The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hypothetical Futures of The Vines

Go down 
+6
Thinkhappythoughts67
CherryWaves
goodbye
Kitty
thelivingvines
Howl
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Howl

Howl

Hypothetical Futures of The Vines Empty
PostSubject: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:22 pm

I thought it would be fun if we had a thread dedicated to the weird things we'd like to see Craig/Whoever do in the future. The ideas can be truly bizarre and totally unrealistic or they can be things that you'd genuinely be interested in seeing happen.

I propose that Craig releases an album consisting entirely of Britpop covers, since he so loves his britpop and seems to do such brilliant covers. The tracklist should be as follows.

1) I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys (already done)
2) Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz (already done)
3) The Drowners - Suede (I envision the chorus being sung like Country Yard's chorus)
4) I'm Just A Killer For Your Love - Blur (with some of Craig's heavenly screams replacing the distorted guitars in the background)
5) Roll With It - Oasis (with, like, eight layers of vocals singing at once. I imagine it to be softer than the original.)
6) The Drugs Don't Work - The Verve (completely a capella. In place of the strings in the original, Craig does his gorgeous "ooohs" and "ahhhs")
7) Fools Gold - The Stone Roses (stripped back and raw, kind of like how they did Clint Eastwood. Craig can slur all the words together and make it dreamy)
Cool Kinky Afro - Happy Monday (honestly, if he did it just like the original, it would be pretty darn bad-ass)
9) Moving - Supergrass (I think this one speaks for itself)
10) Death On the Stairs - The Libertines (slowed down and fuzzed out like IBYLGOTD)

Ok, I'll think of more later.

NOW YOU! Can be anything, wild and wacky or dull and dreary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
thelivingvines

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 pm

I always thought it would be cool if they did a sort of double album. Recorded at the same time but released a couple of months apart. The albums would be completely contrasting - but done by the same producer of course. Unfortunately that probably means having Rob Schnapf back as a producer to pull it off. There's always Gil Norton though I suppose..

a) highly produced vs lo fi
b) acoustic / harmonic vs raw rockier tunes

Two different shows for each one perhaps....

I suppose it's a similar idea to foo fighters' in your honour, but with a slight twist.

I wish they'd work with Nick Launay. He'd get a cracker of an album out of them.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 am

I'm thinking of several options:

• Craig continues on with The Vines and tend to go as long as possible
  • Craig does a solo career/side project and collaborations
  • Craig hides away from the public eye and take up painting or something else

Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Very Happy

Well, I'd love a Craig Nicholls + Damon Albarn proyect.

That would be awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CherryWaves

CherryWaves

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:26 pm

Kitty wrote:

The last option is totally Syd Barrett.
Back to top Go down
http://temptwithhoursofpleasure.tumblr.com/
Thinkhappythoughts67

Thinkhappythoughts67

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:00 am

CherryWaves wrote:
Kitty wrote:

The last option is totally Syd Barrett.

Omg i thought exactly the same Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://thinkhappythoughts67.tumblr.com
Jane20

Jane20

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:47 am

Whatever the outcome, I just hope that he is at peace with himself and that his fans accept his decisions.
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:34 am

Jane20 wrote:
Whatever the outcome, I just hope that he is at peace with himself and that his fans accept his decisions.

That's a really nice way to look at this, and I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
effervescingelephant

effervescingelephant

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:26 am

6) The Drugs Don't Work - The Verve (completely a capella. In place of the strings in the original, Craig does his gorgeous "ooohs" and "ahhhs")

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Jane20

Jane20

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Anysound wrote:
Jane20 wrote:

As I am not Craig I cannot speak on his behalf but at the end of the day he is just another human populating this earth who is just following his own instincts and trying to do something with his life for his own satisfaction which should come first before other peoples. He may have needed or wanted to play for people/audience’s to share his music and inspire although his intentions may have changed and he may not need that anymore, he may just want to do it for himself or focus on other creative endeavors. It seems some fans spend too much time trying to analyse his lyrics and behaviour and compare him to other artists like kurt cobain and syd barrett just because they had similar interests, took drugs, and weren’t completely mentally stable and I just don’t think that is very fair. I don’t think people will ever be able to understand the true extent of the pressures, demands or troubles that are placed on others whether it be in the music industry or in other professions. The focus should be on the music and I think people pay way more attention to his personal life. Ultimately fans should be grateful that they have been able to experience his music and even see him perform. I am sure there are people out there whose lives would be influenced for the better by his music and haven’t come across it yet, his fans should be glad they have and be patient.
Back to top Go down
Thinkhappythoughts67

Thinkhappythoughts67

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:00 am

Jane20 wrote:
Anysound wrote:
Jane20 wrote:

As I am not Craig I cannot speak on his behalf but at the end of the day he is just another human populating this earth who is just following his own instincts and trying to do something with his life for his own satisfaction which should come first before other peoples. He may have needed or wanted to play for people/audience’s to share his music and inspire although his intentions may have changed and he may not need that anymore, he may just want to do it for himself or focus on other creative endeavors. It seems some fans spend too much time trying to analyse his lyrics and behaviour and compare him to other artists like kurt cobain and syd barrett just because they had similar interests, took drugs, and weren’t completely mentally stable and I just don’t think that is very fair. I don’t think people will ever be able to understand the true extent of the pressures, demands or troubles that are placed on others whether it be in the music industry or in other professions. The focus should be on the music and I think people pay way more attention to his personal life. Ultimately fans should be grateful that they have been able to experience his music and even see him perform. I am sure there are people out there whose lives would be influenced for the better by his music and haven’t come across it yet, his fans should be glad they have and be patient.

I completely agree with almost everything, I haven't had the chance to see them live (and I don't think i ever will) but i only want Craig to be okay and i hope that he continues doing music and that we hear more from him in the future. I think it's normal that people like speculating and talking about the personal life of most of the artists in general, we don't even know how must it feels to be in a band, we can imagine but we'll never know for sure - except if one of us becomes famous one day Razz - But i don't think we've been focusing on his personal life, i mean we don't even have news about him or anybody in the band really, we are just guessing and it's obvious we are concerned about his future, anyway we can all agree that we know the importance of the music.

Back to top Go down
http://thinkhappythoughts67.tumblr.com
thelivingvines

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:25 am

thelivingvines wrote:
I always thought it would be cool if they did a sort of double album. Recorded at the same time but released a couple of months apart. The albums would be completely contrasting - but done by the same producer of course. Unfortunately that probably means having Rob Schnapf back as a producer to pull it off. There's always Gil Norton though I suppose..

a) highly produced vs lo fi
b) acoustic / harmonic vs raw rockier tunes

Two different shows for each one perhaps....

I suppose it's a similar idea to foo fighters' in your honour, but with a slight twist.

I wish they'd work with Nick Launay. He'd get a cracker of an album out of them.

..... and what did Green Day announce only days after I wrote this? ... weird.
Back to top Go down
platinum

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:50 pm

At this point, a solo album or a Vines album would probably have the same material on them. That being said, it would be a poor choice to not use the vines name. I love this band, but they aren't popular enough to merit ditching the band name and going solo.

I think a Vines album with a new sound would be great. We've got the same kind of album 5 times already. I think it would bring attention to the band if Craig tried something new.

Either that, or perhaps he start a new band with another established artist, being a co-front man and co-songwriter. Hey, it worked for Brendan Benson and Jack White.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Futures of The Vines   Hypothetical Futures of The Vines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical Futures of The Vines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: The Vines :: General Discussion-
Jump to: