The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Craig got arrested

Go down 
+37
Lloyd55555
xermiona
razzger
Koala Owl
thelivingvines
Livbeke
on_safari
Jack94
MaryJane86
Treestar
sealove
nefertiti324
LawlietWay
omgwtf
chacha
infinityplus0ne
Torched
Ally Nicholls
goodbye
Leanne
CherryWaves
anaobrad
luuana
Headshrinker
PurpleLeaves
braindead
(((A Name)))
Hilton
Bwadi
CandyFlippinGirl
freak
VisionValley
platinum
Lydier
Thinkhappythoughts67
effervescingelephant
Kitty
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Treestar

Treestar

Craig got arrested - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:32 am

Wow, I'm super sad by this. Craig looks anemic in the recent song pic pale I hope everyone gets the help they need Hug
Back to top Go down
nefertiti324

nefertiti324

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:40 am

omgwtf wrote:
nefertiti324 wrote:
omgwtf wrote:
You won't offend anyone, don't worry. No-one cares enough about anything you've got to say, so it's all good.

...So much hate in the world that we can't even play nice for the sake of our common interest? Are we not all here for the same thing, for love of The Vines?

What are you going on about? No-one does care, it's just the internet.

Everyone: I'm sorry, for being this person.

omgwtf:

Seems to me that YOU care enough to continue this conversation. So you see, I’m confused; your words and your actions conflict. I mean, why else would you be here? Certainly not to just vent your anger via online interactions with strangers.......

You may be correct that everyone else does not care, but I care, as that is the reason I am posting on this forum in the first place.

Also, it is the Internet, indeed! So how about you find one of the billions of other sites on which to post your negative energy. After all, you don’t care, so that shouldn’t be a bother for you, right? Smile

Back to top Go down
MaryJane86

MaryJane86

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:28 am

Oh my god! I can't believe this! I just gaped at the title for awhile hoping that it wasn't true.
Back to top Go down
Jack94

Jack94

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:07 am

anaobrad wrote:
I think maybe there should be less excuses made for Craig. He punched his mother and I don't really know what kind of person does that. Aspergers doesn't give him the green card to act violently.
I remember reading that his parents called the police on him when he was much younger too.... who knows what's going on at home, but he's a 35 year old man now (!!) and it all just sounds a little pathetic. I feel for his family, and for him too, but this is so so disappointing when you absolutely idolise a musician.

I agree with you 100%
I think there's something serious going on, possibly substance abuse, but who really knows.

His diagnosis got him out of trouble in 2004, but i don't think its acceptable to use asperger's as an excuse for this type of violence, or an excuse for almost anything at his age. I have AS, and a handful of aspie friend's, two are in their 20's and living independently. I've been arrested once, and even thrown things at my mother, but when i was 15 and still undiagnosed. As you grow and learn more about your condition, you develop ways to control yourself, even during serious meltdowns.
Don't get me wrong, i wish craig nothing but the best, but i hope he takes full responsibility for what he did. It's setting a very bad example if he doesn't. An individual with asperger's is capable of understanding the consequences of their actions, especially when their 35.

Godbless you craig, but don't embarrass the rest of us who aren't lucky enough to achieve what you have.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 am

Quote :
The magistrate was told that Nicholls had asperger’s syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder affecting social interaction, as well as psychosis stemming from heavy cannabis use.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/17/the-vines-frontman-charged-with-assault-after-holding-knives-to-mothers-throat/

I think there's something more serious than just Aspergers. I think he might have bipolar or schizophrenia as psychosis is a common symptom in both of these illnesses.
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:59 am

@ nefertiti324: You're right, you've got me. Perhaps my problem is that I care too much? Very Happy

Regarding Craig though, I hope he's alright. Got much love for that man. It's sad to hear things like this. These stories won't change my opinion of him though. He's still a legend.

What's the Jay Leno break down all about, by the way? I've never heard about that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/stobieboy
nefertiti324

nefertiti324

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am

Omgwtf:

Well I'm sorry for being a jerk. I'm glad we both support Craig tho... I was a little surprised. But then again, I too like to watch documentaries on world wars and serial killers. Wink
Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:21 am

Craig got arrested - Page 4 Orly1
Back to top Go down
nefertiti324

nefertiti324

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:27 am

Alright I kinda jus died. Of laughter. What is this about Leno? I don't ever watch as I do not find him funny...
Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:34 am

It said in the article that Kitty posted that he had a breakdown on the Jay Leno show, but I've never heard anything about that. I searched for it on Youtube, but it only has the Letterman breakdown (which is still brilliant even after all these years).

For what it's worth, I liked the lyric reference earlier. Nice touch. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 pm

omgwtf wrote:
It said in the article that Kitty posted that he had a breakdown on the Jay Leno show, but I've never heard anything about that. I searched for it on Youtube, but it only has the Letterman breakdown (which is still brilliant even after all these years).

For what it's worth, I liked the lyric reference earlier. Nice touch. Wink

He broke down on Jay Leno before they even got to play on TV, I think he threw a chair at Hamish or something during practice & spazzed around because the cookies were wrong I think. So they just kicked them off & never played on the show.
Back to top Go down
http://bwadi.tumbr.com
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Guys, what if we stop judging and make inferences about something that, most likely, we will never be sure.

if his crazy, if his drug addict, if he's sick, Bipolar or a mother's puncher.

Whatever it is, justice will take care of that.
Lets stop discuss about his private life, he is not our family. No matters what we have live in our lives we can not make the comparison with him.

We, as fans, do what we should do, listen to his music.

and also... give him the benefit of the doubt!!

trust him on this. You become fans of him thanks to his music, I want to think, not for his personal life.

Are you fans of Craig Nicholls or his mothers?????
Back to top Go down
nefertiti324

nefertiti324

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Agreed Malena!

It is during the darkest of times that you can see everyone's true colors. So, as fans, let us show our colors.

This is not a question of right or wrong, of course. But for the fans to pretty much let go of admiration for Craig, or to insinuate that he is a monster... Craig is NOT a monster.

I know this is hugely disturbing for many of us to take in, but everything is not so black-and-white. We, as outsiders looking in on his life, can only see the surface, and of course, everything is not always what it seems. Because of this, because we can NEVER know the full story, I really think it is wrong of us, as fans, to be passing judgment.

I will say it again…. Isn’t scorn from the REST of the world enough?
Back to top Go down
(((A Name)))

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:14 pm

I hope he will get well soon and release the new the vines album next year Smile
Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:20 pm

I wish Patrick would join the band again. When he left, they were nowhere near as good as they used to be. The basslines on Highly Evolved and Winning Days are incredible. Although, in saying that, Melodia is probably one of my favourite Vines' albums, but nonetheless, the Post-Patrick years were rather disappointing in comparasion to the stuff they'd been producing beforehand.

What I'm trying to say is, I couldn't really care if they ever release another album. It'd just be better for Craig to take some time off, get better and then come back with a bang. Give him a few years to write 12 songs and I guarentee that he'll blow us away again.
Back to top Go down
(((A Name)))

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm

omgwtf wrote:
I wish Patrick would join the band again. When he left, they were nowhere near as good as they used to be. The basslines on Highly Evolved and Winning Days are incredible. Although, in saying that, Melodia is probably one of my favourite Vines' albums, but nonetheless, the Post-Patrick years were rather disappointing in comparasion to the stuff they'd been producing beforehand.

What I'm trying to say is, I couldn't really care if they ever release another album. It'd just be better for Craig to take some time off, get better and then come back with a bang. Give him a few years to write 12 songs and I guarentee that he'll blow us away again.
That would be awesome Very Happy
I hope Craig can solve his drug-problem and return with The Vines and the old band-members.
Back to top Go down
nefertiti324

nefertiti324

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:48 am

omgwtf I'm glad you were pleased with my superstalker abilities. I agree that this is not the end for Craig's music.
Soo I was reading about the prevalence of violent acts in people with Asperger’s… I found some articles that struck me. I hear a lot of people mention that Craig’s Asperger’s is “no excuse.” Well of course it’s not an excuse, I don’t think anyone ever claimed that it is one. However I believe that it should be taken into account as far as the courts are concerned regarding punishment.

I feel like he is being treated worse because of his Asps! People seem to be presuming that he’s going to get a free pass or something, which I highly doubt, but some seem to regard the situation as such anyway. Justice will be served, but not only by the court. Craig will have to pay for this probably for the rest of his life, since the whole world knows… This is why I think it’s so important for us fans to show him support right now.

One article mentioned the trauma experienced by “offending persons w/ Asperger’s” during their involvement with the criminal justice system:

“Collectively, the participants reported that their worst experiences of court were related to: not being able to take everything in; not being told what was going on or happening next; not being offered support; feeling put on the spot; standing in front of the judge; not being believed; the verdict; and not feeling that their Asperger syndrome had been taken into account, during either the process or the disposal decision.”

K obviously I don’t know the man and I’m not saying this applies to him necessarily… But I have a mild fascination with autism so I thought I’d share this bit. (Eh its long but I posted if by chance someone's interested). Surprised

Basically there have been several hypotheses about persons with Asps being predisposed to violent or criminal behavior, but no data to back this up as of yet. (Meaning more studies need to be conducted before a conclusion is made).

http://wwwtest.meadowscenter.org/files/dcjc/Allen_et_Offending_Behaviour.pdf
Back to top Go down
on_safari

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:12 am

Totally sucks to hear about this. For him and for his family. that said, this kinda shit can happen in life. and i'm even kidna surprised this is the first time something like this happens. Everyones family has gone through some shitty fights ( I haven't hit my mom obvoiusly) but these sorts of thigns happen. Sucks most definitely though. i couldn't imagine if there were journalists writing about everything that went down in my house ya know?

Hopefully he and his family get through it alright! lets look on the bright side and hope that maybe it will inspire some awesome gritty music.

PS. the amount of comments on articles ive read about it - "clearly he was trying to get free and ride into the sun" and "i guess his winning days are gone", "she should have got outthaway!". So many people knwo the vines. kinda forgot how popular they are/were
Back to top Go down
Livbeke

Livbeke

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:25 am

I'm really sad about this, of course I don't know Craig personally but after 10 years of listening to The Vines I really thought that he was doing better and with a new Vines album and collaborations with other artits, this was going to be a year of change for the better not worse! I really hope it doesn't get worse than what we've heard so far and I wish the best for him and his family.

I know we all have problems, but there're always ways to overcome those problems and it shouldn't be and excuse to throw your life away, especially if you have so much talent, and a supportive family as Craig apparenty has.

Back to top Go down
Torched

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:18 am

maleaballay wrote:
Guys, what if we stop judging and make inferences about something that, most likely, we will never be sure.

Lets stop discuss about his private life, he is not our family. No matters what we have live in our lives we can not make the comparison with him.

trust him on this. You become fans of him thanks to his music, I want to think, not for his personal life.

What is wrong with you?? Craig punched his own mother twice in the head and previously put a throat up to her neck. What kind of person worth worshiping like you are does that? I'm a huge fan of his music myself, but if a 35 year old man does that it's easy to see that he is an absolute train-wreck now. Stop defending him, he's officially facing court over it and the websites reporting on this are as legitimate as they get.
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Torched wrote:
maleaballay wrote:

What is wrong with you?? Craig punched his own mother twice in the head and previously put a throat up to her neck. What kind of person worth worshiping like you are does that? I'm a huge fan of his music myself, but if a 35 year old man does that it's easy to see that he is an absolute train-wreck now. Stop defending him, he's officially facing court over it and the websites reporting on this are as legitimate as they get.

You're the kind of person who woulda said the same 8 years ago with his onstage breakdown by the sounds of it.
Fans support their band always, no matter what the situation may be. I mean look at Randy Blythe, now of course that was a freak accident but people still called him a murderer & bullshit. But his fans stood by him & eventually he got out & everything was resolved.
There's a solution to everything and you trying to take someone else's hopes down of their favorite band returning isn't really a good move, especially on the bands own forum. Look we're all confused, wondering, thinking, worried, even offended by his moves but come on, don't hate, we're all in the same boat here.
Back to top Go down
http://bwadi.tumbr.com
infinityplus0ne

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:04 pm

sorry dude but being a fan doesn't mean you have to blindly follow someone and turn the other cheek when they fuck up. I have been a fan thru all the bullshit after winning days even if there wasn't a reason at that point to defend him, to me craig was like 25/26 so you expect that i guy that age that is a rock star is going to fuck up. plus he was kicking at the camera not the person was it stupid to kick at someones camera yes, but he was having a undiagnosed meltdown. Craig is now 35yo he would have been told what he needs to do to say in the best of health and clearly he hasn't been following thru on that and you know what fair enough if the guy wants to be a pot head that eats shit and put on 40kg all power to him, i would still be a fan.

I grew up/just left a violent home and i know first hand what it feels like to have someone pull a knife from a draw and say in a chillingly calm voice "you know i could just stab you to death with this and dump your body in the bush...just something to think about before you think of being a smart ass again" so if it makes me a bad fan to say i can't condone violence, then i guess i'm a bad fan. I said the same thing about chris brown and matty newton and grant hackett sure i wasn't much of a fan of there work to begin with (well i liked hackett) but the point being is if the court finds him guilty i won't be buying the next album because i would rather desert a band then condone violence
Back to top Go down
Hilton

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Admin people, can you put a block to this post. Getting stupid, when people don't have clue what is happening or talking about.

I am hoping it just the AS outburst and he will have to recover and learn how to deal with it, so nothing like this happening again.

Then continue to write good music, if he's up for it.

Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
PurpleLeaves

PurpleLeaves

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:13 pm

I don't think its getting stupid and why put a lock on this thread? What if some new information comes up, all we're gonna do is make a new thread.

And as for me, I'm not so concerned about whether he's gonna make new music or not, at this point, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm more concerned about Craig's well being.
Back to top Go down
nefertiti324

nefertiti324

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Just because we still support Craig doesn't mean we approve of what happened, OBVIOUSLY. It means that we, as fans, are not here to judge based upon his personal life; we are only here because we love his music and that will not change. (Perhaps it is looking like I am speaking for myself...)

Also @Torched and all the others who have clearly joined the forum since the news story came out... How about you find somewhere else to post your negative opinions about Craig, somewhere OTHER than the fan forum??? It would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craig got arrested
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next