The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New members?

Go down 
+29
Lloyd55555
Bwadi
Thinkhappythoughts67
Sexhair
stormboy
Koala Owl
Suzy
chacha
borgy
alex84
beege
Hilton
luuana
Howl
Rusty
Rimma
CandyFlippinGirl
Livbeke
Jessica
VisionValley
on_safari
julian
(((A Name)))
anaobrad
freak
Kitty
Anysound
fender101
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Livbeke

Livbeke

New members? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:05 am

Rusty wrote:
I suppose the name of the band should be something like Craig Nicholls & His Temporary Satellites Whom He Kicks Out Whenever He Gets Bored With Them

Haha I think Craig no matter whatever band name he plays under, either it's The Craig Nicholls Band or The Vines, will always play the same music, that's why I like love him ... of course it'd suck if he kicked Hamish and Ryan out of the band though Evil or Very Mad

We will have to wait for Hamish and Ryan to form their own bands and see what happens ...

Back to top Go down
Howl

Howl

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:12 am

This has got to be a publicity stunt, right? It's a desperate attempt for the band to make headlines like "derange Craig Nicholls fires two thirds of his band, including a founding member" etc... IT'S ALL A BIG MARKETING PLOY, RIGHT??!?!??!!

Regardless, I want to slap Craig in the face. I love him dearly and his music is of incomparable importance to me, but I just can't understand how he could supposedly do something like this and not at least issue a statement to his fans.

...... I can't imagine The Vines with Hamish or Ryan. It reminds the recent reformation of Hole. If it's just Courtney Love and none of the other original members, it's not really Hole - it's just Courtney Love playing Hole songs. Even though Craig may be the primary songwriter, we don't know The Vines without Hamish (and since Ryan joined the band so early, we can pretty much say he was there from the beginning). Without those two, it's just not right.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:57 am

Well, I'm glad I'm not alone in my thoughts. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:01 am

Howl wrote:
This has got to be a publicity stunt, right? It's a desperate attempt for the band to make headlines like "derange Craig Nicholls fires two thirds of his band, including a founding member" etc... IT'S ALL A BIG MARKETING PLOY, RIGHT??!?!??!!
Do you really think that Craig would stoop to something so low??

Howl wrote:
Even though Craig may be the primary songwriter, we don't know The Vines without Hamish (and since Ryan joined the band so early, we can pretty much say he was there from the beginning). Without those two, it's just not right.
This is the end of an era, that's for sure...
So sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Howl

Howl

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:04 am

Rusty wrote:
Howl wrote:

I actually don't think he would. I'm just trying to think of a situation where Hamsish and Ryan might return. I'd love for it to be a publicity stunt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
anaobrad

anaobrad

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 am

Howl wrote:

...... I can't imagine The Vines with Hamish or Ryan. It reminds the recent reformation of Hole. If it's just Courtney Love and none of the other original members, it's not really Hole - it's just Courtney Love playing Hole songs. Even though Craig may be the primary songwriter, we don't know The Vines without Hamish (and since Ryan joined the band so early, we can pretty much say he was there from the beginning). Without those two, it's just not right.

Shocked

Yeah, I definitely agree with the Hole statement....it feels like the band loses something just thinking of Hamish and Ryan not being there.....and that something is massive :-(

I really believe there must be good reason behind the split though...The Vines have been a huge part of Hamish and Ryan's life for too long for them to have had a fight NOW, after all the massive dramas, and split. Its so depressing though Crying or Very sad I mean, we've seen pictures of Ryan and Craig together from childhood! They were best friends.
Back to top Go down
http://the-vines.tumblr.com
CandyFlippinGirl

CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:36 pm

It's totally obvious that Ryan and Hamish were a major part of The Vines and it's really difficult to comprehend that they aren't going to be a part of the band anymore..Their sudden departure really broke my heart..However speculation, anger or even blame is not going to change the situation!! Therefore I think it's really important to wait for the facts!!
Until I have all the facts and are aware of why this has happened, I WILL continue to support Craig, Brad and who ever else chooses to play along side them..That does not mean for one minute that I don't care about Hamish or Ryan cos I luv them dearly..It simply means that I refuse to stop supporting a band that I have ALWAYS BELIEVED IN, based on some internet reports, speculation and heresay!! We just don't know, there could be so much more to this than we realise!! WAITING FOR THE FACTS!!
Back to top Go down
luuana

luuana

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:01 pm

I'M FUCKING CRYING.

WTF ARE YOU GUYS SAYING? IS THAT GOOD? IT IS NOT.

FUCK YOU ALL

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
Back to top Go down
luuana

luuana

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:08 pm

wtf happened? did craig sack them out of the band? COULD SOMEONE JUST EXPLAIN THAT SHIT TO ME?
Back to top Go down
luuana

luuana

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:23 pm

"The band has made a creative decision to revert back to a three piece"

CREATIVE DECISION??

WILL PATRICK AND HAMISH BE BACK? No. SO IT IS NOT CREATIVE. I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine any fucking new guy doing Vines song except 'em. Sorry. I can't deal with that shit at least for now.
Back to top Go down
luuana

luuana

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:29 pm

AND ONCE AGAIN

THIS FORUM SUCKS

I want my Vines days back

why
why
why
why.

Back to top Go down
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:32 pm

luuana wrote:
AND ONCE AGAIN

THIS FORUM SUCKS

I want my Vines days back

why
why
why
why.

Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug
Back to top Go down
Hilton

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:01 pm

http://www.thevine.com.au/resources/IMGRELATED/HOMEBAKE-28_051211112226.jpg

Wonder when we will find out the news.....

Longs the vines keep going with Craigs songwriting I am happy and COME FOR UK TOUR SOON. Hopefully the others be in a new band we be able follow them as well. Maybe Ryan gone solo - he spoke of some songs before.
Back to top Go down
beege

beege

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:40 am

CandyFlippinGirl wrote:
It's totally obvious that Ryan and Hamish were a major part of The Vines and it's really difficult to comprehend that they aren't going to be a part of the band anymore..Their sudden departure really broke my heart..However speculation, anger or even blame is not going to change the situation!! Therefore I think it's really important to wait for the facts!!
Until I have all the facts and are aware of why this has happened, I WILL continue to support Craig, Brad and who ever else chooses to play along side them..That does not mean for one minute that I don't care about Hamish or Ryan cos I luv them dearly..It simply means that I refuse to stop supporting a band that I have ALWAYS BELIEVED IN, based on some internet reports, speculation and heresay!! We just don't know, there could be so much more to this than we realise!! WAITING FOR THE FACTS!!

Obviously you can't jump to conclusions, but if I had decided to buy a plane ticket from Texas to see 'the vines' and got there and saw one remaining original member, without any kind of knowledge beforehand, i'd be fuckin upset. This band doesnt care about their fans, no matter what they say. THIS forum should be the place to break news like this, to the people who give a shit. It's fucked up having to find out through some random ass twitter account.
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:38 am

beege wrote:

Obviously you can't jump to conclusions, but if I had decided to buy a plane ticket from Texas to see 'the vines' and got there and saw one remaining original member, without any kind of knowledge beforehand, i'd be fuckin upset. This band doesnt care about their fans, no matter what they say. THIS forum should be the place to break news like this, to the people who give a shit. It's fucked up having to find out through some random ass twitter account.

THANK YOU!
Back to top Go down
alex84

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Guys new to forum...been reading the forum for a long time now, been a fan of the band since highly Evolved single and been obsessed ever since, but i must say without knowing all the facts im really sad at the departure or sacking of Hamish and Ryan, i mean the way we found out was really low, No official statement just a rumour online that had to be confirmed by Jessica, i feel really let down and like someone said id be pissed if id bought a ticket traveled really far to see only one original member playing, its Just not on, even if they were not sacked communication would have been nice, which lacks when it comes to the story of the band.

i wish my first post was not a negative.
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:25 pm

alex84 wrote:
Hi Guys new to forum...been reading the forum for a long time now, been a fan of the band since highly Evolved single and been obsessed ever since, but i must say without knowing all the facts im really sad at the departure or sacking of Hamish and Ryan, i mean the way we found out was really low, No official statement just a rumour online that had to be confirmed by Jessica, i feel really let down and like someone said id be pissed if id bought a ticket traveled really far to see only one original member playing, its Just not on, even if they were not sacked communication would have been nice, which lacks when it comes to the story of the band.

I'm sorry, but once again, I have to agree.

I'm not blaming anybody... I'm just pretty upset, confused and sad...

Edit: Welcome Alex84 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
borgy

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:40 pm

It's just Craig & Brad now with some hipster on the drums. Which doesn't sound very bandy on paper, so i can't imagine it in the studio. The new music will be missing 2 original members input.

I wonder what happened to the new album (no. 6) then that was supposedly nearly completed? I'm going to assume it got scraped, unless that's now Hamish and Ryan's swan song album when it finally comes out.

Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:05 pm

luuana wrote:
I'M FUCKING CRYING.

FUCK YOU ALL

Awhh, Luana. Hug I'm so sorry, and I don't know what to say to make you feel better... No I know, this really sucks, and I know how much you love the band and how upset you must be, but stay strong. Hug Hug Hug

alex84 wrote:

Hey Alex, sorry your first post had to be one borne out of such sad circumstances, but welcome to the forum anyway. And don't worry about it being negative, we can't really expect much else at the moment haha.

I agree, I'm so sad about Ryan and Hamish and the way we found out is almost insulting. I can also understand completely about the whole travelling to see only one original member play.

But as much as I could say and be upset about, I'm still clinging on to hope and as part of that I'm still really hoping the statement that gets released will clear a lot up and redeem things a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
luuana

luuana

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:40 pm

beege wrote:
CandyFlippinGirl wrote:

MARRY ME.

YOU JUST SAID IT ALL.

Not only the news thing.. IT'S ABOUT EVERYTHING. If we don't go find stuff, we won't fucking know what's happening to that band. I'm their fan since 2003 and all I can say is: they never gave a shit about us, south american fans. Yes, i'm sorry, because having the lead singer's sister just telling us "yes they like you and thanks for your supporting" is not fucking enough when your really want to see them live.

Fuck that shit. I'm still a Vines fan, but it's about only three fucking albums.

sorry for my poor and angry english.
Back to top Go down
luuana

luuana

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Anysound wrote:
luuana wrote:
I'M FUCKING CRYING.

FUCK YOU ALL

Awhh, Luana. Hug I'm so sorry, and I don't know what to say to make you feel better... No I know, this really sucks, and I know how much you love the band and how upset you must be, but stay strong. Hug Hug Hug

People like you is the only real and good thing I won being a Vines fan. Hug Because I gave too much to them and never received anything back. and I don't mean material stuff, I mean something more. consideration. I didn't see any fucking oficial text telling us what happened. At least they should do a video or something.

(and I miss you, we got a lot to talk! Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug )
Back to top Go down
chacha

chacha

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello Im new and can't quote people yet. I was there, i saw the homebake set. It was only on Saturday, it's been only a few days. We don't know what's gone down the days before, or on that day, or the days since. It could've been a sudden thing that day or the day before. It could be full of confusion or uncertainty still.

Of course some information and statement of some sort would be great, just to show some respect to your fans, but lets give it some time and consider maybe there is some internal stuff going on that we clearly dont know about. Maybe the dust needs to settle for abit before we can be told.

I have been The Vines fan from 2002 and while this is a shock and it was unsettling to see Hamish and Ryan not on stage, i will not make judgemet or criticise until i know what's happend.

I can understand how being in a country that does not get them there visiting you would be upsetting and frustrating though. Let's hope The Vines still continue strong after this and they get the opportunity to visit you and recover some kind respect from you to them.

P.S The new drummer was actually really quite good.
Back to top Go down
anaobrad

anaobrad

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:07 pm

chacha wrote:
Hello Im new and can't quote people yet. I was there, i saw the homebake set. It was only on Saturday, it's been only a few days. We don't know what's gone down the days before, or on that day, or the days since. It could've been a sudden thing that day or the day before. It could be full of confusion or uncertainty still.

Of course some information and statement of some sort would be great, just to show some respect to your fans, but lets give it some time and consider maybe there is some internal stuff going on that we clearly dont know about. Maybe the dust needs to settle for abit before we can be told.

I have been The Vines fan from 2002 and while this is a shock and it was unsettling to see Hamish and Ryan not on stage, i will not make judgemet or criticise until i know what's happend.

I can understand how being in a country that does not get them there visiting you would be upsetting and frustrating though. Let's hope The Vines still continue strong after this and they get the opportunity to visit you and recover some kind respect from you to them.

I definitely agree with you!

I'm so so so so sad that Ryan and Hamish are gone, but for us to have found out in such circumstances suggests to me that it was a really recent thing and that they didnt have time to release a statement. Kate/Kitty said on her Vines blog that she's talked to Jessica about it, and that Jess is currently working on a statement to hopefully explain everything.

Just gotta wait until then I guess..
Back to top Go down
http://the-vines.tumblr.com
chacha

chacha

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:04 pm

anaobrad wrote:
chacha wrote:

I definitely agree with you!

I'm so so so so sad that Ryan and Hamish are gone, but for us to have found out in such circumstances suggests to me that it was a really recent thing and that they didnt have time to release a statement. Kate/Kitty said on her Vines blog that she's talked to Jessica about it, and that Jess is currently working on a statement to hopefully explain everything.

Just gotta wait until then I guess..

That's good news indeed. We know some information is coming soon. It should answer some of our questions and hopefully put some minds at ease.

It's a tough situation for everyone, but definitely for them.
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 6:26 pm

alex84 wrote:

I for one, am completely thrilled! New drummer, new energy! Love the hair!

Craig seems happy and that is great!

No more frowns when he looks the drummer's way - and these are his songs.

Again, Craig is one of the GREATEST COMPOSERS OF ALL TIME!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New members?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next