political stuff boring and would prefer to learn about normal people. It's kind of like... is it as if people in a couple thousand years were to dig up our old internet files and learn only about how Brangelina and the Queen lived? haha.

ANYWAY. Onto the topic at hand: Hahahah, oh Rusty. Rolling Eyes Ahhh, of course, of course you would like that story! Razz
But actually, that sounds pretty cool. Interesting to know that type of thing interested them back then. I wonder if it was as taboo then as it is now.
Also... Neferskare? Like a cross between Nefertiti and Smenkhkare! Very Happy
Rusty wrote:

Hey, it's NOT TRUE and you know it Hug

Really? Very Happy Aww, you're ever so nice Hug

It is, and I do know it. :')

And yes, of course! Very Happy And awh thanks. ^_^ Hug

Rusty wrote:

Because of Ahmed's comment which says Yassi I miss you so much
so I guess he's... gone Sad

Ohh, I see.... Neutral Poor puppy (and Ramy and Ahmed) Sad
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Anysound wrote:
Haha, I wouldn't be surprised! Razz

Oh and here you go Very Happy :
Ramy Gamal Tumblr_lzk7qcdvYC1qfp2sho1_r1_500

I hope you find it as hilarious (and sometimes lovely Love) as I do.
LOOOOL Priceless lol
Thanks for that Very Happy

Anysound wrote:
Very. Neutral I once saw this really, really great satirical mini mockumentary on YouTube about the way history is recorded and reported (i.e. inaccurately) and it was so hilarious and thought-provoking but I haven't been able to find it since I first saw it. Mad
If you happen to find it, will you post it plz? (:

Anysound wrote:
Ohh, nice! Very Happy

And hahah awh, of course he would! ^_^
Ramy Gamal Happy0169

Anysound wrote:
That's so cool - I always have hated how the everyday life of the ancient societies we study in school are so briefly skimmed over. We spend all this time on kings and pharaohs and royals and politics and blah blah blah but learn only the basics of everyday life for the plebs. I know there's only limited information and that those who ruled determined how life itself ran, but I don't know, I just find most the political stuff boring and would prefer to learn about normal people. It's kind of like... is it as if people in a couple thousand years were to dig up our old internet files and learn only about how Brangelina and the Queen lived? haha.
My thoughts exactly!!

Anysound wrote:
ANYWAY. Onto the topic at hand: Hahahah, oh Rusty. Rolling Eyes Ahhh, of course, of course you would like that story! Razz
Fear

Anysound wrote:
But actually, that sounds pretty cool. Interesting to know that type of thing interested them back then. I wonder if it was as taboo then as it is now.
I don't think it would have been, since they wrote so openly about it lol
(well, kind of openly ;p)
According to Guillemette Andreu (the author of that book I mentioned),
homosexuality in Egypt was "neither that uncommon nor was it really condemned" Woot

Anysound wrote:
Also... Neferskare? Like a cross between Nefertiti and Smenkhkare! Very Happy
Very Happy
but omfg I've just been reading about him (and the mystery Tomb 55)! Is this uncanny or what :O

Anysound wrote:
It is, and I do know it. :')
*sigh* is NOT!! What about this Pompeii graffiti, hmm? I'd say it's mighty interesting, ha. Very Happy

Anysound wrote:
And yes, of course! Very Happy And awh thanks. ^_^ Hug
Hug

Anysound wrote:
Ohh, I see.... Neutral Poor puppy (and Ramy and Ahmed) Sad
Yeah Sad
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:01 am

Rusty wrote:

LOOOOL Priceless lol
Thanks for that Very Happy

No problem. Glad you enjoyed it. Razz

Rusty wrote:

If you happen to find it, will you post it plz? (:

Of course. Very Happy But I doubt I will... I've been searching for it for a year or more now. Shocked WHY CAN'T I HAVE PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY?! haha.

Rusty wrote:

My thoughts exactly!!

Really? Yaay! cheers

Rusty wrote:

I don't think it would have been, since they wrote so openly about it lol
(well, kind of openly ;p)
According to Guillemette Andreu (the author of that book I mentioned),
homosexuality in Egypt was "neither that uncommon nor was it really condemned" Woot

True, and ohh, interesting! But hm... really makes you think: if civilisations as old as the ancient Egyptians were so accepting of this natural human behaviour, at which stage of human history did it become so "wrong"? I wonder if it has anything to do with this Jeso fellow? :')

Rusty wrote:

Very Happy
but omfg I've just been reading about him (and the mystery Tomb 55)! Is this uncanny or what :O

Wooow, yes! That's so cool. Very Happy

Rusty wrote:

*sigh* is NOT!! What about this Pompeii graffiti, hmm? I'd say it's mighty interesting, ha. Very Happy

Haha, I suppose so. Smile But that's only a small thing, and it's from my school textbook sooo... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Anysound wrote:

No problem. Glad you enjoyed it. Razz
Haha I sure did Very Happy

Anysound wrote:
Of course. Very Happy But I doubt I will... I've been searching for it for a year or more now. Shocked WHY CAN'T I HAVE PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY?! haha.
Aww, it doesn't matter, perhaps you'll come across it while looking for something totally different ;p Always happens, you know lol

Anysound wrote:
Really? Yaay! cheers
Yeah lol (I was even going to write something along those lines hahah)
Politics, rulers, wars, peace treaties, economic development... boooooriiiiiing Frustration

Anysound wrote:
True, and ohh, interesting! But hm... really makes you think: if civilisations as old as the ancient Egyptians were so accepting of this natural human behaviour, at which stage of human history did it become so "wrong"? I wonder if it has anything to do with this Jeso fellow? :')
"Jeso fellow" loooool
Anyway, I've been wondering about that myself, heh (but of course I would, wouldn't I Razz)
It's intriguing how this er, gay issue was viewed in different cultures...
For example in the Arab/Muslim world, which is (unjustly!) perceived as paranoidally intolerant and narrow-minded Rolling Eyes

One of the greatest Arab (Muslim) poets, Abu Nuwas (who flourished during the reign of the Abbasids [8/9th century A.D.]) was openly gay** and nobody seemed to mind lol (and he was not the only one Very Happy)
**as were his poems, needless to say Very Happy

Abu Nuwas and his poetry
just scroll down a bit to get to the best pieces Wink

(It says here that he was thrown "into prison for his drinking and his impertinent verse", but that was exactly what he ended up in jail for = the aforesaid "impertinence" towards the caliph haha, not the explicit gayness – is there such a word? lol - of his poems.)

And can you imagine a medieval European poet writing stuff like that without being drawn and quartered/ boiled alive in oil/ burned at the stake in consequence? lol

I die of love for him, perfect in every way,
Lost in the strains of wafting music.

Looove those lines ^_^

Just think... if he lived today and knew Ramy, ohhh.... what an inspiration he would be for him... his face, his voice, his music Love (I guess in this particular order ;p)

and talking of which, have you heard this song??
It's not new, but it's soooo lovely ^_^

Anysound wrote:
Haha, I suppose so. Smile But that's only a small thing, and it's from my school textbook sooo... Neutral
So what that it's from your texbook? It doesn't make it any less interesting lol
Cool textbook Very Happy
and stop being so self-deprecating plz!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:11 am

Rusty wrote:

Aww, it doesn't matter, perhaps you'll come across it while looking for something totally different ;p Always happens, you know lol

Hopefully! Very Happy That'd be good.

Rusty wrote:

Yeah lol (I was even going to write something along those lines hahah)
Politics, rulers, wars, peace treaties, economic development... boooooriiiiiing Frustration

Hahah, exactly! Very Happy I'm glad we're on the same wavelength.

Rusty wrote:

"Jeso fellow" loooool

I can't take the credit for that line, Carl Barron refers - in appropriate Australian manner - to Jesus as "Jeso" in one of his routines. Razz

Rusty wrote:

Anyway, I've been wondering about that myself, heh (but of course I would, wouldn't I Razz)
It's intriguing how this er, gay issue was viewed in different cultures...
For example in the Arab/Muslim world, which is (unjustly!) perceived as paranoidally intolerant and narrow-minded Rolling Eyes

One of the greatest Arab (Muslim) poets, Abu Nuwas (who flourished during the reign of the Abbasids [8/9th century A.D.]) was openly gay** and nobody seemed to mind lol (and he was not the only one Very Happy)
**as were his poems, needless to say Very Happy

Abu Nuwas and his poetry
just scroll down a bit to get to the best pieces Wink

(It says here that he was thrown "into prison for his drinking and his impertinent verse", but that was exactly what he ended up in jail for = the aforesaid "impertinence" towards the caliph haha, not the explicit gayness – is there such a word? lol - of his poems.)

Haha wow, that's so interesting. I have to admit I didn't expect art like that to come out of of the Arab world of all places, especially from that time. Thanks for opening my eyes. It's a shame the rest of the world didn't follow suit, huh? Razz

Rusty wrote:

And can you imagine a medieval European poet writing stuff like that without being drawn and quartered/ boiled alive in oil/ burned at the stake in consequence? lol

Hahah, nooo, definitely not. :') (Also ugh, what terrible punishments they had "back in the day".)

Rusty wrote:

I die of love for him, perfect in every way,
Lost in the strains of wafting music.

Looove those lines ^_^

Yeah, those made me go "awhhh". ^_^

Rusty wrote:

Just think... if he lived today and knew Ramy, ohhh.... what an inspiration he would be for him... his face, his voice, his music Love (I guess in this particular order ;p)

and talking of which, have you heard this song??
It's not new, but it's soooo lovely ^_^

His face?! hahah. I don't follow your logic sometimes but you sure do make me laugh.

Also nope I hadn't heard it before so thank you! Very Happy Very Happy Soo lovely indeed. Really beautiful. As usual, it's a shame I don't understand a world he's saying. :')

Rusty wrote:

So what that it's from your texbook? It doesn't make it any less interesting lol
Cool textbook Very Happy
and stop being so self-deprecating plz!! bounce

Hahah, okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'll stop. Maybe. Fear Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ramy Gamal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ramy Gamal
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum