The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New record! NO NO Two new records

Go down 
+22
braindead
borgy
Livbeke
Ally Nicholls
Lloyd55555
Suzy
fender101
thelivingvines
Mrs_Elise
Howl
Anysound
Vinesfan02
Maria Jose
on_safari
(((A Name)))
Koala Owl
Bwadi
Kitty
Lydier
anaobrad
Thinkhappythoughts67
goodbye
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
goodbye

New record! NO NO Two new records Empty
PostSubject: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:30 am

Craig is recording songs for a new album, but not a The Vines album,
maybe a "solo album"?
I don't know.
And after that, he will start recording a The vines album that would be coming out next year. Smile

So, great news!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Thinkhappythoughts67

Thinkhappythoughts67

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:50 am

Where did you get that information!? OMG
Back to top Go down
http://thinkhappythoughts67.tumblr.com
anaobrad

anaobrad

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:16 am

maleaballay wrote:
Craig is recording songs for a new album, but not a The Vines album,
maybe a "solo album"?
I don't know.
And after that, he will start recording a The vines album that would be coming out next year. Smile

So, great news!!! cheers cheers

Shocked Shocked What a Face where did you hear this!?!?!
Back to top Go down
http://the-vines.tumblr.com
Lydier

Lydier

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 5:24 am

SWWEEEETTT! I live for Craig's music. Smile
next year seems like eternity but I can't wait!!!!!!!! all i've heard about it before was that it'd have epic ballads on it.......which indicates some amazingness we are in store for. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:37 am

New record! NO NO Two new records LXIyZ
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 am

YESYESYESYESYES Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 5:52 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Look at that letter he wrote to you affraid farao king

This amazing news, freaking amazing news! bounce

Back to top Go down
anaobrad

anaobrad

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Kitty wrote:

oh my gosh that is the loveliest thing, I'm so happy for you malena, your art was amazing!!
Back to top Go down
http://the-vines.tumblr.com
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:01 pm

anaobrad wrote:
Kitty wrote:

oh my gosh that is the loveliest thing, I'm so happy for you malena, your art was amazing!!

Yes!, yesterday was the happiest day of my life, I know that sounds silly, but I didn't have children yet and I didn't fall in love yet, so that letter from Craig is by far the best thing that happened in my life! ♥️ drunken
Back to top Go down
Thinkhappythoughts67

Thinkhappythoughts67

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:25 pm

maleaballay wrote:
anaobrad wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Yes!, yesterday was the happiest day of my life, I know that sounds silly, but I didn't have children yet and I didn't fall in love yet, so that letter from Craig is by far the best thing that happened in my life! ♥️ drunken

HAHAHAH OMFG I can't even imagine how you must be feeling right now!! I'm happy for you! Amazing news Woot I just kdfjdklajfkdsjfkldsjfkdjflskfdsl cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://thinkhappythoughts67.tumblr.com
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:26 am

Hey MALEABALLAY, how can I see Craig IV and the other portraits you made?

I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:42 am

You cane see them on "The Vines Fan Art" Malena's work is amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:13 am

Koala Owl wrote:
Hey MALEABALLAY, how can I see Craig IV and the other portraits you made?

I love you I love you I love you

I send him this and a postcard Razz :
New record! NO NO Two new records 319772_158230890976026_260725277_n

this is the one that he likes ♥️ (I think... XD)
New record! NO NO Two new records 283686_158230864309362_1700308689_n

I am so happy with the news! I can't wait for the new album and the the vines album next year!! Very Happy
This record it's going to be his first no-the vines album! Very Happy What do you think about the sound? I'm intrigued to know how it's going to be musically speaking. (sorry my bad English hahaha)
Back to top Go down
(((A Name)))

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Wow that's really awesome Very Happy
Thank you very much maleaballay for your work! cheers
I can't wait for the next albums bom
Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Wow, trippy artwork! Surprised

Quote :
Very Happy What do you think about the sound? I'm intrigued to know how it's going to be musically speaking. (sorry my bad English hahaha)

I think the no-Vines album will have slow songs (ballads, spacey rock) with lots of string arrangements and harmonies, possibly some lo-fi/demo songs as well? I hope bounce

The new The Vines will sound like classic Vines, short garage-rock songs played with a new drummer. What do you think?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
on_safari

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:01 pm

[

I think the no-Vines album will have slow songs (ballads, spacey rock) with lots of string arrangements and harmonies, possibly some lo-fi/demo songs as well? I hope bounce

The new The Vines will sound like classic Vines, short garage-rock songs played with a new drummer. What do you think?? Very Happy [/quote]

Ya I imagine that if Craig is doing anything not under the Vines name it'll probably be a fair bit different than the vines style. He's a great vocalist so probably some stuff that showcases that even more than the Vines. I could imagine him doing some stuff kinda like Richard Ashcroft or even that Blur song the Universal. Who knows!

As for the new Vines album, I really hope he writes some more progressive music than the last couple of albums. Not that I don't love them but on Winning Days and Highly Evolved and in the demos it seemed to me that he took more chances and experimented with tempo changes and things like that a lot more. And that psychedelic aspect of the Vines is one of my favourite aspects of them so I hope to hear more experimentation!!

I also kinda want him to bring back his chorus pedal.. fucking .. love ... when he plays a chorus pedal!
Back to top Go down
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Koala Owl wrote:
Wow, trippy artwork! Surprised

Quote :
Very Happy What do you think about the sound? I'm intrigued to know how it's going to be musically speaking. (sorry my bad English hahaha)

The new The Vines will sound like classic Vines, short garage-rock songs played with a new drummer. What do you think?? Very Happy

I hope so! That's sounds great! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maria Jose

Maria Jose

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:25 am

i need The Vines with all my heart! i'm waiting for the music!!!!!! affraid
everything he does i know for sure that it's gonna be perfect! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Vinesfan02

Vinesfan02

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:40 am

I hope he does studio versions of "From the Land" and "Down at the Club"
Back to top Go down
Lydier

Lydier

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:43 am

Vinesfan02 wrote:

That would be pretty sweet!
The slow songs would be aweeesssomme. Whenever Craig does a song that's longer than 5 minutes it's usually EPIC, take for example True as the Night, Spaceship, 1969.
Back to top Go down
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:47 am

Lydier wrote:
Vinesfan02 wrote:

The slow songs would be aweeesssomme. Whenever Craig does a song that's longer than 5 minutes it's usually EPIC, take for example True as the Night, Spaceship, 1969.

true!
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:45 am

maleaballay wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Vinesfan02 wrote:

true!

I think this album will have more techno effects in it like FP and stuff, it'll be a very layered kind of album because he loves his harmonies in singing. But hopefully he will have some heavy tracks, also with tracks like "TV Pro" and it's psychedelic effect would be great too on his new album.

So many different ways it could go
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:39 am

anaobrad wrote:

+1 Malena, I'm so so so happy for you! You deserve this perfect piece of Craig's lovely mind so much. You are such a dedicated fan and those artworks you spent so long on and put so much of your heart into are amazing.

maleaballay wrote:

Awh, no way does that sound silly. If I were in your position and I fell in love and had kids, I'd still argue this would be the best moment of my life. Razz Hmm... okay, maybe not... but still, I can't imagine how you must feel. This is so awesome. Very Happy

Oh and of course: AMAZING NEWS. So exciting. I was so worried we'd never hear anything of The Vines or Craig again (Sad) but this really reassured me. I have no idea what to expect but I'm really looking forward to finding out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:33 pm

Anysound wrote:
anaobrad wrote:

+1 Malena, I'm so so so happy for you! You deserve this perfect piece of Craig's lovely mind so much. You are such a dedicated fan and those artworks you spent so long on and put so much of your heart into are amazing.

maleaballay wrote:

Awh, no way does that sound silly. If I were in your position and I fell in love and had kids, I'd still argue this would be the best moment of my life. Razz Hmm... okay, maybe not... but still, I can't imagine how you must feel. This is so awesome. Very Happy

Oh and of course: AMAZING NEWS. So exciting. I was so worried we'd never hear anything of The Vines or Craig again (Sad) but this really reassured me. I have no idea what to expect but I'm really looking forward to finding out.

THANK YOUUUU ANYSOUND! Love your words.

I tell you, I know Blur fans and Gorillaz fans very very well (since 2001) and all of them are awesome and cool and I have so many friends thanks to Damon Albarn, but the The Vines fans have some tender and love, some sweetness and companionship... I don't know, so friendly and welcoming; so I think everyone here deserve something like that letter. Maybe the The vines fans are like that because Craig is sweet and friendly.

I am not saying that Damon Albarn isn't sweet, he is lovely!!, but Craig is sooo special ♥️
Back to top Go down
Howl

Howl

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:03 am

Lydier wrote:
Vinesfan02 wrote:

I totally agree that the longer, psychedelic opuses demonstrate Craig's true songwriting talents better than most of his other pieces, but I really can't imagine him going back to that. There wasn't a single song even slightly of that style on Future Primitive. Plus, he has said in interviews that he likes the short, punchy, under-two-minutes-in-length rock songs of the '50s and '60s, and that's the kind of stuff he wants to make. I'm not saying there's no room for him to change what he's doing, or anything. I just personally think that we've got more chance of seeing him do that same stuff (or something completely different), but I doubt we'll hear much like 1969 again. Still, it's not going to stop me from hoping with all me heart! When he does it, he does it so right!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New record! NO NO Two new records
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: The Vines :: News-
Jump to: