The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When did you get into the vines?

Go down 
+19
viines
(((A Name)))
oilpainting
thevines2002
CandyFlippinGirl
Thinkhappythoughts67
anaobrad
BacktoCalifornia
CherryWaves
Howl
Kitty
Anysound
miau
••••
Swedernish
Jort
mmmpotatosalad
stormboy
gizziey_sykes
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gizziey_sykes

gizziey_sykes

When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:20 pm

Howl wrote:
1969 and Amnesia are two of the greatest songs ever written.

i hope you will add on Mary Jane!! Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/gizziey.sykes
Howl

Howl

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:24 pm

gizziey_sykes wrote:
Howl wrote:
1969 and Amnesia are two of the greatest songs ever written.

i hope you will add on Mary Jane!! Very Happy lol

Definitely! That's definitely in my top 5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:28 pm

gizziey_sykes wrote:
i just feel like the vines are just perfect. i mean, i praise craig for doing what he does, concidering his i don't want to call it a disability, cuz it's not, but his minor issue. it just blows me away how amazing people can be, no matter what they do, where they come from or who they are. this band has words that changed my life and my point of view on things. i just wish i had friends to share this with, ya know?

Awh, yeah, I know that feeling all too well. Craig has such a beautiful soul and the way he expresses it through his music and melodies is just enchanting. I'm lucky, I converted my best friend into a Vines fan so I can talk to her about them but it always saddens me how hardly anyone knows who they are. They deserve so much more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
gizziey_sykes

gizziey_sykes

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Anysound wrote:
it always saddens me how hardly anyone knows who they are. They deserve so much more.

yes, however, i think that as i don't *know* the vines as people, only as musicians playing music, i have a feeling that they are comfortable with their fan base. it's not too over whelming to where they'd get mobbed wherever they went, but it's not small enough to say "why play anymore?" you know? and the fans they have love them so damn much. and i think that over powers anything!
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:42 pm

gizziey_sykes wrote:
yes, however, i think that as i don't *know* the vines as people, only as musicians playing music, i have a feeling that they are comfortable with their fan base. it's not too over whelming to where they'd get mobbed wherever they went, but it's not small enough to say "why play anymore?" you know? and the fans they have love them so damn much. and i think that over powers anything!

That is very true, yeah. I think this way is good because they can go out and play shows and know their fanbase is loyal and understanding of their situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
gizziey_sykes

gizziey_sykes

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Anysound wrote:
That is very true, yeah. I think this way is good because they can go out and play shows and know their fanbase is loyal and understanding of their situation.

yes. i can't tell you how crazy my all time low show was. for being a poppy band with 14 year old girls screaming, the crowd was fairly RUDE. if people are there because of the music, they will not be acting like such animals, they'd just be greatful to be within 100 feet of an amazing artist.
Back to top Go down
CherryWaves

CherryWaves

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 am

when they first came out, i fell in love with them since <3
get free and the whole cd was stuck in my head for months, and the outtathaway video made me fall in love with craig, he look so damn fine I love you
Back to top Go down
http://temptwithhoursofpleasure.tumblr.com/
BacktoCalifornia

BacktoCalifornia

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:13 pm

To be honest, I came by The Vines in a rather odd way. I was searching Youtube and I came across Weird Al Yankovic's Angry White Boy Polka. I thought it was entertaining the way he lampooned and belittled Nu Metal in the song so I listened a couple of times. Then I started searching up these other artists in the video. The first one I looked up was The Strokes, which are still one of my all time favourite bands. And then I gradually got to The Vines' hit song Get Free which I was obsessed with for a month or so. Then I bought Highly Evolved and was completely blown away from the the diversity and versatility of The Vines' songwriting. The rest is history.
Back to top Go down
anaobrad

anaobrad

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:54 pm

I got into them at the beginning of this year actually, Im a bit younger so I all but missed the hype they went through (the only thing I remember from then is "Ride")
Anyway, we got BDO '11 early, and one friend suggested we go watch The Vines, so we did, and the gig was amazing! It was something like 11am and I hardly knew anything about them, so seeing Craig get so into the music and just watching the band perform as whole was brilliant for me, and totally unexpected! They were my favourite show from that day, and I'd only every heard one of their songs! Watching the guitar get smashed up was pretty rad too haa Smile
Back to top Go down
http://the-vines.tumblr.com
Thinkhappythoughts67

Thinkhappythoughts67

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:09 pm

anaobrad wrote:
I got into them at the beginning of this year actually, Im a bit younger so I all but missed the hype they went through (the only thing I remember from then is "Ride")
Anyway, we got BDO '11 early, and one friend suggested we go watch The Vines, so we did, and the gig was amazing! It was something like 11am and I hardly knew anything about them, so seeing Craig get so into the music and just watching the band perform as whole was brilliant for me, and totally unexpected! They were my favourite show from that day, and I'd only every heard one of their songs! Watching the guitar get smashed up was pretty rad too haa Smile

Oh That`s soo cool Smile, I wish i could see them..ok, to be honest i started listening to them this year..and i got into them because of Alex Turner, yeah hahahah, I've read that Craig was an influence for him, so there was a while that i kept the band's name in my head..and one day that i didn't know what to listen to, i remembered them, and that was it, i completely lost my mind Razz
Back to top Go down
http://thinkhappythoughts67.tumblr.com
CandyFlippinGirl

CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:50 pm

From the first time I heard Winning Days I became totally addicted..I have seen them play 12 times, and often have travelled to other parts of Aust for their shows.. I have a huge collection of their memorabilia from all around the world..But my most prize possesion in my collection is one of Craigs Guitars which is fully signed by all four band members and Slightly damaged, But..I know how that happend and I Wouldn't have it any other way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thevines2002

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 pm

The year was 2002, and i heard Get Free for the first time. I was instantly hooked. I went out and bought highly evolved, loved the whole album, and the rest is history.

One of my top 5 favourite bands for sure.

I wish they'd come and play in Canada sometime soon!
Back to top Go down
oilpainting

oilpainting

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:14 am

It was in 2002, I was 18, when I bought Highly Evolved. I fell in love with it ever since day one. The artwork, the music and the whole theme of the album. There was such an amazing feeling in the air around 2002 and 2003 when great bands like the vines and black rebel motorcycle were just coming out.

And now with Future Primitive the vines have totally blown me away once again!

Back to top Go down
anaobrad

anaobrad

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:51 am

CandyFlippinGirl wrote:
From the first time I heard Winning Days I became totally addicted..I have seen them play 12 times, and often have travelled to other parts of Aust for their shows.. I have a huge collection of their memorabilia from all around the world..But my most prize possesion in my collection is one of Craigs Guitars which is fully signed by all four band members and Slightly damaged, But..I know how that happend and I Wouldn't have it any other way Very Happy

That's so rad! Love that you travel around to watch them, must be so fun!
Back to top Go down
http://the-vines.tumblr.com
CherryWaves

CherryWaves

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 pm

CandyFlippinGirl wrote:

mmm, are you the girl on youtube that got hit with craig's guitar?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://temptwithhoursofpleasure.tumblr.com/
(((A Name)))

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm from Germany and there not many people know the Vines.
But in the end of 2007 I bought a game named Flatout 2 and one track on this game was Don't listen to the Radio.
I loved that song since the first time I heard it.
So I bought there best of album and loved it too.
Today I also have Melodia,Future Primitive and the other songs.
I hope they will play again in Germany some day.
Back to top Go down
CandyFlippinGirl

CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:05 pm

CherryWaves wrote:

mmm, are you the girl on youtube that got hit with craig's guitar?! Shocked

Haha No Def not me on youtube Rolling Eyes I think I've seen enough Vines shows to know when to stay clear of Craig and his guitar..but thanks for asking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
viines

viines

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:51 pm

It was in 2009, I was searching for a good band similar of The beatles on a website and The Vines was in the list, so I went on youtube to ear and I listen to Get Free, 1969 (live at bid day out, what a performance!) and the song who make me love The Vines so much was Winning Days ! Such a good song, then I immediatly buy Highly Evolved and Winning Days, since this time I listen to them all the time ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Livbeke

Livbeke

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:39 am

thevines2002 wrote:
The year was 2002, and i heard Get Free for the first time. I was instantly hooked. I went out and bought highly evolved, loved the whole album, and the rest is history.

One of my top 5 favourite bands for sure.

I wish they'd come and play in Canada sometime soon!

Same here! ... I was like 17 (I feel ooold haha) and after hearing Get Free on the radio I was hooked and got Highly Evolved, Get Free single, Outtathaway single CD 1 & 2, magazines, etc...

I think I'm less obsessive now haha but It´s been almost 10 years and they're still one of my favorite bands and love every album that they put out Smile

Back to top Go down
Bwadi

Bwadi

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 4:51 pm

it was in 2002, back then I didn't really take notice of bands as such, but on one weekend, watching video hits and I saw "Get Free" for the first time. When it was finished I was pretty sad, I wanted to see it all over again and I promised myself "One day, I wanna play music like that" That was when I started remembering songs and band names so I could discover them a bit more later on. Now I got all 5 cds and got a few of my friends into them Smile (Mum still thinks Craig's a nutbag but I've told her he's off the bong now Razz )
Back to top Go down
http://bwadi.tumbr.com
omgwtf

omgwtf

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:14 pm

I can't believe I was 13 when I first got into The Vines. Feel really old right now. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/stobieboy
matypeluka

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:27 pm

I liked a band called "el bordo" before.
they made a video and put him in youtube, and someone commented that it was very similar to "ride" ... then i watch the video of ride and I found it are identical, and I became fan of the vines.

was in the 2008...

(el bordo / la banda)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did you get into the vines?   When did you get into the vines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When did you get into the vines?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2