HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Wicked Nature

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 24
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:32 am

I'm not going to comment on whatever this argument is about because I have no place in doing so, but 1969, the "asshole" comment was uncalled for in this environment. I'll delete any further loaded argumentation, especially if it moves away from the topic of threads and into outside-of-the-forum territory. But by the same token, I'm not going to be used as a pawn in whatever arguments happen by being coerced into regulating what you say about each other. Jared, don't imply I should take action on 1969's post if you're only doing so while furthering the argument. If anybody has an issue with anybody's post, direct message me - don't fuel the fire even more. I'm not here to get involved with arguments, okay, guys? These threads are a positive place for discussion about The Vines, not a personal battle ground.

Basically, play nice, you guys and if you want to argue about personal issues, do it elsewhere.

-

Back on topic, I think Into the Fire would work well as a single. But maybe I'm biased because it's one of my favourites. Razz

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
1969

avatar

Posts : 43
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 27
Location : Melbourne

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:46 am

Jared541 wrote:
@1969 wow..personal attacking someone online. Last time I checked that was cyber bullying right vines forum moderators? Pretty sure I took that vines song off YouTube a long time ago but either way, as someone who was a regular on the old forum I'm disappointed that a vines forum is just another place where you can get personally attacked on the internet. Surely vines fans, who most can relate to Craig's life of feeling alone and on the outer, would be a bit more sensitive to others feelings.

You're hilarious. I went out and purchased the Japan CD for Future Primitive with the intention of getting the bonus tracks in high quality so I could share it with JUST The Vines fans. Yes, a little gift for the loyal members of this forum. I told you not to share it anywhere else as it was a gift for people on the forum.

What do you do? You upload it to YouTube. After contacting you numerous times (and other people contacting you) you completely ignore any requests. Not even a "Sorry I'll take it down", instead you just ignore everyone and selfishly leave it up there (it was up for at least a year and a half last time I checked). Such a dick move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:33 am

No more grudges on here please, m'kay. I don't have the power to temporarily ban forum members but I can delete posts on here if this gets too out of hand.

------------

Any whom, Craig is currently on Double J talking about the new album right now.

http://doublej.net.au/

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Jamola

avatar

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 23
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:57 am

If anyone has the lyrics it would be great if they can post them anywhere. Being a non-native English speaker makes it really challenging to understand what Craig sings.

My favorite song so far is 'Ladybug'. Really like the vibe of it, eventhough is kind of repetitive. Actually, most of the songs lack real creativity in terms of riffs variation. But still, the record is pretty good and it has many great songs that I would love to hear live.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
platinum



Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-11-05
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:50 am

Ladybug is such a jam! I love how the little guitar part leads into the verse, such a highlight of the song. I also really like the vocal delivery on this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy24



Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:42 am

Just in case any one was wondering. I got my vinyl of the album today.
Also loving the new album.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 24
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Me too! Very Happy (I got my CD and t-shirt in the mail today!)

Also agree with what you guys were saying about Ladybug.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
platinum



Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-11-05
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:28 pm

I've said that I really liked disc one better than disc two. I stand by that.



HOWEVER


Funny Thing stand out so, so much to me. The reason? The lyrics are personal. I love most The Vines songs, but most of the lyrics are just vague nothingness, there only to compliment the melodies and music. This is the first time that I really feel Craig put his personal emotions into a song, and it just hits me so hard. Kind of a Weezer approach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Kitty wrote:


Any whom, Craig is currently on Double J talking about the new album right now.

http://doublej.net.au/

Anyone happen to record this or have a link where I might be able to listen (in the UK)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:59 pm

platinum wrote:
I've said that I really liked disc one better than disc two. I stand by that.



HOWEVER


Funny Thing stand out so, so much to me. The reason? The lyrics are personal. I love most The Vines songs, but most of the lyrics are just vague nothingness, there only to compliment the melodies and music. This is the first time that I really feel Craig put his personal emotions into a song, and it just hits me so hard. Kind of a Weezer approach.

For me it's the standout track of both discs. I've had it on repeat for days now. The more I listen, the more I depth I hear in the song - that's what I love about The Vines. On the way home from work this evening I was listening to Autumn Shade and every now and then I pick out a tiny thing buried somewhere deep in the harmonies that I haven't picked out before and it gives the song a whole new life. I love that about the vines.

I wouldn't say that the rest of The Vines lyrics are a nothingness. In fact I would say that is a tad dismissive. Can you honestly say you feel nothing from the lyrics of, say Country Yard, Take Me Back, A Girl I Knew or Truth?

At the moment I like disc 2 more than disc 1. I stand by that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VisionValley

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:50 am

Funny Thing is definitely the best song across the 2 discs. It was so awesome to hear it played on Double J radio yesterday at the end of Craig's interview. I really hope they go with this song as as single.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:59 am

thelivingvines wrote:
Kitty wrote:


Any whom, Craig is currently on Double J talking about the new album right now.

http://doublej.net.au/

Anyone happen to record this or have a link where I might be able to listen (in the UK)?

You can listen here:

http://doublej.net.au/programs/lunch-myf/the-vines (Even though it expires in a couple of days, any of us should try and transcribe it.)

Edit: I found this as well

4shared.com/music/L7fMp0_4ba/Craig_Nicholls_-double_J_wicke.html

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
platinum



Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-11-05
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:54 am

thelivingvines wrote:
platinum wrote:
I've said that I really liked disc one better than disc two. I stand by that.



HOWEVER


Funny Thing stand out so, so much to me. The reason? The lyrics are personal. I love most The Vines songs, but most of the lyrics are just vague nothingness, there only to compliment the melodies and music. This is the first time that I really feel Craig put his personal emotions into a song, and it just hits me so hard. Kind of a Weezer approach.

For me it's the standout track of both discs. I've had it on repeat for days now. The more I listen, the more I depth I hear in the song - that's what I love about The Vines. On the way home from work this evening I was listening to Autumn Shade and every now and then I pick out a tiny thing buried somewhere deep in the harmonies that I haven't picked out before and it gives the song a whole new life. I love that about the vines.


I wouldn't say that the rest of The Vines lyrics are a nothingness. In fact I would say that is a tad dismissive. Can you honestly say you feel nothing from the lyrics of, say Country Yard, Take Me Back, A Girl I Knew or Truth?

At the moment I like disc 2 more than disc 1. I stand by that.

There are a few songs here and there that have some solid lyrics, though none of them seemed quite as personal as Funny Thing.

I actually do think it could be a great next single. Craig, if you learn how to use the internet and read this post, make Funny Thing the next single. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:36 pm

platinum wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:
platinum wrote:
I've said that I really liked disc one better than disc two. I stand by that.



HOWEVER


Funny Thing stand out so, so much to me. The reason? The lyrics are personal. I love most The Vines songs, but most of the lyrics are just vague nothingness, there only to compliment the melodies and music. This is the first time that I really feel Craig put his personal emotions into a song, and it just hits me so hard. Kind of a Weezer approach.

For me it's the standout track of both discs. I've had it on repeat for days now. The more I listen, the more I depth I hear in the song - that's what I love about The Vines. On the way home from work this evening I was listening to Autumn Shade and every now and then I pick out a tiny thing buried somewhere deep in the harmonies that I haven't picked out before and it gives the song a whole new life. I love that about the vines.


I wouldn't say that the rest of The Vines lyrics are a nothingness. In fact I would say that is a tad dismissive. Can you honestly say you feel nothing from the lyrics of, say Country Yard, Take Me Back, A Girl I Knew or Truth?

At the moment I like disc 2 more than disc 1. I stand by that.

There are a few songs here and there that have some solid lyrics, though none of them seemed quite as personal as Funny Thing.

I actually do think it could be a great next single. Craig, if you learn how to use the internet and read this post, make Funny Thing the next single. bounce

Try this:

http://thevines.com/contact/

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
platinum



Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-11-05
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:34 am

I went to my local newbury comics today...they didn't have it in stock either. Sad. I already own the album, but it's just the principle of the thing!!!!


and has anyone attempted to contact the band via that link yet? wonder if you'd get responses
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coloradoVINE



Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: thoughts....   Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:45 am

I've been here before, but not in a LONG TIME.

Was In on the first albums, and watched the progression of subsequent albums kinda, umm, unhappily. From best to very good to ok to ok But to kinda embarassing, well, you know...Posted some and then only read, and then well, didn't read Vines forums for a long time cause well, there wasn't anything.

But listening to the new album, NOW...!...Fuck Yeh!, The Vines **really** -ARE- Back!!!!!!!!!! I really didn't expect much, what with all going on and all, really kind of expected to be totally disappointed, but INSTEAD...I am blown away. Far freaking out!!!!

Good Enough. Out of the Loop. Rave It. Girl I Want. Darkest Shadow, these are up there with the best Vines songs of All Time. WOW! I am so amazed and happily tripped out and shit.

Oh my god Craig, I am so happy you made this album! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Oh and by the way, unlike most of you who seem to be 20-something, well, I'm 50-something!

The Vines should play in Colorado and do all sorts of legal Things.

Bye, and Thank You Vines!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelivingvines



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:05 am

Kitty wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:
Kitty wrote:


Any whom, Craig is currently on Double J talking about the new album right now.

http://doublej.net.au/

Anyone happen to record this or have a link where I might be able to listen (in the UK)?

You can listen here:

http://doublej.net.au/programs/lunch-myf/the-vines (Even though it expires in a couple of days, any of us should try and transcribe it.)

Edit: I found this as well

4shared.com/music/L7fMp0_4ba/Craig_Nicholls_-double_J_wicke.html

Splendid. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 24
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:37 am

Kate, you're a legend for finding those links! Very Happy And so is the person who uploaded the interview to 4Shared. Awesome!


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Howl

avatar

Posts : 202
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Daydream Nation

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Eeeep! TripleJ played GIRL I WANT! Does that mean this is the next single? I hope so. Was kind of expecting it to be, and it does meld the rock/softer elements of the band together, so it's a good choice. I hope they play it/them more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
VisionValley

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:17 pm

The Vines tonight tweeted a link to 'Girl I Want' on SoundCloud.

I'm pretty sure it will be the next single!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:22 pm

VisionValley wrote:
The Vines tonight tweeted a link to 'Girl I Want' on SoundCloud.

I'm pretty sure it will be the next single!

I hope for a music video for it as well.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 24
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Here's hoping Triple J play more from the album. cheers

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Koala Owl

avatar

Posts : 100
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Treetop Lookout

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:28 am

bounce This forum has turned from grey stone into a GREEEEEEN GREEEEEEEN UTOPIAAAAH! Thank goddness cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Masterman

avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-02-28
Age : 29
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:48 pm

hey guys, does anyone have the lyrics? They come with the album?
(Here in Argentina it's practically impossible to get the album u.u)
I'm interested in:

Out the loop.
Everything else.
Killin the planet.
Slightly alien.
Into the fire.
Darkest shadow.

Oh, damn, I want the whole songs lyrics.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/MxAxSxTxExRxxMxAxN
VisionValley

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:54 am

Guys....I have a new favourite song off Wicked Nature! It's 'Girl I Want'.

I'm not sure why I didn't pay more attention to it earlier but I've been listening to it non stop for the past couple of days and it's the perfect Vines song.

Please please please make it the next single!

Also, the song 'Wicked Nature' is another of my new favs.

Overall, I'm liking this album more and more with every listen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Wicked Nature   

Back to top Go down
 
Wicked Nature
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Missing from Warrens Hall Nature Reserve UPDATE
» Nature always finds a way!
» RSPB Love Nature Week
» Ca'n Picafort, Son Baulo beach and nature reserve walk
» using stuff found in nature

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: The Vines :: General Discussion-
Jump to: