The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's going thru your head right now??

Go down 
+24
Jane20
Bwadi
kinna
Thinkhappythoughts67
BlackDragon
verluste
FindAWayOut
Bekkkka
omgwtf
Sexhair
Patricia
Suzy
Craig's Angel
LawlietWay
braindead
Kitty
CherryWaves
Anysound
Howl
freak
gizziey_sykes
The Household Cat
Rusty
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Jillian Lee

Jillian Lee

What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Way to make it awkward Suzy! Haha jk! Razz I already accomplished that. afro

It's always the past and the future though, isn't it? I pity the present moment. xD
I think I just had a Mr. T moment.

I'm exhausted too so don't worry about it. It's six thirty in the morning... God forbid I go to bed when it's still dark outside.

This post has been completely meaningless. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Jillian Lee wrote:
Way to make it awkward Suzy! Haha jk! Razz I already accomplished that. afro

It's always the past and the future though, isn't it? I pity the present moment. xD
I think I just had a Mr. T moment.

I'm exhausted too so don't worry about it. It's six thirty in the morning... God forbid I go to bed when it's still dark outside.

This post has been completely meaningless. Sleep

I see you are a West Coast Girl?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:58 am

Germany won 1-0 tonight! Mario Gomez scored a wonderful header, too. Absolutely love that man. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/stobieboy
Jillian Lee

Jillian Lee

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 6:29 am

Yep Suzy I am. Smile I live in Washington State. Well, a small unfortunate town in Washington State.
What about you?

I knew Germany would win. I'm psychic. Cool
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:59 pm

I've been looking at this guitar company's website where they offer guitar building courses for anyone. I've loved Craig's Spalt & Scala for so many years and me being left handed, getting my hands on that is basically impossible, let alone a right handed one. Plus they don't supply quilted maple which is used on the Scala hence it's "wavy" effect on the paint. The course goes for 5 weeks and you get to make your own body and wind your own pick-ups and whatnot, but it's $2'800, is a left handed Spalt & Scala copy really worth all that money? (They also don't have the TV Jones' pickups off the Scala either)
Back to top Go down
http://bwadi.tumbr.com
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Jillian Lee wrote:
Yep Suzy I am. Smile I live in Washington State. Well, a small unfortunate town in Washington State.
What about you?

I knew Germany would win. I'm psychic. Cool

One of my brothers lives near Portland, Oregon. But I am about 2,500 miles away on the East Coast... Virginia Beach sunny
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Highly Evolved wrote:
I've been looking at this guitar company's website where they offer guitar building courses for anyone. I've loved Craig's Spalt & Scala for so many years and me being left handed, getting my hands on that is basically impossible, let alone a right handed one. Plus they don't supply quilted maple which is used on the Scala hence it's "wavy" effect on the paint. The course goes for 5 weeks and you get to make your own body and wind your own pick-ups and whatnot, but it's $2'800, is a left handed Spalt & Scala copy really worth all that money? (They also don't have the TV Jones' pickups off the Scala either)

I went in search of more info on your guitars, cool looks. But ended up reading old interviews from this list on the old forum.
http://thevines.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=3140&mode=threaded&pid=285239

About the guitar... your choice, it depends on your desire to spend if you have the money. It seems the value may just increase on such an item over time too! And the experience of the course will stay with you forever. I saw a guy trade an antique gun for a Les Paul guitar in perfect condition $4000.00 on Pawn Stars last night and he was thrilled! So maybe a real guitar person wil give you a better answer. Woot We need a smiley with a guitar!
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:03 pm

Suzy wrote:
About the guitar... your choice, it depends on your desire to spend if you have the money. It seems the value may just increase on such an item over time too! And the experience of the course will stay with you forever. I saw a guy trade an antique gun for a Les Paul guitar in perfect condition $4000.00 on Pawn Stars last night and he was thrilled! So maybe a real guitar person wil give you a better answer. Woot We need a smiley with a guitar!

I've seen Les Pauls go for $75'000 and '56 Strats for $90'000+ on Jacksons rare guitars in Sydney. The bloke who traded that in probably got ripped off, then again us aussies don't see much in the way of vintage guitars like the Americans do. I'm not sure if under 18s are allowed for the course either, but I think it'd take a few shots to get the tone and sound that you like in a guitar. Plus what hardware like bridges and pickups, so really I'm just shooting blind here, but practice makes perfect!
And yes we need a guitarist smiley Razz
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 9:56 pm

What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 372810_338774902861539_1745240383_n

Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:40 pm

requesting "Get Free" on Triple J for the fun of it Smile
I don't know if I should tell them about the news of the 2 albums though, maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:39 pm

Suzy wrote:
What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 372810_338774902861539_1745240383_n

Thought you guys might like this guitar? What kind is it?
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:14 am

Suzy wrote:
Suzy wrote:

Thought you guys might like this guitar? What kind is it?

It's a fender stratocaster, but with it's designs and graphics, it could be a copy from a custom builder or one of the builders from the Fender Custom Shop
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:33 pm

A Dingo ate my baby...

3 years in prison with hard labor...

32 years later...

A Dingo ate her baby.

Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:00 am

Highly Evolved wrote:

Just so you know, there was a thread a few years ago regarding Craig's guitar (the one you'd like) and the general consensus was that it was really poor. It didn't even really have a good sound after Craig had improved the pick-ups, so I wouldn't want to imagine how it'd sound without the modification. Judging by what I can remember from what was said in the old thread, I'd say no, it's not worth the money. You can probably get something a lot better for a lot cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:55 am

omgwtf wrote:
Highly Evolved wrote:

Just so you know, there was a thread a few years ago regarding Craig's guitar (the one you'd like) and the general consensus was that it was really poor. It didn't even really have a good sound after Craig had improved the pick-ups, so I wouldn't want to imagine how it'd sound without the modification. Judging by what I can remember from what was said in the old thread, I'd say no, it's not worth the money. You can probably get something a lot better for a lot cheaper.

Thanks, I assumed that seeing it is a custom built guitar maybe the craftsmanship would of been a lot better and you'd get a real nice tone out of it, and previous to looking at the specs of the guitar, I'd never heard of TV Jones' pick ups anyway. I would of built mine with Seymour Duncans or Dimarzio pick ups I think. Maybe I'll save up and get a Kurt Cobain Mustang (it's not purely out of liking Nirvana, but I like Fender Mustangs and I can't find one with a humbucker in it)
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Just got an email from my Air Force son. After basic training in Texas, then a year and a half in California, linguistics college, he will graduate in July and spend 3 more months back in Texas.

Then the good news! In November he is going to Maryland which is only about 3-4 hours away from here. I almost broke down in tears of joy and relief. (I still may) Drama I am glad he will be pretty close to home again.
Back to top Go down
Jillian Lee

Jillian Lee

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Aww I'm happy for you Suzy! I can't imagine what it's like having to be so far away from your children after raising them all those years. My own mother is extremely over-protective and the definition of a selfless mother so I have no doubt she'd sympathize with you. Though, I'm a massive homebody.
When was the last time you saw your son?

In other news... it's eleven AM and I haven't slept yet. I'm attempting to stay up all day so I can get to bed at a decent hour for once. We'll see how that goes.
I've had insomnia for nearly a year (strange considering before that I slept like a baby) which has gotten progressively worse and worse. Lately I haven't been going to bed until around seven or so in the morning and end up waking around four/five PM.
It's not right. It's just not right lol.
Back to top Go down
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Jillian Lee wrote:
In other news... it's eleven AM and I haven't slept yet. I'm attempting to stay up all day so I can get to bed at a decent hour for once. We'll see how that goes.
I've had insomnia for nearly a year (strange considering before that I slept like a baby) which has gotten progressively worse and worse. Lately I haven't been going to bed until around seven or so in the morning and end up waking around four/five PM.

I've been there many times before, it's horrible. If you do manage to stay awake, the sleep you'll have tonight will be worth it. You're basically out cold by the time your head hits the pillow. Speaking as a fellow night owl, I do share your frustration. Razz
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:58 pm

Jillian Lee wrote:
Aww I'm happy for you Suzy! I can't imagine what it's like having to be so far away from your children after raising them all those years. My own mother is extremely over-protective and the definition of a selfless mother so I have no doubt she'd sympathize with you. Though, I'm a massive homebody.
When was the last time you saw your son?

Hey Thanks! We had him home for Christmas & New Years. That was after the first whole year of being gone. We celebrated the previous holidays a week early because he was leaving for boot camp.

We email, call, text, etc... but it is hard to hug thru those things! cheers

I can't help much with the sleeping thing. I normally fall exhausted, still in my clothes, into bed sometimes as soon as it gets dark. But that only lasts a few hours and then I toss and turn (and get up many times to pee! LOL ) all night until Bunny gets me up at the first sign of light. Sometimes earlier.
I never feel fully rested. Every 6 months or so I will get a night that really feels like my muscles relaxed while sleeping. Sometimes, sharing a bottle of wine, or a couple shots of Beam will get me a good couple of hours, but it hurts my stomach so much I rarely drink.

Bunny is the pro sleeper... But he is not giving up his secrets!

What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 100_9082

What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 100_9080
Back to top Go down
Jillian Lee

Jillian Lee

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:17 am

UGH. My internet disconnected and I lost everything I typed. Sonofa.
My brain... hurts so bad right now. Drank wayyy too much last night. Forgot that it wasn't worth it.
I think next weekend I'll play with my kitten instead haha.

omgwtf wrote:
I've been there many times before, it's horrible. If you do manage to stay awake, the sleep you'll have tonight will be worth it. You're basically out cold by the time your head hits the pillow. Speaking as a fellow night owl, I do share your frustration.

I did manage to stay up all day and it was easier than I expected. Believe me I've had my fair share of all-nighters, but they always involved alcohol to fuel me lol. I went to bed around nine PM and fell asleep around ten. Didn't immediately pass out but close enough.
Except the next night I didn't go to bed until five in the morning and it took me hours to fall asleep yet again. Ffkslgsdgsh.
I used to love being a night owl... I guess irony is biting me in the ass now.

Suzy wrote:

Hey Thanks! We had him home for Christmas & New Years. That was after the first whole year of being gone. We celebrated the previous holidays a week early because he was leaving for boot camp.

That sounds nice! I like the idea of celebrating holidays ahead of time. Who cares which day you celebrate on when it's all about the celebration anyway. I still couldn't tell you the date of most of the holidays LOL.
I know The Fourth of July though. Not sure how I ever remembered that one. I'm brilliant. Cool

Quote :
We email, call, text, etc... but it is hard to hug thru those things! cheers

It's true, you can't hug through those things - but thank god we have them right?! Can you imagine living back in the day when the only way you would have been able to contact him was through written letters? Yikes.
Although, getting a letter in the mail is always exciting. xD
You should - if you haven't already - buy a couple of cam's so you can video chat together.

Quote :
I can't help much with the sleeping thing. I normally fall exhausted, still in my clothes, into bed sometimes as soon as it gets dark. But that only lasts a few hours and then I toss and turn (and get up many times to pee! LOL ) all night until Bunny gets me up at the first sign of light. Sometimes earlier.
I never feel fully rested. Every 6 months or so I will get a night that really feels like my muscles relaxed while sleeping. Sometimes, sharing a bottle of wine, or a couple shots of Beam will get me a good couple of hours, but it hurts my stomach so much I rarely drink.

I hear you with the tossing and turning thing. I can never stay asleep either and wake up a million times during the night morning. Can't say I ever feel fully rested - I swear I could sleep another ten hours every day. I can relate completely on that level. Not being able to stay asleep is almost more frustrating than not being able to fall asleep.
Alcohol always wakes me up more unless I drink enough to keel over into a drunken coma.

Quote :
Bunny is the pro sleeper... But he is not giving up his secrets!

What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 100_9082

What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 100_9080

Hahaha that second picture of Bunny is priceless. They're both cute, and he is definitely adorable, but the second is my favorite.
Pets find the funniest places to sleep.
Someone broke into our house a week ago while I was still sleeping and stole our flat screen TV along with my digital camera - so I can't post any pictures of my kitten. Sad
He's a long-haired orange tabby. <3
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 pm

When we moved last year, I was using the laundry baskets to straighten up and tossed a blanket in on top of some folders.

Bunny jumped in and claimed it right away.

Now it is really nice to move around and keep from under foot. Plus easy to clean after his baths!

SCARY about your burgler! Was anyone else at home? They never knew you were there or what?

We had some guys break into our house when I was in 7th or 8th grade. I came home alone, but thank God they were
already gone! They robbed many other homes, and also killed a girl and left her in the woods.

It was definitely something out of a horror movie.

I am glad you are alright. Items can be replaced but people - no. Hug
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:47 pm

I swear to god I heard "Orange Amber" on Hamish and Andy's gap year
Going to scan the credits now when it's finished
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:44 pm

A tumbleweed rolls through The Vines forum
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Jillian Lee wrote:

He's a long-haired orange tabby. <3
What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 Morrie

We used to have a cat that looked like this.
Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:08 pm

can't get on to the old forum for the past few days, saying it's having some kinda trouble with the database or something. The world is a cruel, cruel place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going thru your head right now??   What's going thru your head right now?? - Page 24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's going thru your head right now??
Page 24 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next