The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The end of The Vines?!

Go down 
+23
luuana
Thinkhappythoughts67
CherryWaves
effervescingelephant
Vision Days
Rusty
braindead
anaobrad
freak
borgy
daytripper
on_safari
Treestar
Craig's Angel
chacha
Anysound
fender101
Kitty
Suzy
thelivingvines
Howl
Koala Owl
(((A Name)))
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
(((A Name)))

The end of The Vines?!  Empty
PostSubject: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Hamish and Ryan are out of the band and we hear no news of the band and the future of them.
Could this be the end?!
I don't hope so. Sad
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Evil or Very Mad No, its not the end!

I thought the last 2 albums were pretty good, but they never reached their full potential!! They need to end the vines after 20 albums or so bounce bounce bounce

Although, its up to Craig. It could be the end of touring and they could turn into a studio band. That could be successful!? scratch
Back to top Go down
(((A Name)))

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:38 pm

Koala Owl wrote:
Evil or Very Mad No, its not the end!

I thought the last 2 albums were pretty good, but they never reached their full potential!! They need to end the vines after 20 albums or so bounce bounce bounce

Although, its up to Craig. It could be the end of touring and they could turn into a studio band. That could be successful!? scratch
I also liked the last two albums. Maybe the reason why Future primitive had no succes is that Sony doesn't support The Vines enough.Hopefully they are still working on the demo album.
Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Yeah, the last two albums didn't have very good promotion. Remember their old manager Andy Kelly? pirat

That Andy bloke was sacked after Vision Valley, and the following two albums got no promotion (and cheesy/not s hot music videos for their singles).
Back to top Go down
Howl

Howl

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Koala Owl wrote:
(and cheesy/not s hot music videos for their singles).

This is a really good point and one that I'd never taken into consideration. If we got another cool Michel Gondry animated video, that would definitely get them attention. Hipsters worldwide will sink their vegan teeth into anything relating to Gondry.

I hate to say it, but another classic riff (like in Get Free or Ride) could really help to get them in the spotlight again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/MarchOfClouds
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:24 am

Mad Yeah the newer music videos aren't great. Neutral I will never watch "He's A Rocker" ever again, "Get Out" was mediocre/boring... The new videos are really predictable! Of all the movie-making talent in the world and they get those vids???

Look at "Get Free"! sunny It is funny and energetic, they get blown away at the end! Its quite funny, actually. Winning Days vid was a BEAUTY! alien

Lets see some good vids! And what the hell is the next single from Future Primitive? Is that all over with?
Back to top Go down
thelivingvines

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:57 pm

I think its absolutely appalling and shows a blatant disrespect and disregard for The Vines phenomenally supportive fans that we haven't heard a peep out of the band, the management or even Jess about this.

Is it any surprise that this place is dead when this is how fans are treated? It's a great shame for the band and everyone who has put so much into supporting them.
Back to top Go down
Suzy

Suzy

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 pm

You guys must be insane! I would rather listen to any of The Vines songs today, than anything else! One album after another! I think that is the plan then!

I wanted to wish all of the band, former band, associated people, and fans...

"Happy New Year!"

Like a Star @ heaven sunny Love Hug Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bunnybeagle101
(((A Name)))

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 12:21 am

I'm tired of waiting! Mad
I want to hear some news! bounce
What will happen with the VInes??? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:51 am

Hmmm. Not much for the vines then? There's more posts in non-vines Off topic threads than actual vines discussions.

Strange behavior by us fans. You can get more outta people's YouTube comments than on the official forum!

C'mon peeps! Whip out those old vines demos and lets talk about some DAMN FINE music. It's the vines!
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm not sure to ask Jess about what is happening with The Vines again but I feel like that I'm pestering her.
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
fender101

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Wouldn't call it pestering, it's only for the fans best interest we would love to know if there still a bright future for our favourite band Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Back to top Go down
fender101

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:22 am

Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:26 am

Exclamation Sydney - huge recording session the Vines Craig Nichols w Nick Littlemore of Pnau & Empire... 20 piece orchestra w Sydney's finest. Special Exclamation

Is this for The Vines or is it a separate collaborative project involving Craiggy?

cherry Either way, so excited! What a Face

THANK YOU FATHER CRHISTMAS santa
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:22 pm

^ Great, this sounds promising! Good news, at last! Very Happy

Kitty wrote:
I'm not sure to ask Jess about what is happening with The Vines again but I feel like that I'm pestering her.

I felt this, too. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
chacha

chacha

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:33 pm

That recording session sounds like a solo collaboration effort to me, not for The Vines. But in saying that in interviews i saw from Splendour In The Grass and around that time recording was almost complete for the new album...so here's hoping it's still all coming and isn't stopped or on hold for ages due to legal matters!!!!!

I really don't think this is the end of The Vines. I think it's just a change up. From what i've read/seen this new album will be very different from previous. Seems to me they're choosing to head in a different direction and wanted things mixed up and changed abit.
Plus i've heard a few stories about reasons why Hamish and Ryan were booted out!

Long live The Vines!!
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:07 am

chacha wrote:
That recording session sounds like a solo collaboration effort to me, not for The Vines. But in saying that in interviews i saw from Splendour In The Grass and around that time recording was almost complete for the new album...so here's hoping it's still all coming and isn't stopped or on hold for ages due to legal matters!!!!!

I really don't think this is the end of The Vines. I think it's just a change up. From what i've read/seen this new album will be very different from previous. Seems to me they're choosing to head in a different direction and wanted things mixed up and changed abit.
Plus i've heard a few stories about reasons why Hamish and Ryan were booted out!

Long live The Vines!!

Really? Shocked What like?
Back to top Go down
chacha

chacha

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Kitty wrote:
chacha wrote:

Long live The Vines!!

Really? Shocked What like?

Well i've seen some people on this forum say they thought Hamish looked like he no longer enjoyed it so much. And i also posted a comment i found on another website, someone saying they saw The Vines play (not sure how recent) and Craig got super annoyed at Hamish for something.

As far as Ryan is concerned, i honestly think he wasn't bringing enough to the table. And i saw some shows, he seemed really drunk and while i'm not an expert guitar player i know and play abit and it sounded to me like he fucked up...alot. And i'm not the only person who has picked up on it.

But...who am i to know anything?! No one. I'm just grabbing at what i've seen myself and picked up on other peoples observations and comments. Searching for signs. I guess this is what happens when we dont get any information!
Back to top Go down
Craig's Angel

Craig's Angel

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:01 pm

"The end of The Vines?!"
who cares what i say but this thread is quite stupid.a band Doesn't end till they don't have fans and Support.Plus arent they're like 200 threads about this already Rolling Eyes scratch
Back to top Go down
http://Itisbroke.tumblr.com
Treestar

Treestar

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:50 pm

I think people are bummed because bands do end after change ups. It happens. It's not out of the ordinary to wonder about it. I think Craig is great at folk type acoustic but it's obvious he likes to rock out as well. Not sure the mix has been easy to keep up with though. I can see him having better success as a straight James Blunt type or plain hard rock. One or the other. The genre mixing makes it hard! Usually rock will have a few love ballads that people really dig at concerts. I love his varied talent but it's more artistic than selling records. He says himself he's not interested in the major fame and it's obvious. Having your band fail goes along with that attitude though if you have members that are in it to win it. I really respect his commitment to his art and not selling out. That's old school.
Back to top Go down
chacha

chacha

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:09 am

Treestar wrote:
I think people are bummed because bands do end after change ups. It happens. It's not out of the ordinary to wonder about it. I think Craig is great at folk type acoustic but it's obvious he likes to rock out as well. Not sure the mix has been easy to keep up with though. I can see him having better success as a straight James Blunt type or plain hard rock. One or the other. The genre mixing makes it hard! Usually rock will have a few love ballads that people really dig at concerts. I love his varied talent but it's more artistic than selling records. He says himself he's not interested in the major fame and it's obvious. Having your band fail goes along with that attitude though if you have members that are in it to win it. I really respect his commitment to his art and not selling out. That's old school.

Real talk right there!
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:46 am

Treestar wrote:

So sad yet so true.
Back to top Go down
on_safari

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:19 am

Bummed to even think that this is a possibility... that said Tame Impala is my new favourite band right next to The Vines (always my first).

TAME IMPALA!
Back to top Go down
on_safari

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:58 am

Treestar wrote:

But him having more success as a "straight James Blunt type or plain hard rock" type isn't in his nature... That's why all the vines albums are broken up. It's this weird totally unique form of bi-polar rock... The band shouldn't be able to break apart just like that though... Pink Floyd has had line up changes... I don't like them but THE EAGLES have had SO MANY band changes its unbelievable that their name stayed the same.

Personally I really want the Vines to still be Craig's project and even if members come and go so be it- so long as he is still making music...

I'm personally afraid that if the Vines are finished Craig will stop making music... or his music will be so hard to get a hold of that he will be hard to to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of The Vines?!    The end of The Vines?!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The end of The Vines?!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next