The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ramy Gamal

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rusty

Rusty

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Anysound wrote:

Hahah, exactly! Very Happy I'm glad we're on the same wavelength.
Very Happy
Anysound wrote:
I can't take the credit for that line, Carl Barron refers - in appropriate Australian manner - to Jesus as "Jeso" in one of his routines. Razz
OK Wink

Anysound wrote:
Haha wow, that's so interesting. I have to admit I didn't expect art like that to come out of of the Arab world of all places, especially from that time. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Haha any time Very Happy

Anysound wrote:
It's a shame the rest of the world didn't follow suit, huh? Razz
YES IT IS.

Anysound wrote:
Hahah, nooo, definitely not. :') (Also ugh, what terrible punishments they had "back in the day".)
Yeah. Torturing fellow human beings (sometimes just for the sheer heck of it) is one thing that we truly excel in. Neutral

Anysound wrote:
Yeah, those made me go "awhhh". ^_^
Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Happy0169

Anysound wrote:
His face?! hahah. I don't follow your logic sometimes but you sure do make me laugh.
Now I'm totally baffled here Blink
Surely a gay poet would find Ramo's beautiful face inspirational?

I don't understand why the idea seems so ridiculous to you

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Cry

Anysound wrote:
Also nope I hadn't heard it before so thank you! Very Happy Very Happy Soo lovely indeed. Really beautiful. As usual, it's a shame I don't understand a world he's saying. :')
Aww, you're welcome, glad you like it ^_^

All their songs are about luuuurve, so the lyrics aren't particularly fascinating lol
I'm not afraid of anything with my love next to me, my whole life/world is your love inside me, in the past I saw you in my dreams but now that you're with me will I need to dream any more?
Hawak simply means "your love" Rolling Eyes

I've been thinking... If he wanted to be more universally recognized (and he sure deserves it!), he'd have to sing in English, wouldn't he...
but then, those songs would lose much of their charm... Neutral
No offence, mind Fear

Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Rusty wrote:

Yeah. Torturing fellow human beings (sometimes just for the sheer heck of it) is one thing that we truly excel in. Neutral

Yep, that's the human race in a nutshell. [sarcasm] Go us. *claps slowly* [/sarcasm]

Rusty wrote:

Now I'm totally baffled here Blink
Surely a gay poet would find Ramo's beautiful face inspirational?

I don't understand why the idea seems so ridiculous to you

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Cry

OH MY GOD I'm such an idiot! I thought you meant Nuwas would influence Ramy, not the other way around and therefore I struggled to see how Ramy's face would change just because of poetry hahah. Shut up, I know it doesn't make sense and I was tired when I wrote that okay and now I realised how much of a bitch I must have seemed sjlkdjhfg OH MY GOD DSJFGSIJDSFLKJ DON'T HATE ME PLEASE DON'T HATE ME. ;_; I'm sorry!

Rusty wrote:

All their songs are about luuuurve, so the lyrics aren't particularly fascinating lol
I'm not afraid of anything with my love next to me, my whole life/world is your love inside me, in the past I saw you in my dreams but now that you're with me will I need to dream any more?
Hawak simply means "your love" Rolling Eyes

True, these may not be particularly fascinating, but they're beautiful nonetheless. Love Thanks for the translation! ^_^

Rusty wrote:

I've been thinking... If he wanted to be more universally recognized (and he sure deserves it!), he'd have to sing in English, wouldn't he...
but then, those songs would lose much of their charm... Neutral
No offence, mind Fear

Woow, I was thinking of something similar a few days ago (not related to Ramy, but still, the translation of certain phrases into English)! Very Happy

Also, non taken. Razz I totally get what you mean.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Anysound wrote:

Yep, that's the human race in a nutshell. [sarcasm] Go us. *claps slowly* [/sarcasm]
heheh

Anysound wrote:
OH MY GOD I'm such an idiot! I thought you meant Nuwas would influence Ramy, not the other way around and therefore I struggled to see how Ramy's face would change just because of poetry hahah. Shut up, I know it doesn't make sense and I was tired when I wrote that okay and now I realised how much of a bitch I must have seemed sjlkdjhfg OH MY GOD DSJFGSIJDSFLKJ DON'T HATE ME PLEASE DON'T HATE ME. ;_; I'm sorry!
oww, that's alriiiight Hug
I knew there must have been some misunderstanding along the way, heh

and whoa... this got me thinking...
What if it was the other way round? Shifty

aaaaand

now I have this image in my screwed-up head of Ramy being overcome by a sudden irresistible temptation to put some of those poems to music
especially the one in which Nuwas writes about his, er...uhh... "spear" Shifty

Ahhaha, can you imagine a Ramy song with that kind of lyric? lol Very Happy Fear

And hey, I could never hate you, habibte, never EVER!! Hug Hug Hug
It was all kinda funny really Hug
and when one is exhausted one just doesn't think straight

Anysound wrote:
True, these may not be particularly fascinating, but they're beautiful nonetheless. Love Thanks for the translation! ^_^
No problemo (:
I'm glad you like that lyric, cos it happens to be Ramy's own ^_^

Anysound wrote:
Woow, I was thinking of something similar a few days ago (not related to Ramy, but still, the translation of certain phrases into English)! Very Happy
Really? Very Happy
What phrases??? (if it's not a secret, that is Wink)

Anysound wrote:
Also, non taken. Razz I totally get what you mean.
Oh good ^_^

Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Rusty wrote:

oww, that's alriiiight Hug
I knew there must have been some misunderstanding along the way, heh

and whoa... this got me thinking...
What if it was the other way round? Shifty

aaaaand

now I have this image in my screwed-up head of Ramy being overcome by a sudden irresistible temptation to put some of those poems to music
especially the one in which Nuwas writes about his, er...uhh... "spear" Shifty

Ahhaha, can you imagine a Ramy song with that kind of lyric? lol Very Happy Fear

And hey, I could never hate you, habibte, never EVER!! Hug Hug Hug
It was all kinda funny really Hug
and when one is exhausted one just doesn't think straight

Awhh thank youuu for being so understanding. Really, I'm so glad you didn't go off at me. Like, oh my god, how much of a bitch did I seem?! Woow. I swear, I'm so ****ing awkward! This type of thing happens to me all the time, and in real life it's even worse because I only realise what I did afterwards - after it's too late to set myself straight. *horrid memories* bounce Mad
But anyway: THANK YOU. Hug

Haha yeah it got me thinking about reversing the order too, but unlike you, I imagined Ramy's physical appearance being influenced - RAMY WITH LONG HAIR! :') He could be "Son of Curls". Razz

But hmm, I wonder how people would react if he really did. Didn't you once say a lot of his audience looked gay or something, or am I just assuming that because they all looked so fashion-conscious? Razz [No offense intended, I know not all gay people are fashion conscious :')]

Rusty wrote:

No problemo (:
I'm glad you like that lyric, cos it happens to be Ramy's own ^_^

Eeee, awesome. Love

Rusty wrote:

Really? Very Happy
What phrases??? (if it's not a secret, that is Wink)

Oh I didn't have any in particular well known phrases in mind, sorry! D: I just meant kind of everyday things, you know? Like how you'll often see (or read, rather) a foreigner express something in English and though their English isn't perfect, it's so beautiful anyway and you can just feel the foreign phrase they've translated was so achingly beautiful that it even managed to shine through in English. For example, I got some postcards and letters from a friend in Brazil and something about the fact her English isn't 100% made her words so much richer somehow. I can't explain even it, and I probably sound insane. And even when someone's English is near perfect, they seem to express themselves more eloquently somehow. Or maybe the people I know are just lovely... Love
But now that I think about it, there's this beautiful Spanish phrase I heard of on a radio show I listen to and the hosts talk about the kind of thing we're discussing (how other languages seem to have a magic English doesn't.) If you're interested in listening to the segment:
Clicky! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Anysound wrote:

Awhh thank youuu for being so understanding. Really, I'm so glad you didn't go off at me. Like, oh my god, how much of a bitch did I seem?! Woow. I swear, I'm so ****ing awkward! This type of thing happens to me all the time, and in real life it's even worse because I only realise what I did afterwards - after it's too late to set myself straight. *horrid memories* bounce Mad
But anyway: THANK YOU. Hug
No problemoooo Wink
"How much of a bitch"?! omg noooo, absolutely not, not AT ALL, inherently nice people don't turn bitchy all of a sudden, and you are simply the nicest.person.on.this.planet. Hug I was just stumped, that's all, but I knew it must have been some sort of misunderstanding
Just forget about this whole thing, OK? Hug

Anysound wrote:
Haha yeah it got me thinking about reversing the order too, but unlike you, I imagined Ramy's physical appearance being influenced - RAMY WITH LONG HAIR! :') He could be "Son of Curls". Razz
lol
Hmm, I don't think he would look good, hahah
I'm trying to imagine him with long (and I do mean loooong, not just long-ish) hair and failing miserably lol

Anysound wrote:
But hmm, I wonder how people would react if he really did.
OMG! lol
To put it mildly, I don't think the reaction would be favourable, the traditional Arab effusiveness notwithstanding lol
It's kinda funny really... It's not unusual to see two Arab guys kissing each other in the street (I mean on the cheek, when they greet each other, but still... ;p) , and I often see my male Arab friends – who are not gay – hearting one another on fb (and they don't do it for a joke, mind). They treat this as something totally normal, bless them Very Happy
Still, there are limits, and I don't think Ramy would get away with a lyric of that kind lol

BUT! I believe I mentioned it in the old Ramy thread that he more often than not uses masculine forms in his songs (as do many other Arab singers Very Happy), so it sounds mighty intriguing anyway Very Happy

Anysound wrote:
Didn't you once say a lot of his audience looked gay or something, or am I just assuming that because they all looked so fashion-conscious? Razz [No offense intended, I know not all gay people are fashion conscious :')]
Ohh, I remember lol It was something to do with the fact that many of them were wearing red or pink T-shirts, the colours associated with gheyness in the Arab world ;p

Ramy seems to like pink Shifty

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 RamoooGig2
Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Ramychat

and red

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 TantaGig

Very Happy ......................................... Love Love Love

Anysound wrote:
Eeee, awesome. Love
Very Happy

Anysound wrote:
Oh I didn't have any in particular well known phrases in mind, sorry! D: I just meant kind of everyday things, you know? Like how you'll often see (or read, rather) a foreigner express something in English and though their English isn't perfect, it's so beautiful anyway and you can just feel the foreign phrase they've translated was so achingly beautiful that it even managed to shine through in English. For example, I got some postcards and letters from a friend in Brazil and something about the fact her English isn't 100% made her words so much richer somehow. I can't explain even it, and I probably sound insane. And even when someone's English is near perfect, they seem to express themselves more eloquently somehow. Or maybe the people I know are just lovely... Love
But now that I think about it, there's this beautiful Spanish phrase I heard of on a radio show I listen to and the hosts talk about the kind of thing we're discussing (how other languages seem to have a magic English doesn't.) If you're interested in listening to the segment:
Clicky! Smile
Thanks for that Very Happy
LOOOOL@that Spanish thing that Russell (or Jon? ;p) said during his Spanish exam (May I crap in your straw?) ahhaha
also
"Wie geht's?"
"Bill Gates?"

lool

But wow, that Spanish phrase which the taxi driver used, "Tomorrow my family and I will die on your generosity", whoa... that's quite a mouthful, heh. Sounds rather... quaint, but adorable Wink
Ohh, that death bit reminds me of an absolutely beautiful Arabic phrase, "ana bamoot feek", which literally means "I'm dying in you" (="I love you very very much" ^_^)

All this makes me think of a fascinating book by Bill Bryson entitled Mother Tongue
Basically it deals with the history and development of English, but there's this introductory chapter devoted to all kinds of, shall I say, idiosyncrasies in different languages
Do you happen to know it?
(I love old Bill, he's absolutely hilarious Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Rusty wrote:

"How much of a bitch"?! omg noooo, absolutely not, not AT ALL, inherently nice people don't turn bitchy all of a sudden, and you are simply the nicest.person.on.this.planet. Hug I was just stumped, that's all, but I knew it must have been some sort of misunderstanding
Just forget about this whole thing, OK? Hug

Imagine if I was a megabitch secretly and I've just been covering it up this whole time. Shocked Uh forget I said anything. ... Razz Just kidding. Okay, I promise to never speak of it again. Thank you. Hug

Rusty wrote:
lol
Hmm, I don't think he would look good, hahah
I'm trying to imagine him with long (and I do mean loooong, not just long-ish) hair and failing miserably lol

He would look sooo strange, yeah. Razz

Rusty wrote:

OMG! lol
To put it mildly, I don't think the reaction would be favourable, the traditional Arab effusiveness notwithstanding lol
It's kinda funny really... It's not unusual to see two Arab guys kissing each other in the street (I mean on the cheek, when they greet each other, but still... ;p) , and I often see my male Arab friends – who are not gay – hearting one another on fb (and they don't do it for a joke, mind). They treat this as something totally normal, bless them Very Happy
Still, there are limits, and I don't think Ramy would get away with a lyric of that kind lol

Oh my god, I love that. It seems a lot of other cultures do that, especially European ones (are so friendly and kiss each other constantly Razz). Sooo cute! ^_^
And awh, the love heart symbol thing is cute, too. Imagine the insults they'd get from say... Australian guys for doing that. Oh boy. Rolling Eyes

Rusty wrote:

BUT! I believe I mentioned it in the old Ramy thread that he more often than not uses masculine forms in his songs (as do many other Arab singers Very Happy), so it sounds mighty intriguing anyway Very Happy

Ohh, I remember lol It was something to do with the fact that many of them were wearing red or pink T-shirts, the colours associated with gheyness in the Arab world ;p

Ramy seems to like pink Shifty

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 RamoooGig2
Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Ramychat

and red

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 TantaGig

Very Happy ......................................... Love Love Love

Yeah, I remember you saying that! And hahah yeah, Ramy must be hiding something. Twisted Evil Razz

Rusty wrote:

Thanks for that Very Happy
LOOOOL@that Spanish thing that Russell (or Jon? ;p) said during his Spanish exam (May I crap in your straw?) ahhaha
also
"Wie geht's?"
"Bill Gates?"

lool

But wow, that Spanish phrase which the taxi driver used, "Tomorrow my family and I will die on your generosity", whoa... that's quite a mouthful, heh. Sounds rather... quaint, but adorable Wink
Ohh, that death bit reminds me of an absolutely beautiful Arabic phrase, "ana bamoot feek", which literally means "I'm dying in you" (="I love you very very much" ^_^)

No problem, I'm glad you liked it! Very Happy And hahah yeah, that anecdote killed me. :') Russell and Jon are hilarious. ^_^

Oh no, I'm afraid you got that quote a little wrong, it's: "Tomorrow my family and I will dine on your generosity". Basically he was (very poetically) saying he really appreciated the tip because it meant a good meal for his family. Smile

But wow, "ana bamoot feek"! Shocked That's soo nice (the translation and meaning and I'm sure it sounds beautiful too). Love

Rusty wrote:

All this makes me think of a fascinating book by Bill Bryson entitled Mother Tongue
Basically it deals with the history and development of English, but there's this introductory chapter devoted to all kinds of, shall I say, idiosyncrasies in different languages
Do you happen to know it?
(I love old Bill, he's absolutely hilarious Very Happy)

The name (of the author and the book) sounds familiar. *thinking emoticon* Have you mentioned him before? I'm sure you told me of a few of his observations once (like why certain English phrases are funny/ don't make sense, right?). It sounds really, really interesting. One for my ever-growing reading pile, I guess. Very Happy

-

P.S. I totally sent my friend a video of Ramy to prove a point shh it still counts. :')
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Anysound wrote:

Imagine if I was a megabitch secretly and I've just been covering it up this whole time. Shocked Uh forget I said anything. ... Razz Just kidding. Okay, I promise to never speak of it again. Thank you. Hug
lool no problemo Hug

Anysound wrote:
Oh my god, I love that. It seems a lot of other cultures do that, especially European ones (are so friendly and kiss each other constantly Razz). Sooo cute! ^_^
Not guys though. Only women (or a man and a woman, but never two guys, no way lol. Not in my part of Europe anyway Wink

Anysound wrote:
And awh, the love heart symbol thing is cute, too. Imagine the insults they'd get from say... Australian guys for doing that. Oh boy. Rolling Eyes
I can imagine, heh

Anysound wrote:
Yeah, I remember you saying that! And hahah yeah, Ramy must be hiding something. Twisted Evil Razz
Ohh, I sure hope so Very Happy Wink

Anysound wrote:
No problem, I'm glad you liked it! Very Happy And hahah yeah, that anecdote killed me. :') Russell and Jon are hilarious. ^_^

Oh no, I'm afraid you got that quote a little wrong, it's: "Tomorrow my family and I will dine on your generosity". Basically he was (very poetically) saying he really appreciated the tip because it meant a good meal for his family. Smile
omg. Now I feel like a moron Frustration
Of course "dine" makes much more sense. When I heard what sounded like "die" I was like, wtf Blink (but you never know with languages, do you, and I thought that perhaps it meant that they would be so overjoyed they would – metaphorically of course – die of happiness having so much money, or something lol. Spanish exuberance haha)
And that Arabic phrase instantly came to my head so I stopped wondering, heh
Anyway, I feel like a moron Neutral
I can't even blame it on the Aussie accent :S (which reminds me of that Bryson book [details below Wink])

Oh, did I mention that I feel like a moron? I feel like a total moron Frustration

Anysound wrote:
The name (of the author and the book) sounds familiar. *thinking emoticon* Have you mentioned him before? I'm sure you told me of a few of his observations once (like why certain English phrases are funny/ don't make sense, right?). It sounds really, really interesting. One for my ever-growing reading pile, I guess. Very Happy
No, that was another book (Crazy English by Richard Lederer) (:

Bryson is basically a travel writer, but he's a sort of amateur linguist as well, bless him
Check out his books, they're absolutely hilarious, all of them (He also wrote a book about Australia, entitled – surprise surprise – Down Under Wink)

Here's an excerpt from Mother Tongue
(It's about the Aussie accent Fear)

National dialects can develop with remarkable speed. Within only a generation or so of its colonization, visitors to Australia were beginning to notice a distinctive accent. In 1965, one "Afferbeck Lauder" published a book called Let Stalk Strine, which wittily celebrated the national accent. Among the words dealt with were scona, a meteorological term, as in "Scona rine"; dimension, defined as the customary response to "thank you"; and air fridge, a synonym for ordinary, middling.

This is so feckin funny Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Rotfl
(He exaggerated of course**, but I suppose that was the whole point lol)

**or did he? Very Happy

disclaimer: to prevent possible future misunderstandings, I hereby solemnly declare that, by posting the above excerpt, it was NOT my intention to ridicule the Australian accent.
(I sincerely hope that the thought would never ever cross your mind anyway, but I want to emphasize it just in case Wink)

Anysound wrote:
P.S. I totally sent my friend a video of Ramy to prove a point shh it still counts. :')
Woot Hug
but whoa... to prove a point? What what WHAT???? (of course you have the right to remain silent, if it's too personal or something Wink)
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Rusty wrote:

omg. Now I feel like a moron Frustration
Of course "dine" makes much more sense. When I heard what sounded like "die" I was like, wtf Blink (but you never know with languages, do you, and I thought that perhaps it meant that they would be so overjoyed they would – metaphorically of course – die of happiness having so much money, or something lol. Spanish exuberance haha)
And that Arabic phrase instantly came to my head so I stopped wondering, heh
Anyway, I feel like a moron Neutral
I can't even blame it on the Aussie accent :S (which reminds me of that Bryson book [details below Wink])

Oh, did I mention that I feel like a moron? I feel like a total moron Frustration

Hahah awhh, nooo, don't worry! Don't feel like a moron. Hug Everyone mishears things, I do it all the time! Plus, Jon's Northern accent is paid out all the time, and many people miss what he's saying. Smile
Oh, and I did get where you were coming from anyway. Smile

Rusty wrote:

No, that was another book (Crazy English by Richard Lederer) (:

Bryson is basically a travel writer, but he's a sort of amateur linguist as well, bless him
Check out his books, they're absolutely hilarious, all of them (He also wrote a book about Australia, entitled – surprise surprise – Down Under Wink)

Here's an excerpt from Mother Tongue
(It's about the Aussie accent Fear)

National dialects can develop with remarkable speed. Within only a generation or so of its colonization, visitors to Australia were beginning to notice a distinctive accent. In 1965, one "Afferbeck Lauder" published a book called Let Stalk Strine, which wittily celebrated the national accent. Among the words dealt with were scona, a meteorological term, as in "Scona rine"; dimension, defined as the customary response to "thank you"; and air fridge, a synonym for ordinary, middling.

This is so feckin funny Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Rotfl
(He exaggerated of course**, but I suppose that was the whole point lol)

**or did he? Very Happy

disclaimer: to prevent possible future misunderstandings, I hereby solemnly declare that, by posting the above excerpt, it was NOT my intention to ridicule the Australian accent.
(I sincerely hope that the thought would never ever cross your mind anyway, but I want to emphasize it just in case Wink)

Oh my god! Yes, yes, yes! I remember that! Very Happy You did post it before, but don't worry, it's as funny the second time around as the first. Razz I had to think for a bit to get that last one. :')

Oh and haha no, don't worry, I know you wouldn't do that. Razz
Rusty wrote:

Woot Hug
but whoa... to prove a point? What what WHAT???? (of course you have the right to remain silent, if it's too personal or something Wink)

Oh, no it's not personal or anything. :') I simply tweeted "Arabic is such a beautiful language" and he replied "wat" and I linked him to a video and he said I can't prove it with a one minute video. He also implied I was being too influenced by Ramy himself. Razz :')
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Anysound wrote:

Hahah awhh, nooo, don't worry! Don't feel like a moron. Hug Everyone mishears things, I do it all the time! Plus, Jon's Northern accent is paid out all the time, and many people miss what he's saying. Smile
Ohh thaaanks Hug

Anysound wrote:
Oh, and I did get where you were coming from anyway. Smile
So, where was I coming from then? Wink

I know just where I am
But! how many corners do I have to turn?
How many times do I have to learn
All the love I have is in my mind? Drama

;p

Anysound wrote:
Oh my god! Yes, yes, yes! I remember that! Very Happy You did post it before, but don't worry, it's as funny the second time around as the first. Razz I had to think for a bit to get that last one. :')
I did? Oh :S
I just can't get enough of Mr Bryson haha
btw Can you work out another "Strinism" (his word ;p), Emma chisit? lol
How much is it lool

Anysound wrote:
Oh and haha no, don't worry, I know you wouldn't do that. Razz
Indeed I wouldn't (:

Anysound wrote:
Oh, no it's not personal or anything. :') I simply tweeted "Arabic is such a beautiful language" and he replied "wat" and I linked him to a video and he said I can't prove it with a one minute video.
You really said that? Woot Aww Hug

Anysound wrote:
He also implied I was being too influenced by Ramy himself. Razz :')
Men, pffft. What do they know Razz

Ohh, I wonder if this link will work for you, I hope it does (it's a fb link, but it's set on "public", so theoretically everyone can access it)
It's part of the Asala show (just a tiny part, one song only)
Ramy is sooo adorable here Love (even more than usual Wink)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150679992691605

Take your dirty paw off his knee you... you... you shameless hussy!! bounce bounce bounce

btw His new album is going to be released, as they put it, "soon"
I only wonder if it is the English "soon" or the Arab "soon", cos if the latter, Allah help me Rolling Eyes lol
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Rusty wrote:

So, where was I coming from then? Wink

I know just where I am
But! how many corners do I have to turn?
How many times do I have to learn
All the love I have is in my mind? Drama

;p

Very Happy Eeeee! ^__^ <3

Rusty wrote:

I did? Oh :S
I just can't get enough of Mr Bryson haha
btw Can you work out another "Strinism" (his word ;p), Emma chisit? lol
How much is it lool

Yep you did, but no matter! Very Happy And hahah yes, it took me a moment but I did figure it out, even before I saw your "hidden" text. ^_^

Rusty wrote:

You really said that? Woot Aww Hug

Men, pffft. What do they know Razz

Of course. ^_^ It's just a shame he didn't agree. Evil or Very Mad hehe.

Rusty wrote:

Ohh, I wonder if this link will work for you, I hope it does (it's a fb link, but it's set on "public", so theoretically everyone can access it)
It's part of the Asala show (just a tiny part, one song only)
Ramy is sooo adorable here Love (even more than usual Wink)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150679992691605

Ahhh, I'm sorry, my internet has slowed down since it's the end of the month, so I can't watch it until tomorrow. Sorry! Sad But since it's public, that's great, it should work. Very Happy Thanks!

Rusty wrote:

Take your dirty paw off his knee you... you... you shameless hussy!! bounce bounce bounce

Hahah, I literally laughed out loud. I haven't even seen it and am already laughing. :') Thanks for that. Razz

Rusty wrote:

btw His new album is going to be released, as they put it, "soon"
I only wonder if it is the English "soon" or the Arab "soon", cos if the latter, Allah help me Rolling Eyes lol

Ohh, that's exciting news! Very Happy And hahah awh, I know the feeling. THE BLACK SHIPS. I'M LOOKING AT YOU.
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Anysound wrote:

Very Happy Eeeee! ^__^ <3
tee hee ^_^

Anysound wrote:
Yep you did, but no matter! Very Happy And hahah yes, it took me a moment but I did figure it out, even before I saw your "hidden" text. ^_^
Yay cool Very Happy

Anysound wrote:
Of course. ^_^
^_^

Anysound wrote:
It's just a shame he didn't agree. Evil or Very Mad hehe.
Stupid git Fear

Anysound wrote:
Ahhh, I'm sorry, my internet has slowed down since it's the end of the month, so I can't watch it until tomorrow. Sorry! Sad But since it's public, that's great, it should work. Very Happy Thanks!

Aww, nothing to be sorry about, I forgot about your net thing :S
and don't thank me yet, who knows, maybe you'll hate this vid Wink

btw 4 days ago there was a small war, as he put it, between some armed (!!) bandits and the police right in front of his house :O

There's no denying that sharing info with your fans is a good thing, but I cannot shake off this uneasy feeling that he slightly overdid it this time. Neutral

Anysound wrote:
Hahah, I literally laughed out loud. I haven't even seen it and am already laughing. :') Thanks for that. Razz
Dimension Wink

Anysound wrote:
Ohh, that's exciting news! Very Happy

It sure is, but ohh... this wait is becoming simply unbearable bounce

Remember the mafadsh beya vid? It was supposed to be released in November 2011 (!!)

Ah well, good things come to those who wait ;p
(I hope I'm not quoting the bible at this moment Blink)

Anysound wrote:
And hahah awh, I know the feeling. THE BLACK SHIPS. I'M LOOKING AT YOU.
oww... Hug
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Rusty wrote:

Aww, nothing to be sorry about, I forgot about your net thing :S
and don't thank me yet, who knows, maybe you'll hate this vid Wink

Ugh, yeah, it's so frustrating. Technology hates me, full stop. I had to buy a new laptop charger 3 months ago to replace mine which broke but it exploded (!!) and died a couple of days ago so now I have to buy a new one. Then there's my phone which hasn't been able to send/ receive calls for 80% of the time I've owned it, my set top box which never worked properly, my TV and DVD player which just broke (to be fair this was my fault, I tripped over the cord of the TV and it fell onto the DVD player, breaking them both Mad ) and the lights in our house which blow every few weeks (no one can give us an answer, not even the electricians). The lights are so expensive to replace and near impossible to, physically, too. I've lived without a TV, DVD player and ceiling light for months. :')
OOPS. I rambled. Sorry! :')

And awh, no way would I hate it! It He was really adorable, how he kept smiling, awhh. Love And woow, I love the sound of the instrument the person to the left is playing! It sounds Chinese!
And the atmosphere in that studio (??) seems so homely and lovely. Also I love the guy with the tambourine, hahah. :')

P.S. Omg, how metero is everyone*! Shocked *The men. Razz

P.P.S. I didn't much like the woman's voice tbh.

Rusty wrote:

btw 4 days ago there was a small war, as he put it, between some armed (!!) bandits and the police right in front of his house :O

There's no denying that sharing info with your fans is a good thing, but I cannot shake off this uneasy feeling that he slightly overdid it this time. Neutral

Jeeeesus! That's insane! Shocked What was this "war" about? D: And also yeah, totally, that is just a little bit too (forgive me) close to home. Shocked Well, here's hoping none of his fans are super creepy stalkers.

Rusty wrote:

Remember the mafadsh beya vid? It was supposed to be released in November 2011 (!!)

Ah well, good things come to those who wait ;p
(I hope I'm not quoting the bible at this moment Blink)

Ehh, that's not soo bad compared to certains bands who like avoiding "proposed deadlines" The Vines and The Black Ships. Razz

And haha, I have no idea. :')
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Anysound wrote:

Ugh, yeah, it's so frustrating. Technology hates me, full stop. I had to buy a new laptop charger 3 months ago to replace mine which broke but it exploded (!!) and died a couple of days ago so now I have to buy a new one. Then there's my phone which hasn't been able to send/ receive calls for 80% of the time I've owned it, my set top box which never worked properly, my TV and DVD player which just broke (to be fair this was my fault, I tripped over the cord of the TV and it fell onto the DVD player, breaking them both Mad ) and the lights in our house which blow every few weeks (no one can give us an answer, not even the electricians). The lights are so expensive to replace and near impossible to, physically, too. I've lived without a TV, DVD player and ceiling light for months. :')
OOPS. I rambled. Sorry! :')
omg that really sucks Hug
Technology pffft, what a drag Neutral

When things like that are happening to me, I ponder about life in the old days and usually come to the conclusion that it wasn't so bad after all lol A good book had to suffice, haha

Anysound wrote:
And awh, no way would I hate it! It He was really adorable, how he kept smiling, awhh. Love
^_^

Anysound wrote:
And woow, I love the sound of the instrument the person to the left is playing! It sounds Chinese!

It's the qanun, one of the traditional Arabic instruments and omg I love it!
And yeah, it does sound a bit Chinese lol

Anysound wrote:
And the atmosphere in that studio (??) seems so homely and lovely. Also I love the guy with the tambourine, hahah. :')
Haha, that chubby creature is another Ramy, Ramy Sabry, and believe or not, he has a fantastic voice Very Happy (It's not what you would expect after hearing those sounds he emits there lol)
Just listen to this song, wow Very Happy

Anysound wrote:
P.S. Omg, how metero is everyone*! Shocked *The men. Razz
What? Blink You mean, Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Gayviolet?? ;p

Anysound wrote:
P.P.S. I didn't much like the woman's voice tbh.
Arab men have truly awesome voices, but the same cannot be said about Arab women Neutral Or maybe I'm just biased, heh

Anysound wrote:
Jeeeesus! That's insane! Shocked What was this "war" about? D:
He didn't exactly specify, he went on praising the courage of the police and there was some stuff I wasn't able to decipher, sadly :S

Anysound wrote:
And also yeah, totally, that is just a little bit too (forgive me) close to home. Shocked Well, here's hoping none of his fans are super creepy stalkers.
lol I guess it's a good thing I don't live in Cairo after all, otherwise he'd sure have one ;p
But God, this thing nearly gave me a heart attack! And remember that car accident the other day? (!!)

This man will be the cause of my premature death** one of these days, I'm sure of it Neutral

**him or the Egyptian syntax lol

Anysound wrote:
Ehh, that's not soo bad compared to certains bands who like avoiding "proposed deadlines" The Vines and The Black Ships. Razz
Haha I suppose so... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Rusty wrote:

omg that really sucks Hug
Technology pffft, what a drag Neutral

When things like that are happening to me, I ponder about life in the old days and usually come to the conclusion that it wasn't so bad after all lol A good book had to suffice, haha

Guess what? Another incident to add to the list: My phone's memory card broke so now it won't be received by my phone. Thankfully, I can still retrieve files from the card but some photos are stuck on my phone forever. Sad

Also yeah, I often think about it too. Mostly because my mum is in my ear saying, "Things like this never happened back when I was your age." Razz (Like when my laptop crashes and I lose massive amounts of work Mad And I may or may not have cried over it once... but that was an important assessment task, due the next day, I'm not that insane!)

Rusty wrote:

It's the qanun, one of the traditional Arabic instruments and omg I love it!
And yeah, it does sound a bit Chinese lol
Oh, woooops, sorry, I'm an idiot. Embarassed
But ahh, amazing! So hypnotic. Shocked

Rusty wrote:

Haha, that chubby creature is another Ramy, Ramy Sabry, and believe or not, he has a fantastic voice Very Happy (It's not what you would expect after hearing those sounds he emits there lol)
Just listen to this song, wow Very Happy

Is Ramy a really popular name in Egypt or something? hehe Razz
Also heeey he's not that dissimilar to Ramy, nice! Very Happy But ugh, how it kept stopping/ starting. That was a bit annoying.

Rusty wrote:

What? Blink You mean, Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Gayviolet?? ;p
Haha, kind of! Razz

Rusty wrote:

Arab men have truly awesome voices, but the same cannot be said about Arab women Neutral Or maybe I'm just biased, heh

Razz Hahah. I think I am a bit biased too. I checked out a couple of female artists who sing in Arabic but none of them were anywhere neaaar as impressive as our one-and-only.

Rusty wrote:

He didn't exactly specify, he went on praising the courage of the police and there was some stuff I wasn't able to decipher, sadly :S
Ohh okay. That's okay, thanks for deciphering what you did anyway! Good job. Very Happy

Rusty wrote:

lol I guess it's a good thing I don't live in Cairo after all, otherwise he'd sure have one ;p
But God, this thing nearly gave me a heart attack! And remember that car accident the other day? (!!)

This man will be the cause of my premature death** one of these days, I'm sure of it Neutral

**him or the Egyptian syntax lol

Cheeky! Razz I'm sure you wouldn't be thaaat creepy. :')
Also yeah, it is pretty weird all this has happened but don't worry, I'm sure it's just all a scary coincidence. I bet it's all over now.

Also how is your Arabic coming along, then? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Anysound wrote:

Guess what? Another incident to add to the list: My phone's memory card broke so now it won't be received by my phone. Thankfully, I can still retrieve files from the card but some photos are stuck on my phone forever. Sad

Also yeah, I often think about it too. Mostly because my mum is in my ear saying, "Things like this never happened back when I was your age." Razz (Like when my laptop crashes and I lose massive amounts of work Mad And I may or may not have cried over it once... but that was an important assessment task, due the next day, I'm not that insane!)
omg it never rains etc etc Hug

Anysound wrote:
Oh, woooops, sorry, I'm an idiot. Embarassed
Whyyy?? It really sounds a bit Chinese Blink

Anysound wrote:
Is Ramy a really popular name in Egypt or something? hehe Razz
Not that popular, no
I'm glad that his parents showed some ingenuity in this respect, and didn't name him Mohamed or Ahmed haha (his brothers were less fortunate ;p)

Anysound wrote:
Also heeey he's not that dissimilar to Ramy, nice! Very Happy

I hope you mean his voice ;p

Anysound wrote:
Razz Hahah. I think I am a bit biased too. I checked out a couple of female artists who sing in Arabic but none of them were anywhere neaaar as impressive as our one-and-only.

aww... Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Happy0169

Anysound wrote:
Ohh okay. That's okay, thanks for deciphering what you did anyway! Good job. Very Happy
Thanks (:

Anysound wrote:
Cheeky! Razz I'm sure you wouldn't be thaaat creepy. :')
Are you absolutely sure you're sure? ;p
I can be veeery persistent and clingy, you know Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Tongue0006

Anysound wrote:
Also yeah, it is pretty weird all this has happened but don't worry, I'm sure it's just all a scary coincidence. I bet it's all over now.
Ohh, I sure hope so...

Still, I'm reading this book about everyday life in Cairo and the author says that they drive like maniacs there, to put it mildy Neutral
I've truly started to fear for his life
(I wonder if he drives like a maniac too lol)

Anyway.
He's in Dubai now and he seems to be perfectly OK Very Happy

Looook, a brand new pic (from Dubai)

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Dubai

...................................................................................................Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Happy0169

Anysound wrote:
Also how is your Arabic coming along, then? Very Happy
Slowly but steadily, thanks Very Happy

It's such fun to write it, you have no idea Woot
You should see my mother's face when she catches me at it LOL

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 IMG_0945-1-1
omg I'm such a show-off :S

even my Garf looks on with total disapproval Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Rusty wrote:

I don't understand the disapproval. I have such a hard time with other languages. It takes hard work and dedication to learn a new language. Especially when it involves a different alphabet.

I wanted to share this new Van Halen song with you because about halfway thru it sounds sort of like Ramy's music in one part, like an arabic rift 2:20 ~ 2:35.

Anyways, it is my favorite song off their new album. I think it highlights both Eddie and combines Woffie's bass sound.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Suzy wrote:
Rusty wrote:

I don't understand the disapproval. I have such a hard time with other languages. It takes hard work and dedication to learn a new language. Especially when it involves a different alphabet.

I believe what he disapproves of is the sickeningly mushy (=fangirly) nature of what I wrote there ;p

Suzy wrote:
I wanted to share this new Van Halen song with you because about halfway thru it sounds sort of like Ramy's music in one part, like an arabic rift 2:20 ~ 2:35.
Hmm... doesn't sound very Arabic to me Razz
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Rusty wrote:

Whyyy?? It really sounds a bit Chinese Blink

Ohh, I thought you were only saying that to be polite, haha.

Rusty wrote:

Not that popular, no
I'm glad that his parents showed some ingenuity in this respect, and didn't name him Mohamed or Ahmed haha (his brothers were less fortunate ;p)

I've forgotten, are they both of his brothers' names? Razz

Rusty wrote:

I hope you mean his voice ;p

Hahah, yes, of course! :')

Rusty wrote:

Are you absolutely sure you're sure? ;p
I can be veeery persistent and clingy, you know Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Tongue0006

Hey, so can I! Maybe we should both move near Ramy and become his stalkers! :') And since we'll be his most intensive and creepy fans - yet we care so much for his safety - we know he'll be safe! Razz

Rusty wrote:

Still, I'm reading this book about everyday life in Cairo and the author says that they drive like maniacs there, to put it mildy Neutral
I've truly started to fear for his life
(I wonder if he drives like a maniac too lol)

Anyway.
He's in Dubai now and he seems to be perfectly OK Very Happy

Looook, a brand new pic (from Dubai)

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Dubai

...................................................................................................Ramy Gamal - Page 2 Happy0169

Really? That's a bit... worrying. Shocked Especially if it's in a book (haha). o_o
Don't worry though, I'm suuure he will be fine. Smile

And woooow, it's the Burj Al Arab! Awesome! Very Happy So cute he got a photo of himself with it (looking very cute, I must say ^_^). I wonder if he can afford to stay there. Razz

Rusty wrote:

Slowly but steadily, thanks Very Happy

Awhh, no way is that showing off! That's awesome! Very Happy
Hahah I can imagine, but it seems so hard. It's like calligraphy or something. Shocked But ooh, what does it say?! Very Happy

Btw, I have a (really, really lame) surprise for you! Very Happy Unfortunately I don't know when I'll be able to show you though because, as you know, my phone's memory card broke so I can't take a photo of it. I'm going to have to borrow my mum's phone I think but she needs it during the day so it might be a little while before I can show you this really lame thing. I'm emphasising the "really lame" part so you don't get your hopes up haha. :') Most people wouldn't even think twice about this thing but I just have to show you it because I'm lame. You're going to think I'm a freak. :')
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Anysound wrote:

I've forgotten, are they both of his brothers' names? Razz
Yeah.
Just imagine... Mohamed Gamal Neutral
eeek lol

Anysound wrote:
Hey, so can I! Maybe we should both move near Ramy and become his stalkers! :') And since we'll be his most intensive and creepy fans - yet we care so much for his safety - we know he'll be safe! Razz
Haha, that would be freakin awesome Wink
(and I believe "freakin" is the operative word here ;p)

Anysound wrote:
Really? That's a bit... worrying. Shocked Especially if it's in a book (haha). o_o
Don't worry though, I'm suuure he will be fine. Smile
Ohh, I hope so... *sigh*
btw That reminds me of an Arab meme I've seen recently that went something like, Arab drivers Y U drive like you're in Nascar (LOL)

Anysound wrote:
And woooow, it's the Burj Al Arab! Awesome! Very Happy So cute he got a photo of himself with it (looking very cute, I must say ^_^).
Aww, I'm so glad that you said that ^_^

Anysound wrote:
I wonder if he can afford to stay there. Razz
Haha I'm sure he can ;p
He must have loads of money, despiteallthatnotquitesolegaldownloading Fear

Anysound wrote:
Awhh, no way is that showing off! That's awesome! Very Happy
Woot thaaanks Hug

Anysound wrote:
Hahah I can imagine, but it seems so hard. It's like calligraphy or something. Shocked

The most tricky thing is that it's not just a different alphabet; the letters change shape depending on their position in the word lol
and there are also different versions of some letters, but I won't bore you with that, heh

Anysound wrote:
But ooh, what does it say?! Very Happy
Uhh... nothing really interesting :S
You're so beautiful my Ramy and you're the best singer in the whole world**# and I love you sooo much :$ :$ :$ (I think you can guess what those two words with the heart down at the bottom are :$)

**don't know how to say "feckin" in Arabic ;p

# Fact. Fear

Anysound wrote:
Btw, I have a (really, really lame) surprise for you! Very Happy Unfortunately I don't know when I'll be able to show you though because, as you know, my phone's memory card broke so I can't take a photo of it. I'm going to have to borrow my mum's phone I think but she needs it during the day so it might be a little while before I can show you this really lame thing. I'm emphasising the "really lame" part so you don't get your hopes up haha. :') Most people wouldn't even think twice about this thing but I just have to show you it because I'm lame. You're going to think I'm a freak. :')
omg you sure know how to tantalize people bounce
What is it, what what WHAT??? Woot
Did you by any chance find... hmm... a Gamal Street somewhere? Wink
And don't worry, anything even remotely connected with him will be far from lame Very Happy

Anyway.

A new song!

ansak (I forget you) - رامي جمال

Actually, it's not new, he wrote it for Waled Samara back in 2007, but he recorded it himself just recently. (Perhaps anticipating that Dubai trip he decided that some extra cash would come in handy Razz)
Not one of his best songs, I'm sorry to say, but his voice is as captivating as ever Love
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:29 am

Rusty wrote:

Yeah.
Just imagine... Mohamed Gamal Neutral
eeek lol

Razz It could be worse.

Rusty wrote:

Ohh, I hope so... *sigh*
btw That reminds me of an Arab meme I've seen recently that went something like, Arab drivers Y U drive like you're in Nascar (LOL)

Hahah, awesome! I literally laughed out loud. :')
Btw, motor sports are the worst. >Sad

Rusty wrote:

Haha I'm sure he can ;p
He must have loads of money, despiteallthatnotquitesolegaldownloading Fear

Wooopsyyyy. Rolling Eyes

Rusty wrote:

The most tricky thing is that it's not just a different alphabet; the letters change shape depending on their position in the word lol
and there are also different versions of some letters, but I won't bore you with that, heh

Oh my god, seriously?! That sounds almost as bad interesting as Chinese, which doesn't really use an alphabet at all. O_O

Rusty wrote:

Uhh... nothing really interesting :S
You're so beautiful my Ramy and you're the best singer in the whole world**# and I love you sooo much :$ :$ :$ (I think you can guess what those two words with the heart down at the bottom are :$)

**don't know how to say "feckin" in Arabic ;p

# Fact. Fear

AwhawhawhahwhahwhhhAWHHH. That is sooo cute! :Wub: SEND IT TO HIM NOW K GO NOW GO SEND IT TO HIM. Razz
And hmm, your name?

Rusty wrote:

omg you sure know how to tantalize people bounce
What is it, what what WHAT??? Woot
Did you by any chance find... hmm... a Gamal Street somewhere? Wink
And don't worry, anything even remotely connected with him will be far from lame Very Happy

Neutral Uhm... well.. actually... it's not got anything to do with Ramy. pale I probably should have made that clear. Ahh, I'm sorry. Now I feel really stupid because I know it's going to be even lamer than anything you expected before. No

Rusty wrote:

ansak (I forget you) - رامي جمال

Actually, it's not new, he wrote it for Waled Samara back in 2007, but he recorded it himself just recently. (Perhaps anticipating that Dubai trip he decided that some extra cash would come in handy Razz)
Not one of his best songs, I'm sorry to say, but his voice is as captivating as ever Love

Ohh, very nice indeed. Just a taaad boring but his voice is lovely as usual. Love
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Anysound wrote:

Razz It could be worse.
Haha I suppose so lol
but I'm glad he has such a nice name ^_^

Anysound wrote:
Btw, motor sports are the worst. >Sad
True.

Anysound wrote:
Oh my god, seriously?! That sounds almost as bad interesting as Chinese, which doesn't really use an alphabet at all. O_O
Haha, it's not that bad lol
After all, they do have an alphabet and that's a relief
Still, things are more complex than just the shape of the letters.
It's the vowel/consonant thing Neutral
Only long vowels are actually spelled, for short ones they use diacritical marks.
Ramy is fortunate, cos the second A in his surname is long (Gama:l), and it means "beauty"
جمال Gma:l
Now look at this one: جمل
It's pronounced "gamal" (both "A"s are short), so only the consonants are spelled here (gml), and this word means "camel" LOL

Sorry, I'd said I wouldn't bore you with details, sorry sorry sorry :S

Anysound wrote:
AwhawhawhahwhahwhhhAWHHH. That is sooo cute! :Wub:
Haha thanks (:

Anysound wrote:
SEND IT TO HIM NOW K GO NOW GO SEND IT TO HIM. Razz
omg you're kiddin', right? Blink

Anysound wrote:
And hmm, your name?
Noooo lol Why should I heart myself? It's his Love name ;p

Anysound wrote:
Neutral Uhm... well.. actually... it's not got anything to do with Ramy. pale I probably should have made that clear. Ahh, I'm sorry. Now I feel really stupid because I know it's going to be even lamer than anything you expected before. No
You are soooooo exasperating sometimes lol
Whaaaaaaaat iiiiiiiiiis iiiiiiiit??????? bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:23 am

Rusty wrote:

Haha, it's not that bad lol
After all, they do have an alphabet and that's a relief
Still, things are more complex than just the shape of the letters.
It's the vowel/consonant thing Neutral
Only long vowels are actually spelled, for short ones they use diacritical marks.
Ramy is fortunate, cos the second A in his surname is long (Gama:l), and it means "beauty"
جمال Gma:l
Now look at this one: جمل
It's pronounced "gamal" (both "A"s are short), so only the consonants are spelled here (gml), and this word means "camel" LOL

Sorry, I'd said I wouldn't bore you with details, sorry sorry sorry :S

Awh, nooo, noo, don't apologise! It's not boring, it's just... Neutral complicated for an idiot like me. I didn't even see the difference between those words at first. Razz Props to you though, that's just so awesome you're dedicated to learning it! ^_^
But hahah, that's so funny. "Camel". :')

Rusty wrote:
omg you're kiddin', right? Blink

Hahah, yes, of course! Razz

Rusty wrote:

You are soooooo exasperating sometimes lol
Whaaaaaaaat iiiiiiiiiis iiiiiiiit??????? bounce bounce bounce

Sorryyyy. Razz A whole lot of reasons prevented me getting a photo of it and now it's the holidays so I won't be able to anymore for a while but it was... a little children's book featuring a character called Rusty. Embarassed I told you it's really, really lame. >_<

P.S. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN.
(I know, I know. I can't talk. Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:44 am

I miss you. ;_;
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:27 am

Anysound wrote:

Awh, nooo, noo, don't apologise! It's not boring, it's just... Neutral complicated for an idiot like me. I didn't even see the difference between those words at first. Razz Props to you though, that's just so awesome you're dedicated to learning it! ^_^
Props? Perhaps, but sometimes it gives me a propser... I mean proper ;p headache lol

btw You are NOT an idiot!!! bounce

Anysound wrote:

But hahah, that's so funny. "Camel". :')
Poor Rammeh lol

Anysound wrote:
Hahah, yes, of course! Razz

Oops, too late. I've already sent it Neutral
kiddin' ;p

Anysound wrote:
Sorryyyy. Razz A whole lot of reasons prevented me getting a photo of it and now it's the holidays so I won't be able to anymore for a while but it was... a little children's book featuring a character called Rusty. Embarassed I told you it's really, really lame. >_<
Nooo, it's not lame at all, it's cute! Very Happy
Is this Rusty a human person or an animal? lol

Anysound wrote:

Oh soorrrry... But you see, uhh... I sort of sensed (or at least I thought I did) that you'd lost interest in all this stuff here, got bored with Ramy and everything... Sad I felt sooo sad, but I gathered you'd find posts like Elena where the heck are youuuu?!! annoying in the extreme, so I kept my trap shut :S
Anyway, I went to my summer refuge for a couple of weeks (took my Arabic stuff and a supply of headache pills ;p)

Anysound wrote:
(I know, I know. I can't talk. Rolling Eyes )
No, you definitely CANNOT Razz

Anysound wrote:
I miss you. ;_;
Hug

Anyway.
Back to the topic, perhaps? :S

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 NewalbumYaY

Tarkeba Ghareba, that's the title of his new album (which is out after the Ramadan Rolling Eyes)
btw Unless my memory totally fails me, somebody somewhere likes suits Shifty

And heeey, it's his birthday today! Woot

koll sana wenta tayeeb, you beautiful Egyptian you Love

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 MybeautifulEgyptian

edit: I'm going away again for a week or two :S

But before I go.... here's a brand new Rammeh song, hope you'll like it (:

See you soon, habibte Hug
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:12 am

Rusty wrote:

Nooo, it's not lame at all, it's cute! Very Happy
Is this Rusty a human person or an animal? lol

Rusty is a little calf. ^_^ He stars in his own book!

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 04092012005

And at the end he learns a very valuable lesson!

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 04092012003

Rusty wrote:

Anysound wrote:

Oh soorrrry... But you see, uhh... I sort of sensed (or at least I thought I did) that you'd lost interest in all this stuff here, got bored with Ramy and everything... Sad I felt sooo sad, but I gathered you'd find posts like Elena where the heck are youuuu?!! annoying in the extreme, so I kept my trap shut :S
Anyway, I went to my summer refuge for a couple of weeks (took my Arabic stuff and a supply of headache pills ;p)

Awhh, noo! I've just been super busy with school and other personal stuff. Any time I spend on the internet usually goes to Tumblr where my greatest priorities lie (in the form of FYTV and such). I know Kate keeps a good reign on this place so I have kind of neglected the forum. I could come here more often but I wouldn't be able to devote much time to it, so I choose to come when I have a bit more time to watch videos/ listen to links you give and reply to posts, you know? I'm sorry. Sad I hate it, but visiting forums has become a bullet point on my ever-growing "to-do" lists. Not forever though! Just a few more months... Sad

Anyway, I hope your little trip away was nice. Smile

Rusty wrote:

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 NewalbumYaY

Tarkeba Ghareba, that's the title of his new album (which is out after the Ramadan Rolling Eyes)
btw Unless my memory totally fails me, somebody somewhere likes suits Shifty

And heeey, it's his birthday today! Woot

koll sana wenta tayeeb, you beautiful Egyptian you Love

Ramy Gamal - Page 2 MybeautifulEgyptian

edit: I'm going away again for a week or two :S

But before I go.... here's a brand new Rammeh song, hope you'll like it (:

See you soon, habibte Hug

Haha yes! That is a nice album cover. Love Good to hear the new album is on the way - he's finally getting around to writing music to actually be released under his own name! Razz

And awhhh, happy (belated) birthday to him! ^_^ How old did he turn?

Thanks for the link, I really enjoyed the new song! It's gorgeous.

And I hope you had a nice time away again. I hope nothing too crazy is happening with you that is causing these retreats to be necessary. Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ramy Gamal   Ramy Gamal - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ramy Gamal
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: Off Topic :: Music-
Jump to: