HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 6th album?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
homesick831

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:56 pm

On July 31st, Big Day Out is announcing their lineup for January 2014. Maybe The Vines will be on the list??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 622
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:13 pm

homesick831 wrote:
On July 31st, Big Day Out is announcing their lineup for January 2014. Maybe The Vines will be on the list??

Maybe Hopefully. Usually they end up on the second line-up announcements. I also suspect that The Cure will be one of the big 3 head-liners. If only I had the monies for a ticket right now bounce

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 622
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Finally something is happening.

http://instagram.com/p/cdlnTgp55k/

http://instagram.com/p/cdpOLhJ58Q/

Craig what happened to your hair? Shocked You look like my 13-year old brother.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
(((A Name)))



Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Yes finally something is happening Smile
I hope we can listen to some new songs soon cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala Owl

avatar

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Treetop Lookout

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Craig is pumped up & ready to go once again!cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lloyd55555

avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 24
Location : Brisbane

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:29 am

Parker + Mr. French replied to a comment on their facebook from 'Craig Nicholls Fans', saying: "Details will be announced soon. We are very excited to share these with you just need to hold on a little bit longer."

I really hope the whole big announcement thing is gunna be more than just a new Vines album and the Nick Littlemore thing because that's already common knowledge amongst Vines fans. Not that I'm not looking forward to them though! I've still got my hopes on a Vines double-album but that's probably unlikely. But the drummer did say there was 2 producers, 1 for each 'half' of the new record.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/thesharpears
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 23
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:58 am

Iiiiiiiiiiiinteresting. Very interesting indeed (the producer for each half of the album). Yeah, I know. I hope the news is something more than just clarification of what we know already!

_________________


Last.fm | Tumblr | Fuck Yeah The Verve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Masterman

avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-02-28
Age : 28
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Maybe we'll have news near to Craig Bday, it would be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/MxAxSxTxExRxxMxAxN
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 622
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:23 am

Anysound wrote:
Iiiiiiiiiiiinteresting. Very interesting indeed (the producer for each half of the album). Yeah, I know. I hope the news is something more than just clarification of what we know already!

A double concept album ala Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness Razz 

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 19
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:21 am

Kitty wrote:
Anysound wrote:
Iiiiiiiiiiiinteresting. Very interesting indeed (the producer for each half of the album). Yeah, I know. I hope the news is something more than just clarification of what we know already!

A double concept album ala Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness Razz 

Maybe one disc hard rock & the second acoustic (In Your Honor)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 622
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:38 pm

I wonder if they'll be part of the Falls/Southbound line-up because I heard it's going to be announced pretty soon. And Homebake as well. And the 2nd line-up announcement for the BDO.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 19
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Kitty wrote:
I wonder if they'll be part of the Falls/Southbound line-up because I heard it's going to be announced pretty soon. And Homebake as well. And the 2nd line-up announcement for the BDO.


Oh dear god I hope they get on the BDO lineup (already got tickets), Pearl Jam, Blur, TAME IMPALA, Mudhoney, Major Lazer & The Vines, that'd be the greatest day ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 622
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Highly Evolved wrote:
Kitty wrote:
I wonder if they'll be part of the Falls/Southbound line-up because I heard it's going to be announced pretty soon. And Homebake as well. And the 2nd line-up announcement for the BDO.

Oh dear god I hope they get on the BDO lineup (already got tickets), Pearl Jam, Blur, TAME IMPALA, Mudhoney, Major Lazer & The Vines, that'd be the greatest day ever.
I think I might buy a BDO ticket (the Sydney shows haven't sold out yet).

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
stormboy

avatar

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : San FranBrisco

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:08 am

Kitty wrote:
Highly Evolved wrote:
Kitty wrote:
I wonder if they'll be part of the Falls/Southbound line-up because I heard it's going to be announced pretty soon. And Homebake as well. And the 2nd line-up announcement for the BDO.
Oh dear god I hope they get on the BDO lineup (already got tickets), Pearl Jam, Blur, TAME IMPALA, Mudhoney, Major Lazer & The Vines, that'd be the greatest day ever.
I think I might buy a BDO ticket (the Sydney shows haven't sold out yet).
Ive got my fingers crossed for falls festival!! falls line up comes out monday Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.burningjeffbridges.tumblr.com
VisionValley

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:52 am

What happened to the so called news we were going to get in July? Also what was Craig thinking when he got that god-awful new haircut. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 622
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:08 pm

VisionValley wrote:
What happened to the so called news we were going to get in July? Also what was Craig thinking when he got that god-awful new haircut. Ugh!
Maybe the news had to be pushed back. And hopefully Craig will outgrow that goddamn haircut.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Is nobody else concerned that the reason that there are two producers on this album is because one of them decided to bail out half way through recording it?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 622
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:47 am

thelivingvines wrote:
Is nobody else concerned that the reason that there are two producers on this album is because one of them decided to bail out half way through recording it?

Is there any evidence of it?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
on_safari



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 am

sometimes albums have more than one producer... especially when they're recorded between a couple of studios. i wouldn't think much of it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:15 pm

No evidence at all. But you wouldn't expect any. I'm just following logic. I'm sure upcoming interviews will provide a sugar coated explanation.

Name 5 critically acclaimed albums with 2 producers working separately on the record.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:49 am

*tumbleweed*



.. ok 3 critically acclaimed albums with two producers then.... no?

... and before anyone says "who cares about critical acclaim, all that matters is the music" - if you want The Vines to be on top of the world again, or if you want them try and set up tours to the US, South America, the UK, Japan or wherever else, then, as much as it pains me to say it, I'm afraid critical acclaim is exactly what The Vines need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lloyd55555

avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 24
Location : Brisbane

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:17 pm

thelivingvines wrote:
*tumbleweed*



.. ok 3 critically acclaimed albums with two producers then.... no?

... and before anyone says "who cares about critical acclaim, all that matters is the music" - if you want The Vines to be on top of the world again, or if you want them try and set up tours to the US, South America, the UK, Japan or wherever else, then, as much as it pains me to say it, I'm afraid critical acclaim is exactly what The Vines need.
I doubt they will ever be on top of the world again or have much critical acclaim. It would be nice but it's unlikely unless they make a really ground-breaking record. It's sad but their kind of music just isn't that popular anymore. The reason they got so big in 2002, other than the great album they made, is that they were seen at part of that whole 'rock revival' movement.

But I'm sure that they'll be able to do tours around the world again. They went to the US with Melodia and that was on an indie label. Future Primitive was the first time they didn't really go anywhere else and that was probably due to tensions in the band and Craig focusing on them making another record. Anyway, we can only hope the new album is a blinder and as soon as the first single (eventually) comes out, we'll have a better idea of where they're at music-wise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/thesharpears
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Music trends are cyclical. The Vines genre will come around again. It's just a matter of time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lloyd55555

avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 24
Location : Brisbane

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:33 am

thelivingvines wrote:
Music trends are cyclical. The Vines genre will come around again. It's just a matter of time...
I really hope so, I'm sick of all this cute indie shit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/thesharpears
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 19
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 am

He actually has two attempts here, if the Launay/Littlemore album is critically acclaimed some attention will be drawed to The Vines 6th album too just so then other people get more familiar with Craigs work. But if both flop critically & commercially no matter how much publicity is put into it then the fanbase will get even smaller (is that possible? I nuno)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   

Back to top Go down
 
6th album?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Gallery: Personal Album suggestions/questions
» RUGER ALBUM
» photobucket not working???
» How to post pictures from your personal album
» Watermelon woes - is there hope?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: The Vines :: General Discussion-
Jump to: