The Vines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?

Go down 
+8
fansofcraig
MrPiddles
Paranoid123
Bwadi
Lloyd55555
platinum
Anysound
Kitty
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fansofcraig

If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi Kate! I'm of Craig Nicholls Fans. People are sending me the questions on private :/ So, I will post them here so you can see them Smile

-----------------------------
Dear Craig,
If you were to write a song for someone else to perform, who would it be for, what kind of song, and why?
Best,
Chris Charley
------------------------------
I would like to know what were the moments or stories behind some songs, any song, they're are all interesting.
Lore Carmona
How much time did it take till you became famous?
Alan Bustamante
Back to top Go down
thelivingvines

If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 10:49 pm

I'd ask - who would be your superband?
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Hey guys,

I know there's some confusion about who we should these kind of things to, but good news! I have an answer! Razz Jess has told me that if anyone ever has questions, fan mail, or anything similar, the best point of contact is: jess@thevines.com

Now we at least know SOMEONE will at least receive what we send out, and who better/closer to the band than Jess herself, right? cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/illusionvalley
fansofcraig

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 4:09 pm

For who want to start a band, do you have any advice?
Leonardo Bondioli
----------------------------------------------
Recent influences?
Cristobal Vieira Cerpa
----------------------------------------------
What's your most favourite movie?
Hanga Kovács
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 3:25 am

Here are all the typed up questions I have so far, including some of my own contributions. Is there any suggestions to add or remove questions?

1. What would the second half of Wicked Nature have been called if it was released on its own?

2. Would you ever consider rerecording old songs like Hot Leather, Landslide, Take a Sunday, Down at the Club and Don’t Go, even just for bonus tracks/b-sides or an EP?

3. How many albums do you think The Vines would have released by now had you called the shots?

4. Now that you’re on your own label, how regularly do you plan to release albums?

5. Would you ever (get someone computer savvy to) put up some of your acoustic demos (that you don’t intend to record in the studio) online for the fans so that they have something to listen to between album releases?

6. What happened to the side project album you were working on a couple of years back?

7. Craig, do you have any favourite planets or other features/objects from outer space?

8. Craig, do you ever go to the Zoo? What are your favourite animals? Favourite wild animal?

9. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names and their characteristics?

10. Do you have a favourite home cooked meal? Do you have a favourite restaurant to eat at?

11. How do you know when to let go of something or someone?

12. Do you/have you ever wanted a telescope? Have you ever looked through one at the moon or elsewhere? What did you see/feel?

13. What is your favourite Vines album artwork? What album covers in the history of music are your favourites?

14. What is a rehearsal session like for The Vines? Is the space dimly lit? Are there rope lights and decorations? Does the band eat and drink together? If so, what kind of food and drink?

15. Do you play/watch any sports? I like footy (soccer), what do you think of soccer teams?

16. If The Vines covered a Stone Temple Pilots song, which one would you attempt?

17. Where is your favourite place to holiday? Have you ever been camping in a tent? Or alternatively, would you rather stay in a hotel or a tent under the stars?

18. What is each Vines members’ favourite punk bands?

19. Do you like the Sex Pistols or The Ramones?

20. Are you into the Libertines/Babyshambles?

21. Are you into stand-up comedy? What are some of your favourites?

22. Now that you have your own label (Wicked Nature Music), would you ever consider re-issuing/re-releasing The Vines discography in limited edition? Colour vinyl/bonus discs (Zen Demos/B-sides/live recordings)?

23. You've said in a few interviews before that you have an absolute heap of songs, in the triple figures. Will they ever see a release? Maybe even on a massive box-set or something?

24. What guitars do you have at home/during recording?

25. Do you still own the green Spalt & Scala 486 from the 'Winning Days' era?

26. Favourite album of Radiohead?

27. If some day you'll like to use computer, you would join into this forum?

28. Do you like Portishead?

29. Favourite book of all time?

30. Is there any place that you haven’t been before that you want to play a live show at? Nationally and overseas?

31. Would you ever display any of your artworks in a public gallery? Sell them? Post them online for fans?

32. How does one get to design album covers for musicians?

33. List your top 5 visual artists of all time.

34. List your top 5 musicians of all time.

35. What is your typical songwriting process? Music and melody, then lyrics or opposite/other?

36. Do you get those song ideas that just magically appear in your head out of nowhere?

37. If you were to write a song for someone else to perform, who would it be for, what kind of song, and why?

38. Are there any interesting moments or stories behind any of your songs?

39. If you have formed a supergroup, who would be in it?

40. Are you happy? I wonder, if not! It must be such a great feeling to know, that your songs bring happiness to thousands of people all around the world. Remember that whenever you are fed up.

41. For those who want to start a band, do you have any advice?

42. If you were to write a song for someone else to perform, who would it be for, what kind of song, and why?

43. What's your most favourite movie?

44. Would you ever study art again or perhaps sound engineering?
Back to top Go down
http://assburgers-grrl.tumblr.com
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 3:27 am

Anysound wrote:
Hey guys,

I know there's some confusion about who we should these kind of things to, but good news! I have an answer!  Razz  Jess has told me that if anyone ever has questions, fan mail, or anything similar, the best point of contact is: jess@thevines.com

Now we at least know SOMEONE will at least receive what we send out, and who better/closer to the band than Jess herself, right? cheers

I'll PM you the final draft of the questionnaire for you to send to her (it feels kind of awkward for me to send it to her).
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 5:20 am

I fear that although an interesting question, 11 may be a bit too personal, just my opinion though! As for '25. Do you still own the green Spalt & Scala 486 from the 'Winning Days' era?', I'm sure I heard someone close to the band say that it was destroyed years ago! And 37 and 42 are the same!

As for other questions:
1) What happened to the album that was recorded with the old line-up in 2011? Will those songs appear on other albums now as I'm assuming the original probably can't be released now?

2) Have you heard of Irish musician Fionn Regan? If not, you should really check him out! I recommend the first album 'End of History' to start off.

And on that note, everyone on the forum who's a fan of The Vines acoustic songs should have a listen to Fionn Regan right now, trust me! (He is not me or anyone I know, I promise. This isn't a plug!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1gOI_Q-NJw
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thesharpears
Sexhair

Sexhair

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:21 am

I have one! I have one!

What other hip hop artists does he listen to besides Outkast?

I've literally wanted this answered since I got into The Vines, so someone please fucking ask him! Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://en-tergalactic.tumblr.com/
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:18 am

Lloyd55555 wrote:
I fear that although an interesting question, 11 may be a bit too personal, just my opinion though! As for '25. Do you still own the green Spalt & Scala 486 from the 'Winning Days' era?', I'm sure I heard someone close to the band say that it was destroyed years ago! And 37 and 42 are the same!

As for other questions:
1) What happened to the album that was recorded with the old line-up in 2011? Will those songs appear on other albums now as I'm assuming the original probably can't be released now?

2) Have you heard of Irish musician Fionn Regan? If not, you should really check him out! I recommend the first album 'End of History' to start off.

And on that note, everyone on the forum who's a fan of The Vines acoustic songs should have a listen to Fionn Regan right now, trust me! (He is not me or anyone I know, I promise. This isn't a plug!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1gOI_Q-NJw

Fixed that for you. I'm not sure about the other two questions because 1) That might be a bit too emotional for him. and 2) I'm pretty sure he doesn't know who he is.
Back to top Go down
Lloyd55555

Lloyd55555

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:35 am

Yeah I guess that first one could be to emotional for him, he did say of Wicked Nature in a recent interview that talking about the delayed release would make him emotional. I was just super-curious about it as I'm sure a lot of us are coz they pretty much finished it! And the Fionn Regan thing, I just really wanted Craig to hear him coz he'd probably love it! Maybe another time we can send him a list of bands/artists he might like, I'm sure he's always looking for new things to listen too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thesharpears
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:40 am

I need about 7 more questions and I think I'll be done with it.
Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:41 am

Looks great! Should be more than enough!

Although I would really like to know

1. Craig or Vines, do you believe in UFOs, ghosts, or other paranormal phenomena?

2. If you could release your own "Best of The Vines" album, which 12-15 Vines songs would be included?

That should keep them busy for awhile! study

Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:48 am

Koala Owl wrote:
Looks great! Should be more than enough!

Although I would really like to know

1. Craig or Vines, do you believe in UFOs, ghosts, or other paranormal phenomena?

2. If you could release your own "Best of The Vines" album, which 12-15 Vines songs would be included?

That should keep them busy for awhile! study

I already have the first one down.
Back to top Go down
Koala Owl

Koala Owl

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:35 am

pirat Kitty your work is tremendous, thank you! Hug
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:11 am

Koala Owl wrote:
pirat Kitty your work is tremendous, thank you! Hug

Thanks

I think I have enough questions now. If anyone else has any more questions, they can send it off in a different fan letter.
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 1:35 pm

Okay, so Kate's sent me the draft. I'm swamped with uni until the weekend (exams etc), so I hope you guys are okay if I look over it properly and send it off on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
fansofcraig

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 3:02 am

I know it's over, but I leave you just one more that someone send me today just in case you didn't send it already. xxoo!

Julie Milkowski
Will you return to France to do some concert?
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:52 am

I'll add that one in for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:34 am

Alrighty, so I did a quick edit of the cover letter. There were some typos and I worded a couple of things a bit more delicately. Also, I changed the very introduction to: "On behalf of all Vines fans, The Vines Official Forum would..." instead of "On behalf of The Vines Official Forum, I...". I hope that's alright. Also added in two questions from meeee. Razz

And it's now been sent to Jess! I told her what it is and that we recognise there's a tonne of questions there so that we could be in for quite a wait but that we'd all really appreciate it if she could pass it on to Craig. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 12:45 pm

Anysound wrote:
Alrighty, so I did a quick edit of the cover letter. There were some typos and I worded a couple of things a bit more delicately. Also, I changed the very introduction to: "On behalf of all Vines fans, The Vines Official Forum would..." instead of "On behalf of The Vines Official Forum, I...". I hope that's alright. Also added in two questions from meeee. Razz

And it's now been sent to Jess! I told her what it is and that we recognise there's a tonne of questions there so that we could be in for quite a wait but that we'd all really appreciate it if she could pass it on to Craig. Smile

I hope they reply back. bounce
Back to top Go down
fansofcraig

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Anysound wrote:

THANK YOU!!! ♥️♥️♥️
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 5:30 am

fansofcraig wrote:
Anysound wrote:

THANK YOU!!! ♥️♥️♥️

My pleasure. Razz Hug
Back to top Go down
Sexhair

Sexhair

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 2:06 am

Just asking, but any clue if these will be answered by Craig?
Back to top Go down
http://en-tergalactic.tumblr.com/
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 6:25 am

Sexhair wrote:
Just asking, but any clue if these will be answered by Craig?

We sent him like 50 questions so it might take sometime. Maybe Elena will e-mail to check how the questionnaire is going.
Back to top Go down
Anysound

Anysound

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:58 am

I got an email from Jess just yesterday saying sorry for the delay but she'll get back to me soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?   If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you would ask Craig/The Vines any question of your desire, what would it be?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next