The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bekkkka

Bekkkka

HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT Empty
PostSubject: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Have any great song suggestions?!
I am making a mix CD for a band I am seeing in May. I want to make them a CD they will love Smile Everybody on this forum obviously has amazing music preferences. Please just post the names of songs you really like/favorites.

Thank you, gracias, merci beaucoup, شكرا, obrigado, danke, dziękuję Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/merryandpippen
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Bekkkka wrote:
I am making a mix CD for a band I am seeing in May. I want to make them a CD they will love Smile Everybody on this forum obviously has amazing music preferences. Please just post the names of songs you really like/favorites.
Can't you just put there the songs that you yourself like? Wink (I suppose I would, me being so painfully selfish, haha ;p)

Anyway, here are some songs that I truly love (it's not my top 15 or anything, just a random collection)

15 Step – Radiohead
Grace – Jeff Buckley
Wish You Were Here – Incubus
Maps – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Columbo – The Verve
Sleep now in the fire – Rage Against the Machine
Cochise - Audioslave
Even Flow – Pearl Jam
Them Bones – Alice in Chains
Riders on the Storm - The Doors (I guess this one is my most fav song of all time, heh)
Grazed Knees - Snow Patrol
Free Fallin' - John Mayer (check out its live version)
Know Your Quarry – Biffy Clyro
Postcards from Far Away - Coldplay (it's an instrumental piece, so I'm not sure if it counts :S)
Panic Room – Riverside (Polish band Very Happy)

And, uhh... I just HAVE to
CLIIIICKY
Fear

Bekkkka wrote:
شكرا
afwan Very Happy

Bekkkka wrote:
dziękuję Very Happy
aww, nie ma za co Wink

and have fun with your band Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bekkkka

Bekkkka

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:23 am

Rusty wrote:
Bekkkka wrote:
Can't you just put there the songs that you yourself like? Wink (I suppose I would, me being so painfully selfish, haha ;p)

Anyway, here are some songs that I truly love (it's not my top 15 or anything, just a random collection)

15 Step – Radiohead
Grace – Jeff Buckley
Wish You Were Here – Incubus
Maps – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Columbo – The Verve
Sleep now in the fire – Rage Against the Machine
Cochise - Audioslave
Even Flow – Pearl Jam
Them Bones – Alice in Chains
Riders on the Storm - The Doors (I guess this one is my most fav song of all time, heh)
Grazed Knees - Snow Patrol
Free Fallin' - John Mayer (check out its live version)
Know Your Quarry – Biffy Clyro
Postcards from Far Away - Coldplay (it's an instrumental piece, so I'm not sure if it counts :S)
Panic Room – Riverside (Polish band Very Happy)

And, uhh... I just HAVE to
CLIIIICKY
Fear

Bekkkka wrote:
شكرا
afwan Very Happy

Bekkkka wrote:
dziękuję Very Happy
aww, nie ma za co Wink

and have fun with your band Very Happy
Woot
Thank you soooo soo much! I listened to a couple of these songs so far and they are perfect Very Happy
Wink Ramy was nice too! And thanks for the links!
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:53 am

Rusty wrote:

Grace – Jeff Buckley
Columbo – The Verve
Even Flow – Pearl Jam

cheers Yeaaah! ^_^

-

Awhh, Bekka, you are soo sweet. I don't think I'd be very much help at this, though. I don't know what type of music this band would like, and plus, you should trust your own taste! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Bekkkka

Bekkkka

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:50 am

Anysound wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Grace – Jeff Buckley
Columbo – The Verve
Even Flow – Pearl Jam

cheers Yeaaah! ^_^

-

Awhh, Bekka, you are soo sweet. I don't think I'd be very much help at this, though. I don't know what type of music this band would like, and plus, you should trust your own taste! Smile
Elena, I would love any of your suggestions Very Happy . I do trust my own taste, but considering this band (Kooks) shares the same taste, I wanted to add some variety. Verve/Blur/Spiritualized/BRMC songs are all welcome. Additionally, I love expanding my own musical horizons a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:13 am

Bekkkka wrote:

Elena, I would love any of your suggestions Very Happy . I do trust my own taste, but considering this band (Kooks) shares the same taste, I wanted to add some variety. Verve/Blur/Spiritualized/BRMC songs are all welcome. Additionally, I love expanding my own musical horizons a bit Smile

Awhh, okay, then. Smile

I'll give you a few for each of the artists you've stated and you chose if you like any. Very Happy

The Verve:

- All in the Mind
- On Your Own (acoustic)
- Appalachian Springs
- The Rolling People

Blur:

- Tender
- The Universal
- No Distance Left to Run
- Beetlebum

Spiritualized:

- Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
- Broken Heart
- Soul on Fire

BRMC:

- Ain't No Easy Way
- Rifles
- And I'm Aching
- All You Do Is Talk
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Anysound wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Grace – Jeff Buckley
Columbo – The Verve
Even Flow – Pearl Jam

cheers Yeaaah! ^_^
tee hee

Bekkkka wrote:

Woot
Thank you soooo soo much! I listened to a couple of these songs so far and they are perfect Very Happy
You're most welcome Very Happy

Oh yay, awesome! Which ones??? Woot

Bekkkka wrote:
Wink Ramy was nice too!
I OFFICIALLY LOVE YOU. Love Very Happy

Bekkkka wrote:
And thanks for the links!
No problemo Wink
Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:16 pm

Why exactly are you making The Kooks a mixtape? You realise there's pretty much a 99.99999% chance that they'll just bin it, right? Unless, of course, I am mistaken and you're good friends with Luke. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/stobieboy
Bekkkka

Bekkkka

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:39 am

omgwtf wrote:
Why exactly are you making The Kooks a mixtape? You realise there's pretty much a 99.99999% chance that they'll just bin it, right? Unless, of course, I am mistaken and you're good friends with Luke. scratch
Believe me, I totally realize the chances of them actually listening to it, but I did meet them last year/know them very well through interviews/etc. They are really sweet and love fan gifts + love being exposed to new music. I went to one of their shows last year and my experience felt sort of incomplete bc I didn't bring them anything. Idk, it's like a psychological thing, I dont want to show up empty-handed for a band that has done so much for me scratch Even if they don't give it a second glance, I personally believe my experience will be better. Sounds lame Embarassed Idk, I probably sound like an ignorant fangirl, but it's my decision Very Happy Music is the only thing that chills my anxiety.

Anyway, I like expanding my own musical horizons. Smile And I have never listened to a lot of these songs, which appear to be quite refreshing.

Last edited by Bekkkka on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bekkkka

Bekkkka

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:56 am

Rusty wrote:
Anysound wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Grace – Jeff Buckley
Columbo – The Verve
Even Flow – Pearl Jam

cheers Yeaaah! ^_^
tee hee

Bekkkka wrote:

Woot
You're most welcome Very Happy

Oh yay, awesome! Which ones??? Woot

Bekkkka wrote:
Wink Ramy was nice too!
I OFFICIALLY LOVE YOU. Love Very Happy

Bekkkka wrote:
And thanks for the links!
No problemo Wink
So far, I am really digging Jeff Buckley, The Verve, and Pearl Jam's song suggestions! And the Coldplay one is perfect; they love songs like that! cheers
And Ramy really grows on you! How'd you get into him?
Thanks again Very Happy And I wuv you, too Love
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Bekkkka wrote:

So far, I am really digging Jeff Buckley, The Verve, and Pearl Jam's song suggestions! And the Coldplay one is perfect; they love songs like that! cheers
Oh wow awesome! Very Happy

Bekkkka wrote:
He so does, doesn't he Woot

Haha it's a long story, but basically I got into that Arabic stuff thanks to my Arab friends (though Ramy himself is my very own discovery Very Happy)

Can I post some more Rammeh then? Fear

ella de

bahebak leh

3anne b3ed

e7na eftar2na

Ramy with Amr Diab

Bekkkka wrote:
Thanks again Very Happy
No problem (:

Bekkkka wrote:
And I wuv you, too Love
HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT Happy0169
Back to top Go down
braindead

braindead

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:49 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.www.com
Bekkkka

Bekkkka

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:18 am

braindead wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THszz1kaYzM

Smile
Wow, I have never listened to anything like that before! Cool! Thanks Very Happy

Rusty wrote:
Bekkkka wrote:

Oh wow awesome! Very Happy

Bekkkka wrote:
He so does, doesn't he Woot

Haha it's a long story, but basically I got into that Arabic stuff thanks to my Arab friends (though Ramy himself is my very own discovery Very Happy)

Can I post some more Rammeh then? Fear

ella de

bahebak leh

3anne b3ed

e7na eftar2na

Ramy with Amr Diab

Bekkkka wrote:
Thanks again Very Happy
No problem (:

Bekkkka wrote:
And I wuv you, too Love
HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT Happy0169
It's a really smooth and beautiful language. Relaxing and refreshing in a way?
His voice is beautiful Smile
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 1:09 am

Bekkkka wrote:

It's a really smooth and beautiful language. Relaxing and refreshing in a way?
Yeeeaah Very Happy
the Egyptian accent especially, it's absolutely lovely Love

Bekkkka wrote:
His voice is beautiful Smile
Hug

All Egyptians have fantastic voices, and Egyptian songs are just feckin amazing!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT   HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP! MIX CD SUGGESTIONS~~ SI VOUS PLAIT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: Off Topic :: Music-
Jump to: