The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this forum finally dead?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
(((A Name)))

Is this forum finally dead? Empty
PostSubject: Is this forum finally dead?   Is this forum finally dead? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 2:24 am

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but now I'm shocked. Is this forum finally dead? I mean the Touring area is deleted and unavailable and it seems like nobody is posting here anymore. What's going on with the Vines and Craig? Does anyone of you guys know anything new (I hope some of you are still around in this forum from time to time)? The current situation here makes me sad. Seems like this band has reached the bottom now. Let's hope it's not over... Sad
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum finally dead?   Is this forum finally dead? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:30 am

Hey! I haven't been on here in so long and I felt bad about that but was soo shocked to see only three threads show up when I hit "posts since last visit" (last time I was here was in June!!). Really sad indeed. Sad I have no idea what's happening with The Vines atm. Obviously there's no chance them touring anytime soon given past instances and the take down of that thread, buuuuut hopefully no news is good news? The fact there's been no official word from The Vines has got to be a good sign.

Anyway, I'll be posting something that should be of interest to some of you later today. Wink I'm hoping other people come here once in a while too. Smile Sad

Edit: Here is what I was talking about (posted in another thread but quoting/copying here):

Anysound wrote:
Hey guys. Back when this aired I filmed the morning session on my phone like the little fangirl I am in case no one else recorded it. I finally got around to editing it together and uploading it to YouTube today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EnbkXs1Zgc&feature=youtu.be

Beware: the quality is HORRIBLE. Super quiet and, because I was recording a TV screen with my phone, quite blurry and shaky. bounce But anyway, I hope it brings some joy to some of you. Smile Sorry again for the quality and for being so late. Also, I apologise for my snort of suppressed laughter at the end.  Razz

Also, I just found the evening session has been uploaded here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBm9y2kATaM

This one has about two or three clips that also played in the morning session, but apart from that they're different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum finally dead?   Is this forum finally dead? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:45 am

I feel like I want to ask Lachlan/Tim on twitter about what is happening with The Vines but I don't want to be annoying towards them. Maybe write a strongly worded letter to Parker + Mr French? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum finally dead?   Is this forum finally dead? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:55 am

Kitty wrote:
I feel like I want to ask Lachlan/Tim on twitter about what is happening with The Vines but I don't want to be annoying towards them. Maybe write a strongly worded letter to Parker + Mr French? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know the feeling. Neutral silent
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum finally dead?   Is this forum finally dead? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:59 am

Anysound wrote:
Kitty wrote:

I know the feeling. Neutral silent

Maybe we'll get some news sometime after May when The Griswolds tour in the US is over.
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum finally dead?   Is this forum finally dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 3:58 am

Kitty wrote:
Maybe we'll get some news sometime after May when The Griswolds tour in the US is over.

Hopefully! bounce
Back to top Go down
(((A Name)))

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum finally dead?   Is this forum finally dead? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 5:00 am

Anysound wrote:
Hey! I haven't been on here in so long and I felt bad about that but was soo shocked to see only three threads show up when I hit "posts since last visit" (last time I was here was in June!!). Really sad indeed. Sad I have no idea what's happening with The Vines atm. Obviously there's no chance them touring anytime soon given past instances and the take down of that thread, buuuuut hopefully no news is good news? The fact there's been no official word from The Vines has got to be a good sign.

Anyway, I'll be posting something that should be of interest to some of you later today. Wink I'm hoping other people come here once in a while too. Smile Sad

Edit: Here is what I was talking about (posted in another thread but quoting/copying here):

Anysound wrote:
Hey guys. Back when this aired I filmed the morning session on my phone like the little fangirl I am in case no one else recorded it. I finally got around to editing it together and uploading it to YouTube today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EnbkXs1Zgc&feature=youtu.be

Beware: the quality is HORRIBLE. Super quiet and, because I was recording a TV screen with my phone, quite blurry and shaky. bounce But anyway, I hope it brings some joy to some of you. Smile Sorry again for the quality and for being so late. Also, I apologise for my snort of suppressed laughter at the end.  Razz

Also, I just found the evening session has been uploaded here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBm9y2kATaM

This one has about two or three clips that also played in the morning session, but apart from that they're different.

This forum has become very strange. I wasn't even able to log in over the last few weeks. It seems like the login-area has disappeared...
Anyway those videos from the rage programm were nice to watch, thanks Anysound Smile
In the end I think the only thing we can do is waiting for something to happen. I bet Craig used the last year to write a bunch of new songs.That's what he does, as we all know. If you guys could ask Tim, Lachlan or Parker+Mr French that would be great, but of course it's up to you.
Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum finally dead?   Is this forum finally dead? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:49 pm

I still haunt this forum quite regularly, in search of news or just ANYTHING Vines related.

But did anyone else notice thevines.com is now a website for a winery? How can new fans access this forum without a proper website?Sad I guess everything is on facebook now, so it may not matter.

Anyway, this forum is on life support thanks to the four of us. elephant

I've been enjoying White Shadows, and of course the masterpiece of Wicked Nature, so we know the lads still got it where it counts! flower
Back to top Go down
(((A Name)))

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum finally dead?   Is this forum finally dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 3:24 am

Koala Owl wrote:
I still haunt this forum quite regularly, in search of news or just ANYTHING Vines related.

But did anyone else notice thevines.com is now a website for a winery? How can new fans access this forum without a proper website?Sad  I guess everything is on facebook now, so it may not matter.

Anyway, this forum is on life support thanks to the four of us. elephant

I've been enjoying White Shadows, and of course the masterpiece of Wicked Nature, so we know the lads still got it where it counts! flower

Your right. I was really disappointed when I saw that the website was gone. It looked great after they redesigned it. Wicked Nature was an awesome album and Wicked Nature has also become one of my favorite songs. On the White Shadows album I liked Mystery Godness the most.
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum finally dead?   Is this forum finally dead? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 3:29 am

No worries, guys. Smile And for sure, I'll be here till the bitter end (though let's not assume that's going to happen).

Still so mad Wicked Nature didn't blow up massively in the press for being the incredible album it is. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum finally dead?   Is this forum finally dead? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this forum finally dead?
Page 1 of 1