Share | 

Craig got arrested

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
thelivingvines

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:51 pm

Hilton wrote:
Admin people, can you put a block to this post. Getting stupid, when people don't have clue what is happening or talking about.

I am hoping it just the AS outburst and he will have to recover and learn how to deal with it, so nothing like this happening again.

Then continue to write good music, if he's up for it.

Fingers crossed.

I get so frustrated when people request for a thread to be blocked or people to be banned just because they don't like what is being said. Running away from issues is no way to address matters.

It's a shame that none of you in Sydney went down to the Court to support Craig. At least we would have a more official account than what has been said in the press.

It's a terrible turn of events and I am very saddened to hear what has happened. There is very little that can be said with any certainty. What we can say is that everyone who has met Craig acknowledges what a nice bloke he seems to be, and for him to have carried out these alleged acts makes it clearly apparent that there is something more sinister going on here.

I'm sure not one of us condones what Craig has done: mental illness or not, domestic violence is of course horrendous. Craig is clearly in need of psychological help and I hope he seeks the help he needs and listens to the advice he is given.

There is nothing we can do but wait, but I wouldn't hold your breath because I think it will be a very long time before we hear any music by Craig again if ever.

Sad times indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PurpleLeaves

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:23 am

^ thelivingvines...i totally agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freak

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:22 pm

thelivingvines wrote:

I get so frustrated when people request for a thread to be blocked or people to be banned just because they don't like what is being said. Running away from issues is no way to address matters.

It's a shame that none of you in Sydney went down to the Court to support Craig. At least we would have a more official account than what has been said in the press.

It's a terrible turn of events and I am very saddened to hear what has happened. There is very little that can be said with any certainty. What we can say is that everyone who has met Craig acknowledges what a nice bloke he seems to be, and for him to have carried out these alleged acts makes it clearly apparent that there is something more sinister going on here.

I'm sure not one of us condones what Craig has done: mental illness or not, domestic violence is of course horrendous. Craig is clearly in need of psychological help and I hope he seeks the help he needs and listens to the advice he is given.

There is nothing we can do but wait, but I wouldn't hold your breath because I think it will be a very long time before we hear any music by Craig again if ever.

Sad times indeed.

I couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:21 am

I've been feeling sick the past couple of days from thinking about this. I hope he doesn't end up becoming some outcast in society.

I wonder if there will be updates on how he's going.

Last edited by Kitty on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Lydier

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:22 am

Kitty wrote:
I've been feeling sick the past couple of days from thinking about this. I hope he doesn't ruin his life.

I know the feeling. :/ Hopefully things will sort themselves out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:26 am

Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
I've been feeling sick the past couple of days from thinking about this. I hope he doesn't ruin his life.

I'm imagining how lonely he is right now, bandmates leaving him, not having contact with his family members etc. I wonder if he's still with Parker & Mr French.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 am

Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:

I'm imagining how lonely he is right now, bandmates leaving him, not having contact with his family members etc. I wonder if he's still with Parker & Mr French.

I've been imagining how scared he must be right now - not knowing what's going to happen next. This changes everything, and if he were to be "arrested", how would he live without the comforts of music? It's a very sad story indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:34 am

Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:

I've been imagining how scared he must be right now - not knowing what's going to happen next. This changes everything, and if he were to be "arrested", how would he live without the comforts of music? It's a very sad story indeed.

What if he goes to jail? He would probably be harassed by other inmates, struggling to recover to get back to life when he gets out and how it will affect his career.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:38 am

Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:

What if he goes to jail? He would probably be harassed by other inmates, struggling to recover to get back to life when he gets out and how it will affect his career.

It would definitely change him as a person. If he emerged as an angry and bitter person - someone we don't associate with his personality now., I would be extremely, extremely, sad. And yes one of my major concerns is what happens now with his music? Will we ever hear from him again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:44 am

Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:

It would definitely change him as a person. If he emerged as an angry and bitter person - someone we don't associate with his personality now., I would be extremely, extremely, sad. And yes one of my major concerns is what happens now with his music? Will we ever hear from him again?

My biggest fear is that he will either kill himself, end up homeless or end up permanently in a psychiatric ward. And then people who didn't like him would end up pitying him or hate him even more.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:57 am

Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:

My biggest fear is that he will either kill himself, end up homeless or end up permanently in a psychiatric ward. And then people who didn't like him would end up pitying him or hate him even more.

The killing himself has never been a serious concern for me so far; it seems very radical. But if that were to happen, it would be like losing a part of me. Like a part of my identity just died. Sorry for making a Cobain reference, but my 6th grade English teacher idolized Kurt and when he died, he took it really really hard. It would be just like that. As far as ending up homeless goes, Craig doesn't seem like the type that would be very good at taking care of himself, his health, etc. I have thought about the possibility of a psychiatric ward and that would be equally devastating as jail. I hate how this event has come to define him as a person, and many people who hated him before will just have more reason to justify how he's "crazy", "insane" or whatever. That kills me most, because I don't see him like that - and people judge very very easily. Even back then in 2002 when he became famous, Craig got so much shit from the media, people, etc. I just hope that people can be sympathetic and understanding. I don't think Craig every wanted or meant to harm anyone. All he wanted to do was "create music" and art and beauty, and that was the most pure message he could deliver, "that he had no message" - and that has resonated most with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:21 am

Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:

The killing himself has never been a serious concern for me so far; it seems very radical. But if that were to happen, it would be like losing a part of me. Like a part of my identity just died. Sorry for making a Cobain reference, but my 6th grade English teacher idolized Kurt and when he died, he took it really really hard. It would be just like that. As far as ending up homeless goes, Craig doesn't seem like the type that would be very good at taking care of himself, his health, etc. I have thought about the possibility of a psychiatric ward and that would be equally devastating as jail. I hate how this event has come to define him as a person, and many people who hated him before will just have more reason to justify how he's "crazy", "insane" or whatever. That kills me most, because I don't see him like that - and people judge very very easily. Even back then in 2002 when he became famous, Craig got so much shit from the media, people, etc. I just hope that people can be sympathetic and understanding. I don't think Craig every wanted or meant to harm anyone. All he wanted to do was "create music" and art and beauty, and that was the most pure message he could deliver, "that he had no message" - and that has resonated most with me.

Another thing is, I don't know if I can still like him since I was a survivor of domestic violence during my childhood and wouldn't like someone who would commit such violent acts.

I was physically, emotionally, psychologically and sexually abused by my mother's ex-partner when I was growing up. He was controlling, sociopathic, an alcoholic, didn't let my mother go do social things by herself while he would go to the local pub and get drunk as much as he likes, the way he didn't like her spending money on certain things while he spent money on as much alcohol as possible, making me do household chores straight after school while my mum was at work and he was at home doing nothing and would punish me by hitting and verbally abusing me if I did the slightest thing wrong. He also favored my half-brother (his biological son) over me and got away with everything while I was the scapegoat. There was also the added bonus of me having Aspergers Syndrome so he was very impatient with my condition.

My father tried to get full custody of me and my younger full-sister from my mum and my abuser but it failed. I saw my dad and my abuser get into a punch up when he dropped us off from a custody visit while my abuser got home from the local pub drunk right in front of us and our neighbours. I've seen my mother being beaten up a few times right in front of me, strangled and thrown down the stairs. Eventually, the police were called one night and arrested him after a violent struggle and was kicked out of the house, but he kept on coming back, stalking and intimidating her before getting an AVO out against him and was sentenced to prison for several months. Then my mum went into a custody battle with him over my half-brother as he wouldn't let her see him for a couple of months but he was awarded full-time custody of my brother and we only see him every fortnight.

I don't like being around my half-brother a lot because it reminds me of my abuser, and he is very spoiled by him. I don't go my brother's events such as football games or recitals because I know that my abuser will be there. I've been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and several Borderline Personality traits from it, been admitted to hospital several times for suicidal thoughts, self-harming and nervous breakdowns and I see a psychologist on a regular basis and am on anti-depressants so I can cope with everyday life, but I still have episodes of depression from time to time. This is how much of an impact domestic violence had on me.

Sorry for the derail.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 am

Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Another thing is, I don't know if I can still like him since I was a survivor of domestic violence during my childhood and wouldn't like someone who would commit such violent acts.

I was physically, emotionally, psychologically and sexually abused by my mother's ex-partner when I was growing up. He was controlling, sociopathic, an alcoholic, didn't let my mother go do social things by herself while he would go to the local pub and get drunk as much as he likes, the way he didn't like her spending money on certain things while he spent money on as much alcohol as possible, making me do household chores straight after school while my mum was at work and he was at home doing nothing and would punish me by hitting and verbally abusing me if I did the slightest thing wrong. He also favored my half-brother (his biological son) over me and got away with everything while I was the scapegoat. There was also the added bonus of me having Aspergers Syndrome so he was very impatient with my condition.

My father tried to get full custody of me and my younger full-sister from my mum and my abuser but it failed. I saw my dad and my abuser get into a punch up when he dropped us off from a custody visit while my abuser got home from the local pub drunk right in front of us and our neighbours. I've seen my mother being beaten up a few times right in front of me, strangled and thrown down the stairs. Eventually, the police were called one night and arrested him after a violent struggle and was kicked out of the house, but he kept on coming back, stalking and intimidating her before getting an AVO out against him and was sentenced to prison for several months. Then my mum went into a custody battle with him over my half-brother as he wouldn't let her see him for a couple of months but he was awarded full-time custody of my brother and we only see him every fortnight.

I don't like being around my half-brother a lot because it reminds me of my abuser, and he is very spoiled by him. I don't go my brother's events such as football games or recitals because I know that my abuser will be there. I've been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and several Borderline Personality traits from it, been admitted to hospital several times for suicidal thoughts, self-harming and nervous breakdowns and I see a psychologist on a regular basis and am on anti-depressants so I can cope with everyday life, but I still have episodes of depression from time to time. This is how much of an impact domestic violence had on me.

Sorry for the derail.

Kitty, that is absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry. No one should have to go through that kind of suffering and hardship. I do hope things are better for you now and you are surrounded by people who love you. I can't begin to imagine your conflicting feelings right now. I wouldn't blame you for not liking Craig after this incident. It is completely understandable, and I might feel the same way if I were in your shoes. But one thing I do believe is that Craig is far from being the man who abused you. I can't vouch for this as I don't know Craig as a person, nor have I ever met him. I can only go off of my impression of Craig as a good-natured person. Does one action define us? I think we should take into consideration Craig's intentions. I know I have no right really to say what kind of a person Craig is, or even tell you what kind of a person you should believe him to be. I really am sorry, depression is a horrible thing to go through and this incident must have thrown you into a state of ambivalence. I hope that all can be well soon for you, Craig, and all of us impacted on the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:57 am

Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Lydier wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Sorry for the derail.

Kitty, that is absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry. No one should have to go through that kind of suffering and hardship. I do hope things are better for you now and you are surrounded by people who love you. I can't begin to imagine your conflicting feelings right now. I wouldn't blame you for not liking Craig after this incident. It is completely understandable, and I might feel the same way if I were in your shoes. But one thing I do believe is that Craig is far from being the man who abused you. I can't vouch for this as I don't know Craig as a person, nor have I ever met him. I can only go off of my impression of Craig as a good-natured person. Does one action define us? I think we should take into consideration Craig's intentions. I know I have no right really to say what kind of a person Craig is, or even tell you what kind of a person you should believe him to be. I really am sorry, depression is a horrible thing to go through and this incident must have thrown you into a state of ambivalence. I hope that all can be well soon for you, Craig, and all of us impacted on the forum.

Thanks.

My life much better now than what it use to be. I have a caring boyfriend that promises that he will never hurt me and sympathises what I went through. Also my mum is in a long-term relationship with a guy who is so much better than my abuser and treats me kindly.

I have these stomach pains and anxiety over this situation in the past few days, how it was unexpected, how it brought back painful memories. I just feel bad for Craig, I worry that his future is looking bleak and that people are turning his back on him. Opening up about how I feel and my history of abuse is helping me feel a bit better though. I hope someone joins this forums and give us more of the truth.

edit: Also, the most ironic thing about this, is that a I have a Vines/A Clockwork Orange tattoo, with the book/film being a statement about anti-violence. I've thought about covering it up a bit by getting an apple tattooed over Craig's and turn it into a Rene Magritte (Son of a Man) piece. Still not sure though.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:08 am

I'm so sorry Kitty. I don't blame you for feeling so conflicted, either. I hope you are in a much better place in your life. Xx

I do agree with Lydier about Craig, though.. Although allegedly he commited an act of violence, I don't believe this automatically equates him to be the same kind of person. Wishful thinking perhaps... But I like to think (pray) that this is just his lamest hour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luuana

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:50 pm

I still can't believe we don't have ANY official announcement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Frustration Aw man!

We fans just need to be patient and stand by the Nicholls family and Craig. The Vines fans are the best fans in the world! I'm sure we will get an update when the time is appropriate. But it is hard to come here daily and never see any news, so our minds tend to wander. STAND TOGETHER!

I wonder if Craig every got the art package you all made for him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lydier

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Koala Owl wrote:
Frustration Aw man!

We fans just need to be patient and stand by the Nicholls family and Craig. The Vines fans are the best fans in the world! I'm sure we will get an update when the time is appropriate. But it is hard to come here daily and never see any news, so our minds tend to wander. STAND TOGETHER!

I've been wondering that too. It'd be a great way for us to show him all of our love and support when he is in the lowest of times. I hope he can feel some sort of satisfaction knowing that we all appreciate his music very dearly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
razzger

PostSubject: Strenght, faith and a lot of heart   Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:07 am

This news filled us with dismay, every fan all over the world can't help to feel at least a little sad about this.
I'm a vines and Craig Nicholls fan since 2002, i've created lots of accounts on this forum but forgot some of them and others went inactive, actually my english is not too good so i cant post many as I would like, but I was all the time coming here reading news about the band.

From Venezuela I send a word of hope for all you Vines and Craig fans, just BELIEVE in Craig, love him for all the good things he brought to our lives, support him all the way because we know we can't help it anyway. We will always have his music, now it's time to support his life, it's time make him feel there's people all over the world who cares about his well being, with a little help from above everything is going to be just the best way it can be for him and his family.

Here i made some image to put on my facebook header, id like to share it with you, use it as you please.

k37.kn3.net/94665D04B.jpg

(cant post links properly cause this is a new account)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treestar

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:16 am

Does anyone know why he was living with his parents? Is he broke? Sounds like an overall train wreck. This site is neglected by anyone truly involved with the work. Makes me think of the song evil town!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:05 am

Lydier wrote:
Koala Owl wrote:
Frustration Aw man!

I've been wondering that too. It'd be a great way for us to show him all of our love and support when he is in the lowest of times. I hope he can feel some sort of satisfaction knowing that we all appreciate his music very dearly.

I tried contacting Shawn at Parker and Mr French but I got no responses. I should try again today.

Treestar wrote:
Does anyone know why he was living with his parents? Is he broke? Sounds like an overall train wreck. This site is neglected by anyone truly involved with the work. Makes me think of the song evil town!

Maybe it's because of his mental health that he's unable to live independently. Also with the GFC there is a rise of adult men living with their parents as rent/mortgages are getting expensive.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:29 am

Shawn replied back to me:

Quote :
Packaged received.

Craig is currently in the UK and will remain there until early next year.

What about the court case on November 14th? What if he gets sentenced to prison or some rehab facility? No

At least they received the package though.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:54 am

Kitty wrote:

Packaged received.

This doesn't make any sense Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:57 am

Leanne wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Packaged received.

This doesn't make any sense Neutral

Maybe he's keeping away from the public eye. I wish Jess was back on the forum again and admit what's going on but probably can't due to legal reasons.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:43 am

Treestar wrote:

He's always lived with his parents but i think one time he had his own house when he was dating Harry, but when they broke up he moved back home. That and also what Kitty said.

Kitty, Glad you heard from somebody.

Last edited by PurpleLeaves on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   

Back to top Go down

Craig got arrested
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next