The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

6th album?

Go down 
+22
suedehead
on_safari
VisionValley
stormboy
(((A Name)))
slashNOT
homesick831
thelivingvines
Jared541
Kitty
Fuzail
fender101
Masterman
CherryWaves
Hilton
camiloz
platinum
Koala Owl
Lloyd55555
Anysound
Bwadi
Treestar
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

6th album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Kitty wrote:
fender101 wrote:
So alot of the tour dates something with numbers have announced have been cancelled due to other comitments, fingers crossed this has something to do with lachy and the vines Very Happy

When was the SWN tour scheduled? Because it would give us a good idea of when the album will be coming out.

Think the tour was this coming week so I doubt it's then, but maybe a secret show or something? The new single is meant to be on its way. Was that you by the way asking the new drummer about the album on instagram?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thesharpears
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Lloyd55555 wrote:
Kitty wrote:
fender101 wrote:
So alot of the tour dates something with numbers have announced have been cancelled due to other comitments, fingers crossed this has something to do with lachy and the vines Very Happy

When was the SWN tour scheduled? Because it would give us a good idea of when the album will be coming out.

Think the tour was this coming week so I doubt it's then, but maybe a secret show or something? The new single is meant to be on its way. Was that you by the way asking the new drummer about the album on instagram?

Yeah that was me. Also Jake Grigg is currently studying at uni so I guess he wouldn't have time for SWN.

Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Jared541

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:54 pm

A friend of mine who works in the industry messaged me today saying that a colleague of hers interviewed the new drummer today and has on good authority that the album will be released between August/September. Guess that will be officially announced when the single drops soon.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:20 am

Jared541 wrote:
A friend of mine who works in the industry messaged me today saying that a colleague of hers interviewed the new drummer today and has on good authority that the album will be released between August/September. Guess that will be officially announced when the single drops soon.

So around Craig's birthday?
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:14 am

Jared541 wrote:

Good news and bad news, still a few months! Hopefully they'll get a 2 of singles out before then. Also, just notice that their website redirects you to their facebook now so I'm guess they're working on it for the new record. Wonder what happened to the nick littlemore thing too, hope that's out before August but I doubt it! I'll never believe Craig again when he says a new album's coming out soon!
Back to top Go down
Fuzail

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:00 am

No release date for announcement yet.

On 12/06/13 5:27 PM, "Nizami, Fuzail" <
> wrote:

Hi Mel,

No Melodia sucks, Do you have an approximate date on a release?
And thanks for such an immediate response, was not expecting that.

Fuzail

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:27 AM
To: Nizami, Fuzail
Subject: Re: The Vines

Hi Fuzail

There is a record from the vines coming out this year.

You should go buy Melodia! Thanks for all your support.

Mel

On 12/06/13 5:20 PM, "Nizami, Fuzail" <
wrote:
Hi Mel,

I am sorry to take up your time, but I just need a little confirmation. I am not crazy fanboy and will try to be as less annoying as possible. Can you please confirm that the Vines will indeed dish out an album in 2013 and Craig Nicholls will release one on his own as well. I just need a little confirmation, I am good for your client by the way I have bought all the albums except for Melodia. Anyway, just a little confirmation of the band’s activities, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Fuzail

Back to top Go down
thelivingvines

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:37 pm

While I love this band and I await anything Craig writes/records with eager and childlike anticipation, the lag time between recording and release of this album does not bode well. It reeks of being unable to find someone willing to distribute the record. Whether that's because of the quality of the songwriting/recording on the album or because a distributor doesn't want to be associated with Craig, I admit I do not know. 

I look forward to hearing what they come out with, but I am not expecting my mind to be blown like it was for the first 2 or 3 records.
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:51 am

thelivingvines wrote:
While I love this band and I await anything Craig writes/records with eager and childlike anticipation, the lag time between recording and release of this album does not bode well. It reeks of being unable to find someone willing to distribute the record. Whether that's because of the quality of the songwriting/recording on the album or because a distributor doesn't want to be associated with Craig, I admit I do not know. 

I look forward to hearing what they come out with, but I am not expecting my mind to be blown like it was for the first 2 or 3 records.

If the drummer is saying himself the first single is coming out pretty soon then I'd be thinking that they have found someone to distribute the album, then again not all members agree with all members (Anyone catch S.O.A.D's little facebook screw up?). They're still signed onto Sony Music Australia, if you look on their website in the artist roster The Vines are still there. I'd say the delay was more so getting Craig mentally fit for promotion/interviews/touring & such for the new album more than anything else (Plus Lachy's touring with his other band Something With Numbers), we won't know until we hear from the man himself though.

It might be because of the lack of popularity with the last album though, regarding the delay on no.6/finding distribution. It was the lowest charting of them all (24) & only stayed on for 2 weeks before sliding off. Also it was the first Vines album to not receive a certification from ARIA as well, and if you can't sell them like hotcakes then your label aren't happy chappies in the end, who knows.
Back to top Go down
http://bwadi.tumbr.com
homesick831

homesick831

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new here Smile. Actually, a long time reader of the forum but
this is my first post.Smile

Just thought I'd pass along this info that I found in an article from theMusic.com.au
website. It is from an interview with Something with Numbers called "Counting in the New". They are talking about Producer Lachlan Mitchell.

Adds the band’s ‘most recent acquisition’, Lachlan West, of Mitchell, “that was the first time I’d met him, and he’s really, really good to work with. He’s a very nurturing sort of producer and not too hung up on what your snare drum sounds like but cares about what the song as a whole is.” 
The drummer was obviously impressed enough with Mitchell to recommend him to Vines frontman Craig Nicholls. “I remember speaking to Craig about how much I really loved Lachlan’s work process, so we ended up doing the second half of the [forthcoming Vines] record with him.” The other half of the new Vines album, due for release in the latter half of this year, was produced by Paul McKercher.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 6:33 am

Hey homesick831, thanks for the info, at least that's some sort of confirmation that the album will be out this year! It's a shame that we can only get snippets of news like this, their management is being very hush hush about it. The fact that there's two producers is cool, should be interesting to see the different takes on the songs. Really hope the record is a return to form because the last two albums were good, but they don't quite hold up to the first three. Anyway, welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:29 am

Welcome homesick831! Nice to have you on board, and what a brilliant first post - someone has their eyes peeled for Vines news! Razz Thanks for posting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
homesick831

homesick831

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:15 am

Thanks Anysound! I'm just so excited Smile  I'm so curious to hear what the new album will sound like! (Although  probably anything Craig does I will be happy with)I love you
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:48 am

Not a problem, my Viney friend! ^_^ Me too. I'm keen to hear it too. Weird to think how much time and what events have transpired since the last album. It should be interesting to at least see how it's affected the music.

Btw, Homesick is probably my all-time favourite Vines song. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
homesick831

homesick831

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 8:06 am

Homesick is my absolute fav, too!I love you
Back to top Go down
fender101

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:43 am

Who else thinks the vines may be the splendour mystery act, alt-j have pretty much been ruled out something is comming mid july which is pretty much splendour ?
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:04 am

fender101 wrote:
Who else thinks the vines may be the splendour mystery act, alt-j have pretty much been ruled out something is comming mid july which is pretty much splendour ?

Maybe. The Splendour people said that there's a clue about the mystery act in the poster design on their website.

http://splendourinthegrass.com/news.html
Back to top Go down
fender101

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:17 am

The poster just reminds me of Boy & bear but their already on the lineup hmm
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:44 am

fender101 wrote:
The poster just reminds me of Boy & bear but their already on the lineup hmm

Those flags on the tree look very V-shaped and Vine-y...
Back to top Go down
fender101

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Thinking the same thing some of the branches on the left hand side look kinda viney too! everytime craig has breakdown and needs time off they always play a mystery show seeing as how it didn't happen with you am i on the hourly daily tour and alt-j pretty much have written themselves off i think this has the vines written all over it like what other band needs this more ? let's just hope anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
slashNOT

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 3:44 pm

do the Vines not play splendour every year?
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:11 am

fender101 wrote:
Thinking the same thing some of the branches on the left hand side look kinda viney too! everytime craig has breakdown and needs time off they always play a mystery show seeing as how it didn't happen with you am i on the hourly daily tour and alt-j pretty much have written themselves off i think this has the vines written all over it like what other band needs this more ? let's just hope anyway Smile

Also they always play on the last day of SITG and their placement on the line-up is usually where that 'Mystery Band' name is currently placed.

Or Alt-J could still be the mystery band since they're exactly touring around the same time as SITG and are just being hush-hush about it.
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:44 pm

Got confirmation from Leif Podhajsky, album artwork artist for "Future Primitive" that he is not repeating his duties on this next album & neither does he know who's done it this time around.

Maybe it could be a Craig original?
Back to top Go down
http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Fuzail

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:42 am

Weren't we supposed to receive news in July? it will be really annoying if the whole month passes without any news

Are there no updates at all?
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 am

Highly Evolved wrote:
Got confirmation from Leif Podhajsky, album artwork artist for "Future Primitive" that he is not repeating his duties on this next album & neither does he know who's done it this time around.

Maybe it could be a Craig original?

Would be cool if Craig does the artwork for it!

Would be even cooler if we got some neeeeeeews.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Fuzail wrote:
Weren't we supposed to receive news in July? it will be really annoying if the whole month passes without any news

Are there no updates at all?

It's still mid-July. Kind of.

https://twitter.com/alt_J/statuses/359245413687115776

And they are not going to play Splendour In The Grass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th album?   6th album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th album?
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next