The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New record! NO NO Two new records

Go down 
+22
braindead
borgy
Livbeke
Ally Nicholls
Lloyd55555
Suzy
fender101
thelivingvines
Mrs_Elise
Howl
Anysound
Vinesfan02
Maria Jose
on_safari
(((A Name)))
Koala Owl
Bwadi
Kitty
Lydier
anaobrad
Thinkhappythoughts67
goodbye
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anysound

Anysound

New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 6:05 am

maleaballay wrote:

THANK YOUUUU ANYSOUND! Love your words.

I tell you, I know Blur fans and Gorillaz fans very very well (since 2001) and all of them are awesome and cool and I have so many friends thanks to Damon Albarn, but the The Vines fans have some tender and love, some sweetness and companionship... I don't know, so friendly and welcoming; so I think everyone here deserve something like that letter. Maybe the The vines fans are like that because Craig is sweet and friendly.

I am not saying that Damon Albarn isn't sweet, he is lovely!!, but Craig is sooo special ♥️

Awh, no problem. ^_^

Also I totally understand what you mean. Almost everyone within The Vines' fan community seem to have something of that lovely, harmonious spirit that seems to pour so sweetly from Craig's soul and into his music. You're right, maybe it's some type of cause-and-effect relationship. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Maria Jose

Maria Jose

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:53 am

Anysound wrote:
maleaballay wrote:

THANK YOUUUU ANYSOUND! Love your words.

I tell you, I know Blur fans and Gorillaz fans very very well (since 2001) and all of them are awesome and cool and I have so many friends thanks to Damon Albarn, but the The Vines fans have some tender and love, some sweetness and companionship... I don't know, so friendly and welcoming; so I think everyone here deserve something like that letter. Maybe the The vines fans are like that because Craig is sweet and friendly.

I am not saying that Damon Albarn isn't sweet, he is lovely!!, but Craig is sooo special ♥️

Awh, no problem. ^_^

Also I totally understand what you mean. Almost everyone within The Vines' fan community seem to have something of that lovely, harmonious spirit that seems to pour so sweetly from Craig's soul and into his music. You're right, maybe it's some type of cause-and-effect relationship. Smile
Hug
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 am

Maria Jose wrote:

Hug

Hug
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Last night I dreamt that about Craig and Nick introducing their new collaboration to a live audience in an airport car park. Craig was on keyboards and there were strobe lights. That is all.

There should be a new Viney Dreams thread.
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Kitty wrote:
Last night I dreamt that about Craig and Nick introducing their new collaboration to a live audience in an airport car park. Craig was on keyboards and there were strobe lights. That is all.

Hahah! Awesome. There should be! Make it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Anysound wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Hahah! Awesome. There should be! Make it! Very Happy

Done and done.

https://thevines.forumotion.com/t167-where-did-the-vines-appeared-in-your-dreams#6637
Back to top Go down
Lydier

Lydier

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:11 am

Kitty wrote:

Haha that sounds like an AWESOME dream! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Elise

Mrs_Elise

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:39 pm

I couldn't be happier to hear that Craig is doing another album, wonderful news & thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
thelivingvines

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Been listening to Vision Valley a lot this past week. I really hope Craig / The Vines work with Wayne Connolly again at some point - Vision Valley is their most honest record. No Rob Schnapf over production, no overdoing the electronica: everything is in balance and more importantly true to The Vines sound.

I reiterate that I have always wished they would work with Nick Launay - his style is simply meant for The Vines especially given the influences the band draws on.
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Elise

Mrs_Elise

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:02 am

I love the sound of Vision Valley as well, there is just something about it that seems personal
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:50 am

I completely agree. I have played Vision Valley a lot this week and fell in love with its sincerity and humility all over again. Love
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:57 am

I've wondered if Craig would ever do something like Silverchair's "Neon Ballroom". Because he's always said how he likes melodies in his music, maybe he'd do a song like "emotion sickness". I know he's done something similar with "True As The Night" but the strings in it weren't played throughout the whole song. And carry on the electronic effects from FP & just use it a bit less in the album, kinda like "Anthem for the Year 2000" or "Spawn Again". + Nick Launay also produced the album as well.
Back to top Go down
http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:20 am

Highly Evolved wrote:
I've wondered if Craig would ever do something like Silverchair's "Neon Ballroom". Because he's always said how he likes melodies in his music, maybe he'd do a song like "emotion sickness". I know he's done something similar with "True As The Night" but the strings in it weren't played throughout the whole song. And carry on the electronic effects from FP & just use it a bit less in the album, kinda like "Anthem for the Year 2000" or "Spawn Again". + Nick Launay also produced the album as well.

I really, really hope we get to hear something from him/ The Vines' management regarding the new album soon. bounce
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:22 am

Anysound wrote:
Highly Evolved wrote:

I really, really hope we get to hear something from him/ The Vines' management regarding the new album soon. bounce

Also, people should keep an eye on PNAU's news & anything regarding to Nick, seeing he was in the UK with Craig & all.
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Highly Evolved wrote:

Also, people should keep an eye on PNAU's news & anything regarding to Nick, seeing he was in the UK with Craig & all.

Good thinking!
Back to top Go down
fender101

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:46 am

so keen to hear new music from craig. and i hope a few live shows Smile. just wondering when did Craig go to the UK with Nick and what was the purpose?
Back to top Go down
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:33 am

I don't know if you already have seen this Wink It's an Pnau interview of the July 12

Quote :
ILM: Is there anything else we've missed that you'd like to tell us about?

Pnau: There is the new album I've just made with my brother "who is one half of Tonite Only", Craig Nicholls from "The Vines" and Nick Launay who needs no introduction...........

take it from here
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:15 am

maleaballay wrote:
I don't know if you already have seen this Wink It's an Pnau interview of the July 12

Quote :

Pnau: There is the new album I've just made with my brother "who is one half of Tonite Only", Craig Nicholls from "The Vines" and Nick Launay who needs no introduction...........

take it from here

I guess his wish just came true.
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:28 am

Quote :

New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 23894042

Last edited by Highly Evolved on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:08 pm

I only have one question

In that note Pnau says:
"There is the new album I've just made with, bla bla"

And in the Craig's letter he says: I am in the studio now doing vocals on an album... ... are songs I have written"

(Just guessing) Are they talking about the same album?
or is going to be a Craig's album and another of Pnau where Craig collaborated?
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:02 am

maleaballay wrote:
I only have one question

In that note Pnau says:

And in the Craig's letter he says: I am in the studio now doing vocals on an album... ... are songs I have written"

I thinks it's more of Craig writing songs for the collaboration.
Back to top Go down
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Kitty wrote:
maleaballay wrote:
I only have one question

In that note Pnau says:

I thinks it's more of Craig writing songs for the collaboration.

Cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thelivingvines

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:00 pm

thelivingvines wrote:

I reiterate that I have always wished they would work with Nick Launay - his style is simply meant for The Vines especially given the influences the band draws on.

So chuffed. Nick is more of an old school rock producer though so I guess that's a sign of the kind of album we can expect. Hopefully they'll be recording onto tape rather than digitally so it'll have a huuuuuuge sound. Fingers crossed!

Although worryingly Tonite Only seem to be some sort of shitty dance act. Who knows... maybe it'll turn out like Phrazes for the Young. I really liked that album.

Oh and its working title is Empire of the Vines:

http://www.worldsend.com/news.asp?page=2&items=20

Back to top Go down
goodbye

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:35 pm

thelivingvines wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:

So chuffed. Nick is more of an old school rock producer though so I guess that's a sign of the kind of album we can expect. Hopefully they'll be recording onto tape rather than digitally so it'll have a huuuuuuge sound. Fingers crossed!

Although worryingly Tonite Only seem to be some sort of shitty dance act. Who knows... maybe it'll turn out like Phrazes for the Young. I really liked that album.

Quote :
Worlds End client NICK LAUNAY has been mixing the debut album by Nick Littlemore of "Empire of the Sun" & "Pnau" and Craig Nicholls from "The Vines".
With a working title of Empire of the Vines.

Very Happy Very Happy I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:49 pm

thelivingvines wrote:
thelivingvines wrote:

New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 Mashup10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New record! NO NO Two new records   New record! NO NO Two new records - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New record! NO NO Two new records
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: The Vines :: News-
Jump to: