The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorites Movies

Go down 
+9
goodbye
xermiona
verluste
braindead
gizziey_sykes
Howl
Rusty
The Household Cat
CherryWaves
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CherryWaves

CherryWaves

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:49 am

My top 5 favorite movies these days would be:

Favorites Movies 51CHHZDW9DL._SL500_AA300_
Favorites Movies 1227
Favorites Movies Peliculas.4419.IMAGEN1
Favorites Movies 20336_1_951
Favorites Movies Ghostworld
Back to top Go down
http://temptwithhoursofpleasure.tumblr.com/
The Household Cat

The Household Cat

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:11 am

I've only seen the first one (a lasting experience) and am planning on watching the second film.

My 5 favourite films from this year would be:

Favorites Movies MATRIX
For making me fall in love with Keanu Reeves.

Favorites Movies 277_box_348x490
For making me fall in love with River Phoenix. I wouldn't have watched this if I hadn't watched The Matrix.

Favorites Movies Shallow+grave
This one was trippy, I tell you. Very black humour. Even more than in Trainspotting. Yeah, Danny, you dig that stuff.

Favorites Movies It_Might_Get_Loud_poster
This film made me realize how much I love The Edge.

Favorites Movies Poster3_l
I thought I'd hate it. But then again, I always thought I'd hate The Matrix. Talking about prejudices...

That was a pretty tough decision and I had to kick out "2001: A Space Odyssey". Because I watched like... 130 films this year.
Back to top Go down
http://thehouseholdcat.tumblr.com
Rusty

Rusty

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:13 pm

The Household Cat wrote:

My 5 favourite films from this year would be:

Favorites Movies MATRIX
My absolute NUMBER 1. For ever.

The Household Cat wrote:
For making me fall in love with River Phoenix. I wouldn't have watched this if I hadn't watched The Matrix.
Love it

The Household Cat wrote:
Favorites Movies Shallow+grave
This one was trippy, I tell you. Very black humour. Even more than in Trainspotting. Yeah, Danny, you dig that stuff.
Ahhaha, that was so freakin creepy lol
but yay, Ewan (rawrr ;p)

The Household Cat wrote:
I thought I'd hate it. But then again, I always thought I'd hate The Matrix. Talking about prejudices...
LOOOOVE IT!!!

apart from the above, the following:

Dead Poets' Society, Assault of Precinct 13, Gattaca, Taking Lives, Training Day, Great Expectations (with Ethan Hawke <333)
Dorian Gray, The Chronicles of Narnia, Stardust (Ben!!)

what else, lemme see...
Alien, Harry Potter, LOTR, The Client, Jurassic Park (lol)

aaand the greatest comedy of all time
Favorites Movies MV5BMTg2NDM5NTQzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzg0OTMyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Household Cat

The Household Cat

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:04 pm

Rusty wrote:
The Household Cat wrote:

Favorites Movies MATRIX
My absolute NUMBER 1. For ever.
Favorites Movies Tumblr_ln62ocij6g1qdtewi

I love you.

Rusty wrote:
The Household Cat wrote:
Love it
Favorites Movies 469

Rusty wrote:
The Household Cat wrote:
LOOOOVE IT!!!
Why did we never discuss this earlier? ^^ I think John Constantine was probably Keanu's best performance. Ever. From what I've seen. ^^ Even better than Neo and Scott Favor, yes. Twisted Evil

Rusty wrote:

apart from the above, the following:

Dead Poets' Society, Assault of Precinct 13, Gattaca, Taking Lives, Training Day, Great Expectations (with Ethan Hawke <333)
Dorian Gray, The Chronicles of Narnia, Stardust (Ben!!)

what else, lemme see...
Alien, Harry Potter, LOTR, The Client, Jurassic Park (lol)

aaand the greatest comedy of all time
Favorites Movies MV5BMTg2NDM5NTQzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzg0OTMyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_
Very Happy
Oooooh, you liked Dorian Gray. A positive evaluation. That's cool. I still need to watch it though. Smile

Lord of the Rings... I don't know where to start... I was really into it when the films were out and the films have the most epic soundtrack ever. God bless you, Howard. Surprised

Harry Potter is just... everything. It's basically my life. Or at least a great part of it. 12 years. Long time.

Last edited by The Household Cat on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Household Cat

The Household Cat

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Greatest comedy of all time? ^^

Favorites Movies Tumblr_lr6lsyKNDE1qc2036o1_500

Favorites Movies Tumblr_lr6lsyKNDE1qc2036o2_500

Favorites Movies Tumblr_ls9c92PxJQ1qlscdzo3_500
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:23 pm

The Household Cat wrote:

I love you.
You mean you love Keanu, or me? Or both? Wink
In any case ...Favorites Movies Love0073

The Household Cat wrote:

Favorites Movies 469
Haha cute!

The Household Cat wrote:

Why did we never discuss this earlier? ^^ I think John Constantine was probably Keanu's best performance. Ever. From what I've seen. ^^ Even better than Neo and Scott Favor, yes. Twisted Evil
Oh yes, I absolutely agree! He was just MAGNIFICENT in Constantine Favorites Movies Love0030
He seems to be considerably improving with time, bless him

The Household Cat wrote:
Oooooh, you liked Dorian Gray. A positive evaluation. That's cool. I still need to watch it though. Smile
Ben is the greatest asset of that movie, I have to say
It just wouldn't be the same without him. Ben simply IS Dorian, heh
I can't honestly say that I was overwhelmed by the movie itself, but if you like Ben you'll sure enjoy it Very Happy

The Household Cat wrote:
Harry Potter is just... everything. It's basically my life. Or at least a great part of it. 12 years. Long time.
Same here. I can't fully take it in that the whole thing is over :S
Back to top Go down
The Household Cat

The Household Cat

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Rusty wrote:
The Household Cat wrote:

I love you.
You mean you love Keanu, or me? Or both? Wink
In any case ...Favorites Movies Love0073
I meant you. But I love Keanu, too. Naturally. ^^

Thanks for the hug. Favorites Movies Love0073

Rusty wrote:
The Household Cat wrote:

Oh yes, I absolutely agree! He was just MAGNIFICENT in Constantine Favorites Movies Love0030
He seems to be considerably improving with time, bless him
Oh God, I have such a bad crush on John Constantine. It's not healthy. ^^

I disagree. I loved him in his earlier films, too.

Check out "Young Again", it's on Youtube, if you haven't seen it yet. It's probably the worst film Disney has ever produced, but it contains Keanu dancing to Madonna and "Shout" by the Isley Brothers. And he's quite hilarious in the whole film. Aaaaaaahhhh, awwwww, baby Keanu. <3 <3 <3

I think I forgot to add River's Edge to the list.

Which also feature's Donovan's daughter Ione Skye.

Favorites Movies Tumblr_lrea2hYBYh1qfhvabo1_500

Great film.

Yeah, Harry Potter pretty much is one of the things that shaped my life. And Oasis. (Who are playing on iTunes right now, yayay.) I cannot reject neither. Both Oasis and Harry Potter just... they just mean so much to me. After all these years. OK, Oasis are now condensed in one person, but that's ok. I love Noel. <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:49 pm

The Household Cat wrote:

I meant you. But I love Keanu, too. Naturally. ^^

Thanks for the hug. Favorites Movies Love0073
Aww, no need Favorites Movies Happy0169

The Household Cat wrote:
Oh God, I have such a bad crush on John Constantine. It's not healthy. ^^
I'd say it's perfectly natural ;D

The Household Cat wrote:
I disagree. I loved him in his earlier films, too.

Check out "Young Again", it's on Youtube, if you haven't seen it yet. It's probably the worst film Disney has ever produced, but it contains Keanu dancing to Madonna and "Shout" by the Isley Brothers. And he's quite hilarious in the whole film. Aaaaaaahhhh, awwwww, baby Keanu. <3 <3 <3
It's not the best recommendation, is it lol
(and no, I've never seen this one)

The Household Cat wrote:
Favorites Movies Tumblr_lrea2hYBYh1qfhvabo1_500
I SO miss our old Love smiley right now lol

The Household Cat wrote:
Yeah, Harry Potter pretty much is one of the things that shaped my life. And Oasis. (Who are playing on iTunes right now, yayay.) I cannot reject neither. Both Oasis and Harry Potter just... they just mean so much to me. After all these years. OK, Oasis are now condensed in one person, but that's ok. I love Noel. <3 <3 <3
Haha I know (:
Never been much of an Oasis fan though, so I think I'd better keep my mouth shut Wink
Back to top Go down
The Household Cat

The Household Cat

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:07 am

People who have never been into Oasis don't understand it. ^^

It was love at first sight for me. 2002. Turned on the TV. "The Hindu Times" kicked in. I thought "Wow, those guys are interesting. I have never heard something like that before". What I didn't know back then and in the years to come was that I loved the guitar. More than anything else. So...... Noeeeelllll. <3

Are you wubbing about Keanu or Ione Skye Leitch? Or both? ^^ (I have to admit that I always scrutinize her face. I do see some similarities... It's the chin, I think. And the awkward grin, awhahahaha. And the nose. Probably.)

OK, here's a scene: youtube com / watch?v=XgcYVNKGUg8

And here's Keanu dancing to "Burning Up" (I know the song because of the film, that is, for half a year. XD I swear, I cannot remember ever having heard it before.) youtube com / watch?v=108OwZYsw9Q
Back to top Go down
Howl

Howl

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:40 am

I'm really going to struggle to limit my list to five.

My computer is k-wazy, so I can't do pictures right now. I'll come back and edit later.

1) The film that reassured me that my crazy film ideas aren't TOO crazy:
BEING JOHN MALKOVICH

2) The film that I have watched a bazillion times, and look forward to watching a bazillion more:
GHOSTBUSTERS

3) The film that made me realise how boring linear narratives are boring (thus influencing every screenplay I write):
MULHOLLAND DRIVE

4) The film that epitomiseds my ideal high school life - hot, mysterious rebellious guy and killing a bunch of bitches:
HEATHERS

5) The film that made me realised how freakin' awesome Anton Newcombe is (it's also the best rock'n'roll film ever):
DiG!

Honorary mentions must be awarded to Dead Man, Memento, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Black Swan, Oldboy, Moon, Pan's Labyrinth, The Machinist, Labyrinth, Scream, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Re-Animator, Donnie Darko and Fight Club.

5)
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
Rusty

Rusty

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:20 pm

The Household Cat wrote:
People who have never been into Oasis don't understand it. ^^

It was love at first sight for me. 2002. Turned on the TV. "The Hindu Times" kicked in. I thought "Wow, those guys are interesting. I have never heard something like that before". What I didn't know back then and in the years to come was that I loved the guitar. More than anything else. So...... Noeeeelllll. <3
Well, I like their music well enough, it's just that I rather dislike Noel's brother for those asinine things he was in the habit of saying, you know lol
Radiohead/Thom hater, grrr ;p

The Household Cat wrote:
Are you wubbing about Keanu or Ione Skye Leitch? Or both? ^^ (I have to admit that I always scrutinize her face. I do see some similarities... It's the chin, I think. And the awkward grin, awhahahaha. And the nose. Probably.)
Ohh, Keanu only lol

The Household Cat wrote:
OK, here's a scene: youtube com / watch?v=XgcYVNKGUg8

And here's Keanu dancing to "Burning Up" (I know the song because of the film, that is, for half a year. XD I swear, I cannot remember ever having heard it before.) youtube com / watch?v=108OwZYsw9Q
Ahhaha, he looks cute there, but the film omg
Looks like something totally dreadful lol
and the music, jeeez. I hate the eighties :S
Back to top Go down
gizziey_sykes

gizziey_sykes

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:22 pm

it's kind of a funny story.

it's perfection.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/gizziey.sykes
The Household Cat

The Household Cat

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:41 pm

Howl wrote:
I'm really going to struggle to limit my list to five.

My computer is k-wazy, so I can't do pictures right now. I'll come back and edit later.

1) The film that reassured me that my crazy film ideas aren't TOO crazy:
BEING JOHN MALKOVICH
Oh yeah, that one was trippy. Laughing

Howl wrote:

3) The film that made me realise how boring linear narratives are boring (thus influencing every screenplay I write):
MULHOLLAND DRIVE
It's a shame really that whenever the narrative is not linear, I am immediately irritated and confused. Always. It never occurs to me that there could be non-linear narratives. Of course, I think about it in my head quite often, but in reality it's a different thing. Sure, they are more interesting films, but not good for my self worth. I cannot even say that it was a good film because always come out frustrated. I should do a course on this. I always try to get my writing to be non-linear, but it never works.

So, the film was interesting. But I could never say it was "good", if you know what I mean? There's just something so disturbing about the unlinearness, which I guess was Lynch's intended effect, but... I cannot grasp it. Maybe I simply cannot equate "confusing" with "good", which is pretty stupid, I admit that. ^^

Maybe because it so works against the way I think. I believe there are people who just get non-linear narratives and some who don't. My thinking is just too linear. Or rather... impulsive, non-structured. And non-linear narratives are much too structured in the sense that cause and effect (which I dig, personally) are more important than anything else. They're mixed up. Reversed. They are run parallel to each other. And some films just have no beginning or end.

Howl wrote:

5) The film that made me realised how freakin' awesome Anton Newcombe is (it's also the best rock'n'roll film ever):
DiG!
For me, this would be "The Kids Are Alright". But "DiG!" was cool, too.
Back to top Go down
Howl

Howl

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:18 pm

The Household Cat wrote:

It's a shame really that whenever the narrative is not linear, I am immediately irritated and confused.

So, the film was interesting. But I could never say it was "good", if you know what I mean? There's just something so disturbing about the unlinearness, which I guess was Lynch's intended effect, but... I cannot grasp it. Maybe I simply cannot equate "confusing" with "good", which is pretty stupid, I admit that. ^^

It's completely understandable. Most non-linear narratives are confusing. They're not usually intended for mainstream audiences, for that reason. I mean, have you ever seen a chick-flick that tricks you into thinking you're watching scenes from the present, before confusing you by revealing it's actually either the future or the past, but who can be sure which?? The closest example would be The Notebook, but even that was perfectlu spelled out... plus, I don't really think flashbacks necessarily count, so perhaps that's not a valid example. My point is, non-linear films are made for people who don't mind thinking about the film, both while they're watching and after they've watched it.

Quote :
And non-linear narratives are much too structured in the sense that cause and effect (which I dig, personally) are more important than anything else. They're mixed up. Reversed. They are run parallel to each other. And some films just have no beginning or end.

I love love LOVE it in films when the cause and effect is flipped, but not when it's too obvious. I hate it when films open with the climax, then go back to a week earlier or some other designated time in the past. I like it when the effect is subtle (not like someone sitting in jail or being shot), so when the cause is finally revealed, it doesn't necessarily jump around yelling "I AM THE REASON HE HAS A GUN POINTING TO HIS HEAD!". I'm probably not making sense.

Oh, and most films without endings are just a cop-out. If you've got a weird, twisted mystery on your hands, why ruin it with an explanation. I mean, would Donnie Darko be as interesting with a proper ending??
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
CherryWaves

CherryWaves

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Howl wrote:

4) The film that epitomiseds my ideal high school life - hot, mysterious rebellious guy and killing a bunch of bitches:
HEATHERS

This movie is perfection, there's not a moment when you get bored
by the story, is just awesome, you have at least known one of the
characters in your life, i just watch it for the first time a couple of weeks ago,
and i'm planning to buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://temptwithhoursofpleasure.tumblr.com/
The Household Cat

The Household Cat

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Howl wrote:
Oh, and most films without endings are just a cop-out. If you've got a weird, twisted mystery on your hands, why ruin it with an explanation. I mean, would Donnie Darko be as interesting with a proper ending??
Donnie Darko's a bit easier to watch because the plot itself is pretty complex, so they won't have to switch time that often.

I like non-typical endings. Now I feel like making a favourit film endings thread. ^^

OK, let's think of endings that are not that typical...

• Inception (I bet you've seen that coming. What I liked most about the film though was the style. I don't dig Nolan's action scene ambitions that much, but I like the visual feel of the film.)
  • I'm just checking my film list (^^) and coming across "Somewhere" reminds me that Sofia's films always... they never have a proper ending. Or maybe just "The Virgin Suicides", even though that one leaves you dissatisfied.
  • American Beauty (The non-typical thing for me is that it's structured like a crime film, which I never watch.) It's pretty open.
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey Oh hai there. ^^
  • The Time Traveler's Wife
  • The Ghost Writer Because it is so unexpected. Or rather... you kind of saw it coming, but you were not completely convinced.
  • Shallow Grave
  • My Own Private Idaho It's a pretty realistic ending, which in too many films is not the case. Of course, you want to explore the means of films and if you have the opportunity to do something you couldn't do in real life, that's fine with me. But not always.
  • Brazil
  • The Devil's Advocate
Back to top Go down
braindead

braindead

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:12 pm

DUCK SOUP: (marx brothers)

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.com
verluste

verluste

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:52 pm

total eclipse, cracks, the dreamers, les amours imaginaires, j'ai tué ma mère, la belle personne et cetera
Back to top Go down
xermiona

xermiona

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:50 am

My ultimate #1 is Dead Poets' Society Like a Star @ heaven
And the rest:

The Crow I & II
The Matrix
Equilibrium
Constantine
Donnie Darko
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Edward Scissorhands
Ghost World
City Of Ember
Amelie
The Craft
Red Riding Hood
Stardust
The City Of Lost Children
Lemony Snickett's A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Death Note The Movie wasn't too bad as well x]
Back to top Go down
http://futuretardedx.tumblr.com/
The Household Cat

The Household Cat

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:14 am

verluste wrote:
total eclipse, cracks, the dreamers, les amours imaginaires, j'ai tué ma mère, la belle personne et cetera
ILU.

I keep thinking of "Total Eclipse" every now and then.

xermiona wrote:
My ultimate #1 is Dead Poets' Society Like a Star @ heaven
And the rest:

The Crow I & II
The Matrix
Equilibrium
Constantine
Donnie Darko
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Edward Scissorhands
Ghost World
City Of Ember
Amelie
The Craft
Red Riding Hood
Stardust
The City Of Lost Children
Lemony Snickett's A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Death Note The Movie wasn't too bad as well x]
Oh, The Matrix. <3

I still have to watch Lemony Snicket.

OK, um, this may sound a bit strange, but I want to watch... every film that Thomas Newman has scored.

Including "Skyfall". It will be interesting, I'm sure.

Constantine. <3 I refused to watch it for a while because I expected it to be bad, but I was positively surprised. I love Keanu Reeves in it.
Back to top Go down
braindead

braindead

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Back to top Go down
braindead

braindead

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:52 pm

toc toc
who's there?
your mirror.
Back to top Go down
goodbye

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:37 am

My top 5 movies Very Happy

Favorites Movies Pride-and-prejudice-poster-300

Favorites Movies Rango_6

Favorites Movies Finding-nemo-DVDcover

Favorites Movies Some-like-it-hot

Favorites Movies All-About-Eve_3

And I love all Pixar movies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Household Cat

The Household Cat

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:56 pm

maleaballay wrote:

Favorites Movies Rango_6

I like your selection. Very Happy

It's very... eclectic.

Yes, Pixar films. Except for Cars. Laughing
Back to top Go down
goodbye

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:49 pm

The Household Cat wrote:
maleaballay wrote:

Favorites Movies Rango_6

I like your selection. Very Happy

It's very... eclectic.

Yes, Pixar films. Except for Cars. Laughing

You did not like CARS? I did not like very much Cars 2 :S but I like the first one! The one I do not like very much from Pixar is Bugs :S Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorites Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorites Movies   Favorites Movies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorites Movies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next