The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone here from the old days?

Go down 
+11
amy.h
Loaded Mind
Ihatemusic
allie9609
Rusty
FindAWayOut
braindead
ohwellwhatevernevermind
The Household Cat
Anysound
omgwtf
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
omgwtf

omgwtf

Anyone here from the old days? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:50 am

I haven't posted here in a long, long time, but I was listening to The Vines earlier today and it got me thinking about the old forum and all of the people that used to post there. Is there anyone on here that posted there (not including members post-2009)? Allie, Mo, Jen, Fee; etc? Anyway, most of you won't even know who I am, but I just wanted to see if there was anyone on here who I might already know. What can I say? I guess I'm feeling a little nostalgic tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/stobieboy
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Woow, yes, I remember you! Though I doubt you'd remember me. I'm not from the old, old days, haha.

I'm Elena (formerly RandomAustralian) and I remember thoroughly enjoying the tracks from your band Gypsey that you uploaded for us to download. I still listen to those two songs. I don't suppose you're still in that band and have any more tracks for me to listen to? I asked on Last.fm ages ago but never got a reply.

And as far as I know, of those members, the one who has most recently posted on the forum (well, the old forum now) is Allie. She was admin on the old forum and still frequented every few weeks - mainly to delete spam - but we haven't seen her around lately at all.

Anyway, I hope you're well and it's good to see you around again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:16 pm

No, I remember you, sweetheart. I don't think I posted that much around the time when you were posting regulary, but I do remember that you were very receptive towards my songs. You always went through so much effort to break the song down into parts an explain exactly what it was that you liked about it and I was always very appreciative of that. It's better than the generic; "Awesome man!!11" comments, you know? Anyway, yeah, that band doesn't exist anymore, but I'm in another band now and I'm still writing/recording my own stuff. I'll happily send you more songs though. As for the lack of reply on Last.fm, I just don't use it anymore, I wasn't being rude or anything.

That's ashame to see there aren't many of the "old guard" around anymore, but what do you expect? It was years ago, after all. I have seen a couple of people that I recognise though. Luuana posted a picture somewhere and I'm pretty sure that Lauren may have posted on here, too. Also, I hope everything's going alright for you as well and it's good to see you again, too.
Back to top Go down
The Household Cat

The Household Cat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:20 am

omgwtf wrote:
I haven't posted here in a long, long time, but I was listening to The Vines earlier today and it got me thinking about the old forum and all of the people that used to post there. Is there anyone on here that posted there (not including members post-2009)? Allie, Mo, Jen, Fee; etc? Anyway, most of you won't even know who I am, but I just wanted to see if there was anyone on here who I might already know. What can I say? I guess I'm feeling a little nostalgic tonight.
I remember you.

I sometimes talk to Mo on Facbook. But as for the rest... I haven't heard of them in a long time.

woodpecker_casablancas aka Colin_is_a_Phillover.

omgwtf wrote:

That's a shame to see there aren't many of the "old guard" around anymore, but what do you expect? It was years ago, after all. I have seen a couple of people that I recognise though. Luuana posted a picture somewhere and I'm pretty sure that Lauren may have posted on here, too. Also, I hope everything's going alright for you as well and it's good to see you again, too.
I do miss a lot of the old people, too. Especially those that I talked to around 2005/2006 and haven't seen ever since.

And welcome back. flower
Back to top Go down
http://thehouseholdcat.tumblr.com
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:06 am

Awh, that's nice of you to remember that and I'm glad you appreciated it. You clearly went to a lot of effort to write, record and upload them so I definitely felt you warranted more than just one of those generic replies, so really, it's nothing on my part.
Shame about Gypsey but it's good to hear you're in a new band and are still writing and recording. I'd love to hear any songs you've got. Very Happy.

That's okay, I wasn't really expecting a reply as I left the shout on the band page and hence knew it was unlikely anyone would see it and no one would get the notice of a shout being left, as is the case with personal profiles. So I knew you weren't purposefully ignoring it, haha.

Yep, Luana is still around though she is increasingly busy with university and is quite upset over the Vines' situation at the moment.

And thanks! ^_^
Back to top Go down
ohwellwhatevernevermind

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:00 am

I'm here What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/justinord
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:40 am

Hello Colin (I have no idea what your real name is). You are certainly a blast from the past. Very Happy It's nice to see that you're still around even though it makes me feel really, really old. What happened to all of your old friends like Jess; etc? Has she stopped posting, too? Is there really no-one at all from the original days? What ashame. Sad

ohwellwhatevernevermind wrote:
I'm here What a Face

And you are? Blink

P.S. Elena, I'll keep you posted about new songs; etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
ohwellwhatevernevermind

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:55 pm

omgwtf wrote:
Hello Colin (I have no idea what your real name is). You are certainly a blast from the past. Very Happy It's nice to see that you're still around even though it makes me feel really, really old. What happened to all of your old friends like Jess; etc? Has she stopped posting, too? Is there really no-one at all from the original days? What ashame. Sad

ohwellwhatevernevermind wrote:
I'm here What a Face

And you are? Blink

P.S. Elena, I'll keep you posted about new songs; etc. Smile

yeah I was off and on Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/justinord
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Great, thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
braindead

braindead

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:37 pm

fuck!
i was born yesterday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.com
FindAWayOut

FindAWayOut

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:11 am

Dan, Justin... I remember both of you, as two users of the forum with activity.

And as I just checked the old forum, Dan won a unique prize in 2005, pissiest poster haha but now seems completely reformed! Well, meh, respect!
Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:05 pm

FindAWayOut wrote:
Dan, Justin... I remember both of you, as two users of the forum with activity.

And as I just checked the old forum, Dan won a unique prize in 2005, pissiest poster haha but now seems completely reformed! Well, meh, respect!

What was your old username, btw? I remember those awards, hahaha. I'm pretty sure I won that award every year, no? Good times. Laughing
Back to top Go down
FindAWayOut

FindAWayOut

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:33 pm

omgwtf wrote:
What was your old username, btw? I remember those awards, hahaha. I'm pretty sure I won that award every year, no? Good times. Laughing
Ben Green, Benn. Well the awards were 2005 and 2006 as I found... and your username was "Beskhu3epnm" during 2006. You were right.. haha well, yeah, good times after all.

Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Haha, I forgot about that username. Rolls off the tongue really well. Cool
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:14 pm

@Dan: Remember how you bit my head off for making a gazillion Radiohead threads on the old forum? lol I used to be Jonny Greenwood ;p (originally Vinny Anyone here from the old days? Rolleye0014)

Ahhaha those old awards loool
Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Vinny! Surprised I can't really remember saying anything to you about Radiohead at all. It wouldn't surprise me though because I spent most of the time moaning about something, so yeah, I probably did. I see you've moved onto bigger and better things than Jonny now? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:45 pm

omgwtf wrote:
Vinny! Surprised I can't really remember saying anything to you about Radiohead at all. It wouldn't surprise me though because I spent most of the time moaning about something, so yeah, I probably did.
Haha I remember it veeery well lol I was even kinda afraid to reply to this thread for fear of incurring your wrath again Wink

omgwtf wrote:
I see you've moved onto bigger and better things than Jonny now? Very Happy
Yeah, Arabic music lol

btw It's good to see you again (:
(Heck, I miss the old forum Sad)
Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Rusty wrote:
omgwtf wrote:
Vinny! Surprised I can't really remember saying anything to you about Radiohead at all. It wouldn't surprise me though because I spent most of the time moaning about something, so yeah, I probably did.
Haha I remember it veeery well lol I was even kinda afraid to reply to this thread for fear of incurring your wrath again Wink

omgwtf wrote:
I see you've moved onto bigger and better things than Jonny now? Very Happy
Yeah, Arabic music lol

btw It's good to see you again (:
(Heck, I miss the old forum Sad)

Don't be silly, haha. It's nice to see you again, too. I also miss the old forum from time to time. There were a lot of great people on there. It's good that you're doing well though. As for your love for Arabic music.... Blink
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:22 pm

omgwtf wrote:

Don't be silly, haha. It's nice to see you again, too.
Thanks (:

omgwtf wrote:
I also miss the old forum from time to time. There were a lot of great people on there. It's good that you're doing well though.
Yeah... Many people have moved here, though I don't think that we'll ever see Allie or Jen again Sad

omgwtf wrote:
As for your love for Arabic music.... Blink
Haha I know lol It was something totally unexpected
Anyway, when I say Arabic music I don't mean what ppl usually associate with it, that quasi"traditional" belly-dancing kind of stuff (crap lol)

What I have in mind is something rather different, and I even managed to get Elena into it Woot (into my Ramy Gamal to be exact Very Happy)

Have a listen to this song

Feel free to slag it off mercilessly if you don't like it, it will feel like the good ol' days again Wink

Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm no mad for it, tbh. I turned off Joe Purdy to listen to it, so to be fair, anyone coming on after Joe would've had to have been pretty special. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:44 pm

omgwtf wrote:
I'm no mad for it, tbh. I turned off Joe Purdy to listen to it, so to be fair, anyone coming on after Joe would've had to have been pretty special. Wink
Haha OK
Thanks for listening anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
allie9609

allie9609

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Hey guys, I'm still here... though this only the second time I've been on Wink . I've just been so busy with work, I haven't had a chance to check things out. Nice looking forum... and I notice a distinct lack of spam! A definite plus!
I miss the old days as well, before the spambots... Wow. I've been a member of various different Vines forums for almost 10 years now Shocked . Feeling old!
Good to see a few people here I remember!
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:55 pm

allie9609 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm still here... though this only the second time I've been on Wink . I've just been so busy with work, I haven't had a chance to check things out. Nice looking forum... and I notice a distinct lack of spam! A definite plus!
I miss the old days as well, before the spambots... Wow. I've been a member of various different Vines forums for almost 10 years now Shocked . Feeling old!
Heeey, it's good to have you back Very Happy
Welcome aboard Wink
Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:24 pm

allie9609 wrote:

You're finally finished with uni now, right? Felt like you were there for ages. Laughing

Anyway, it's good to see you again, Allie.
Back to top Go down
allie9609

allie9609

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Tell me about it! 8 years of university and two degrees! I finished at the end of 2010 Smile . Good to see you around again! What are you up to? How've you been? Still writing music?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here from the old days?   Anyone here from the old days? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone here from the old days?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next