HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New members?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
luuana

avatar

Posts : 37
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Anysound wrote:
luuana wrote:
I'M FUCKING CRYING.


WTF ARE YOU GUYS SAYING? IS THAT GOOD? IT IS NOT.

FUCK YOU ALL


No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Awhh, Luana. Hug I'm so sorry, and I don't know what to say to make you feel better... No I know, this really sucks, and I know how much you love the band and how upset you must be, but stay strong. Hug Hug Hug

People like you is the only real and good thing I won being a Vines fan. Hug Because I gave too much to them and never received anything back. and I don't mean material stuff, I mean something more. consideration. I didn't see any fucking oficial text telling us what happened. At least they should do a video or something.

(and I miss you, we got a lot to talk! Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chacha

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Aus

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello Im new and can't quote people yet. I was there, i saw the homebake set. It was only on Saturday, it's been only a few days. We don't know what's gone down the days before, or on that day, or the days since. It could've been a sudden thing that day or the day before. It could be full of confusion or uncertainty still.

Of course some information and statement of some sort would be great, just to show some respect to your fans, but lets give it some time and consider maybe there is some internal stuff going on that we clearly dont know about. Maybe the dust needs to settle for abit before we can be told.

I have been The Vines fan from 2002 and while this is a shock and it was unsettling to see Hamish and Ryan not on stage, i will not make judgemet or criticise until i know what's happend.

I can understand how being in a country that does not get them there visiting you would be upsetting and frustrating though. Let's hope The Vines still continue strong after this and they get the opportunity to visit you and recover some kind respect from you to them.

P.S The new drummer was actually really quite good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anaobrad

avatar

Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:07 pm

chacha wrote:
Hello Im new and can't quote people yet. I was there, i saw the homebake set. It was only on Saturday, it's been only a few days. We don't know what's gone down the days before, or on that day, or the days since. It could've been a sudden thing that day or the day before. It could be full of confusion or uncertainty still.

Of course some information and statement of some sort would be great, just to show some respect to your fans, but lets give it some time and consider maybe there is some internal stuff going on that we clearly dont know about. Maybe the dust needs to settle for abit before we can be told.

I have been The Vines fan from 2002 and while this is a shock and it was unsettling to see Hamish and Ryan not on stage, i will not make judgemet or criticise until i know what's happend.

I can understand how being in a country that does not get them there visiting you would be upsetting and frustrating though. Let's hope The Vines still continue strong after this and they get the opportunity to visit you and recover some kind respect from you to them.

P.S The new drummer was actually really quite good.

I definitely agree with you!

I'm so so so so sad that Ryan and Hamish are gone, but for us to have found out in such circumstances suggests to me that it was a really recent thing and that they didnt have time to release a statement. Kate/Kitty said on her Vines blog that she's talked to Jessica about it, and that Jess is currently working on a statement to hopefully explain everything.

Just gotta wait until then I guess..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-vines.tumblr.com
chacha

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Aus

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:04 pm

anaobrad wrote:
chacha wrote:
Hello Im new and can't quote people yet. I was there, i saw the homebake set. It was only on Saturday, it's been only a few days. We don't know what's gone down the days before, or on that day, or the days since. It could've been a sudden thing that day or the day before. It could be full of confusion or uncertainty still.

Of course some information and statement of some sort would be great, just to show some respect to your fans, but lets give it some time and consider maybe there is some internal stuff going on that we clearly dont know about. Maybe the dust needs to settle for abit before we can be told.

I have been The Vines fan from 2002 and while this is a shock and it was unsettling to see Hamish and Ryan not on stage, i will not make judgemet or criticise until i know what's happend.

I can understand how being in a country that does not get them there visiting you would be upsetting and frustrating though. Let's hope The Vines still continue strong after this and they get the opportunity to visit you and recover some kind respect from you to them.

P.S The new drummer was actually really quite good.

I definitely agree with you!

I'm so so so so sad that Ryan and Hamish are gone, but for us to have found out in such circumstances suggests to me that it was a really recent thing and that they didnt have time to release a statement. Kate/Kitty said on her Vines blog that she's talked to Jessica about it, and that Jess is currently working on a statement to hopefully explain everything.

Just gotta wait until then I guess..

That's good news indeed. We know some information is coming soon. It should answer some of our questions and hopefully put some minds at ease.

It's a tough situation for everyone, but definitely for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suzy

avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2011-11-01
Location : The Best Place in the World

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:26 pm

alex84 wrote:
Hi Guys new to forum...been reading the forum for a long time now, been a fan of the band since highly Evolved single and been obsessed ever since, but i must say without knowing all the facts im really sad at the departure or sacking of Hamish and Ryan, i mean the way we found out was really low, No official statement just a rumour online that had to be confirmed by Jessica, i feel really let down and like someone said id be pissed if id bought a ticket traveled really far to see only one original member playing, its Just not on, even if they were not sacked communication would have been nice, which lacks when it comes to the story of the band.

i wish my first post was not a negative.

I for one, am completely thrilled! New drummer, new energy! Love the hair!

Craig seems happy and that is great!

No more frowns when he looks the drummer's way - and these are his songs.

Again, Craig is one of the GREATEST COMPOSERS OF ALL TIME!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
julian

avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 29
Location : Mendoza/Argentina

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 pm

did you hear the new drumer?, he hasn't style he hasn't power he hasn't BLOOD, i fucking hate this fat EMO bastard, sorry for being rude but i am tarrible depresed, i'd never seen the vines live, i think by the sircunstances that i won't, the dram of my life is broke, ant this band too, i have vines tattoos and all fcuking shit... i'm fucking sad.. that it's wrong... First patrick, and now ryan and hamish BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala Owl

avatar

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Treetop Lookout

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Oh man, this one is hard to digest No

I have so much respect or all the vines band members, past and present. But I am beginning to feel old. Will we not see Hamish or Ryan ever again? Will ever know what TRULY happened between them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luuana

avatar

Posts : 37
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:47 pm

julian wrote:
did you hear the new drumer?, he hasn't style he hasn't power he hasn't BLOOD, i fucking hate this fat EMO bastard, sorry for being rude but i am tarrible depresed, i'd never seen the vines live, i think by the sircunstances that i won't, the dram of my life is broke, ant this band too, i have vines tattoos and all fcuking shit... i'm fucking sad.. that it's wrong... First patrick, and now ryan and hamish BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU.


I don't care about any fucking new member. Fuck it. It's not The Vines anymore.

it's fucking The OVNIS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex84



Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Im sorry but i love The Vines but to say Craig is one of the best composers of all time is a little...well in my view i disagree.

his writing has not progressed at all from Winning Days, take The Smashing Pumpkins(with original members) each album was different and unique...mellon collie to Adore now that is great songwriting, re-inventing your style and still being successfull, taking risks...the vines have a formula.

hey maybe this is the anger talking from Hamish and Ryan leaving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(((A Name)))



Posts : 110
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Look what I found guys.
They opened a hardrockcafe in sydney.
And now look at this picture:
http://www.popsugar.com.au/Celebrities-Sydney-Hard-Rock-Cafe-Opening-Erin-McNaught-Stan-Walker-Jessica-Sutta-More-20749344?page=0,0,3
In the text on the right they say tath the vines took part at this event, but thers only this picture with hamish.
Maby the opening of this cafe was before the vines split up but if not could this be his new band???
I don't know the other guys on this picture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
on_safari



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:37 pm

The dude on the far right is this guy from Sound Casino who Hamish has been playing with for a while. He was engaged to my friend for a bit but they broke up now she's back in Canada! haha. I think his name is Andy or something. Here's a link to their myspace where you can see hamish with them some more..

http://www.myspace.com/soundcasino

(((A Name))) wrote:
Look what I found guys.
They opened a hardrockcafe in sydney.
And now look at this picture:
http://www.popsugar.com.au/Celebrities-Sydney-Hard-Rock-Cafe-Opening-Erin-McNaught-Stan-Walker-Jessica-Sutta-More-20749344?page=0,0,3
In the text on the right they say tath the vines took part at this event, but thers only this picture with hamish.
Maby the opening of this cafe was before the vines split up but if not could this be his new band???
I don't know the other guys on this picture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
on_safari



Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:42 pm

alex84 wrote:
Im sorry but i love The Vines but to say Craig is one of the best composers of all time is a little...well in my view i disagree.

his writing has not progressed at all from Winning Days, take The Smashing Pumpkins(with original members) each album was different and unique...mellon collie to Adore now that is great songwriting, re-inventing your style and still being successfull, taking risks...the vines have a formula.

hey maybe this is the anger talking from Hamish and Ryan leaving.


I feel like they DIDN"T have a formula in the Highly Evolved/Winning Days-days. But since Vision Valley all their songs are verse chorus verse chorus, bridge, solo chorus. hahaha. Not to say that it's not good music but it aint what it used to be.

and this shouldn't be a reason for forum members to start getting angry (they kicked me out of the old forum for saying this).

It's just a matter of opinion. I feel like record labels have been trying to get them to recreate Get Free over and over but they can't do it. Do something new!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
julian

avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 29
Location : Mendoza/Argentina

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:39 am

only god know how much i love craig and his music.. this is not to be bad with him but wouldn't be great if Ryan and Hamish call Patrick and creater a new band with patrick at voice ehehe The CN before Projet hehehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:54 am

Hey everyone I'm back because I had limited internet access.

Anyway, I'm really sad that Hamish and Ryan left like everyone else but line-up changes are a normal thing in the music industry. Just that nothing lasts forever and change is a part of life.

Jessica is getting around to getting official wording for the statement any time soon.

Also:

http://twitter.com/#!/CharlotteEmily1/status/144590459837218818

Doesn't look like much of fallout, maybe just a change of scenery. Musical side projects perhaps?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
stormboy

avatar

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : San FranBrisco

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:33 am


Interesting!! thanks Kitty! Hopefully means it wasn't an awful falling out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.burningjeffbridges.tumblr.com
chacha

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Aus

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:13 am

I have to agree with Kitty (cant quote with links as im a new member, sorry)

New line ups are normal and even though it's hard to start with, fans will adjust.... Hopefully people start to calm down now and try not to look at this as a bad thing (even though thats hard too)

Lashing out at the new drummer doesn't help anyone either. It's not his fault, calling him nasty names isn't very nice. He has obviously been asked to fill in or join for a reason and hopefully fans can support that and give the band a chance.

Craig looks happy and comfortable and from what we're seeing and hearing through the grapevine (ha!) it's looking more like the split may not be an angry one......we can hope anyway!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chacha

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Aus

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:21 am

Suzy wrote:
alex84 wrote:
Hi Guys new to forum...been reading the forum for a long time now, been a fan of the band since highly Evolved single and been obsessed ever since, but i must say without knowing all the facts im really sad at the departure or sacking of Hamish and Ryan, i mean the way we found out was really low, No official statement just a rumour online that had to be confirmed by Jessica, i feel really let down and like someone said id be pissed if id bought a ticket traveled really far to see only one original member playing, its Just not on, even if they were not sacked communication would have been nice, which lacks when it comes to the story of the band.

i wish my first post was not a negative.

I for one, am completely thrilled! New drummer, new energy! Love the hair!

Craig seems happy and that is great!

No more frowns when he looks the drummer's way - and these are his songs.

Again, Craig is one of the GREATEST COMPOSERS OF ALL TIME!


I gotta say Suzy, i kind of agree with you.

They played well together and Brad seemed his normal self. Sometimes things need a shake up and evolution is needed. If this is what they feel they need, then as a fan, i'm going with them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sexhair

avatar

Posts : 60
Join date : 2011-10-25
Age : 29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:51 am

Everyone just needs to stop bitching until we actually find out facts. Also, like someone said, it isn't the drummer's fault! It was surprising, yes, but calling him fat and saying y'all hate him. Come on now. Rolling Eyes Way to welcome him into the band. Smh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://en-tergalactic.tumblr.com/
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:00 am

Sexhair wrote:
Everyone just needs to stop bitching until we actually find out facts. Also, like someone said, it isn't the drummer's fault! It was surprising, yes, but calling him fat and saying y'all hate him. Come on now. Rolling Eyes Way to welcome him into the band. Smh.

I'm sure older Vines fans were like this when Brad first joined the band back in '06 and whined that he will never be like Patrick.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
chacha

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Aus

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:09 am

Kitty wrote:
Sexhair wrote:
Everyone just needs to stop bitching until we actually find out facts. Also, like someone said, it isn't the drummer's fault! It was surprising, yes, but calling him fat and saying y'all hate him. Come on now. Rolling Eyes Way to welcome him into the band. Smh.

I'm sure older Vines fans were like this when Brad first joined the band back in '06 and whined that he will never be like Patrick.

Well said! Let's support them and show we're loyal & good fans....and welcome the new drummer rather than hate on him & be nasty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:20 am

chacha wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Sexhair wrote:
Everyone just needs to stop bitching until we actually find out facts. Also, like someone said, it isn't the drummer's fault! It was surprising, yes, but calling him fat and saying y'all hate him. Come on now. Rolling Eyes Way to welcome him into the band. Smh.

I'm sure older Vines fans were like this when Brad first joined the band back in '06 and whined that he will never be like Patrick.

Well said! Let's support them and show we're loyal & good fans....and welcome the new drummer rather than hate on him & be nasty.

Humans are never susceptible to change. Let's be nice to the new kid.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Suzy

avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2011-11-01
Location : The Best Place in the World

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Kitty wrote:
chacha wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Sexhair wrote:
Everyone just needs to stop bitching until we actually find out facts. Also, like someone said, it isn't the drummer's fault! It was surprising, yes, but calling him fat and saying y'all hate him. Come on now. Rolling Eyes Way to welcome him into the band. Smh.

I'm sure older Vines fans were like this when Brad first joined the band back in '06 and whined that he will never be like Patrick.

Well said! Let's support them and show we're loyal & good fans....and welcome the new drummer rather than hate on him & be nasty.

Humans are never susceptible to change. Let's be nice to the new kid.

Do we have a name yet? I was quite impressed to see the long list of songs played.

I think when we get some info, we might be pleasantly surprised by this change.

2012 hampton coliseum, hampton , Va - a one night event - The Vines & Van Halen.....

Yes, that is the show I am hoping for! I am asking both parties to rock nearby - I haven't seen a band live for a long time, but this would bring us out for a little fun! What a Face drunken Woot
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
chacha

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Aus

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:43 pm

Suzy wrote:
Kitty wrote:
chacha wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Sexhair wrote:
Everyone just needs to stop bitching until we actually find out facts. Also, like someone said, it isn't the drummer's fault! It was surprising, yes, but calling him fat and saying y'all hate him. Come on now. Rolling Eyes Way to welcome him into the band. Smh.

I'm sure older Vines fans were like this when Brad first joined the band back in '06 and whined that he will never be like Patrick.

Well said! Let's support them and show we're loyal & good fans....and welcome the new drummer rather than hate on him & be nasty.

Humans are never susceptible to change. Let's be nice to the new kid.

Do we have a name yet? I was quite impressed to see the long list of songs played.

I think when we get some info, we might be pleasantly surprised by this change.

2012 hampton coliseum, hampton , Va - a one night event - The Vines & Van Halen.....

Yes, that is the show I am hoping for! I am asking both parties to rock nearby - I haven't seen a band live for a long time, but this would bring us out for a little fun! What a Face drunken Woot

The site: Fuck Yeah The Vines (cant post link as im a new member boo) has an anonymous person telling them the drummer's name is Murray.
It reads as follows:

"-Anonymous
Hamish and Ryan have left the band (probably not sacked as it
would be too harsh) so that The Vines would become a three
piece for more creative purposes and playing abilities. Also, the
new drummer’s name is Murray.
"

This doesn't sound reliable. I believe someone's name dropping the guys name, it probably is Murray, but whoever it is doesn't know the circumstances for the split as they're clearly unsure whether it was a sacking or Ryan & Hamish left. Anyways, interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rimma



Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 35
Location : Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:17 pm

His name is Murray Sheridan according to this tweet https://twitter.com/#!/Milfton/status/142813528250789889
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chacha

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Aus

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Rimma wrote:
His name is Murray Sheridan according to this tweet

well there you go. Some detective work right there! Lol

had to delete link as im new member, wont let me post links.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New members?   

Back to top Go down
 
New members?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Members IP address...?
» New Members
» Members signing petition...
» Do dogs recognize family members or people by their scent?
» good morning fellow members

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: The Vines :: General Discussion-
Jump to: