The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Craig got arrested

Go down 
+37
Lloyd55555
xermiona
razzger
Koala Owl
thelivingvines
Livbeke
on_safari
Jack94
MaryJane86
Treestar
sealove
nefertiti324
LawlietWay
omgwtf
chacha
infinityplus0ne
Torched
Ally Nicholls
goodbye
Leanne
CherryWaves
anaobrad
luuana
Headshrinker
PurpleLeaves
braindead
(((A Name)))
Hilton
Bwadi
CandyFlippinGirl
freak
VisionValley
platinum
Lydier
Thinkhappythoughts67
effervescingelephant
Kitty
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
VisionValley

VisionValley

Craig got arrested - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:47 am

Here's an update as to what happened in Court today. I don't know why they mention the fact that Craig has long hair as if it's something bad.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2012/10/17/12/34/vines-singer-in-court-on-violence-charge
Back to top Go down
VisionValley

VisionValley

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:55 am

Actually that article appears to have an error. The matter is next before the Court on Wednesday, November 14, when presumably a plea to the charges will be entered.
Back to top Go down
Leanne

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:57 am

So basically, he is going to see a psychologist and he is staying with friends and goes back to court in November. I'm just curious as to what made him snap. In my opinion, I think there might be something else going on besides Aspergers.

Last edited by Leanne on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PurpleLeaves

PurpleLeaves

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:02 am

Wow, how sad. Thanks for the updates VV.

Oh and they were just describing how he looked like so the hair got mentioned also. But yeah, if he had short hair they probably wouldn't have said anything.

Could be drugs Leanne. Doesn't cocaine have a tendency to make one violent? he could be using that and/or other drugs...
Back to top Go down
PurpleLeaves

PurpleLeaves

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 am

Yeah, do you really think it could be some sort of publicity stunt? even if that link mentioned his name.. don't mean that its still couldn't be a publicity stunt.. It is possible you know..
Back to top Go down
platinum

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:08 am

PurpleLeaves wrote:
Yeah, do you really think it could be some sort of publicity stunt? even if that link mentioned his name.. don't mean that its still couldn't be a publicity stunt.. It is possible you know..

if this is a publicity stunt, i'm never giving the vines a penny of my income ever again
Back to top Go down
luuana

luuana

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:17 am

I think we deserve an official announcement. I am very confused and sad.
Back to top Go down
CandyFlippinGirl

CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:26 am

THE lead singer of The Vines has faced court on charges of punching his mother during an argument at the family home.

Craig Robert Nicholls is on bail after his arrest on Saturday at his family's Connells Point home in Sydney's south.
An AVO taken out against him by the family was continued in Sutherland Local Court this morning, but a Magistrate has relaxed some conditions so that the singer will not have to report to police or be banned from entering Connells Point.

The 35-year-old is charged with two counts of domestic assault, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, stalking and resist arrest.

An officer who was called to the family home after Nicholls allegedly punched
his mother twice in the head was taken to St George Hospital for cuts and bruises.

The court heard Nicholls, who has Asperger Syndrome, has an appointment with a psychologist in Friday.
Back to top Go down
CandyFlippinGirl

CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:34 am

His barrister Jason Watts asked for a four-week adjournment.

He will now return to Sutherland Court on November 14, when a plea to the charges will be entered.

This is the best possible outcome for today's court appearance..He is now free to seek the help he so obviously needs..and start to rebuild the relationship with his family.. Much  and support to Craig & his whole family xo
Back to top Go down
Lydier

Lydier

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:42 am

All of this is still very surreal to me. It's all very confusing for a sad, lonely, and lost teenager who's sole source of inspiration was Craig. I continue to listen to The Vines religiously and be supportive and understanding of Craig. I don't know him personally but judging from interviews and sorts that I've read, he does not come across as someone who would have the intentions of hurting anyone. Everything seems so sudden. So far I hope newspapers are exaggerating the nature of his acts - as they always seem to do. But I guess for now all we can do is wait. :/ Personally this has not significantly changed my opinion of him as an artist. We will see.
Back to top Go down
CandyFlippinGirl

CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:50 am

platinum wrote:
PurpleLeaves wrote:

if this is a publicity stunt, i'm never giving the vines a penny of my income ever again

I can't believe that you would think Craig would actually lower himself to pull a publicity stunt like this awful situation involving his family..especially his mum..Do you really think that little of him 
Back to top Go down
luuana

luuana

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:55 am

CandyFlippinGirl wrote:
platinum wrote:
PurpleLeaves wrote:

I can't believe that you would think Craig would actually lower himself to pull a publicity stunt like this awful situation involving his family..especially his mum..Do you really think that little of him 

My words.
Back to top Go down
PurpleLeaves

PurpleLeaves

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:11 am

platinum wrote:
PurpleLeaves wrote:

Well i wouldn't put anything pass Craig's management. I don't put much pass the entertainment industry in general because they are corrupt. FACT!

Doesn't Craig have a solo album coming out soon?
Back to top Go down
PurpleLeaves

PurpleLeaves

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:14 am

CandyFlippinGirl wrote:

It wouldn't be Craig doing it but his management. Music stars are controlled you know. They don't have all that much say in the matter. The whole thing could be made up or grossly exaggerated to create publicity and to get people talking....and you know...it sure is working.
Back to top Go down
Ally Nicholls

Ally Nicholls

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:38 am

Kitty wrote:
I can't believe he would do such a thing. I was a survivor of domestic violence and I just can't understand why he would attack his mum. I hope he doesn't ruin his life.

I dont belive in the press they always mess up stuff! ibelive in Craggie! and im sure he would never like tu hurt somebody!..
Back to top Go down
Ally Nicholls

Ally Nicholls

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:42 am

I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT CRAIG IDM WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS! I BELEIVE IN CRAIG NOT IN SHITTY NEWS! THAT WANT TO CREATE PUBLICITY! and btw everythings getting better now!Smile!
Back to top Go down
CandyFlippinGirl

CandyFlippinGirl

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:53 am

PurpleLeaves wrote:
CandyFlippinGirl wrote:

It wouldn't be Craig doing it but his management. Music stars are controlled you know. They don't have all that much say in the matter. The whole thing could be made up or grossly exaggerated to create publicity and to get people talking....and you know...it sure is working.

Are you serious!!! You really think Craig would allow his own mother to be dragged into a publicity stunt to promote his music!! This is an awful thing for him & his family to go thru..Maybe the press have exagerated the situation as they often do...But to think it has been dreamed up by his management for publicity is just Awful!!! I'm sure in Aust you can't just get someones name put on the District Crimal Courts list just for publicity..
Back to top Go down
PurpleLeaves

PurpleLeaves

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:07 am

CandyFlippinGirl wrote:

Are you serious!!! You really think Craig would allow his own mother to be dragged into a publicity stunt to promote his music!! This is an awful thing for him & his family to go thru..Maybe the press have exaggerated the situation as they often do...But to think it has been dreamed up by his management for publicity is just Awful!!! I'm sure in Aust you can't just get someones name put on the District Criminal Courts list just for publicity..
Yes it is awful but they (management) have that much power and they do not care who they hurt. Its not even Craig so much as wanting to promote his music but his management company and publicists. They certainly are getting MUCH out of this, more then Craig actually gets. Much is riding on albums and how well they sell. Like i said, Craig may not have much say in the matter. He may not even like what is being done but has no choice. This is how they control the artists. (or at least one of the many ways) And perhaps they could get the courts approval???...money talks you know..

Now I'm just brainstorming here of a real possibility about what "could" be happening here. Because lets face it, its pretty sensational. There is so much we don't know about the workings of the industry. And with what i do know, It ain't pretty I'll tell you that much.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:12 am

PurpleLeaves wrote:
CandyFlippinGirl wrote:

Are you serious!!! You really think Craig would allow his own mother to be dragged into a publicity stunt to promote his music!! This is an awful thing for him & his family to go thru..Maybe the press have exaggerated the situation as they often do...But to think it has been dreamed up by his management for publicity is just Awful!!! I'm sure in Aust you can't just get someones name put on the District Criminal Courts list just for publicity..
Yes it is awful but they (management) have that much power and they do not care who they hurt. Its not even Craig so much as wanting to promote his music but his management company and publicists. They certainly are getting MUCH out of this, more then Craig actually gets. Much is riding on albums and how well they sell. Like i said, Craig may not have much say in the matter. He may not even like what is being done but has no choice. This is how they control the artists. (or at least one of the many ways) And perhaps they could get the courts approval???...money talks you know..

Now I'm just brainstorming here of a real possibility about what "could" be happening here. Because lets face it, its pretty sensational. There is so much we don't know about the workings of the industry. And with what i do know, It ain't pretty I'll tell you that much.

Cut the conspiracy bullshit. How about we wait until there's more truth to this story.

You know what would be good publicity? Him cleaning up his act, reconciling with his family, a public apology and maybe a bit of charity work.
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
PurpleLeaves

PurpleLeaves

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:29 am

Kitty wrote:

Cut the conspiracy bullshit.
Its not conspiracy bullshit. I'm stating facts. The industry is corrupt. I'm sorry if you don't choose to believe that. Personally, i would rather have my theory be true. Isn't it better then thinking all that really happened??? confused

Quote :

How about we wait until there's more truth to this story.
Are we really going to get the truth?

Quote :

You know what would be good publicity? Him cleaning up his act, reconciling with his family, a public apology and maybe a bit of charity work.
You think we're really going to get something like that out of the press? How many "publicity stories" about celebrities do you know are of something positive? Generally they're all negative things...People like to read about smut. They don't wanna hear how goody goody someone is or has become... And, if there is an apology of sorts, his name and image will be tainted and people wont see him in quite the same way. I don't trust these press articles. There's usually lies and exaggerations involved and they're serving a purpose.
Back to top Go down
Torched

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:57 am

This was shocking news to me, this destroys all hope of redemption for Craig and The Vines. Sony will probably drop him, and I wonder if they'll go ahead and release his solo project. I feel bad for Appleonia (the girl who collaborated with him on 'She Is The Sun', her probably breakout single is going to be overshadowed by Craig's arrest...

I have lost a lot of respect for Craig after hearing this. Now that NME has posted an article on it, I seriously think he is done in the music industry. It really is a shame...
Back to top Go down
infinityplus0ne

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:03 am

PurpleLeaves i will give you the heads up. As the brother and friend to the guys that ran one of Australian bigger indy labels i can tell you no management company in there right mind would want anything to do with charges to do will assaulting women, let alone there own mother, gf or wife. yer sure it gets the vines in the news papers but i'm telling you there is no good ways to spin domestic violence. Not to mention that the cops that pepper sprayed him would have to be in on it. What seems more likely everyone is just making up this horrible story to...get the band some press before a cd thats coming out next year, or a 35 year old man that lived with his parents and had/has drug dependence issues, a history of violent outbursts on stage, and assaulted a photographer and a history of mental illness lashed out and attacked someone.

but in the 1% your right i would say that craigs management are for a lack of a better word retards. if you want to get charged for something to make the news you go for something that is going to make the pages but isn't going to have you seen in a bad light like caught with weed or smashing his mothers car with a sledgehammer or something fucking ridiculous like riding a bike naked thru a mcdonalds drive thru at 1am asking to see demanding to speak to Ronald Mcdonald

what i want to know is are you allowed to go to the court or do you have to be related to one of the cases to go
Back to top Go down
chacha

chacha

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Guys this is for real. There's no way this kind of stunt would do anyone any good and there is now WAY Craig would be part of that. And also the Police and Courts wouldn't lie either.

Something is very wrong for this to be happening. The court heard today that there have been previously un-reported incidents. We've seen strange behaviour all year from Craig, with the band, his weight loss etc... I think it's fair to say Craig is struggling a lot worse than any of us have already speculated this year.

I don't know how I feel about hearing he done those things, all i know is that this isn't the Craig I know, it isn't the Craig we all know, and i just hope he can overcome whatever is causing this.
Back to top Go down
chacha

chacha

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:41 pm

infinityplus0ne wrote:

what i want to know is are you allowed to go to the court or do you have to be related to one of the cases to go

Pretty sure the court is open to the public...?
Back to top Go down
PurpleLeaves

PurpleLeaves

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks for sharing infinityplus0ne.

I was just thinking along the lines of a publicity stunt because that way i could blame that instead of thinking this could be real. But if its real, then its very heartbreaking. I feel so bad for Craig and his family. I truly wonder what's up. confused

Chacha..really? unreported incidents? funny how you should say that because i suspected that this may not be the first incident. It was more like the straw that broke the camels back and his mon simply had enough.

What i want to know is, what's wrong with Craig??? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig got arrested   Craig got arrested - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craig got arrested
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next