The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The end of The Vines?!

Go down 
+23
luuana
Thinkhappythoughts67
CherryWaves
effervescingelephant
Vision Days
Rusty
braindead
anaobrad
freak
borgy
daytripper
on_safari
Treestar
Craig's Angel
chacha
Anysound
fender101
Kitty
Suzy
thelivingvines
Howl
Koala Owl
(((A Name)))
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Treestar

Treestar

The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:02 am

Ya but generally people don't have the attention span for the eclectic mix of music. I highly doubt people went to buy the Vines mostly for their subdued music. People wanted the rock. It's ok I dig it but I can see why it didn't stick. I'm not even going there about comparisons to mega bands like the Eagles and Pink Floyd. I grew up with 60's and 70's music and I like Brit and rock too. It's a certain audience though. Craig knows what songs are catchy but he doesn't take it all the way there. Should he? I don't know, that's really up to him. I think he obviously has potential but he toys around and that's fun too. I think the band is whatever they make it. Would I like to see them blow up to be some super group? Why not? That would be good times, maybe they'll have a new flow? Who knows. I'll be supportive to some new sound. It's not easy to cram four decades of music into his music but I applaud his effort. I've really enjoyed it and relate to growing up with that influence and it's nostalgic for me. It's strangely original in this century yet unoriginal to the 30's and up crowd. My opinion is if he wants to keep up with the times he needs to keep appealing to the younger crowd. Otherwise thanks for the throwback and it's been a good ride. Smile
Back to top Go down
daytripper

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:18 pm

[quote="on_safari}I'm personally afraid that if the Vines are finished Craig will stop making music... or his music will be so hard to get a hold of that he will be hard to to listen to.[/quote]

If this was the 70's it would be hard to get a hold of, but now and days all a muscian has to do is put it up on YouTube and put a link on the Vines myspace/facebook or on this message board.

It would be interesting to see his art/graphics with his music.
Back to top Go down
(((A Name)))

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:48 pm

There are still no official news Exclamation
It feels like nobody cares a shit about us fans. pale

Back to top Go down
borgy

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:23 am

I'm sure Craig still cares about the fans, but he has Aspergers and managing the band outside of music creation and touring isn't his strong point (i think i read an interview from last year that he still doesn't have a computer!!?!)

It's everyone connected with the band (excluding his sister) these days that doesn't care like their new management and Sony Music (great promotion for Future Primitive Rolling Eyes ).

It's really sad. There's not a time in the last 10 years that i don't have Vines music associated with a good memory, but the winning days are well and truly gone now. I remember 02 - 04 when they were everywhere but now they've just slid away into obscurity with a small loyal fan base and no support.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:20 am

Now I've been hearing stuff about Brad leaving the group and a search for new members. I think we should all contact Jess on twitter and Facebook to ask her about what is going on.
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:48 am

Kitty wrote:
Now I've been hearing stuff about Brad leaving the group and a search for new members. I think we should all contact Jess on twitter and Facebook to ask her about what is going on.

Agree
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:49 am

freak wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Agree

Who's with me?
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:56 am

Kitty wrote:
freak wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Agree

Who's with me?

I am. We have to do something, this is getting ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
thelivingvines

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:00 am

Pretty sure that will get us nowhere. I imagine Jess is a little bit of a puppet and is being asked to keep quiet.

I say we all go on strike. Forum blackout - though that is basically happening already, no voting in anything we're asked to, no buying music, nothing.

If all Craig cares about is that people get to hear his music, what the fuck does he care about sales figures or winning whatever radio station happens to be running Oz artist of the year. It's the management that really need these things, not Craig.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:12 am

Jess just sent me a DM on Twitter that there is no official statement yet and apologies for it but it's not the end of The Vines as there might be new music on the way soon.
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 am

Kitty wrote:
Jess just sent me a DM on Twitter that there is no official statement yet and apologies for it but it's not the end of The Vines as there might be new music on the way soon.

Thanks kitty, thanks Jess
Back to top Go down
Treestar

Treestar

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:27 pm

thelivingvines wrote:
Pretty sure that will get us nowhere. I imagine Jess is a little bit of a puppet and is being asked to keep quiet.

I say we all go on strike. Forum blackout - though that is basically happening already, no voting in anything we're asked to, no buying music, nothing.

If all Craig cares about is that people get to hear his music, what the fuck does he care about sales figures or winning whatever radio station happens to be running Oz artist of the year. It's the management that really need these things, not Craig.
I agree with this. I think there's a middle finger at the record companies for sure. I think it's a doomed scenario though when the tours don't go well. I think making money for the bigwigs has been a driving force of spite for this band. There seems to be some personal issue with cooperating and making money for the cronies. I don't blame anybody Razz Let the music speak for itself is the motto. We'd all love to see this band but I think there's another agenda.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:55 am

https://twitter.com/#!/RMMusic/status/160916040002441216

Craig must be working with Nick Littlemore or something.
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Kitty wrote:

I wish we knew for certain. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Anysound wrote:
Kitty wrote:

I wish we knew for certain. bounce

Though Empire Of The Sun are currently working on their second record.
Back to top Go down
anaobrad

anaobrad

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Kitty wrote:

Thank god for this, I was sure that with the split etc we wouldn't be hearing album no. 6 for a long time.....provided thats part of the 'new music' she's talking about.
Back to top Go down
http://the-vines.tumblr.com
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Okay, so my love for The Vines stayed strong when Patrick left. But Hamish left, Ryan left, and now Brad ??? Come on, this can't be The Vines anymore, Craig should start a new band... well isn't that what he is actually doing? So now it's gonna be Craig and some new musicians under the name of The Vines. Pfff
I don't think I will follow this time.
This makes me really sad.
So yeah, it is the end of The Vines. At least for me.
Back to top Go down
(((A Name)))

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Why should Brad also left the band.
He didn't left when Ryan and Hamish quit, so why should he do it now???
I hope it's not true Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
borgy

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:00 am

That kinda sucks if Craig's working with Nick Littlemore cause PNAU are freakin' generic sugar filled dance music and Empire of the Sun are just flat out terrible.

Now Brads gone too? Wow. It really is over.

We still haven't heard anything in 2 months, real poor effort when in the digital age a simple message written in 10 mins can be sent off right away. There's no excuse.
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:27 am

No more band members names on their Facebook page.
Back to top Go down
braindead

braindead

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:47 pm

i dont know what the fuck is going on with nicholls!...

dear craig: please kill your EGO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.com
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:47 pm

freak wrote:
No more band members names on their Facebook page.
This bit from their page looks simply preposterous now
Quote :
"It's cool that we're still together and that we got through it all, all the hard times and all the ups and downs. I know a lot of other bands have split, but I guess I just don't know what else I would do if I wasn't doing this."
Craig Nicholls, May 2011
Neutral

braindead wrote:

Haha wicked lol
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 pm

This is so freakin sad. What a waste... what a waste... No
Back to top Go down
Craig's Angel

Craig's Angel

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:55 am

braindead wrote:

Rolling Eyes maybe he doesn't want to..i don't think it's our job to worry about they're decisions.they're gonna do what they do
Back to top Go down
http://Itisbroke.tumblr.com
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

I don't think Craig would ever give up on song-writing. I'm sensing he'll continue with the band, have a solo career/side project or become a music producer. Maybe dabble in a bit of painting as well. He wouldn't really give up something that he loves. I'm just worried that if he's become mentally unwell again after what happened and cannot continue on with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The end of The Vines?!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next