The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old fan, new to the forum.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jillian Lee

Jillian Lee

Old fan, new to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Old fan, new to the forum.   Old fan, new to the forum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Last edited by Jillian Lee on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Old fan, new to the forum.   Old fan, new to the forum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 pm

I guess I'll be the first one to say hello, so yeah, welcome to the forum, Jillian. You're the same age as I am and I can totally relate to spending my teenage years listening to The Vines. Just for the record, if you're not that familiar with their album Melodia, I'd highly recommend that you check it out, it's fantastic. I'd genuinely consider it to be their best album, but HE and WD are also genius. It's a tough one.

Anyway, what's your favourite song from The Vines? Out of curiousity, who was the other band that made you feel the way The Vines did?
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/stobieboy
Jillian Lee

Jillian Lee

PostSubject: Re: Old fan, new to the forum.   Old fan, new to the forum. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:40 am

Last edited by Jillian Lee on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Old fan, new to the forum.   Old fan, new to the forum. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 5:35 am

To be fair, there's not that many people who post here, so you probably won't get a lot of replies (if any). Either way, it's always nice to meet other Vines' fans. If you do get around to checking out Melodia, let us know what you thought of it. I personally don't like Future Primitive, so I can't really comment on that album. It's easily the weakest album out of them all.

Anyway, you're right in that it is hard to choose a favourite Vines' song, but I'd probably go with Homesick, if I had to pick. I also love True as the Night, Animal Machine and In The Jungle. If you take away their last album, they haven't released anything I haven't liked. Like you though, I don't listen to them as often as I used to these days.

Also, another one of my favourite bands is Youth Group and I wouldn't have ever known about them had it not been for The Vines, so there's another thing I'm grateful to them for. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/stobieboy
Jillian Lee

Jillian Lee

PostSubject: Re: Old fan, new to the forum.   Old fan, new to the forum. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:18 am

Last edited by Jillian Lee on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Old fan, new to the forum.   Old fan, new to the forum. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:30 am

Hey there, Jillian, I'm sorry I wasn't around earlier to say this: Welcome! Very Happy

That's so awesome how big of a fan you were and it's even cooler you've recently felt those feelings again. I can totally relate. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old fan, new to the forum.   Old fan, new to the forum. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old fan, new to the forum.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: Off Topic :: Completely Off Topic-
Jump to: