Share | 

Craig got arrested

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
platinum

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Treestar wrote:
Does anyone know why he was living with his parents? Is he broke? Sounds like an overall train wreck. This site is neglected by anyone truly involved with the work. Makes me think of the song evil town!

If Craig is broke, he made some really bad financial choices. Somebody in his position should be set for life. Not saying filthy rich, but money shouldn't be a worry for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 pm

I have been deeply sadened by a lot of the comments I have been reading throughout this topic since it began. As a person that has a brother the same age as Craig with Mental Health issues, I struggle to read without emotion some of the opinions, forum members have formed around this situation and the reasons it has occured. Violence is never acceptable especially against the ones you are suppose to love, but it is unfortunately common in a lot of people with Mental Illness. I have been subjected to incidents of verbal & physical violence at the hands of my brother as well as my mum & other family members..on two occasions when these incidents had occurred he was placed in a psychiatric hospital for treatment. Each time incidents like these occur he is totally not himself,ok one minute then he just snaps & it's like something or someone else has taken over & his controlling him..after treatment he is always so sad & remorsful for the pain that he has caused..He has cried about the people that he has hurt & has to live with that everyday..but it is always the people closest to him that he hurts when he is out of control, his family. I guess deep down he knows that we will always love him, support him &
understand that at times he is just not himself..The worst thing I've ever had to do was leave my brother in a Psychiatric Hospital & watch him being restrained,while feeling confused, anxious & clearly very scared..As was the case when he appeared before a court on charges because a neighbor had called the police to his home, a scuffle broke out. he was anxious, panicked, fought with the police & an officer was knocked over..resulting in an assult charge along with a lot of other charges. When he stood in that court room it was clear to all He was confussed,overwhelmed,scared & very anxious. Most of the time he did not understand what the magistrate was telling him..It was not a good experience for any of us..
I believe my situation with my brother & his illness gives me some understanding about how the Nicholls family could be feeling and some idea of the things they may have also experienced over time living with someone who has Mental Health Issues. When I say I will  and support Craig & his family no matter what happens..it is about more than his music, for me it's about personally understaning the time & effort it takes to be in a family that cares for someone with Mental Health Issues..
Ive spent time with Craig on four occassions and know that he is usually very soft spoken, kind & almost shy..Definitely not the person we are reading about in the paper at the moment..However he will be judged in court & will have to take the consequences but he will also have to live with what he has done to his family, Everyday & that's not an easy thing to do..
Much  & Support to Craig & All His Family, I Hope Craig Gets The Treatment He Needs And Finds A Much Happier Place Inside Him That Allows Him And his Family To Move Forward To Happier Times xo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PurpleLeaves

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Thank you for sharing all that CandyFlippinGirl... I understand what you're saying...

CandyFlippinGirl wrote:

Ive spent time with Craig on four occasions and know that he is usually very soft spoken, kind & almost shy..Definitely not the person we are reading about in the paper at the moment..
The last time I met Craig was in 2008. He was actually a bit chatty and very nice and polite towards his fans. He actually spent time with us and chatted more then i thought he would. He answered questions, took photos with us. Very cordial and very cool. It seems we all made him happy It was a nice little meeting.

I really do wish Craig and his family all the best. Hopefully a brighter future..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:59 am

CandyFlippinGirl wrote:
I have been deeply sadened by a lot of the comments I have been reading throughout this topic since it began. As a person that has a brother the same age as Craig with Mental Health issues, I struggle to read without emotion some of the opinions, forum members have formed around this situation and the reasons it has occured. Violence is never acceptable especially against the ones you are suppose to love, but it is unfortunately common in a lot of people with Mental Illness. I have been subjected to incidents of verbal & physical violence at the hands of my brother as well as my mum & other family members..on two occasions when these incidents had occurred he was placed in a psychiatric hospital for treatment. Each time incidents like these occur he is totally not himself,ok one minute then he just snaps & it's like something or someone else has taken over & his controlling him..after treatment he is always so sad & remorsful for the pain that he has caused..He has cried about the people that he has hurt & has to live with that everyday..but it is always the people closest to him that he hurts when he is out of control, his family. I guess deep down he knows that we will always love him, support him &
understand that at times he is just not himself..The worst thing I've ever had to do was leave my brother in a Psychiatric Hospital & watch him being restrained,while feeling confused, anxious & clearly very scared..As was the case when he appeared before a court on charges because a neighbor had called the police to his home, a scuffle broke out. he was anxious, panicked, fought with the police & an officer was knocked over..resulting in an assult charge along with a lot of other charges. When he stood in that court room it was clear to all He was confussed,overwhelmed,scared & very anxious. Most of the time he did not understand what the magistrate was telling him..It was not a good experience for any of us..
I believe my situation with my brother & his illness gives me some understanding about how the Nicholls family could be feeling and some idea of the things they may have also experienced over time living with someone who has Mental Health Issues. When I say I will  and support Craig & his family no matter what happens..it is about more than his music, for me it's about personally understaning the time & effort it takes to be in a family that cares for someone with Mental Health Issues..
Ive spent time with Craig on four occassions and know that he is usually very soft spoken, kind & almost shy..Definitely not the person we are reading about in the paper at the moment..However he will be judged in court & will have to take the consequences but he will also have to live with what he has done to his family, Everyday & that's not an easy thing to do..
Much  & Support to Craig & All His Family, I Hope Craig Gets The Treatment He Needs And Finds A Much Happier Place Inside Him That Allows Him And his Family To Move Forward To Happier Times xo

My heart goes out to your family Janine. Sad

I still have these stomach aches and anxiety from all of this (alongside work I need to finish for assessments at uni and I finish for the year on November 14th). I hope Craig doesn't breakdown in the courtroom like your brother did. The next 3 weeks is going to feel like forever.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 am

Thanks Kate for your kind words..You need to stay positive & believe you will get thru the rest of your assignments..Best of Luck Smile
Craig can get through this as long as he knows he has the support of those who love and care for him..Including his fans..So let's all be positive and support him & his family as much as we can..Positive attitudes can create amazing miricals 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:07 am

Always wise words, Janine.
Maybe I have things to feel identified with Craig, but I could not write them in a forum, maybe not yet. But it was really good to share some parts of my experiences with you via e-mail. And your sweet, wise and comforting words make me feel good.

I know that is not right to be aggressive with those around you, or your family. But I can't... I can't hate him, I can't be disappoint of him, I can't!
He has been so important to me personally, he helped me so many times just with the fact of seeing him move on with his life no matter what. And make what he loves. Music.

If he is guilty, if he really punched his mother, I couldn't be able to hate him, or criticize or judge him. u.u

I hope all this happend for a good reason, maybe the life is giving him a new beginning, maybe he has to move on and get a new life in a different place.
Perhaps this is the "deepest hole" in his life which, from now on, he only has to go up and up.

I love him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:55 pm

maleaballay wrote:
Maybe I have things to feel identified with Craig, but I could not write them in a forum, maybe not yet. But it was really good to share some parts of my experiences with you via e-mail. And your sweet, wise and comforting words make me feel good.

I know that is not right to be aggressive with those around you, or your family. But I can't... I can't hate him, I can't be disappoint of him, I can't!
He has been so important to me personally, he helped me so many times just with the fact of seeing him move on with his life no matter what. And make what he loves. Music.

If he is guilty, if he really punched his mother, I couldn't be able to hate him, or criticize or judge him. u.u

I hope all this happend for a good reason, maybe the life is giving him a new beginning, maybe he has to move on and get a new life in a different place.
Perhaps this is the "deepest hole" in his life which, from now on, he only has to go up and up.

I love him.

Thankyou Malena..I'm always glad to chat and to know my words are some comfort to you, makes me feel very happy.
I understand exactly what you're saying, I also can not hate Craig for his actions, nor am I dissappointed with him..He will always be forever judged by many people but for me he has always shown strength through the worst of times and the lowest moments dealing with his Mental Health issues, and I'm sure there have been so many more issues than many are unaware of. If we are to believe what is written by the press, then The Vines should not have even made it to Album number 5!! and it should have been the end of Craig and his music when he was diagnosed with Aspergers..
But Craig reufused to give up, he refused to let his Metal Health issues beat him and stop him from doing what he loves most..Music is his life and he has had many ups and downs along the way but I don't see him giving up that easy. Even through this current situation I'm sure with the right treatment, luv and support he will continue to move forward. Afertall when your down the only way you can go is up!!
Love him Lots xo

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:07 pm

[quote="Kitty"]Shawn replied back to me:

Quote :
Packaged received.

Craig is currently in the UK and will remain there until early next year.

I really don't know how this can be true..
Craig is currently on bail in the state of New South Wales, It which case he would not be allowed to leave New South Wales let alone Australia without breaking his bail conditions. If he was to leave the state or the country the police would put out a warrent for his arrest..
His charges are going to be heard further on the 14th Nov and he will be expected to appear in court and enter into a plea for each charge..Therefore I'm not sure how he can be in the UK???

I know this is how it works because my brother left the state when he was on bail, broke his conditions and a warrent for his arrest was issued, luckily for him, he returned and handed himself in..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:53 pm

CandyFlippinGirl wrote:
maleaballay wrote:

I love him.

Thankyou Malena..I'm always glad to chat and to know my words are some comfort to you, makes me feel very happy.
I understand exactly what you're saying, I also can not hate Craig for his actions, nor am I dissappointed with him..He will always be forever judged by many people but for me he has always shown strength through the worst of times and the lowest moments dealing with his Mental Health issues, and I'm sure there have been so many more issues than many are unaware of. If we are to believe what is written by the press, then The Vines should not have even made it to Album number 5!! and it should have been the end of Craig and his music when he was diagnosed with Aspergers..
But Craig reufused to give up, he refused to let his Metal Health issues beat him and stop him from doing what he loves most..Music is his life and he has had many ups and downs along the way but I don't see him giving up that easy. Even through this current situation I'm sure with the right treatment, luv and support he will continue to move forward. Afertall when your down the only way you can go is up!!
Love him Lots xo

I am so glad that you undertand me, Janine.
When I post my opinions the people, usually, is mean to me. Maybe coz they don't understand me. Or because my words are not so sweet, I am rough and consistent with my opinions. And I don't like indirects, so I post something I write what my heart says, no matter what. And I will not ever apologize for that.

And I do not like the gossips! So when I saw that almost everyone was judging and speculating with his problems I felt bad.

I know that when something like this happends, we all are worried and we all want to know the true. But the words are not going to help Craig, so why bother to make conclusions that will surely be wrong.

And also, his sister is on this forum, what if she open it and see our posts? We have to be careful!

At the end of the day we're just fans. We are not his family or his friends, or his doctors. Our opinion is not worth much in his life.

Beeing a fan of Damon Albarn for a long time teach me that no matter what we say or what we want he is not going to do it for us, he is going to it for himself. And Craig, I think, also do things for his love for music like Damon, not for us.

SO... I LOVE YOU CRAIG, NO MATTER WHAT!!!! sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nefertiti324

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 pm

maleaballay wrote:

I love him.

Not that anyone here seems to care, but I agree completely Malena.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaryJane86

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:07 pm

nefertiti324 wrote:
maleaballay wrote:

I love him.

Not that anyone here seems to care, but I agree completely Malena.

I do care, and I completely agree with you guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelivingvines

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Just so we're clear, there's no way Craig is in the UK.

It would have been a condition of his bail that he did not leave Oz. No idea why you were told that Kitty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
on_safari

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:33 pm

thelivingvines wrote:

It would have been a condition of his bail that he did not leave Oz. No idea why you were told that Kitty.

They said the EXACT same thing to me like 2 weeks ago when i asked them where I could send stuff to him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:06 am

on_safari wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:

They said the EXACT same thing to me like 2 weeks ago when i asked them where I could send stuff to him...

Is his management turning against him?

Craig must feel like the most hated person in the world.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:12 am

Have to wait and see if he'll get criminal charges for his lunchtime flip out. Is there even going to be another album put out under the Vines name? Sort of confused why he's not recording solo at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:26 am

What ever happens, or is or is not happening, I feel we need to be sure that all of our comments that are left on this forum are honest and respectful. We don't need to appear to be judgmental, gossipy and disrespectful in anyway. The Press do a good job of that on their own.. This should be a place for open discussion that is honest and supportive of Craig & The Vines..because afterall thats why we're all here..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:59 am

I know I keep saying this but I'm still feeling anxious over the whole ordeal. Maybe I just always expect the worst out of every situation.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Maybe because expecting the best and having a bad outcome hurts a lot more, though in my opinion no matter the expectations, it always hurts if it ends badly. Anyway.
It took me several days to realise what is actually happening and I am broken hearted.
Talking about domestic violence, my mother has some huge mental problems but she never went so see a doctor but keeps taking those pills (I think it's sedatives) so "she wouldn't try to kill me", or at least that's what she says when I ask her why she poisons herself like this. On top of that she is an excellent doctor and she is brilliant at work but when she gets home it all changes. Well I know what happens when she doesn't take pills and it hurts physically and emotionally. She has told me hundreds of times how she regrets adopting me because I'm a mental freak. She nearly broke my arm once and kicked me in the stomach repeatedly. Sometimes I fear that if there is a knife near while she is in a "rage mode" she might stab me because she grabs anything within her sight that could be thrown at me or I could get hit with. My dad is way too submissive to her and does anything he is told, even when I'm down if mum orders him to, he beats me too. Luckily I moved to another city a few years ago and I rarely visit my parents these days. We only talk on the phone sometimes. What is worse, when I was 10, my aunt noticed some "strange behaviour" from me so she called her friend who's a psychiatrist and one day they talked to me in my room and well it turned out I'm "not normal" but they said that this will never be mentioned anywhere. My aunt paid her some money so she wouldn't try to prescribe me any medicine. So technically only my family knows this (and they blame me for it) and I've been hiding it from everyone because here in my country people will isolate you if they find out. Well I am isolated enough anyway. I am prone to depression and have really violent mood swings and I experience a hard time focusing on something unless I really enjoy it. This is why I change friends so often, because they get to see I am obviously not in my right mind and run away. I have had panic attacks and mental breakdowns, several of which were last year when my ex (he also abused me physically and emotionally) cheated and lied and when I begged him to either stop or let me go he just hit me and insulted me. Now I live completely alone and I'm feeling better somehow but with the trust issues going worse and having no friends, I don't know, it's a bit of a torture.
I know I might regret sharing this here, being aware that having a disorder is so in right now (who the darn even started this fad though) and it's hard to believe but I have been alone with this crap for years and never afforded to tell anyone because most people view me as a freak anyway. I needed to let it out so I'm sorry I'm doing it here. I secretly hope that whoever reads this will understand.

My heart goes out to Craig, his family and everyone here, I know you're all shocked and saddened by this fact. And I'm puzzled by Parker & Mr. French's constant responses that he is in the UK, as if they don't know we could find out about that. So basically we can't do anything but wait and hope. I wish I could send Craig something, not that this will help, but showing support is always appreciated.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futuretardedx.tumblr.com/
on_safari

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:04 pm

Kitty wrote:
on_safari wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:

Is his management turning against him?

Craig must feel like the most hated person in the world.

Ya who knows. Kind of weird that they still say he's in the UK. They weren't polite to me at all actually.. they were like "no address to reach him at. he is in the UK" or something :S.. like fuck off haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:03 am

xermiona wrote:
Maybe because expecting the best and having a bad outcome hurts a lot more, though in my opinion no matter the expectations, it always hurts if it ends badly. Anyway.
It took me several days to realise what is actually happening and I am broken hearted.
Talking about domestic violence, my mother has some huge mental problems but she never went so see a doctor but keeps taking those pills (I think it's sedatives) so "she wouldn't try to kill me", or at least that's what she says when I ask her why she poisons herself like this. On top of that she is an excellent doctor and she is brilliant at work but when she gets home it all changes. Well I know what happens when she doesn't take pills and it hurts physically and emotionally. She has told me hundreds of times how she regrets adopting me because I'm a mental freak. She nearly broke my arm once and kicked me in the stomach repeatedly. Sometimes I fear that if there is a knife near while she is in a "rage mode" she might stab me because she grabs anything within her sight that could be thrown at me or I could get hit with. My dad is way too submissive to her and does anything he is told, even when I'm down if mum orders him to, he beats me too. Luckily I moved to another city a few years ago and I rarely visit my parents these days. We only talk on the phone sometimes. What is worse, when I was 10, my aunt noticed some "strange behaviour" from me so she called her friend who's a psychiatrist and one day they talked to me in my room and well it turned out I'm "not normal" but they said that this will never be mentioned anywhere. My aunt paid her some money so she wouldn't try to prescribe me any medicine. So technically only my family knows this (and they blame me for it) and I've been hiding it from everyone because here in my country people will isolate you if they find out. Well I am isolated enough anyway. I am prone to depression and have really violent mood swings and I experience a hard time focusing on something unless I really enjoy it. This is why I change friends so often, because they get to see I am obviously not in my right mind and run away. I have had panic attacks and mental breakdowns, several of which were last year when my ex (he also abused me physically and emotionally) cheated and lied and when I begged him to either stop or let me go he just hit me and insulted me. Now I live completely alone and I'm feeling better somehow but with the trust issues going worse and having no friends, I don't know, it's a bit of a torture.
I know I might regret sharing this here, being aware that having a disorder is so in right now (who the darn even started this fad though) and it's hard to believe but I have been alone with this crap for years and never afforded to tell anyone because most people view me as a freak anyway. I needed to let it out so I'm sorry I'm doing it here. I secretly hope that whoever reads this will understand.

My heart goes out to Craig, his family and everyone here, I know you're all shocked and saddened by this fact. And I'm puzzled by Parker & Mr. French's constant responses that he is in the UK, as if they don't know we could find out about that. So basically we can't do anything but wait and hope. I wish I could send Craig something, not that this will help, but showing support is always appreciated.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us..so many of us I'm sure have been touched by mental health issues in our lives and still find it really difficult to discuss..whether it be through our family members, partners or maybe ourselves..you are a very strong person to be able to finally talk about your own issues and to share them here on this forum.
I understand how difficult these things must be for you and how hard it is to live with all of this and not share how you are feeling..People judge others harshly and use words like "freak", when they have a lack of knowledge and understanding. You are right..We can not fix any of Craig's problems, and we can not change what others think or how they view all of this, but we can show luv and support for him and his family at this difficult time..I'm sure it would really be appreciated..Take Care 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LawlietWay

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:23 am

Don't worry you all, yeh? I understand.
I've tried to hit ourkid with cutlery and mugs since some time ago, I'm sometimes very violent and I just can't control it. Y'know me mam was also violent/hysterical to us but not as violent as the average Mexican families. And you know, I sometimes joke around with me dad and/or brother about hitting them. I understand, and I'm actually in a very comfortable position.
So don't worry, I'l give you all the possible support. It's not like anybody cares so though, towards me.
You gotta thank most of you live in a first world country, where they do care about mental health and families and sorts.
So live on, love more and hit something once in a while.
No, I just still can't recognise those bloody emoticons. Anyway, beware of daft cunts.
I'm not into catholicism any more but I send all the light good vibrations to Nicholls and Nicholls family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lawlietway.tumblr.com
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:28 am

Is it just me or does Craig might have undiagnosed schizophrenia?

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:34 am

Aspergers can have schizophrenia involved. He looked super run down and sick in that video Kitty. It's not a surprise he snapped. He needs to get healthy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luuana

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Dear Vines friends, no official announcement? What's the news we have? Is he still in jail, health, in his mother's house...? and wtf about this schizophrenia thing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Livbeke

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:57 pm

I think there's something more serious than Asperger going on. It sounds like it could be schizophrenia, but isn't kind of weird that it wasn't diagnosed after all these years? I mean he has seen some psychologists/psychiatrists before and schizophrenia sounds like something that's pretty evident, idk.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   

Back to top Go down

Craig got arrested
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next