The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year

Go down 
+9
CandyFlippinGirl
anaobrad
Rusty
Anysound
LawlietWay
freak
Thinkhappythoughts67
Jessica
Kitty
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Howl

Howl

Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year   Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:12 pm

anaobrad wrote:
Howl wrote:
The Vines are undeniably my favourite Australian band. They're my second favourite band in general.... but I did not vote for them. Am I a bad person? I just don't believe in all this kind of bullshit. I know the whole point is that they get more exposure and people start taking an interest in the band again, but I'd prefer that to happen through the quality of their music and live performances, rather than some bullshit television poll, the outcome of which is determined mostly by pathetic 13 year old girls who are basing their votes on shagability. The Vines are better than that.

...maybe I am selfish, though.

Yeah, I dunno...it may be "bullshit" but I think most of us voting were simply doing it as a form of showing our appreciation for the band in anyway we can. They get so little media exposure and can't tour as much as much as most bands, so while those are all legitimate points, I think having The Vines win, or come close to winning, wouldn't have been in any way detrimental. (Especially if it meant beating Short Stack Wink )

Fair point. But doesn't the fact that they're even competing against Short Stack prove the worthlessness of the competition? Regardless, even if I had wanted to vote, I couldn't get the site to work. I will support the band in other ways (I regularly play them at my workplace and give their CDs to people as gifts), but I'm not going to enable them to be degraded in some big PR move... well, at least not that one. Maybe if it was a Triple J competition or something more respectable than Channel V.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year   Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:56 pm

If Short Stack end up winning again, I wouldn't be surprised. But it was worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year   Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Jessica wrote:
Noooooooooooooo!

Damn you Channel V, damn you! Frustration

Awh! I think the only way they will be #1 is if more people are introduced to The Vines great sound.

We should all make a point this holiday season to play only Vines CD's for friends, family, neighbors - everyone should hear the new stuff & the old.

As for gift giving, if you are a fan, give only The Vines CD's for presents - The real present is when they start to love the music as much as we do!!

Share video's on Facebook, etc...

Email all radio, TV, websites, requests to see & hear more of The Vines....

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year   Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:43 pm

LawlietWay wrote:

Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year - Page 3 276826_236708969695726_517555908_n

Hahaha, brilliant use of this meme! Exactly how I felt: disgusted and shocked (as well as very sad).
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year   Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vote The Vines for Channel [V] Oz Artist of the Year
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3