The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New members?

Go down 
+29
Lloyd55555
Bwadi
Thinkhappythoughts67
Sexhair
stormboy
Koala Owl
Suzy
chacha
borgy
alex84
beege
Hilton
luuana
Howl
Rusty
Rimma
CandyFlippinGirl
Livbeke
Jessica
VisionValley
on_safari
julian
(((A Name)))
anaobrad
freak
Kitty
Anysound
fender101
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
fender101

New members? Empty
PostSubject: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:18 am

somone on the vines facbook book page claims two memebers have left the band i pray for the vines !
Back to top Go down
fender101

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:26 am

actual post was -
Hey fans - get ready for some new faces in the lineup. I hear two guys have been pushed out.
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 2:02 am

Whaaat. Shocked I highly doubt it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Kitty

Kitty

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:33 am

The post got deleted. There wasn't any sources or other information so it's just a silly rumour, I guess. There wouldn't be any real kerfuffles, right?
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Anysound

Anysound

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:18 am

Kitty wrote:
The post got deleted. There wasn't any sources or other information so it's just a silly rumour, I guess. There wouldn't be any real kerfuffles, right?

Me and my friends were talking about this in class the other day and we all agreed we can't see the Vines splitting up ever, let alone any time soon. Razz
They seem like they're just way too close and positive and happy and content nowadays. I really can't envisage a secret feud or underlying hatred or anything like that going on. :')
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:28 am

Anysound wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Me and my friends were talking about this in class the other day and we all agreed we can't see the Vines splitting up ever, let alone any time soon. Razz
They seem like they're just way too close and positive and happy and content nowadays. I really can't envisage a secret feud or underlying hatred or anything like that going on. :')

Well Homebake is on tomorrow so it all looks good. Besides, if two members left the band then they would issue a statement about it.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 5:59 am

Back to top Go down
freak

freak

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 7:14 am

Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:26 am

I wrote about this in two posts on my blog so I will copy and paste the most relevant questions and comments I asked/ made.

WHAT IS HAPPENING. ;_; I hope this is only temporary or something.. oh my god.

I want answers. ;_; How could Ryan and Hamish just have been “sacked” seemingly out of nowhere?! I can't even imagine Craig sacking them! I just don’t understand. Ryan is so cute and quiet and Hamish is so friendly and confident I can’t imagine what they would have done to be sacked, and I can’t imagine the Vines without them. Not only in relation to their music, but their publicity responsibilities. Hamish does almost as much talking as Craig!

If this is a serious, longterm adjustment to the band’s lineup, then why did we hear nothing of it until today when we heard it through unofficial sources? It doesn’t seem right. The Vines seem like friendly, reasonable people and it seems unlikely Craig would “sack” two members of the band. They also seem like honest people that would tell their fans about something this big, and not just wait until a new concert for people to realise.

But then, if it isn’t serious and longterm, and just a temporary thing, how did some people know about this as early as November 26, and how did the band find a new drummer so quickly for Homebake? It seems like something that the band would announce either way.

Ugh, I’m confused and sad.
Back to top Go down
anaobrad

anaobrad

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Oh my lord this has really struck my heart strings....pale
Craig and Ryan were bestfriends I just WHAT ughh confused
Back to top Go down
http://the-vines.tumblr.com
(((A Name)))

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 6:05 pm

I can't believe it!
I mean why should Craig do this?
Hamish and Ryan keep the band thoghter after Patrick left the band, so why?
I hope this is not true Sad
Back to top Go down
julian

julian

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:46 pm

what the hell, Jess pleas tell us something. i am super depressing rigth now. the vines are the band of my life wath is this bullshit?
Back to top Go down
on_safari

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 10:39 pm

what the fuuuuckkk!??!?!? Nothing against Brad but why would he keep Brad and not the other two members who he's been playing with for so many years?

When Patrick left the band I felt the music got less developed... Hopefully this doens't happen again with the other guys.
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:34 am

I wrote about the apparent departure of Ryan and Hamish on Wikipedia yesterday (with references to Jane Gazzo's Tweet and the article on Music Feeds) but it's since been deleted. Hopefully a sign someone close to the band knows it's not true/ permanent? Neutral

I really don't know what to think. ;_; I can't believe there hasn't been more articles/ tweets about it, or anything! We just have to wait until we get word from Jess, I guess. Neutral
Back to top Go down
VisionValley

VisionValley

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:09 am

Very suspicious indeed. I'm hoping there's a good reason for the lineup which played Homebake yesterday. It would suck if Ryan and Hamish were out of the band. Lineup changes are never good for bands. It's just never the same not to mention potential backlash from fans who actually are the ones who buy the music and attend the shows.
Back to top Go down
anaobrad

anaobrad

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:22 am

Anysound wrote:
I wrote about the apparent departure of Ryan and Hamish on Wikipedia yesterday (with references to Jane Gazzo's Tweet and the article on Music Feeds) but it's since been deleted. Hopefully a sign someone close to the band knows it's not true/ permanent? Neutral

I really don't know what to think. ;_; I can't believe there hasn't been more articles/ tweets about it, or anything! We just have to wait until we get word from Jess, I guess. Neutral

Do you think you could link to the music feeds article? I can't seem to find it! :~(
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:14 am

anaobrad wrote:

Do you think you could link to the music feeds article? I can't seem to find it! :~(

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/the-vines-debut-new-drummer-at-homebake-2011/
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Admin
Jessica

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:57 am

Hi guys

I know a lot of you are confused so I'll confirm that yes - Hamish and Ryan have parted ways with The Vines.

If any of you were at Homebake yesterday, I'm sure you can agree the set was amazing and sounded better than ever. The band has made a creative decision to revert back to a three piece, as they originally started.

I know you will probably have a lot of questions but just wanted to say don't fear, this is in no way the end of The Vines!!

Jess x
Back to top Go down
https://thevines.forumotion.com
Livbeke

Livbeke

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:29 am

Shocked

Wow I'd never have expected this after being together for so long ... I hope it's for the best Sad

Back to top Go down
fender101

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks Jess, is the drummer who performed with them at homebake the new drummer?, hope the band can pump out a new album in the near future Smile
Back to top Go down
(((A Name)))

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Wow it's really true, that's hard to believe. Sad
I really liked Hamish and Ryan.
Jessica can you please show us some videos and pictures from the Homebake gig?
I want to hear the new sound of the Vines and I also want see the new drummer.
Hopefully their will be no problems for the band and their will be a new album soon.
Back to top Go down
CandyFlippinGirl

CandyFlippinGirl

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:53 pm

I was at Homebake yesterday and was VERY suprised to see a new line up..But as Jess said they were AMAZING and sounded fantastic..Craig just Killed it!! There was alot to be VERY proud of!!
For whatever reason these decisions have been made we have to be positive and believe they have been made in the best interest of the band..Although I will miss Hamish & Ryan dearly..I will ALWAYS Luv & Support The Vines..There are enough haters and music journos who probably can't wait to jump on this story and dish some dirt.. so I think for the remaining members to know they still have our support would be fantastic!!
THE VINES FOREVA!! Smile
Back to top Go down
anaobrad

anaobrad

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks so much for confirming :-)
Will there be a disclaimer outlining the reasons for the split? It's just such a shock!
Back to top Go down
julian

julian

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:49 pm

i'm so sad. i always was vines fans and of course i always will, his music change mi life in so many ways... but it is really disapointing.. all the support to craig.. but i'm going to miss Hamish and Ryan forever!Sad
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:33 am

How come everyone's so cool about it? That really really sucks!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New members? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New members?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next