HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Craig got arrested

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:09 am

Quote :
The lead singer of rock band the Vines is accused of assaulting his parents and leaving a policeman injured after an alleged violent rampage at his house.

Police said songwriter and guitarist Craig Nicholls, 35, who has Asperger syndrome, punched his mother twice in the head about 12.15pm on Saturday before police used capsicum spray to subdue him after he resisted arrest.

Hurstville police Inspector Robert Duncan alleged Nicholls tried to run from police who were called to the house in Terry Street, Connells Point, where he lived with his family.

"He tried to evade police and [a] violent struggle ensued," Inspector Duncan said.
Advertisement

"A police officer suffered grazes, cuts and bruises to both elbows and knees and was treated at St George Hospital," he said.

Nicholls was arrested and charged with five offences, including two counts of domestic assault, stalking or intimidation, resisting arrest and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

His parents took out an AVO and he is expected to appear before Sutherland Local Court tomorrow.

In 2002 the Vines went from playing tiny Sydney pubs to being on the cover of American Rolling Stone as the face of "new rock", only to virtually implode one album later.

Their debut was a hit on both sides of the Atlantic and they were the most prominent and promising of the bands in this new movement, which included the likes of the Strokes and Melbourne's Jet.

Mixing Beatlesque melodies and Nirvana-like guitar thrashes they were seen as capable of being played on both pop and rock radio.

However, Nicholl's as yet undiagnosed condition saw him go from being called eccentric to destructive and violent and the band was forced to cancel tours and TV appearances.

It wasn't until 2006 and their third album that the complications of Aspergers were openly discussed around the band and the band's touring, recording and media commitments adjusted to aid Nicholls.

By then though the band's sales and audience were both on a seemingly inexorable decline.

The band formed in the early '90s after Nicholls met two other group members while working at McDonald's South Hurstville. He dropped out of Marist College Penshurst in year 10 to pursue his love of music and songwriting.

The group's name is a reference to a 1960s band that Nicholls's father Terry played in, called the Vynes.

They released their fifth album Future Primitive in June last year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/music/vines-singer-craig-nicholls-arrested-over-violent-rampage-at-home-20121016-27nuv.html#ixzz29QLAB9Wj

This is shocking. I don't know what to say.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
effervescingelephant

avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-01-06
Age : 24
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:25 am

Kitty wrote:
Quote :
The lead singer of rock band the Vines is accused of assaulting his parents and leaving a policeman injured after an alleged violent rampage at his house.

Police said songwriter and guitarist Craig Nicholls, 35, who has Asperger syndrome, punched his mother twice in the head about 12.15pm on Saturday before police used capsicum spray to subdue him after he resisted arrest.

Hurstville police Inspector Robert Duncan alleged Nicholls tried to run from police who were called to the house in Terry Street, Connells Point, where he lived with his family.

"He tried to evade police and [a] violent struggle ensued," Inspector Duncan said.
Advertisement

"A police officer suffered grazes, cuts and bruises to both elbows and knees and was treated at St George Hospital," he said.

Nicholls was arrested and charged with five offences, including two counts of domestic assault, stalking or intimidation, resisting arrest and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

His parents took out an AVO and he is expected to appear before Sutherland Local Court tomorrow.

In 2002 the Vines went from playing tiny Sydney pubs to being on the cover of American Rolling Stone as the face of "new rock", only to virtually implode one album later.

Their debut was a hit on both sides of the Atlantic and they were the most prominent and promising of the bands in this new movement, which included the likes of the Strokes and Melbourne's Jet.

Mixing Beatlesque melodies and Nirvana-like guitar thrashes they were seen as capable of being played on both pop and rock radio.

However, Nicholl's as yet undiagnosed condition saw him go from being called eccentric to destructive and violent and the band was forced to cancel tours and TV appearances.

It wasn't until 2006 and their third album that the complications of Aspergers were openly discussed around the band and the band's touring, recording and media commitments adjusted to aid Nicholls.

By then though the band's sales and audience were both on a seemingly inexorable decline.

The band formed in the early '90s after Nicholls met two other group members while working at McDonald's South Hurstville. He dropped out of Marist College Penshurst in year 10 to pursue his love of music and songwriting.

The group's name is a reference to a 1960s band that Nicholls's father Terry played in, called the Vynes.

They released their fifth album Future Primitive in June last year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/music/vines-singer-craig-nicholls-arrested-over-violent-rampage-at-home-20121016-27nuv.html#ixzz29QLAB9Wj

This is shocking. I don't know what to say.



OMFG Why? again
bad, just bad news
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thinkhappythoughts67

avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:54 am

I've just found out omg
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thinkhappythoughts67.tumblr.com
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:56 am

I can't believe he would do such a thing. I was a survivor of domestic violence and I just can't understand why he would attack his mum. I hope he doesn't ruin his life.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Lydier

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 21
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 am

Kitty wrote:
I can't believe he would do such a thing. I was a survivor of domestic violence and I just can't understand why he would attack his mum. I hope he doesn't ruin his life.

I really don't know what to think. I was so shocked that I stopped breathing when I read this. I really don't know what to think. This is so difficult for all of us to hear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
platinum



Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-11-05
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 am

Very tough to take in. I know he has AS, but sometimes its hard to remember it. He's a rock musician who's created some beautiful art. and his wild antics from his condition just kind of fit in with his rock persona. Takes something like this to really make you realize how serious things are for him. Serious enough to cancel out numerous tours, ruin opportunities with his band, etc. I feel for him and his family

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lydier

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 21
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 am

platinum wrote:
Very tough to take in. I know he has AS, but sometimes its hard to remember it. He's a rock musician who's created some beautiful art. and his wild antics from his condition just kind of fit in with his rock persona. Takes something like this to really make you realize how serious things are for him. Serious enough to cancel out numerous tours, ruin opportunities with his band, etc. I feel for him and his family


You are right. This will definitely impact his future, no doubt about it. These might become serious charges in a complicated and serious situation. I don't have anyone close to me with AS but this definitely brings the issue closer to heart. This is extremely tough for me. I still don't know what to think. Just that things are so difficult and difficult for him especially.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:43 am

Now I'm worried about what happens next. Jail? Rehab? Disappearing from society all together? What will happen after the trial? His family, career and future?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Lydier

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 21
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:46 am

Kitty wrote:
Now I'm worried about what happens next. Jail? Rehab? Disappearing from society all together? What will happen after the trial?

That's what I'm most concerned about right now. I'm very scared for Craig.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VisionValley

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:33 am

For all those interested, check out the link below and see if you can spot the name of a certain somebody on the list:

http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/courtlists/nswlc_lists.nsf/2d69be7802e95b764a256e6a00044f71/7e9315b47ea2029fca257a99001e4653?OpenDocument

Back to top Go down
View user profile
freak

avatar

Posts : 261
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 83
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:20 am

Oh my god... I have no words... I'm in shock.. No


Last edited by freak on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CandyFlippinGirl

avatar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Adelaide South Australia

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:24 pm


This is so unbelievable..Something has gone so very wrong for this to happen..I'm scared what the consequences might be for Craig and the effect this will now have on him and his family..My heart is breaking Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bwadi

avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-11-02
Age : 20
Location : Shebangabang

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Jesus Christ (apologies)

This will put a cloud over the album w/Nick & touring in support of it.
Also I wonder what Sony Aus would think of, seeing that they just recorded album no.6 they might drop the band if he's imprisoned.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't thinking of the music at first but now after this it kinda throws a massive spanner in the works for what I thought was going to be a triumphant return to the main spotlight for Craig. Unfortunately he attracted it for the wrong reasons. Look honestly there's a great chance that charges will be dropped for his mental illness, he might be sent back to the doctors more often & delay the releases of the 2 albums for it as well for him to just kinda fly under the radar & stay away from anything being spread around about him.

Wonder what Hamish & Ryan think of it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Hilton



Posts : 9
Join date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 pm

A real shame. Was looking forward to the new material.

I understand it going be all the AS problem and hard to deal with.

Doctors are likely going to tell him to retire from the music industry.

Just hope we get hear his music and projects before its to late.

Gutted big time. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(((A Name)))



Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:09 pm

I can't believe this!!! No
I was so exited to hear new stuff from the vines and craig solo... Shocked
I can't imagine why he should do something like that.
If this is true, it will destroy his carear forever Sad
This has to be a missunderstanding Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
braindead

avatar

Posts : 363
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : .

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:20 pm

he needs treatment right now ,not the fucking police. pig


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.www.com
PurpleLeaves

avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Thank you for that link "VisionValley".

I was thinking, would this be some sort of publicity stunt by his management perhaps? But then i see that list and it kinda confirms he actually got arrested so it really could be real. Crying or Very sad

It's just so crazy..i wonder what set him off? Drugs maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Headshrinker

avatar

Posts : 29
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 33
Location : A Basement On The Hill

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi, I've been a member of this forum for quite a while, haven't felt the need to post until now.
This is all very sad & really unexpected, from what I've read/seen I didn't think Craig was a violent person.
He obviously needs some help, hopefully this will force him to get it.
Thanks for the info VisionValley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luuana

avatar

Posts : 37
Join date : 2011-10-24
Location : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:38 am

i'm sad and devasted. don't know what to say. i want one of them to tell us what happened. we deserve an explanation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anaobrad

avatar

Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:47 am

I think maybe there should be less excuses made for Craig. He punched his mother and I don't really know what kind of person does that. Aspergers doesn't give him the green card to act violently.
I remember reading that his parents called the police on him when he was much younger too.... who knows what's going on at home, but he's a 35 year old man now (!!) and it all just sounds a little pathetic. I feel for his family, and for him too, but this is so so disappointing when you absolutely idolise a musician.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-vines.tumblr.com
CherryWaves

avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 27
Location : Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico.

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:16 am

anaobrad wrote:
I think maybe there should be less excuses made for Craig. He punched his mother and I don't really know what kind of person does that. Aspergers doesn't give him the green card to act violently.
I remember reading that his parents called the police on him when he was much younger too.... who knows what's going on at home, but he's a 35 year old man now (!!) and it all just sounds a little pathetic. I feel for his family, and for him too, but this is so so disappointing when you absolutely idolise a musician.

You are so right! There's no excuse to get violent with your family or any other person. He really needs to get treatment soon enough and probably move out of his parents house, I know it's hard to have aspergers or any other psychological problem, but c'mon, he's not a kid anymore, he must take responsibility of his actions. It did make me sad at first when I found out, but at the same time, I was so mad, violence is not good in any case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://temptwithhoursofpleasure.tumblr.com/
platinum



Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-11-05
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:36 am

When you google "the vines" lots of stuff on this story pops up. When I've googled them in the past after new albums coming out, you'd find very little. This is the biggest thing that's happened to the band in years, and it has nothing to do with music

I don't know a lot about the situation, as none of us do. I don't know who to be mad at, or what to believe. Craig did an awful thing, regardless. I hope he seeks out help to prevent what's happened from ever happening again. He's 35, not 18. If he can't seek out help and take the steps needed to help himself, then he should be under constant supervision.

And for the sake of his career and his family life, I hope he issues some kind of apology.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leanne



Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:48 am

I used to post on the old board but I read this last night and I'm still in shock. I really hope he gets straightened out and he and his family will be in my thoughts.

Also its 11:50am in Australia and the court date has already happened....I wonder what came out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goodbye



Posts : 196
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 71

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:17 am

MY OPINION

We can't be sad or disappointed of Craig, coz we don't know what really happend, live in Argentina make me realize that media (press, newspapers and tv) lie a lot. They exaggerate everything to get more shocking news.

Let's wait.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PurpleLeaves

avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:32 am

Yes but if he really did get arrested like that link seemed to show proof of, then it must have been something really bad. And yes, i know the press do lie a lot and exaggerate, but then again, do they always? Saying the police officer had bruised elbows and knees makes it sound like he had to tackle Craig to the ground and that Craig was so out of control, they had to use pepper-spray on him to subdue him. That's pretty crazy. I really don't wanna picture that scenario..let alone Craig hitting his mom. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   

Back to top Go down
 
Craig got arrested
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Craig Allan Solutions
» Welcome craig forsyth
» Craig & Jennifer update
» Cinder block boxes
» mushroom soil?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vines Official Forum :: The Vines :: News-
Jump to: