HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Vines Art Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
goodbye



Posts : 196
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 72

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:43 pm

Kitty wrote:
Howl wrote:
This may sound rude and possibly presumptuous of me, but would it be terrible to include some kind of contact address in case Mr. Nicholls would like to respond in any way??? Even just an email address or something (I know he's not particularly keen on technology, but still). You know, not with an expectation to receive a reply, but giving him the means to do so if he chooses?

I thinking deciding between asking Craig to send a huge group letter or individual letters to everyone involved in the project. Thoughts?

I think it would be better a group letter, and maybe, just suggesting, in the end of the book or folder (written by computer) the address and names of each of us (in the order they are placed in the book or folder), in case he wants to answer.

Because a lot of letters (if a lot of people send things) will be exhausting to read. I don't know... Razz

uff, sorry, my English is bad.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Howl

avatar

Posts : 202
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Daydream Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:18 am

maleaballay wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Howl wrote:
This may sound rude and possibly presumptuous of me, but would it be terrible to include some kind of contact address in case Mr. Nicholls would like to respond in any way??? Even just an email address or something (I know he's not particularly keen on technology, but still). You know, not with an expectation to receive a reply, but giving him the means to do so if he chooses?

I thinking deciding between asking Craig to send a huge group letter or individual letters to everyone involved in the project. Thoughts?

I think it would be better a group letter, and maybe, just suggesting, in the end of the book or folder (written by computer) the address and names of each of us (in the order they are placed in the book or folder), in case he wants to answer.

Well, that's the sort of thing I meant. If he is particularly touched by a specific piece and wants to respond to that person individually, I think it would be nice to give him the means to do so - obviously with none of us EXPECTING anything. I just know that if I was getting sent a bunch of awesome stuff by fans, I'd at least want to know how I could thank them (if I so chose).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:52 am

Howl wrote:
maleaballay wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Howl wrote:
This may sound rude and possibly presumptuous of me, but would it be terrible to include some kind of contact address in case Mr. Nicholls would like to respond in any way??? Even just an email address or something (I know he's not particularly keen on technology, but still). You know, not with an expectation to receive a reply, but giving him the means to do so if he chooses?

I thinking deciding between asking Craig to send a huge group letter or individual letters to everyone involved in the project. Thoughts?

I think it would be better a group letter, and maybe, just suggesting, in the end of the book or folder (written by computer) the address and names of each of us (in the order they are placed in the book or folder), in case he wants to answer.

Well, that's the sort of thing I meant. If he is particularly touched by a specific piece and wants to respond to that person individually, I think it would be nice to give him the means to do so - obviously with none of us EXPECTING anything. I just know that if I was getting sent a bunch of awesome stuff by fans, I'd at least want to know how I could thank them (if I so chose).

That's what I was thinking.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
ChristineKey

avatar

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-10-25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:08 am

Kitty wrote:
Howl wrote:
This may sound rude and possibly presumptuous of me, but would it be terrible to include some kind of contact address in case Mr. Nicholls would like to respond in any way??? Even just an email address or something (I know he's not particularly keen on technology, but still). You know, not with an expectation to receive a reply, but giving him the means to do so if he chooses?

I thinking deciding between asking Craig to send a huge group letter or individual letters to everyone involved in the project. Thoughts?

I think your on to something Kitty, Group letter would still be FANtastic! <3 <3 <3

Christine
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/Novalie
braindead

avatar

Posts : 363
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : .

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:04 am

I remember this:

sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.www.com
MaryJane86

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2012-04-09
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:17 am

I like the group letter thing.

I'm almost done with my poem/story. I should be sending it out in a few days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ally Nicholls

avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 23
Location : Honduras

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:18 am

Kitty wrote:
Howl wrote:
This may sound rude and possibly presumptuous of me, but would it be terrible to include some kind of contact address in case Mr. Nicholls would like to respond in any way??? Even just an email address or something (I know he's not particularly keen on technology, but still). You know, not with an expectation to receive a reply, but giving him the means to do so if he chooses?

I thinking deciding between asking Craig to send a huge group letter or individual letters to everyone involved in the project. Thoughts?

I think it depends on him..Smile! but it would be great if he replied individually! it would be sooo meaningful!!Smile! but hes too busy or if theres alot of letters, i think that the group letter its ok!!Smile!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ally Nicholls

avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 23
Location : Honduras

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:30 am

BUT IT WOULD BE SO FRIGGIN GREAT! IF CRAIG REPLIED TO US INDIVIDUALLY!!!! so beautiful/meaningful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 23
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:23 am

Thinkhappythoughts67 wrote:

I'm finishing the letter but it's so hard to explain everything he means to me bounce

I know the feeling. Sad I don't even know where to begin. I don't want to sound totally creepy but I want him to know how much his music means to me, and how amazing I think it is that so many fans, including myself, share so much of his taste in music, even before knowing which bands he likes (i.e. THE VERVE... but is that really weird to include?). Also, I feel like writing a letter simply isn't enough. I want to do something more, but my artistic talent is limited...

braindead wrote:
I remember this:

sorry.

Hahah, yes! Razz

_________________


Last.fm | Tumblr | Fuck Yeah The Verve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Thinkhappythoughts67

avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Anysound wrote:


I know the feeling. Sad I don't even know where to begin. I don't want to sound totally creepy but I want him to know how much his music means to me, and how amazing I think it is that so many fans, including myself, share so much of his taste in music, even before knowing which bands he likes (i.e. THE VERVE... but is that really weird to include?). Also, I feel like writing a letter simply isn't enough. I want to do something more, but my artistic talent is limited...


Yeah i know, it's so hard! I've already finished it but i had to make a few sketches before being satisfied, but still i feel i didn't express myself well, anyway i had to control myself to not include things that would have sounded creepy Razz
Oh I'm sure he's gonna appreciate it, he knows we love him Love Maybe you could do a few drawings, i thought i couldn't do anything and I've ended up doing 3 drawings and they're better than i expected, or you could try with a gift...maybe sth like this?
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReZktQHNhyh55_YivbPHNGiaouoDbnigA_7G57VOyc-99rQMk9

No, jk
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thinkhappythoughts67.tumblr.com
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 23
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:53 am

Thinkhappythoughts67 wrote:

Yeah i know, it's so hard! I've already finished it but i had to make a few sketches before being satisfied, but still i feel i didn't express myself well, anyway i had to control myself to not include things that would have sounded creepy Razz
Oh I'm sure he's gonna appreciate it, he knows we love him Love Maybe you could do a few drawings, i thought i couldn't do anything and I've ended up doing 3 drawings and they're better than i expected,

I'm sure they're great. Smile And yeah, I think I'll have to restrain myself slightly, too, haha.
Definitely, you can tell from the letter he wrote to Malena that he really appreciates it. I'll think of something... hopefully. Razz

Thinkhappythoughts67 wrote:

or you could try with a gift...maybe sth like this?
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReZktQHNhyh55_YivbPHNGiaouoDbnigA_7G57VOyc-99rQMk9

No, jk

Hahah! Yeah, there's an idea! Just kidding. Thanks for the laugh. Razz

_________________


Last.fm | Tumblr | Fuck Yeah The Verve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:11 pm

braindead wrote:
I remember this:

sorry.

I can imagine Craig writing "Dear Kitty. Thanks for the fab painting of Yours Truly. I hung it on me wall."

At least he'll reply quicker than Ringo. Ringo stopped replying to fan mail a couple of years ago.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 20
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Kitty wrote:
At least he'll reply quicker than Ringo. Ringo stopped replying to fan mail a couple of years ago.

All those kids that'll never get to talk to Thomas The Tank Engine's narrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Thinkhappythoughts67

avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:45 pm

Anysound wrote:

I'm sure they're great. Smile And yeah, I think I'll have to restrain myself slightly, too, haha.
Definitely, you can tell from the letter he wrote to Malena that he really appreciates it. I'll think of something... hopefully. Razz

Oh Thanks and good luck with that Wink

Anysound wrote:


Hahah! Yeah, there's an idea! Just kidding. Thanks for the laugh. Razz

Hahahha no problem Razz

Kitty wrote:

I can imagine Craig writing "Dear Kitty. Thanks for the fab painting of Yours Truly. I hung it on me wall."

At least he'll reply quicker than Ringo. Ringo stopped replying to fan mail a couple of years ago.

KITTY, I sent you a PM and an inbox on fb, I'm afraid the question is stupid but i need to be sure Exclamation bounce Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thinkhappythoughts67.tumblr.com
MaryJane86

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2012-04-09
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Sending out my story today.
Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:55 am

Maria Jose, I received your letter today.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Thinkhappythoughts67

avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:39 pm

I sent it! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thinkhappythoughts67.tumblr.com
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:47 am

Thinkhappythoughts67 wrote:
I sent it! bounce bounce bounce

Yaaaaaaaaay cheers

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Maria Jose

avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 38
Location : Buenos Aires,Argentina

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:43 am

braindead wrote:
I remember this:

sorry.
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria Jose

avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 38
Location : Buenos Aires,Argentina

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:44 am

Kitty wrote:
Maria Jose, I received your letter today.
Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot
AMAZING! Hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lydier

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 21
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 am

Hmmm... I did 3 drawings. Now to the hard part for me is writing the letter....... This is going to be quite impossible..... I'll try my best to send it out sometime this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:41 pm

I received another package today and have to pick up another one tomorrow. Who sent me the 'Secret Garden' poem?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Eozeoz

avatar

Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 26
Location : Hellgium

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Finally I did a painting and it's way much bigger than planned, so I'll send it straight to the management address!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.eriotciv.com
Mrs_Elise

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2012-07-13
Age : 30
Location : British Columbia

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:36 am

this is such a neat idea! I remember I took place in doing one of these sooo many years ago Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:27 am

Mrs_Elise wrote:
this is such a neat idea! I remember I took place in doing one of these sooo many years ago Smile

Want to contribute? There's still time to make something.

Also Florencia, I've received your parcel today.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Vines Art Project   

Back to top Go down
 
The Vines Art Project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» pumpkin vines
» Project gone bad !!!
» Pumpkin vines/plants are HUGE! - HELP!
» Seeds of Change Sowing Millions Project $4.99/25 packets
» Mara Predator Project

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: The Vines :: General Discussion-
Jump to: