The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

True Fans of bands....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gizziey_sykes

gizziey_sykes

True Fans of bands.... Empty
PostSubject: True Fans of bands....   True Fans of bands.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:01 am

don't "just happen to get into them" when they hit it big on the TV, if they've been going around with 3 other CDs under their belt (CDs, NOT EPs).

true fans aren't fake when it comes to them. No one can be happy with their choices all the time. There's aught to be some disappointment somewhere.

--sorry, i'm talking about ATL fans.--

they get into ATL durring "weightless" and they're 14 years old... ATL sings about having one night stands and being hurt by someone, or sleeping with someone but you have to let go of them. or parties.

14 year olds shouldn't have to worry about shit like that. and no, you didn't "grow up with them" ... if you're listening to them in 4 more years, then you "grew up listening to them"

me, i have been listening to them since 2005, they had one CD under their belt, and i have always loved them. i have grown up with them. i've watched them grow, and i do NOT support the direction they are going.

if anyone else listens to all time low for as long as i have, then you might understand. or perhaps a similar band.

if you have a similar experience or just have an issue about a band, please do share!!!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/gizziey.sykes
Howl

Howl

PostSubject: Re: True Fans of bands....   True Fans of bands.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:52 am

I understand what you mean, but I don't think it's necessarily relevant. Just because you've been listening to a band for longer than someone else doesn't mean that your admiration is more meaningful.

I bought Kasabian's first album at 9am, the very day it was released. They had had absolutely no promotion in Australia at this time. Now, they're headlining major festivals and are one of the biggest bands in the world. I don't consider myself to be better than all of the other fans.

I'm completely obsessed with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. I mean, my life revolves entirely around this band. I've only been listening to them for around three years. They released their first album ten years ago. Does that mean that my devotion is meaningless compared to the people who just happened to be old enough/were exposed to this band prior to 2001???

...but Twilight fans who think they're Muse fans PISS ME THE FECK OFF!!! Sure, you can like Muse, but DON'T PUSH IN FRONT OF ME AND SCREAM IN MY EAR WHEN SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE (the one song you know) PLAYS!!!!! AND DON'T FECKING TALK WHEN PLUG IN BABY IS PLAYING!!! omfg...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
gizziey_sykes

gizziey_sykes

PostSubject: Re: True Fans of bands....   True Fans of bands.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:20 pm

well yes, i understand where you are coming from, but these people say that they're soooo hard core atl fans when they basically obsess over their looks and complain because they didn't play weightless. i'm not saying that i'm better, i'm just saying that their place is wrong to say they grew up with them, etc.

and you were like 14 at the time. i don't think at 14 you'd know how to actually use the internet to find bands or get out enough to find that band, you know? now-a-days, the internet is so accessable and websites are lowering age limits and bands are more likely to get known. you know what i'm saying?

oh, yeah, about that last part. that's what i'm talking about, really. it's like if you absolutely love nothing personal just because of weightless... get the fuck out of my way. however, if you got there durring weightless, but your favorite album is BEFORE that, then you're welcome to be my buddy. idk, maybe i'm just over reacting to just these little kids who don't know what it's like to be moved by lyrics. and i mean truly moved. life changing.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/gizziey.sykes
The Household Cat

The Household Cat

PostSubject: Re: True Fans of bands....   True Fans of bands.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:52 pm

It's a very difficult topic. And I, personally, don't buy into the "I have to own everything by them" thing. Actually, there is nos such thing as "true fans", there's just people who follow trends and some who don't.

I get very pissed off at, say, stuck up hipster Radiohead fans. Because they see it as some kind of status symbol, it's their big cars in music, you know? They have all of the best. The best clothes, the best taste, the best music, the best jobs, etc etc. They just make me sick. But I try to be less pissed off at them. And it works, most of the time, if I don't have to talk to them. ^^

In general, I don't like things to be commodified. Music to me is not a good to buy. It's a piece of art.
Back to top Go down
http://thehouseholdcat.tumblr.com
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: True Fans of bands....   True Fans of bands.... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:25 pm

THE VINES ROCK!!!!!
THE VINES ROCK!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation affraid affraid affraid
THE VINES ROCK!!!!!
THE VINES ROCK!!!!!
THE VINES ROCK!!!!!
THE VINES ROCK!!!!!
THE VINES ROCK!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
xermiona

xermiona

PostSubject: Re: True Fans of bands....   True Fans of bands.... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 2:58 pm

The Household Cat wrote:
It's a very difficult topic. And I, personally, don't buy into the "I have to own everything by them" thing. Actually, there is nos such thing as "true fans", there's just people who follow trends and some who don't.

I get very pissed off at, say, stuck up hipster Radiohead fans. Because they see it as some kind of status symbol, it's their big cars in music, you know? They have all of the best. The best clothes, the best taste, the best music, the best jobs, etc etc. They just make me sick. But I try to be less pissed off at them. And it works, most of the time, if I don't have to talk to them. ^^

In general, I don't like things to be commodified. Music to me is not a good to buy. It's a piece of art.

This is so true.
I don't know what defines one as a "true fan". Here where I currently live people love to use labels like "I'm emo/punk/metalhead/*random subculture sh*t*" They just love being stared at because of their clothes and hideous make-up. And the worst - they think that music is some kind of an accessory! Because listening to *insert random band/artist name* makes them cool. They post lyrics as Facebook statuses only to show off and get hundreds of likes and comments. They want people to think they're awesome. Well they're not. Beating yourself in the chest and screaming "I'm a ***** fan so I'm supreme" is pathetic. In Bulgaria, anyone who is Artsy thinks it is obligatory to listen to Placebo and Radiohead. These bands inspire me as well but I think most people are faking it.
I used to hang out with some metalcore fans a couple of years ago and they were like "We got tons of band shirts and concert tickets because we're true and being poor is not an excuse for not being able to attend a show or buy merchandise. If it's your favourite band then you'd show it by doing anything" and blah-blah and yadda-yadda. I couldn't believe that such people exist and I swore that I'd do anything not to have whatsoever in common with them.
It's good to have a style by the way, but being like thousands of other people with narrow-minded thinking sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://futuretardedx.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Fans of bands....   True Fans of bands.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Fans of bands....
Page 1 of 1