The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New members?

Go down 
+29
Lloyd55555
Bwadi
Thinkhappythoughts67
Sexhair
stormboy
Koala Owl
Suzy
chacha
borgy
alex84
beege
Hilton
luuana
Howl
Rusty
Rimma
CandyFlippinGirl
Livbeke
Jessica
VisionValley
on_safari
julian
(((A Name)))
anaobrad
freak
Kitty
Anysound
fender101
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Suzy

Suzy

New members? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:11 pm

chacha wrote:
fender101 wrote:
chacha wrote:
fender101 wrote:
aslong as craig's still writting music im still supporting and listning to it ! Very Happy

THIS!

we all should do the same, if craig can keep carrying on writting great songs for almost a decade now with lineup changes in the past then he will do it AGAIN! Very Happy, The Vines could just consist of craig and maybe a few session musicans in the studio that still in my opinion is another great album, the only replacement i'd ever fear is the man craig nicholls himself!

Definitely agree. We all know Craig is the sole writer of The Vines music anyway...sure the others contribute, but as long as Craig is writing and he's happy....then i really shouldn't winge & complain.

As you said Kitty, really the fear would come if Craig stopped writing & releasing music. I could never see that happening though to be honest, he loves writing music too much. But you never know, he writes ALL the time....the day may or will come when his music won't see the light of day. THEN we can all have our nervous breakdowns! Blink

Glad to see you guys back on track! I want to say "Happy Holidays to you all here on the forum, to Jess, the band and former band members" Rest up! I'm sure this next year will bring alot of great music and exciting tours ( to the US! ) and looking forward to the release of Craig's personal stuff - Not sure what to call it - just know it will be great! Although I am quite happy with Future Primitive and still trying to learn all the words. I store the sound easily but have a hard time separating voice/words so written lyrics are a must for me! xoxo, Suzy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
fender101

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:21 am

it's not like our negative opinon's matter in what seems like a tough time for the band, the band and their management will have their own appropiate way of dealing with it Smile. fan's are here to express their love and support for the music and what would be a better time then now to show them that all of us are still here eagerly awaiting the next masterpeice! Very Happy long live craig nicholls and the vines to whoever may come and go over the years Wink, i wish i had the chance to tell them how much i appreciate their music and their performances when i had the chance!, maybe next year a boy can dream!
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:34 am

Their next gig is at Southbound in Perth, maybe there would more information about it.
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
CandyFlippinGirl

CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Lloyd55555 wrote:
I don't say much on this forum despite being a huge fan, but in my opinion, I think people need to calm down and realise that musically, the change isn't that big of a deal. Highly Evolved was recorded as a three-piece (although there were many session drummers) and I think that's their best record, it's flawless. Everyone knows Craig is the driving force of the band and although it's sad that Hamish and Ryan are gone, musically I don't think there is gunna be a huge difference. I mean, Hamish is a solid drummer but he's not particularly technical, that's the beauty of the Vines, the songs are simple but effective. The band needs to know that they have support from their fans no matter what they decide, they don't deserve all the bitching that's going on. Lets not forget that Craig was the only original member left anyway and that they survived the loss of Patrick and made 3 more great records. And if worst comes to worst and they decide to call it a day (fingers crossed they don't), then we can still find comfort in the fact that they made 5 great albums that will be there anytime we want for our listening pleasure. Also, even if they do break up, Craig isn't the sort of person to give up on music as it is far too important to him and he would most likely put out some amazing solo albums should the worst case scenario for the Vines present itself. All we can do is hope they do what is best for them personally and that we haven't heard the last of Craig's songwriting efforts.

Finally someone who is thinking & feeling the same as me!!! Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!! I totally agree!!
Let's just show ALL our Luv & Support to The Vines no matter what they decide to do..They deserve to have loyal fans that support them through all the decisions they make..The highs and the Lows!! I'm in till the end!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Hope fully Craig won't go down The Fall path like Mark E. Smith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Fall_members
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:39 pm

Kitty wrote:
Their next gig is at Southbound in Perth, maybe there would more information about it.

Date? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:03 am

freak wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Date? Neutral

8th of January
Back to top Go down
enemyofthehumanrace

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:20 am

Ive been out walking, I dont do too much talking these days

I grew up, I sold out (job - the SOB)

I loved the Vines in 2002 - just started out in college (that old bastard). I fucked up my right ear playing guitar along to Get Free on the stereo (it really is screwed).

Anyway, I still hold Craig as a musician in high esteem - I'll always be interested in his stuff. It always has an edge. He clearly loves music and keeps on putting new stuff out there, and for those who also love music, that isnt so bad is it.

Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:34 am

enemyofthehumanrace wrote:
Ive been out walking, I dont do too much talking these days

I grew up, I sold out (job - the SOB)

I loved the Vines in 2002 - just started out in college (that old bastard). I fucked up my right ear playing guitar along to Get Free on the stereo (it really is screwed).

Anyway, I still hold Craig as a musician in high esteem - I'll always be interested in his stuff. It always has an edge. He clearly loves music and keeps on putting new stuff out there, and for those who also love music, that isnt so bad is it.

Glad to see you! Sorry about the ear, but a good story for the grandkids one day. Walking is a good way to gain some peace so I must share mine
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
CherryWaves

CherryWaves

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:05 am

so, there no news about what's happening to the band?

Ok, bye.
Back to top Go down
http://temptwithhoursofpleasure.tumblr.com/
xermiona

xermiona

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Well there is something I read on Tumblr an hour ago and I'm feeling rather frustrated:

http://futuretardedx.tumblr.com/post/15786614196/oh-my-fucking-god

If anyone has difficulties opening the link, here is what it says:

Quote :
MY FRIEND MET MILES KANE AND HIS BAND +++ THE VINES!!!!
The Vines are looking for a new drummer and they’re gonna call him!!
He shook hands with MATT FUCKING HELDERS and said ‘good show mate’.
He had a few cigarettes with Miles and his band and The Vines!

HOLY FUUUUCK!!

Some user named lackingin-tabasco posted it. Does anybody know if this is genuine?
As I said earlier in the comment under that post...This is what happens when your sole source for news around your favourite band is mainly random people on the internet.
Back to top Go down
http://futuretardedx.tumblr.com/
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:51 am

Shocked I guess we'll have to wait and see. But yeah, I wish we had a more reliable news source. I wish the Vines were so big that every little piece of news had an article on a music news/ magazine website (say, like every tweet Liam Gallagher makes Rolling Eyes ).
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:40 pm

xermiona wrote:
Well there is something I read on Tumblr an hour ago and I'm feeling rather frustrated:

http://futuretardedx.tumblr.com/post/15786614196/oh-my-fucking-god

If anyone has difficulties opening the link, here is what it says:

Quote :
MY FRIEND MET MILES KANE AND HIS BAND +++ THE VINES!!!!
The Vines are looking for a new drummer and they’re gonna call him!!
He shook hands with MATT FUCKING HELDERS and said ‘good show mate’.
He had a few cigarettes with Miles and his band and The Vines!

HOLY FUUUUCK!!

Some user named lackingin-tabasco posted it. Does anybody know if this is genuine?
As I said earlier in the comment under that post...This is what happens when your sole source for news around your favourite band is mainly random people on the internet.

Well it's better than having no news at all.
Back to top Go down
anaobrad

anaobrad

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:49 am

http://auzzie560.tumblr.com/post/15823880110

the post from the guy she was talking about. I feel so fucking lame trying to piece together The Vines story through tumblr and twitter. this is getting ridiculous
Back to top Go down
http://the-vines.tumblr.com
Treestar

Treestar

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:10 am

It just seems like they're not decided on a drummer. So there's no announcements yet. I'm guessing they're checking out whatever aussies are up for grabs right now. Not sure if they can grab someone from overseas. Is it hard to get a visa to live there?
Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:43 am

bounce Good, I'm glad the Vines truck is still a-rollin'! Love

I still retain hope that we all will eventually be told why Ryu & Hammish left/were axed. No

Quote :
I wish the Vines were so big that every little piece of news had an article on a music news/ magazine website (say, like every tweet Liam Gallagher makes ).

affraid I know, me too Hug They used to be SO well-documented back in 2001-2004. The press no longer have love for the Vines? Blink

AND...
Wouldn't if be crazy (futuretarded) if Craig came on the internet and tweeted!?? Didn't he always used to claim to hardly ever use the computer and never uses the internet? If he tweeted regularly, I would certainly disappear into a viney-nerd-vortex-blackhole forever Love
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Koala Owl wrote:

I still retain hope that we all will eventually be told why Ryu & Hammish left/were axed. No

Me too. On one hand I feel kind of like a stalker for wanting to know but on the other hand I think: well come on, don't we deserve to know? It's not like I want to know the intricate details, and even if they just say it's for "personal reasons/ conflicts/ whatever" at least we would know (and know not to press the issue any further). *Sigh* I don't know.

Koala Owl wrote:

affraid I know, me too Hug They used to be SO well-documented back in 2001-2004. The press no longer have love for the Vines? Blink

AND...
Wouldn't if be crazy (futuretarded) if Craig came on the internet and tweeted!?? Didn't he always used to claim to hardly ever use the computer and never uses the internet? If he tweeted regularly, I would certainly disappear into a viney-nerd-vortex-blackhole forever Love

It's sad, I know. Sad And hahah yeah, I have often wondered what types of things he would tweet if he got a Twitter. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New members?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next