The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's going thru your head right now??

Go down 
+24
Jane20
Bwadi
kinna
Thinkhappythoughts67
BlackDragon
verluste
FindAWayOut
Bekkkka
omgwtf
Sexhair
Patricia
Suzy
Craig's Angel
LawlietWay
braindead
Kitty
CherryWaves
Anysound
Howl
freak
gizziey_sykes
The Household Cat
Rusty
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Anysound

Anysound

What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:53 am

Rusty wrote:

Ohh, I love P.D. James, have read all her books Woot
And the Skull is one of her very best, you'll love it (I hope Wink)

Kinda pity you don't do Ruth Rendell, she's the best crime writer ever (her stuff is so brilliantly creepy lol)

Oh, awesome! Very Happy So I guess you're the one to go to if I need some advice on essays I'll write about it, then? Wink

Well actually, I need to read some related texts (to include in essays as comparisons and such), so if you want to recommend a good one by Ruth Rendell, that would be really helpful. Very Happy

Rusty wrote:

I love youuuu!!!!
And yes, I know this song, have been listening to it on repeat for the last couple of days What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 Happy0045
Isn't he just absolutely wonderful?? :$

If you haven't already, you can download it here on Nogomi (just scroll down a bit and there's the download link)

So have I! ^_^
Yes he is. Very Happy
Awhh, thank you! Downloaded. ^_^ But I feel bad, how does he make money if his songs are so freely available? (And I mean freely in every sense of the word). Neutral

Rusty wrote:

You have no idea how happy I am that you still like him What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 Happy0169

btw Have you heard this one??

What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 Ramyguitar2
............................................. Love Love Love Love Love Love

(I knew this wub thing would be simply indispensable, hahah)

Awhhh. You're so cute! Hug I'm happy I still like him. Razz

Nope, I hadn't until just then. Thanks! Very Happy Brilliant song, really nice. ^_^

And hahah true! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:36 am

I just can't focus Mad
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Kitty wrote:
I just can't focus Mad

+ 1

I was meant to do sooo much schoolwork today and I did a maximum of one hour. Rolling Eyes Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Anysound wrote:

Oh, awesome! Very Happy So I guess you're the one to go to if I need some advice on essays I'll write about it, then? Wink
I'll help in any way I can Very Happy

Anysound wrote:

Well actually, I need to read some related texts (to include in essays as comparisons and such), so if you want to recommend a good one by Ruth Rendell, that would be really helpful. Very Happy
Just one?? Ohh, it's rather difficult cos she's written so many books that are simply unparalleled in their exquisiteness lol
Basically, her output can be divided into 3 categories:

1 Inspector Wexford series (here's your traditional sequence: murder + detective + solution = the criminal is duly punished ;p)
[although I oversimplify things here as with Rendell nothing is really, well... that simple lol]

2 stuff that is sometimes referred to as whydunnit, in which she offers deeper insights into the dark side of the human mind; here you'll find classic Rendell characters, people mentally disturbed, social misfits etc.
Very often the killer is the main character, and we see the world through his/her eyes, and I can tell you it produces a very disturbing and powerful effect lol
Totally creepy, like I said

3 novels written under the pseudonym Barbara Vine**, in which the psychological element is of primary importance (though the crime bit is always present)

**ain't that just freakin' awesome? Very Happy

OK, I can recommend one book from each category:
1 "The babes in the wood" (this is an Inspector Wexford novel, and I've chosen this one because there is a kind of parallel between The Skull's Clarissa and The Babes' Joanna Troy)

2 "A demon in my view", which is about a heavily disturbed guy who has this uncontrollable urge to kill women (he devises a brilliant - from his point of view anyway ;p - way to give vent and at the same time control this urge)

3 "A dark-adapted eye" which deals with dark family secrets

One more!
"Talking to strange men"
Here, a bunch of schoolboys play at being spies and send coded messages to one another. By a strange turn of events other people get caught in it, and all this results in... OK, I'll say no more, except that it's something truly tremendous
(I walked in a sort of daze for a couple of days after I read that book lol)

Anysound wrote:
So have I! ^_^
Yes he is. Very Happy
Awhh, thank you! Downloaded. ^_^ But I feel bad, how does he make money if his songs are so freely available? (And I mean freely in every sense of the word). Neutral
YaaaY! Very Happy

No problemo (:

Yeah, I know... and it's not only him, the moment any new album appears, bang! There it is on nogomi to download

Speaking of which...
fatet sana download
Sorry Ramy :S

Anysound wrote:
Awhhh. You're so cute! Hug I'm happy I still like him. Razz
Hug

Anysound wrote:
Nope, I hadn't until just then. Thanks! Very Happy Brilliant song, really nice. ^_^
YaY! So happy you like it Very Happy
and no problem Wink

Last edited by Rusty on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:54 pm

I think I'm going through a depressed state again Sad
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Kitty wrote:
I think I'm going through a depressed state again Sad
Hug Hug Hug
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Rusty wrote:

I heard there was a bus accident in Egypt last week - I tuned in to make sure your Ramy was OK!
lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Suzy wrote:
Rusty wrote:

I heard there was a bus accident in Egypt last week - I tuned in to make sure your Ramy was OK!
lol!
lol thanks What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 Tongue0006
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Can't sleep. bounce Sleepy. bounce Can't sleep. bounce Sleepy. bounce Don't sleep. bounce Wait. bounce Don't wait. bounce
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Anysound wrote:
Can't sleep. bounce Sleepy. bounce Can't sleep. bounce Sleepy. bounce Don't sleep. bounce Wait. bounce Don't wait. bounce

Wink
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:39 pm

Rusty wrote:

Wink

Hahah, awhh! Hug Wow, look, there's hundreds of these lullaby renditions of songs! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Anysound wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Wink

Hahah, awhh! Hug Wow, look, there's hundreds of these lullaby renditions of songs! Shocked
Hug
Weird innit Neutral

Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:53 pm

Rusty wrote:
Hug
Weird innit Neutral

It is! I just listened to a heap of PJ ones and I'm torn between being immensely offended and confused or overjoyed and mind blown. Shocked haha. Oh and I'm reminded that I saw the cover for "Babies Go Oasis" a few months ago and only now do I know what it was for. The Wonderwall one was kinda cute. Razz

Mind, this is undeniably awesome.
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Anysound wrote:

It is! I just listened to a heap of PJ ones and I'm torn between being immensely offended and confused or overjoyed and mind blown. Shocked haha. Oh and I'm reminded that I saw the cover for "Babies Go Oasis" a few months ago and only now do I know what it was for. The Wonderwall one was kinda cute. Razz
Haha, I've just checked it out and yeah, it is lol
love the song btw

Anysound wrote:
Mind, this is undeniably awesome.
It is nice, yeah

but this one is like, wooow Very Happy

but Babies go Radiohead??! This is nothing short of sacrilege lol
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Rusty wrote:

It is nice, yeah

but this one is like, wooow Very Happy

but Babies go Radiohead??! This is nothing short of sacrilege lol

Creeepy! Shocked

And hahah. Razz
Back to top Go down
CherryWaves

CherryWaves

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 11:37 pm

it's almost 2:00pm and i just woke up, awesome! sunny
Back to top Go down
http://temptwithhoursofpleasure.tumblr.com/
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:23 am

I slept 4 hours tonight! O joy! Feels so good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:25 am

CherryWaves wrote:
it's almost 2:00pm and i just woke up, awesome! sunny

I love you

Back to top Go down
CherryWaves

CherryWaves

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:19 am

freak wrote:

that's not enough hours, at least you have to sleep 12 hours to feel that good tongue
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:21 am

CherryWaves wrote:
freak wrote:

that's not enough hours, at least you have to sleep 12 hours to feel that good tongue

I'm insomniac so 4 hours is huge! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CherryWaves

CherryWaves

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:21 am

freak wrote:
CherryWaves wrote:
freak wrote:

I'm insomniac so 4 hours is a huge! Very Happy

oh, now I understand I love you
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:40 am

freak wrote:

I got 4.5 hours tonight and I feel like I'm dying. Shocked So much respect for you. Hug Hope you get even more sleep tonight!
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Welsh is such a pretty language. Love
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Rusty wrote:

Haha, awh, thanks Very Happy

Rusty wrote:

Just one?? Ohh, it's rather difficult cos she's written so many books that are simply unparalleled in their exquisiteness lol

1 Inspector Wexford series (here's your traditional sequence: murder + detective + solution = the criminal is duly punished ;p)
[although I oversimplify things here as with Rendell nothing is really, well... that simple lol]

2 stuff that is sometimes referred to as whydunnit, in which she offers deeper insights into the dark side of the human mind; here you'll find classic Rendell characters, people mentally disturbed, social misfits etc.
Very often the killer is the main character, and we see the world through his/her eyes, and I can tell you it produces a very disturbing and powerful effect lol

3 novels written under the pseudonym Barbara Vine**, in which the psychological element is of primary importance (though the crime bit is always present)

1 "The babes in the wood" (this is an Inspector Wexford novel, and I've chosen this one because there is a kind of parallel between The Skull's Clarissa and The Babes' Joanna Troy)

2 "A demon in my view", which is about a heavily disturbed guy who has this uncontrollable urge to kill women (he devises a brilliant - from his point of view anyway ;p - way to give vent and at the same time control this urge)

One more!
"Talking to strange men"
Here, a bunch of schoolboys play at being spies and send coded messages to one another. By a strange turn of events other people get caught in it, and all this results in... OK, I'll say no more, except that it's something truly tremendous

Oh my god, thank youuu! Surprised Really, I appreciate your time and effort and help and interest a lot. Very Happy These all sound really good, I'm really excited to choose one and read it! Very Happy cheers I have my English Extension 1 class tomorrow so I will ask my teacher which type he recommends to use as a related text.

Rusty wrote:

YaaaY! Very Happy

No problemo (:

Yeah, I know... and it's not only him, the moment any new album appears, bang! There it is on nogomi to download

Speaking of which...
fatet sana download

Hahah, thanks! Very Happy

It's funny, I hadn't even heard of this site until you linked me the first time and yet it seems so accessible and convenient it feels as though everyone should be using it haha.
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Anysound wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Haha, awh, thanks Very Happy

Rusty wrote:

One more!
"Talking to strange men"

Oh my god, thank youuu! Surprised Really, I appreciate your time and effort and help and interest a lot. Very Happy These all sound really good, I'm really excited to choose one and read it! Very Happy cheers I have my English Extension 1 class tomorrow so I will ask my teacher which type he recommends to use as a related text.
Hey, it was a pleasure Very Happy
and yay, awesome (:

Anysound wrote:
Rusty wrote:

YaaaY! Very Happy

No problemo (:

Speaking of which...
fatet sana download

Hahah, thanks! Very Happy

It's funny, I hadn't even heard of this site until you linked me the first time and yet it seems so accessible and convenient it feels as though everyone should be using it haha.
Aww, you're welcome (: Always glad to share my Ramooo Wink
Well, not many ppl are into Arabic music, so it's not really surprising that it isn't universally known

Anysound wrote:
Welsh is such a pretty language. Love
Ohh, it sure is Very Happy
I tried to learn it once, but it was a total disaster lol

btw Welsh people are lovely too <333

Last edited by Rusty on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's going thru your head right now??
Page 5 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next