HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

  Little Things That Brighten Your Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 20
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Anysound wrote:
Being emailed wonderful Pearl Jam rarities as a Christmas present. Razz How come people online are so much nicer than 90% of the people I meet in "real life"?

Because the people in real life have shit taste in music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 23
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Highly Evolved wrote:

Because the people in real life have shit taste in music.

Hahah. Smile

_________________


Last.fm | Tumblr | Fuck Yeah The Verve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
omgwtf

avatar

Posts : 648
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 28
Location : Far away from everything good.

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:55 pm

That's me off work 'til Boxing Day. Get the fuck in! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.soundcloud.com/stobieboy
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 23
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:19 am

Richard Ashcroft

_________________


Last.fm | Tumblr | Fuck Yeah The Verve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 20
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:48 pm



Early christmas presents :3

NOW I HAVE BOTH TAME IMPALA ALBUMS!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Bekkkka

avatar

Posts : 121
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Highly Evolved wrote:


Early christmas presents :3

NOW I HAVE BOTH TAME IMPALA ALBUMS!!!!!!!!

Shocked
Oh my goodness!! That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/merryandpippen
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 23
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:51 am

Brady, you didn't have Innerspeaker before?! Some fan you are! Tut tut! Razz (Just kidding! That's an awesome haul - especially if that's only part of your present! Shocked )

_________________


Last.fm | Tumblr | Fuck Yeah The Verve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 20
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:50 am

Anysound wrote:
Brady, you didn't have Innerspeaker before?! Some fan you are! Tut tut! Razz (Just kidding! That's an awesome haul - especially if that's only part of your present! Shocked )

I only got into them just when 'Elephant' came out, I knew they existed but never listened to their stuff.

Even though I liked "Half Full Glass Of Wine" & "Desire Be Desire Go" without knowing they played it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 23
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Highly Evolved wrote:

I only got into them just when 'Elephant' came out, I knew they existed but never listened to their stuff.

Even though I liked "Half Full Glass Of Wine" & "Desire Be Desire Go" without knowing they played it.

Ohh okay, that's okay then, I forgive you. Razz

_________________


Last.fm | Tumblr | Fuck Yeah The Verve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 20
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:50 pm

Anysound wrote:
Ohh okay, that's okay then, I forgive you. Razz

Haven't you ever got that with a song/band? know a song by them but you don't know who it's by or what it's called? Then a few years after you finally find out by coincidence of listening to that specific band or just clicking on it in youtube suggestions.

I got it with Clubfoot by Kasabian
Every Pendulum single ever released -_-
Jellylegs by Children Collide
& Shamefully enough...He's A Rocker (I forgot about The Vines around 2007 when "Anysound" stopped playing on rage)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Bekkkka

avatar

Posts : 121
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:31 am

In Utero and Bleach work everytime




Merry Christmas Australians and Scottishians!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/merryandpippen
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 23
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:34 am

Highly Evolved wrote:

Haven't you ever got that with a song/band? know a song by them but you don't know who it's by or what it's called? Then a few years after you finally find out by coincidence of listening to that specific band or just clicking on it in youtube suggestions.

I got it with Clubfoot by Kasabian
Every Pendulum single ever released -_-
Jellylegs by Children Collide
& Shamefully enough...He's A Rocker (I forgot about The Vines around 2007 when "Anysound" stopped playing on rage)

Yeah, that happens to me all the time! Smile

Bekkkka wrote:

Merry Christmas Australians and Scottishians!

Merry Christmas, Pennsylvanians! Razz More specifically, Merry Christmas, Bekka! Hug

_________________


Last.fm | Tumblr | Fuck Yeah The Verve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Bekkkka

avatar

Posts : 121
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:16 am

Anysound wrote:

Merry Christmas, Pennsylvanians! Razz More specifically, Merry Christmas, Bekka! Hug

Thank you, Elenitaaa Smile

Any new song recs?? I loveed all the ones you prescribed me cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/merryandpippen
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 23
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:48 am

Bekkkka wrote:

Thank you, Elenitaaa Smile

Any new song recs?? I loveed all the ones you prescribed me cheers

Eeee, yay! cheers Uhmm, try Marblehead Johnson by The Bluetones, and Going For Gold by Shed Seven. Smile

_________________


Last.fm | Tumblr | Fuck Yeah The Verve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
omgwtf

avatar

Posts : 648
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 28
Location : Far away from everything good.

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:26 pm

I haven't heard that Shed Seven song in years. It's a great tune.

Currently listening to The Subway's debut album and it's filled with the most priceless nostalgia. They were the first ever band I saw live back in 2005. When they came here, they played in a tiny venue that was only supposed to hold 100 people, but somehow, there was over 200 of us crammed inside bouncing around like there was no tomorrow. Not entirely sure how that worked out, but it was probably the best first gig you could've asked for. It had the lot, it really did. Crowd surfing, jumping off of the speakers into the crowd and a stage invasion during the encore! Fuck me, that was a good night. Laughing

The singer actually used to post on the old Vines' forum years ago, but he stopped after he made it big. Looking back, I can see that this album's heavily influenced by The Vines, so maybe that's why I have such fond memories of it. It's genuinely an epic 40 minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.soundcloud.com/stobieboy
Bekkkka

avatar

Posts : 121
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:17 am

Anysound wrote:


Eeee, yay! cheers Uhmm, try Marblehead Johnson by The Bluetones, and Going For Gold by Shed Seven. Smile

Hi, my loveee! I reaally liked Marblehead Johnson....but Shed Seven reminds me too much of Oasis mixed with REM and I can't really connect with them. Not saying I don't like Oasis (I can't recall how many times I've listened to Morning Glory in my car) but they only have a few songs I truly connect with (like Songbird and She's Electric--both remind me of you). Oasis for me is like the Kooks for you (maybe?) and REM just aren't my type.
Pleasssee, Queen of Britpop don't kill me Razz Just kidding, thank you sooo much for the recommendations.
If I have one to rec to you, it'd be Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks bc that songs makes me feel good like you do Love


omgwtf wrote:

Currently listening to The Subway's debut album and it's filled with the most priceless nostalgia. They were the first ever band I saw live back in 2005. When they came here, they played in a tiny venue that was only supposed to hold 100 people, but somehow, there was over 200 of us crammed inside bouncing around like there was no tomorrow. Not entirely sure how that worked out, but it was probably the best first gig you could've asked for. It had the lot, it really did. Crowd surfing, jumping off of the speakers into the crowd and a stage invasion during the encore! Fuck me, that was a good night. Laughing

The singer actually used to post on the old Vines' forum years ago, but he stopped after he made it big. Looking back, I can see that this album's heavily influenced by The Vines, so maybe that's why I have such fond memories of it. It's genuinely an epic 40 minutes.

wooah, I use to love the Subways....I had no idea Billy Lunn use to post on the old forum. Any chance you remember his forum name so I can go stalk his posts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/merryandpippen
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 23
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Bekkkka wrote:

Hi, my loveee! I reaally liked Marblehead Johnson....but Shed Seven reminds me too much of Oasis mixed with REM and I can't really connect with them. Not saying I don't like Oasis (I can't recall how many times I've listened to Morning Glory in my car) but they only have a few songs I truly connect with (like Songbird and She's Electric--both remind me of you). Oasis for me is like the Kooks for you (maybe?) and REM just aren't my type.
Pleasssee, Queen of Britpop don't kill me Razz Just kidding, thank you sooo much for the recommendations.
If I have one to rec to you, it'd be Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks bc that songs makes me feel good like you do Love

Haha awh that's totally okay. I don't mind at all, and understand completely. Not everyone can like everything, even people with similar tastes in music. Smile I won't kill you. Razz

And ohh haven't you seen on my blog/Twitter how I've been listening to The Kinks a lot lately? Very Happy Waterloo Sunset is my favourite of all their songs I've heard (which is - comparatively to their entire discography - not many). I honestly adore it. And beyond that, I absolutely fell in love with the rendition Ray Davies did at the Olympics Closing Ceremony. Love

_________________


Last.fm | Tumblr | Fuck Yeah The Verve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
omgwtf

avatar

Posts : 648
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 28
Location : Far away from everything good.

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:47 pm

You haven't listened to much of The Kinks? Wow. For someone that takes pride in listening to British bands, it's beyond me that you're not that familiar with them. Next you'll be saying that you don't know Pink Floyd. Very Happy

As for Billy Lunn, the old forum we all used to post on doesn't exist anymore and even if it did, I'd be amazed if I could remember a username from 2003.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.soundcloud.com/stobieboy
Anysound

avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 23
Location : Berlin

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:30 am

omgwtf wrote:
You haven't listened to much of The Kinks? Wow. For someone that takes pride in listening to British bands, it's beyond me that you're not that familiar with them. Next you'll be saying that you don't know Pink Floyd. Very Happy

... I haven't listened to much Pink Floyd. Embarassed I know, I know! It's terrible. There are quite a few gaps in my library when it comes to "staple" British bands, not for any other reason except the fact I can't afford their discography. When I get into bands, I like to do it thoroughly, you know?

_________________


Last.fm | Tumblr | Fuck Yeah The Verve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 20
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:17 am

Tame Impala in town in April/May, with Groovin' AND sideshows

AW YISSSSS
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Suzy

avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2011-11-01
Location : The Best Place in the World

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:51 pm

My Mother is now 72 shuuush! It is a secret!
She just met a lady she thought was around 80
but found out she was really 91. My Mum said
"She is old enough to be her Mother".

I should do something special for Mum since she
is missing her Mother - gone for about 17 years now.

Any Ideas? Note: she is living in another state so
it has to been something to cheer her long distance.
or by mail... I do have some pictures my Grandma
gave me from my Mother's childhood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
Suzy

avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2011-11-01
Location : The Best Place in the World

PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Little Things That Brighten Your Day   

Back to top Go down
 
Little Things That Brighten Your Day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Similar topics
-
» Sigh, bad things come in dozens...
» Scorpions guarding some white rock things?
» Things to grow on a trellis during cool season besides peas?
» Doing 'funny' things with live pitviper [Mamushi, Gloydius sp.]
» Why Do Dogs Roll In Smelly Things?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: Off Topic :: Completely Off Topic-
Jump to: