The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

zen demos/tv whore

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
goatdonkey

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know anywhere where I can download tv pro (tv whore) from the zen demos? Listened to it years ago and much prefer it to the album version but can't find it anywhere!

Thanks,
Scott
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:20 pm

goatdonkey wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know anywhere where I can download tv pro (tv whore) from the zen demos? Listened to it years ago and much prefer it to the album version but can't find it anywhere!

Thanks,
Scott

It was on youtube but it isn't there now. I could put it back up there and you could use an online youtube to mp3 converter. other than that, just google the shit out of it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thesharpears
goatdonkey

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:56 am

Yeah, I remember it being on youtube with really terrible audio a while ago... If you could put it on youtube again that would be great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:37 am

goatdonkey wrote:
Yeah, I remember it being on youtube with really terrible audio a while ago... If you could put it on youtube again that would be great! Very Happy

I could just send it if that's easier. Then you wouldn't have to convert it and stuff. Just send me a personal message with your email if you want.
Back to top Go down
on_safari

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 7:48 am

Lloyd55555 wrote:
goatdonkey wrote:
Yeah, I remember it being on youtube with really terrible audio a while ago... If you could put it on youtube again that would be great!  Very Happy
I could just send it if that's easier. Then you wouldn't have to convert it and stuff. Just send me a personal message with your email if you want.
oh wicked you guys have it?! please send it to me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:22 am

on_safari wrote:
Lloyd55555 wrote:
goatdonkey wrote:
Yeah, I remember it being on youtube with really terrible audio a while ago... If you could put it on youtube again that would be great!  Very Happy
oh wicked you guys have it?! please send it to me! Very Happy
Sure, just personal message your email to me and I'll send it. And if there's any other demos you want, I'll probably have them!
Back to top Go down
sunchild

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 12:55 am

Hi,
I'd be interested if you could find all the vines demo's you have.

This Craig Nicholls fansite has the most downloads I could find:

http://www.craignicholls.org/general/?p=462

It doesn't have many compared to the full list of recording sessions they did.

I remember Craig said not long ago that he'd like to put out an album of demo's and rarities but I can't see any label releasing something like that nowadays.

I think these demo sessions would be nice companion pieces to the studio albums and worth hearing to get a full picture of how they sounded.

If you have more demo's than that website i'd love to hear them!

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:49 am

sunchild wrote:
Hi,
I'd be interested if you could find all the vines demo's you have.

This Craig Nicholls fansite has the most downloads I could find:

http://www.craignicholls.org/general/?p=462

It doesn't have many compared to the full list of recording sessions they did.

I remember Craig said not long ago that he'd like to put out an album of demo's and rarities but I can't see any label releasing something like that nowadays.

I think these demo sessions would be nice companion pieces to the studio albums and worth hearing to get a full picture of how they sounded.

If you have more demo's than that website i'd love to hear them!

Cheers.
The demos I have are:

Zen Demos (2001) - Highly Evolved, Autumn Shade 1 and 2, Country Yard, Sunshinin, Factory, Ain’t No Room, Get Free, 1969, TV Whore, Amnesia, Sunchild, FTW, Drown the Baptists, Down at the Club, Hot Leather, Blues Riff and Don’t Go.

Q Studios/301 Demos (2001) – Drown the Baptists, Get Free, Mary Jane, Outtathaway, Sunchild, Winning Days, Drown the Baptists (Alt. Mix/Take), Sunchild (Alt. Mix/Take), Winning Days (Alt. Mix/Take), Get Free (Remix) and Outtathaway (Remix).

A# Demos (1999) – From the Land, Ride, Homesick, In the Jungle, Rainfall and She's Got Something to Say to Me.

I don’t know how many of the Zen Demos are actually the Zen Demos as I compiled them from various sources over time. But the Q Studios and A# Demos ones are pretty accurate I think. They’re all pre-Highly Evolved so it’s pretty cool to see that all the tracks from the 1st 2 albums save from Animal Machine and Evil Town were already written. Anyway, I have no idea how to use filesharing sites so I can email the ones you want 25mb at a time!
Back to top Go down
sunchild

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:37 am

That's awesome, I'd love the lot!

I haven't used file sharing websites much but I think it's pretty easy. You just sign up for a free trial and then send me the address of where the files are being stored.

If you'd prefer to send them by email that's fine, I'll send you a pm with my address. Depending on your email account you can normally send quite large attachments in one go nowadays, so you might be able to send 4 or 5 songs at a time.

I'm with Hotmail and they have SkyDrive which means you can send as much as you like as they store the files on their SkyDrive and the recipient can just download the files off the SkyDrive instead of it clogging up your Inbox...

Back in the day on the original vines forum lots of people seemed to have the demo's and there used to be a site that held the demo's but I never got round to downloading them at the time. That version of the vines is gone forever so for me it's a great record of how they began, just the three of them playing and recording in their parents' houses and local studios.
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:55 pm

sunchild wrote:
That's awesome, I'd love the lot!

I haven't used file sharing websites much but I think it's pretty easy. You just sign up for a free trial and then send me the address of where the files are being stored.

If you'd prefer to send them by email that's fine, I'll send you a pm with my address. Depending on your email account you can normally send quite large attachments in one go nowadays, so you might be able to send 4 or 5 songs at a time.

I'm with Hotmail and they have SkyDrive which means you can send as much as you like as they store the files on their SkyDrive and the recipient can just download the files off the SkyDrive instead of it clogging up your Inbox...

Back in the day on the original vines forum lots of people seemed to have the demo's and there used to be a site that held the demo's but I never got round to downloading them at the time. That version of the vines is gone forever so for me it's a great record of how they began, just the three of them playing and recording in their parents' houses and local studios.
Yeah I remember that site with all the downloads. Pretty sure I got a lot of them from there. Some are audio from youtube so quality isn't superb, but they're pretty rough demos anyway. They're all in mp3 format and if you play them on windows media player, you'll have all the album info I put on them. Just skydriving them now, never knew about skydrive before. Anyway, its great to see someone else interested in demos coz most people don't give a shit!
Back to top Go down
sunchild

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Recording The Album in LA: The Sunset Sound Factory Sessions July 2001 - Dec 2001 by Michael Olliffe, 2002

https://thevines.forumotion.com/t50-vines-magazine-and-newspaper-articles-from-the-old-forum

This in-depth piece on the Vines going to LA to record the debut album by Michael Oliffe, David's brother, is very interesting. I wish they hadn't gone. They should have recorded it in Australia and had a more natural progression in popularity. If they were starting now they could have signed to one of these indie labels that have worldwide distribution (like Modular or XL Recordings) and done things their way more.

I did a list of how their first two albums could have gone down:

Hypothetical Vines Albums

Album No. 1

1. Highly Evolved
2. Autumn Shade
3. Out The Way
4. Homesick
5. Get Free
6. Drown The Baptists
7. Landslide
8. Factory
9. Down At The Club
10. In The Jungle
11. Mary Jane
12. 1969

Produced by Wayne Connolly. Recorded in Sydney.
Craig Nicholls, Patrick Matthews, David Olliffe.

Album No. 2

1. Ride
2. Animal Machine
3. TV Whore
4. Autumn Shade II
5. Don't Go
6. Watch The World
7. Rainfall
8. Amnesia
9. Winning Days
10. Sun Child
11. Fuck The World

EP to be released between album 1 and album 2

1. Hot Leather
2. Take A Sunday
3. From The Land
4. Country Yard
5. Ain't No Room
6. She To Me
7. Evil Town

Produced by Wayne Connolly and Craig Nicholls. Recorded in Sydney.
Craig Nicholls, Patrick Matthews, David Olliffe, Ryan Griffiths.
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:08 am

sunchild wrote:
1. Hot Leather
2. Take A Sunday
3. From The Land
4. Country Yard
5. Ain't No Room
6. She To Me
7. Evil Town

They'd just end up being B-sides, plus 'Going Gone' was written pre-Winning Days recording, so that could of been on the hypothetical second album.
Back to top Go down
http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Sponsored content

zen demos/tv whore Empty
PostSubject: Re: zen demos/tv whore   zen demos/tv whore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

zen demos/tv whore
Page 1 of 1