The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?

Go down 
+8
fansofcraig
MrPiddles
Paranoid123
Bwadi
Lloyd55555
platinum
Anysound
Kitty
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitty

Kitty

If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? Empty
PostSubject: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 3:59 pm

I thought about putting together a questionnaire to send to Craig on behalf of The Vines Official Forum. Perhaps ask questions that your don't usually see in music interviews. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Anysound

Anysound

If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Ohh, good thread topic!

I am very lucky because I got to do an email interview with Lachlan and Tim and the question I wanted to ask most, as a Vines fan, is about whether or not there's peace between them and The Vines' outgoing members/old lineup. Proooobaaaably more than a little bit of a touchy subject and kind of a risque question considering the band have kept the exact reasons for the band's split very coded and quiet, but I figured, "When else will I get this opportunity?" Hoping they'll answer that question, and a couple of the other more risque questions I asked. I wanted to ask some questions that hadn't been asked in other interviews with them, which all ask pretty much the same questions, and as a fan I feel like I had some insight into the band's situation that other writers might not. I want this interview to be more satisfying to fans like me, so I risked some touchy questions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
platinum

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 5:49 pm

My questions would probably come off as rude, because they're real questions, not fluffy ones like "so, you toured Japan in 2006, how was that!?" haha.

I'd want to know what Craig considers his finest work, what album he considers his worst. Possibly if he has any regrets on his material, and if he has any moments of "wow, I made that?! it's so good, i could never repeat that!"
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 7:51 am

I'm guessing you were thinking more one question each but... I have a few!

What happened to the studio outtakes and home demos album/album recorded with the old members? Were they the same thing and was it just rerecorded with the new members as Wicked Nature?

What would the second half of Wicked Nature have been called if it was released on its own?

Would you ever consider rerecording old songs like Hot Leather, Landslide, Take a Sunday, Down at the Club and Don’t Go, even just for bonus tracks/b-sides or an EP?

How many albums do you think The Vines would have released by now had you called the shots?

Now that you’re on your own label, how regularly do you plan to release albums?

Would you ever (get someone computer savvy to) put up some of your acoustic demos (that you don’t intend to record in the studio) online for the fans so that they have something to listen to between album releases?

What happened to the side project album you were working on a couple of years back?

That is all for now!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thesharpears
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 9:21 am

alien For Craig:

1. Craig, do you have any favorite planets or other features/objects from outer space?

2. Craig, do you ever go to the Zoo? What are your favorite animals? Favorite wild animal?elephant

3. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names and their characteristics?

4. Do you have a family member you are close with and confide in for feedback on music and art?

5. Do you have a favorite home cooked meal? Do you have a favorite restaurant to eat at?

6. How do you know when to let go of something or someone?

7. Do you/have you ever wanted a telescope? Have you ever looked through one at the moon or elsewhere? What did you see/feel?study

:bball:For The Vines:

1. What is your favorite Vines album artwork? What album covers in the history of music are your favorites?

2. What is a rehearsal session like for The Vines? Is the space dimly lit? Are there rope lights and decorations? Does the band eat and drink together? If so, what kind of food and drink?

3. Do you play/watch any sports? I like footy (soccer), what do you think of soccer teams?lol!

4. If The Vines covered a stone temple pilot song, which one would they attempt (assuming Craig is still into STP Love ).

5. Where is your favorite place to holiday? Have you ever been camping in a tent? Or alternatively, would you rather stay in a hotel or a tent under the stars?

6. What is everyone's favorite punk bands?

More to follow... flower afro
Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 10:18 am

cyclops cyclops cyclops

CONTINUED:

Craig, do you believe in UFO's, ghosts, or other supernatural phenomena?

The Vines, if you could make a "Best Of The Vines" album, which 12-15 Vines tunes would be on it?

pig Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 11:17 am

^Whoa that's a lot of questions, I better start typing a word document for this.
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 1:07 pm

Koala Owl wrote:
cyclops cyclops cyclops

CONTINUED:

Craig, do you believe in UFO's, ghosts, or other supernatural phenomena?

Good choice!

I would also be interested to know if Craig likes Sex Pistols and/or the Ramones. And if he's heard of Irish musician Fionn Regan (if not, I highly recommend him to him!).

Oh and I'd like to know if he's into Babyshambles/Libertines!

And is Craig into stand-up comedy? If so, who are some of his favourites?
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Anysound wrote:
Ohh, good thread topic!

I am very lucky because I got to do an email interview with Lachlan and Tim and the question I wanted to ask most, as a Vines fan, is about whether or not there's peace between them and The Vines' outgoing members/old lineup. Proooobaaaably more than a little bit of a touchy subject and kind of a risque question considering the band have kept the exact reasons for the band's split very coded and quiet, but I figured, "When else will I get this opportunity?" Hoping they'll answer that question, and a couple of the other more risque questions I asked. I wanted to ask some questions that hadn't been asked in other interviews with them, which all ask pretty much the same questions, and as a fan I feel like I had some insight into the band's situation that other writers might not. I want this interview to be more satisfying to fans like me, so I risked some touchy questions.

Can you post it here on the forums when it finally gets published?
Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Kitty wrote:
^Whoa that's a lot of questions, I better start typing a word document for this.

Laughing Whoops! Let's just say I'm speaking on behalf of a dozen Vines fans without internet communications king Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 5:24 am

I have a few questions, I guess. I couldn't put them in the interview I did with Tim because they are more based around Craig & the events/material beforehand.

1. Now that you have your own label (Wicked Nature Music), would you ever consider re-issuing/re-releasing The Vines discography in limited edition? Colour vinyl/bonus discs (Zen Demos//B-sides//live recordings).

2. You've said in a few interviews before that you have an absolute heeeeap of songs, in the triple figures. Will they ever see a release? Maybe even on a massive box-set or something?

3. Where is this collaboration album with you & Nick Littlemore? Can you describe it to us what it sounds like at least?

4. What guitars do you have at home/during recording?

5. Do you still own the green Spalt & Scala 486 from the 'Winning Days' era?

& Yeah that's all I can think of
Back to top Go down
http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 1:06 pm

I'm kind of 50/50 on this, since I haven't had any response from the previous art project (then again, it was a very difficult period) and how management responded towards me.
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 8:53 am

Kitty wrote:

Can you post it here on the forums when it finally gets published?

Of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Now I definitely planning sending him all these questions. If he/management doesn't respond then it shouldn't as big of a deal right?
Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 9:45 pm

Yeah, and I just want them to have fun with these questions, no pressure! If we hear back, then GREAT! cheers
Back to top Go down
Paranoid123

Paranoid123

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 11:39 pm

1 - Favourite album of Radiohead ?
2 - If some day you'll like to use computer, you would join into this forum ? bounce
3 - Can i work with you in some music ? affraid
4 - like Portishead ?
5 - Have a good night Smile
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 5:06 am

I need help writing the cover letter. What stuff should we put in?
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 7:37 am

Kitty wrote:

Who are you addressing it to, his management?
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:48 am

Lloyd55555 wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Who are you addressing it to, his management?

I'll be sending it to him, c/o Parker and Mr French at their office in Sydney. I need some inspirational stuff to type out in the cover letter.
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:15 pm

Kitty wrote:
I'll be sending it to him, c/o Parker and Mr French at their office in Sydney. I need some inspirational stuff to type out in the cover letter.

Hmm, it's tricky I'll give you that! Did you have any ideas already, it might get the ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Lloyd55555 wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Hmm, it's tricky I'll give you that! Did you have any ideas already, it might get the ball rolling.

Not quite yet, I don't want it to be all mushy.
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Kitty wrote:
Not quite yet, I don't want it to be all mushy.

I know what you mean! Anyway, I've got a Word document going but I fear it might be somewhat cheesy! Having trouble finding the tone of the letter.
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Kitty, I sent you a PM of a rough cover letter. Thought it was best to only embarrass myself to one person first rather than the whole forum!
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 3:56 pm

Lloyd55555 wrote:
Kitty, I sent you a PM of a rough cover letter. Thought it was best to only embarrass myself to one person first rather than the whole forum!

That's okay, you wrote it better than I did.

Does anyone else have any more questions to ask?
Back to top Go down
MrPiddles

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 7:32 pm

Craig, no question here. Just a thank you. Thank you for allowing my ears to hear some of the best vocal harmonies ever created. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next