The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New members?

Go down 
+29
Lloyd55555
Bwadi
Thinkhappythoughts67
Sexhair
stormboy
Koala Owl
Suzy
chacha
borgy
alex84
beege
Hilton
luuana
Howl
Rusty
Rimma
CandyFlippinGirl
Livbeke
Jessica
VisionValley
on_safari
julian
(((A Name)))
anaobrad
freak
Kitty
Anysound
fender101
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
anaobrad

anaobrad

New members? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:22 am

Anysound wrote:
I wrote about the apparent departure of Ryan and Hamish on Wikipedia yesterday (with references to Jane Gazzo's Tweet and the article on Music Feeds) but it's since been deleted. Hopefully a sign someone close to the band knows it's not true/ permanent? Neutral

I really don't know what to think. ;_; I can't believe there hasn't been more articles/ tweets about it, or anything! We just have to wait until we get word from Jess, I guess. Neutral

Do you think you could link to the music feeds article? I can't seem to find it! :~(
Back to top Go down
http://the-vines.tumblr.com
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:14 am

anaobrad wrote:

Do you think you could link to the music feeds article? I can't seem to find it! :~(

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/the-vines-debut-new-drummer-at-homebake-2011/
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Admin
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:57 am

Hi guys

I know a lot of you are confused so I'll confirm that yes - Hamish and Ryan have parted ways with The Vines.

If any of you were at Homebake yesterday, I'm sure you can agree the set was amazing and sounded better than ever. The band has made a creative decision to revert back to a three piece, as they originally started.

I know you will probably have a lot of questions but just wanted to say don't fear, this is in no way the end of The Vines!!

Jess x
Back to top Go down
https://thevines.forumotion.com
Livbeke

Livbeke

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:29 am

Shocked

Wow I'd never have expected this after being together for so long ... I hope it's for the best Sad

Back to top Go down
fender101

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks Jess, is the drummer who performed with them at homebake the new drummer?, hope the band can pump out a new album in the near future Smile
Back to top Go down
(((A Name)))

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Wow it's really true, that's hard to believe. Sad
I really liked Hamish and Ryan.
Jessica can you please show us some videos and pictures from the Homebake gig?
I want to hear the new sound of the Vines and I also want see the new drummer.
Hopefully their will be no problems for the band and their will be a new album soon.
Back to top Go down
CandyFlippinGirl

CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:53 pm

I was at Homebake yesterday and was VERY suprised to see a new line up..But as Jess said they were AMAZING and sounded fantastic..Craig just Killed it!! There was alot to be VERY proud of!!
For whatever reason these decisions have been made we have to be positive and believe they have been made in the best interest of the band..Although I will miss Hamish & Ryan dearly..I will ALWAYS Luv & Support The Vines..There are enough haters and music journos who probably can't wait to jump on this story and dish some dirt.. so I think for the remaining members to know they still have our support would be fantastic!!
THE VINES FOREVA!! Smile
Back to top Go down
anaobrad

anaobrad

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks so much for confirming :-)
Will there be a disclaimer outlining the reasons for the split? It's just such a shock!
Back to top Go down
julian

julian

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:49 pm

i'm so sad. i always was vines fans and of course i always will, his music change mi life in so many ways... but it is really disapointing.. all the support to craig.. but i'm going to miss Hamish and Ryan forever!Sad
Back to top Go down
freak

freak

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:33 am

How come everyone's so cool about it? That really really sucks!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:35 am

freak wrote:

I can't help but agree. Neutral Sure, we all know Craig is the fundamental creative force behind The Vines because he writes the songs and all, but losing half the band is going to have a massive impact regardless. Ryan and Hamish were just as important as any other member and I just can't get over it. Sad And I'm trying, because I know we need to support The Vines no matter what but without knowing why, I'm finding it hard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Rimma

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:21 pm

I've just thought, if they are not going to replace Ryan maybe it means he has left band not forever? So hope for it.
Back to top Go down
on_safari

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:09 pm

I'm confused.. Did Craig kick them out or did they chose to leave? I'm just trying to figure out if this part of Craig's master plan or something.
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:47 pm

freak wrote:
Exactly!!

I suppose the name of the band should be something like Craig Nicholls & His Temporary Satellites Whom He Kicks Out Whenever He Gets Bored With Them

The whole thing is just sooo not right Sad
Has he ever considered a solo career? Neutral

Back to top Go down
Livbeke

Livbeke

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:25 am

on_safari wrote:
I'm confused.. Did Craig kick them out or did they chose to leave? I'm just trying to figure out if this part of Craig's master plan or something.

The feeds article did say that Craig sacked Hamish and Ryan and hired a new drummer, wich is kind of upsetting like he owns the band and doesn't care about the other members, then again he does cause they're his songs and he is the leader of the band, even though songs aren't everything

I guess I will give him the benefit of the doubt until we know what really happened, IF we ever do, I mean maybe he kicked them out Evil or Very Mad or maybe they decided to leave and left Craig hanging Sad although that sounds weird cause they didn't do it during The Vines hardest times, what could've happened so terrible now to make them split ?!!

I don't really know what to think! It's all too weird scratch ... I'm going to miss Hamish and Ryan though Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Livbeke

Livbeke

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:05 am

Rusty wrote:
I suppose the name of the band should be something like Craig Nicholls & His Temporary Satellites Whom He Kicks Out Whenever He Gets Bored With Them

Haha I think Craig no matter whatever band name he plays under, either it's The Craig Nicholls Band or The Vines, will always play the same music, that's why I like love him ... of course it'd suck if he kicked Hamish and Ryan out of the band though Evil or Very Mad

We will have to wait for Hamish and Ryan to form their own bands and see what happens ...

Back to top Go down
Howl

Howl

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:12 am

This has got to be a publicity stunt, right? It's a desperate attempt for the band to make headlines like "derange Craig Nicholls fires two thirds of his band, including a founding member" etc... IT'S ALL A BIG MARKETING PLOY, RIGHT??!?!??!!

Regardless, I want to slap Craig in the face. I love him dearly and his music is of incomparable importance to me, but I just can't understand how he could supposedly do something like this and not at least issue a statement to his fans.

...... I can't imagine The Vines with Hamish or Ryan. It reminds the recent reformation of Hole. If it's just Courtney Love and none of the other original members, it's not really Hole - it's just Courtney Love playing Hole songs. Even though Craig may be the primary songwriter, we don't know The Vines without Hamish (and since Ryan joined the band so early, we can pretty much say he was there from the beginning). Without those two, it's just not right.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:57 am

Well, I'm glad I'm not alone in my thoughts. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Rusty

Rusty

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:01 am

Howl wrote:
This has got to be a publicity stunt, right? It's a desperate attempt for the band to make headlines like "derange Craig Nicholls fires two thirds of his band, including a founding member" etc... IT'S ALL A BIG MARKETING PLOY, RIGHT??!?!??!!
Do you really think that Craig would stoop to something so low??

Howl wrote:
Even though Craig may be the primary songwriter, we don't know The Vines without Hamish (and since Ryan joined the band so early, we can pretty much say he was there from the beginning). Without those two, it's just not right.
This is the end of an era, that's for sure...
So sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Howl

Howl

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:04 am

Rusty wrote:
Howl wrote:

I actually don't think he would. I'm just trying to think of a situation where Hamsish and Ryan might return. I'd love for it to be a publicity stunt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
anaobrad

anaobrad

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 am

Howl wrote:

...... I can't imagine The Vines with Hamish or Ryan. It reminds the recent reformation of Hole. If it's just Courtney Love and none of the other original members, it's not really Hole - it's just Courtney Love playing Hole songs. Even though Craig may be the primary songwriter, we don't know The Vines without Hamish (and since Ryan joined the band so early, we can pretty much say he was there from the beginning). Without those two, it's just not right.

Shocked

Yeah, I definitely agree with the Hole statement....it feels like the band loses something just thinking of Hamish and Ryan not being there.....and that something is massive :-(

I really believe there must be good reason behind the split though...The Vines have been a huge part of Hamish and Ryan's life for too long for them to have had a fight NOW, after all the massive dramas, and split. Its so depressing though Crying or Very sad I mean, we've seen pictures of Ryan and Craig together from childhood! They were best friends.
Back to top Go down
CandyFlippinGirl

CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:36 pm

It's totally obvious that Ryan and Hamish were a major part of The Vines and it's really difficult to comprehend that they aren't going to be a part of the band anymore..Their sudden departure really broke my heart..However speculation, anger or even blame is not going to change the situation!! Therefore I think it's really important to wait for the facts!!
Until I have all the facts and are aware of why this has happened, I WILL continue to support Craig, Brad and who ever else chooses to play along side them..That does not mean for one minute that I don't care about Hamish or Ryan cos I luv them dearly..It simply means that I refuse to stop supporting a band that I have ALWAYS BELIEVED IN, based on some internet reports, speculation and heresay!! We just don't know, there could be so much more to this than we realise!! WAITING FOR THE FACTS!!
Back to top Go down
luuana

luuana

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:01 pm

I'M FUCKING CRYING.

WTF ARE YOU GUYS SAYING? IS THAT GOOD? IT IS NOT.

FUCK YOU ALL

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
Back to top Go down
luuana

luuana

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:08 pm

wtf happened? did craig sack them out of the band? COULD SOMEONE JUST EXPLAIN THAT SHIT TO ME?
Back to top Go down
luuana

luuana

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:23 pm

"The band has made a creative decision to revert back to a three piece"

CREATIVE DECISION??

WILL PATRICK AND HAMISH BE BACK? No. SO IT IS NOT CREATIVE. I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine any fucking new guy doing Vines song except 'em. Sorry. I can't deal with that shit at least for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New members?   New members? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New members?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next